Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Question For Programmers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Question For Programmers (1003 Views)

Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? / Mini Web Application Coding Challenge For Programmers / .NET C#/VB.NET Project in the Pipeline for Programmers who may be interested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Question For Programmers by Weselion1(m): 3:36pm On Apr 24, 2012
I want to be an expert in programing,which topics in mathematics and further maths should i take more serious? I would also like to know which programming language to begin with.
Re: Question For Programmers by delomos(m): 5:59pm On Apr 24, 2012
In most cases, the amount of Mathematics you need will depending on the kind of computing you want to do -- what Mathematics teaches you (that's non-trivial) is logic and structures which comes in very handy when you're trying to break down a problem and make head way.

You cannot be an expert programmer, no one can, everyone keeps learning, and learning, which make my next point. There is so much to learn and when you start you start seeing that the more you know, the more you discover you don't know, you continue to learn. And of course, be read to learn for yourself, school is B#llSh#t. A lot of B#llSh#t.

That said, after you've gotten your algebra and geometry straight, an interesting area of mathematics that will help a ton is "Discreet Mathematics : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrete_mathematic )" It is the core of anything you do on computing, hardware or software al-ike.

Don't be deceived though, being good at DM wouldn't make you a super programmer, it will just allow you see problems different, as you might have noticed the idea really is, if you want to be good at programming, you have to program, read the 1st chapter of this book and see if the field is for you: http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/intro.html

(1) (Reply)

Your Candid Opinion Is Needed / Pls, Urgent Help Needed On Phpmyadmin / Calling API

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.