Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,772 members, 7,802,367 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? (41039 Views)

Why Is President Jonathan Overly Obsessed With His Fedora Hat (PICS) / Are Nigerians Obsessed With Bad/evil News? / Th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 9:46am On Apr 25, 2012
I have been watching from the sideline for quite a while now, the numerous ethnic jingoistical lambastation going on here on Nairaland. What I totally find very amusing and at the same time annoying is the way some people are parading themselves as spokesperson for the Ilaje people. For instance, it is very amusing to read incoherent and thus incorrect history 101 of the Ilaje by the young chap called "Alhaji alaya yi yeye" otherwise known as Alhj Harem. Well, one can excuse his mistakes, that boy aint a swimmer, he probably cant paddle a canoe with an "obele". Awori people can only paddle with an "àjè". Now, from the pack of these "Obsessionists", the one person that draws my anger is that "Propagandist boy" called beaf. He likes to claim that Ilaje people in Delta State are having it better than the ones in Ondo State. How come? If the Governor's people, the Ishekiri, our more populous and far richer (in term of Petroleum endowment)cousin in Delta are not laughing, how less the insignificant population of the Ilaje in Delta State? I just wonder at the basis of his comparison? Has he been to Ilaje Local Government in Ondo State lately? Anyway, irun mo fe fo rin pe ji an gban awa Ilaje re. Me fe ba Beaf ati aghan emewa re ka argue nitori omade naa go yeye. Sibesibe, mo mi be re rin, gban Ilaje re. Yin wa no! Abo oro an ji an mi fo ghun omaluabi rin o. Se wo gbo mi?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by ektbear: 9:51am On Apr 25, 2012
Well, the existence of Ilaje as a Yoruba subethnic groups messes up the narrative of Yoruba as parasites that some folk like to portray on NL.

This is why so many non-Yoruba seem to be interested in them...

From PapaBrowne who claimed that the Ilaje are not Yoruba, to various other clowns like Beaf and company.

Basically it is politics and propaganda..

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 11:16am On Apr 25, 2012
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 11:18am On Apr 25, 2012
OP, you should represent you people more on NL! You don't have to partake in the tribal bashing but you need to speak up if people like Alhaji harem and Beaf are saying incorrect things about your people! Peace!
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ufeolorun(m): 12:16pm On Apr 25, 2012
Gban Ilaje re ke? Impossible,the whole concept of the political-swindle called Niger-delta would be rendered useless.
Ilaje questions the whole idea of 'minority oil' ,so they won't leave you alone mate.
Ojae/Ojare
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2012
jason123: OP, you should represent you people more on NL! You don't have to partake in the tribal bashing but you need to speak up if people like Alhaji harem and Beaf are saying incorrect things about your people! Peace!

I would love to represent my people here, but then, I woulnt want to find myself arguing and going in circle with the small boyz on this site.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 7:49pm On Apr 25, 2012
Ilaje44:

I would love to represent my people here, but then, I woulnt want to find myself arguing and going in circle with the small boyz on this site.

It does not matter. Just let your opinion be heard! If not, your history will be re-written Nairalanders!
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Beaf: 7:57pm On Apr 25, 2012
Ilaje44, what state are you from?
It is very important to establish that you are neither alj haram nor his alter ego Jason123.

It is foolish to say that Itsekiri's are suffering in Delta state, and tremendously foolish to say Ilaje's have anything, but equality in Delta as well. Those things show you up as a fake, just like alj haram.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Beaf: 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2012
Ilaje44:

Don't try to escape, bro. Your own words have you in a vice-like grip. Prove them.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Rhino5dm: 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2012
Alj harem is that you? Lmao
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 8:00pm On Apr 25, 2012
Beaf: Ilaje44, what state are you from?
It is very important to establish that you are neither alj haram nor his alter ego Jason123.

It is foolish to say that Itsekiri's are suffering in Delta state, and tremendously foolish to say Ilaje's are have anything, but equality in Delta as well. Those things show you up as a fake, just like alj haram.

I knew you could not resist the temptation. . .
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 8:01pm On Apr 25, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Alj harem is that you? Lmao

Who knows? grin grin
If na him, hin no dey tiya ni? grin grin . . .height of joblessness!
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2012
OP, you better come back to defend yaself!
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 25, 2012
alhaji harem don metamorphose! cheesy
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 9:22pm On Apr 25, 2012
He is not alj harem ! Ogini self angry gini ka i na-ekwu maka ya.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ejine(m): 9:30pm On Apr 25, 2012
Jobless Alj Haram.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 9:35pm On Apr 25, 2012
Ejiné: Jobless Alj Haram.

I have told you I am ebira/ Bini.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 12:00am On Apr 26, 2012
Hello young fellows, I knew you would think I am someone that I am not. Thats how the Nigerian State has conditioned you. I really feel for you. Anyway, I have no reason to claim who I am not, because I am a bonafide "oma Ilaje". I have no reason to claim Ibo, Hausa, Ibibio or any ethnic group save Yoruba/Ilaje. I would advice you to desist on casting aspersion on Alhaji Harem. He is not me and I am not him.

The reason I have not been meddling in the "confrontation" rather than "conversation" is the very immature and uncivilized way the discussions have been going on. However, the most restraining force for me to partake is the certainty of the meaninglessness of the cyber rants.

BTW, I am a German Nigerian by nationality, but Ilaje/Yoruba by the natural law of ethnic communality. I am a full blooded oma Ilaje born some 40 something years on the waters of Ilaje. Fed with "Pupuru" and "Imeeki". Nobody who is not an Ikale, Apoi, or Ilaje can know what "Imeeki" is. How dare you accuse me of impersonation? Apropos Beaf, gegebi mo ti fo, yin Ilaje no. La so ugba aghan ara oja re ni Usoko. Abi eran ehin yi we ri je re mi fun re ni wahala opolo? Mini mini yo!

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Kilode1: 12:12am On Apr 26, 2012
Lol @ Yin Ilaje no.

Pupuru + Obe'la Alasepo + Ipere Lori lopete. Yummy

Ilaje44, I dey gbadun you jare. No mind them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 1:06am On Apr 26, 2012
Lol! O boy! grin
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Beaf: 1:35am On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44: Hello young fellows, I knew you would think I am someone that I am not. Thats how the Nigerian State has conditioned you. I really feel for you. Anyway, I have no reason to claim who I am not, because I am a bonafide "oma Ilaje". I have no reason to claim Ibo, Hausa, Ibibio or any ethnic group save Yoruba/Ilaje. I would advice you to desist on casting aspersion on Alhaji Harem. He is not me and I am not him.

The reason I have not been meddling in the "confrontation" rather than "conversation" is the very immature and uncivilized way the discussions have been going on. However, the most restraining force for me to partake is the certainty of the meaninglessness of the cyber rants.

BTW, I am a German Nigerian by nationality, but Ilaje/Yoruba by the natural law of ethnic communality. I am a full blooded oma Ilaje born some 40 something years on the waters of Ilaje. Fed with "Pupuru" and "Imeeki". Nobody who is not an Ikale, Apoi, or Ilaje can know what "Imeeki" is. How dare you accuse me of impersonation? Apropos Beaf, gegebi mo ti fo, yin Ilaje no. La so ugba aghan ara oja re ni Usoko. Abi eran ehin yi we ri je re mi fun re ni wahala opolo? Mini mini yo!
Abeg, you are a counterfeit jare! just simply tell us the things I demanded in order to make the exposure 100% complete.

Alhaji boko haram, you are fooling only yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 2:10am On Apr 26, 2012
Beaf:
Abeg, you are a counterfeit jare! just simply tell us the things I demanded in order to make the exposure 100% complete.

Alhaji boko haram, you are fooling only yourself.

you are a dunce, how can I claim Ilaje when I do not know Ilaje dialect ? What do you take me for? angry

deal with who is talk to you

@Ilajeman

Ok I would stop talking about Ilaje
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Beaf: 2:17am On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem:

you are a dunce, how can I claim Ilaje when I do not know Ilaje dialect ? What do you take me for? angry

deal with who is talk to you

@Ilajeman

Ok I would stop talking about Ilaje
Shatap and go and call your alter ego to type in blue.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 5:44am On Apr 26, 2012
E lee o arakonren original. U think I give a zshit about what you believe? Go and feast on elede jare and leave Ilaje matter alone. I know that that is your favourite past time in Usoko/Urobo land. You think everybody is like you? Some people pioneered 419 even before it became known as such, hence they got tagged WAYO, OJORO people.

O ri moto we ya. O j'ogede dudu oko nta boo. Ndo aburo!
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by tpia5: 6:14am On Apr 26, 2012
ilaje seems to sound a bit like owo dialect [re:the first post].

any connection?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Rhino5dm: 6:27am On Apr 26, 2012
Alj harem you dey try o.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by tpia5: 6:28am On Apr 26, 2012
i doubt al harem could have typed the language in the first post.

the second, maybe.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 6:59am On Apr 26, 2012
Give me a break! This is not Alhaji Harem.

@Tpiah, the people from Ondo state are linguistically not very far from each other. However, the Ikale dialect is the closest to Ilaje among the pack. I can understand ede Ogho, Ifan, Onido, Idanre quite well. Its only Akure and Akoko that can give me a very serious challenge to comprehend. Akoko is really tough.

Beispiele:

Ogho ji gede
Ilaje ji dede
Ekiti ji kete
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by tpia5: 7:06am On Apr 26, 2012
the people from Ondo state are linguistically not very far from each other. However, the Ikale dialect is the closest to Ilaje among the pack. I can understand ede Ogho, Ifan, Onido, Idanre quite well

from the little you typed in your first post, i noticed the similarity with owo.

just wondered if there were any direct historical connections, that's all.

eg oral traditions of migrations betwwen the two.

i found [to my surprise], that i can understand ijebu somewhat, when its spoken, despite never having learnt or heard the dialect while growing up, so i suppose it [ijebu] probably sounds a bit like the ondo languages.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by tpia5: 7:08am On Apr 26, 2012
Akoko is really tough.

true.

and different dialects even among akoko itself.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by tpia5: 7:13am On Apr 26, 2012
interesting thread, will be following.

have to go now.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 7:34am On Apr 26, 2012
tpia@:

from the little you typed in your first post, i noticed the similarity with owo.

just wondered if there were any direct historical connections, that's all.

eg oral traditions of migrations betwwen the two.

i found [to my surprise], that i can understand ijebu somewhat, when its spoken, despite never having learnt or heard the dialect while growing up, so i suppose it [ijebu] probably sounds a bit like the ondo languages.

Indeed, we are quite related to the Ijebus. The historical migratory pattern as has been passed down to us implies that the Ilaje migrated from "Ufe". We do also had some Bini influences too, as we also have influenced Bini. For instance, we also call "àgban" kokodia and sometimes in an exclamatory remark do say "Orisanobua". We are really very close.

BTW, my paternal grand mother was from Ifan. If you are on FB, and you wish to be friend, check out "BABA-ILAJE".
E lee oma Ologho imade.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

PDP Takes Over Adoke Amasiemeka Stadium Rivers State (pictures) / Igbo Women Pushing Bus That Stuck In The Mud On Their Way To Okorocha Rally / Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.