Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,323 members, 7,780,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:37 PM

Free African Dating Service - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Free African Dating Service (2850 Views)

Nigerian Dating Service Is On Check It Out / Cupidafrica.com, An African Dating Site With The African Touch And Ease / How To Choose A Dating Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free African Dating Service by Ale(m): 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2006
OK, I admit, I'm just trying to get you to visit http://www.afrikadating.com.
But at least your not sending money to Australia like afrointroductions!

Re: Free African Dating Service by Seun(m): 2:33pm On Mar 28, 2006
What sets your dating site apart from the rest?
Re: Free African Dating Service by Ale(m): 2:59pm On Mar 28, 2006
1. Its free.
2. There's no restriction on site functionality by subscription or status, you've just got to join.
3. We're very fast to approve pictures.
4. It's run by Africans (Ugandan)
5. Members do suggest new functions or improvements, which we program for them.
6. We're worldwide and not just linking one nationality with another, like a few other sites.

http://www.afrikadating.com
Re: Free African Dating Service by micklplus(m): 4:46pm On Mar 28, 2006
ok o and i hope my people will find it very useful. cool
cheers
Re: Free African Dating Service by Greatpeter(m): 5:42pm On Mar 28, 2006
Dating sites with fake pictures.
How useful?
Re: Free African Dating Service by Rhodalyn(f): 5:43pm On Mar 28, 2006
not very useful at alllllllllll cheesy cheesy
Re: Free African Dating Service by Ale(m): 5:53pm On Mar 28, 2006
Hi.

It's the perennial problem with dating sites: you can't make everyone honest!

We've allowed a lot of latitude with pictures, so a couple up there have got pictures of their pets.

And we'd expect most site users to know its really *not* Lauren Hill or 50 Cent. We've also deleted a number of 419ers since we started also (February this year) as these are quite dangerous people.

But if there are some genuine fakesters there, we'd like to know and we'll take appropriate action. Member ID numbers are posted in URLs or you can get them viewing a profile. If anyone can help us with that, then let us know on Admin@afrikadating.com

http://www.afrikadating.com
Re: Free African Dating Service by oasis: 7:21pm On Mar 28, 2006
Funny you should mention 419'ers.  I've been closely monitoring the profiles posted by people from certain countries on my site, and I've noticed that they almost always claim to be female, they lie about their location (always claim to in the USA), and lie about everything else.  For example, some will say they're 21, but hold a PhD.  Or that they're 6'2" in height and weigh 75Lbs, etc.  For these reasons, I've banned signups originating from certain problem IP blocks, because they're basically polluting my site.

You'd need to take the same measures, or your site would end up being filled with nothing but fake profiles from 419'ers. 

I also do other things like programmatically screen messages for 419 content before delivery is allowed.  Basically, if your message contains certain phrases or terms, you'd be told it looks like spam and cannot be processed.  And most of the time they are spam.

As for fake pictures, I have ways of checking if a picture is stolen.  My site is the only site doing this as far as I know.  And everything is automated too.

You have an uphill battle running a dating site.  I wish you success.
Re: Free African Dating Service by Ale(m): 8:37am On Mar 29, 2006
Hi,

Thanks for the post. I do check for 419 content using a match query before mails are posted. It looks for natural language matches on certain common 419 phrases. But checking pictures to be fake, how do you manage that? I'd be interested in knowing the rudiments of the technique.

Ale.
Re: Free African Dating Service by oasis: 5:43pm On Mar 29, 2006
But checking pictures to be fake, how do you manage that? I'd be interested in knowing the rudiments of the technique.

I'm afraid I can't share that information, since it'd amount to giving 419'ers a way to circumvent it, which defeats the whole idea. Get it? smiley
Re: Free African Dating Service by Ale(m): 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2006
Aha. I geddit.

Any chance of a hint via email? Admin@afrikdating.com

Ale
Re: Free African Dating Service by oasis: 7:29pm On Mar 29, 2006
Sorry. A secret is no longer a secret once it becomes known to more than one person. Sorry to be direct, but that's my nature.

Doing a little thinking of your own should give you some ideas.
Re: Free African Dating Service by eveseh(f): 5:38pm On May 07, 2006
my dating is icq.com and amour.fr
Re: Free African Dating Service by UPRISING: 9:19pm On Aug 23, 2007
is only free for those in african others pay before u join,
Re: Free African Dating Service by BigMario2(m): 11:23pm On Aug 28, 2007
hello abeg i fit get suggar mummies websites i want to hook up with one
Re: Free African Dating Service by bronco95: 10:22am On Sep 10, 2007
Check out www.

It has live TV, music videos, Games, Currency Converter, Chat room, Forum, News flash, and plenty more. I watched SCIFI TV for free online yesterday. it is streaming well depending on your internet speed

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Hookup For Single Guys And Girls In Abuja!! / How Can I Meet A Beautiful Lady On Nairaland ? / Girls Whatsapp Number For Friendship, Longtime Relationship And Online Chatting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.