Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? (41060 Views)

Why Is President Jonathan Overly Obsessed With His Fedora Hat (PICS) / Are Nigerians Obsessed With Bad/evil News? / Th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by seunny4lif(m): 8:57am On Apr 26, 2012
Not only u,both i also having being wondering where they got their information frm.I always laugh when reading there information.I'm frm ilu-titun,in okitipupa.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 10:39am On Apr 26, 2012
This is getting interesting! grin
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Afam4eva(m): 10:57am On Apr 26, 2012
Why did the OP have to write in a blue ink. is he trying to prove something to us?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Willywilly9: 11:15am On Apr 26, 2012
Why is it that other yoruba clans like to look down on Ilajes?, and why do Ilajes like to live in dirty shanty houses built with bamboos?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Kilode1: 11:18am On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44: Give me a break! This is not Alhaji Harem.

@Tpiah, the people from Ondo state are linguistically not very far from each other. However, the Ikale dialect is the closest to Ilaje among the pack. I can understand ede Ogho, Ifan, Onido, Idanre quite well. Its only Akure and Akoko that can give me a very serious challenge to comprehend. Akoko is really tough.

Beispiele:

Ogho ji gede
Ilaje ji dede
Ekiti ji kete

This is so true, plus Irele. And from the Owo side, if you go down a little bit towards owanland especially the Uzebba, Sabongida axis, actually up to Esanland (Ishan). The word similarities and usage are so familiar it's difficult not to see the connection.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 11:22am On Apr 26, 2012
Willy+willy:
Why is it that other yoruba clans like to look down on Ilajes?, and why do Ilajes like to live in dirty shanty houses built with bamboos?

You've started, abi?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Willywilly9: 11:24am On Apr 26, 2012
jason123:

You've started, abi?
You n ko
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 11:31am On Apr 26, 2012
afam4eva: Why did the OP have to write in a blue ink. is he trying to prove something to us?

Afam, actually he is for real. I researched on this (highlighted part of his quote) just to see if there is any credibility and this is what I came up with.

http://de-de.facebook.com/Emopin

Ilaje44: [color=#000099][/color]
Indeed, we are quite related to the Ijebus. The historical migratory pattern as has been passed down to us implies that the Ilaje migrated from "Ufe". We do also had some Bini influences too, as we also have influenced Bini. For instance, we also call "àgban" kokodia and sometimes in an exclamatory remark do say "Orisanobua". We are really very close.

BTW, my paternal grand mother was from Ifan. If you are on FB, and you wish to be friend, check out "BABA-ILAJE".
E lee oma Ologho imade.

He also said he also he has German heritage. . . well, check the FB link to confirm. I seriously doubt this is Alj harem because his diction is quite good compared to Alj harem (no "offenise" wink)
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 11:31am On Apr 26, 2012
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ejine(m): 11:40am On Apr 26, 2012
What a boring thread.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 11:49am On Apr 26, 2012
Alhaji alaya yi yeye must be a linguistical guru for him to have been able to mystify you lot. Much respect young Alhaji. Weiter so!

Jason, se uwo mo je la ka gho FB mi rin? TPIAH mo ko irohin yen ghun rin ke. Abi ki mi se re uwo omade yii? Gban aghan alaigbagbo re ji an ka pe ni Alhaji alaya yi yeye. Omakonren yen nati n'agbara n'oja yi sha.

BTW, blue is good for this old man's eye. Me ne affilieshon pelu "Fussballverein" yi an mi se emon dry gin n'oja ghan.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Willywilly9: 11:56am On Apr 26, 2012
Ejiné: What a boring thread.
Yes ooooo, Ilajes are not interesting people because they are some how backward and poor, the little land they had, other Yoruba Clan have bought it, they are left with nothing only waiting the day Ocean will swallow them up.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 12:01pm On Apr 26, 2012
Willy+willy:

Yes ooooo, Ilajes are not interesting people because they are some how backward and poor, the little land they had, other Yoruba Clan have bought it, they are left with nothing only waiting the day Ocean will swallow them up.

When they start with you, it would seem like they hate "Igbos" meanwhile, you are the one that's not only provoking him but also insulting his whole ethnic group. Well, he is a grown man, I doubt if he'll have time for NL tribal bashing!

Ilaje44: Alhaji alaya yi yeye must be a linguistical guru for him to have been able to mystify you lot. Much respect young Alhaji. Weiter so!

Jason, se uwo mo je la ka gho FB mi rin? TPIAH mo ko irohin yen ghun rin ke. Abi ki mi se re uwo omade yii? Gban aghan alaigbagbo re ji an ka pe ni Alhaji alaya yi yeye. Omakonren yen nati n'agbara n'oja yi sha.

BTW, blue is good for this old man's eye. Me ne affilieshon pelu "Fussballverein" yi an mi se emon dry gin n'oja ghan.

Sir, this language is hard! grin
On Nairaland, we are all Alj harem because the said man has really captured their imagination! cheesy. You know, when they refuse to believe their reality, they result to illusions!
Yeah, I only checked your FB page to see if you were Alj harem or not.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by oturugo(m): 12:01pm On Apr 26, 2012
@The poster in blue. Mr Beaf asked you a simple question and till now you have not answered that yet. Stop maintaining.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 12:04pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo: @The poster in blue. Mr Beaf asked you a simple question and till now you have not answered that yet. Stop maintaining.

Sir Ilaje44, the highlighted is true!

This is the question again!

Beaf: Ilaje44, what state are you from?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by oturugo(m): 12:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
jason123:

Sir Ilaje44, the highlighted is true!

This is the question again!

The truth and nothing but the truth please.
Ilajes are not Yorubas but have been influenced by their Yoruba neighbours or Yorubas have bought land in Ilaje and have moved there in large numbers. Answer.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo:
The truth and nothing but the truth please.
Ilajes are not Yorubas but have been influenced by their Yoruba neighbours or Yorubas have bought land in Ilaje and have moved there in large numbers. Answer.

I guess your question is directed at Ilaje44 not me.

And please, for pure analytical purposes, can you explain the highlighted?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Willywilly9: 12:13pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo: @The poster in blue. Mr Beaf asked you a simple question and till now you have not answered that yet. Stop maintaining.
Ilaje44 is son of Ilaje,
sometimes i do pity them because of the way the Ilajes are living. If you look at Ilaje man eye what you see immidiately is a poverty red eye.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by oturugo(m): 12:14pm On Apr 26, 2012
jason123: [/b]

I guess your question is directed at Ilaje44 not me.

And please, for pure analytical purposes, can you explain the highlighted?
Very simple.
It's for him to choose one of the two.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 12:17pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo:
Very simple.

Lol, but I can be Owo and yet be Yoruba. I can be Egba and yet be Yoruba. I can be Ana (its in present Togo) and yet be Yoruba.

So, what in the world is wrong with being Ilaje and Yoruba?? What does the word Ilaje sound like??

So what do you think they are? Ijaw? cheesy
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo:
Very simple.

Today, we have the Wawa people of Enugu and the Ngwa of Abia. Can we say they should choose between the two? Are they not all Igbos?

Even within the Ijaw, we have Arogbo as well as Opobo. Are they not all Ijaws?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 12:22pm On Apr 26, 2012
ekt_bear: Well, the existence of Ilaje as a Yoruba subethnic groups messes up the narrative of Yoruba as parasites that some folk like to portray on NL.

This is why so many non-Yoruba seem to be interested in them...

From PapaBrowne who claimed that the Ilaje are not Yoruba, to various other clowns like Beaf and company.

Basically it is politics and propaganda..

This best explains what's going on. . .
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2012
Yoruba Ilaje gha rin!
@Jason, bere rin, Ilaje lo die. Sugban sha, bi wo ba le fo Ondo abi Ogho, e ye ji ni ghun re yeye nati gbo Ilaje.

[size=5pt]On a side note, I heard the Ilajes are not comfortable being in Nigeria, so they have decided to form Ilafra. They are planning to take the Ibos along[/size] tongue

Abeg leave Ilaje alone jare.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by oturugo(m): 12:28pm On Apr 26, 2012
Some Ilajes speak Yoruba despite not been Yoruba. Just like some communities in Bauchi state speak Hausa yet not Hausa or some communities in Andoni Rivers state that speak Igbo despite not being Igbo.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 12:30pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo: Some Ilajes speak Yoruba despite not been Yoruba. Just like some communities in Bauchi state speak Hausa yet not Hausa or some communities in Andoni Rivers state that speak Igbo despite not being Igbo.

That is not about the language. Stop being mischievous! Its about where they are actually from.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 12:32pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44: Alhaji alaya yi yeye must be a linguistical guru for him to have been able to mystify you lot. Much respect young Alhaji. Weiter so!

Oma Ilaje, ka re o!

You see the issue is simple, tell us the state you are from and tell us if you are yoruba or not. O pare
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo: Some Ilajes speak Yoruba despite not been Yoruba. Just like some communities in Bauchi state speak Hausa yet not Hausa or some communities in Andoni Rivers state that speak Igbo despite not being Igbo.

You carzy or what

Bauchi people are hausawa

Ilaje people as far as I am concerned are yoruba

NO COMMUNITY IN RIVERS IS IGBO .

Get you facts right.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44: Yoruba Ilaje gha rin!
@Jason, bere rin, Ilaje lo die. Sugban sha, bi wo ba le fo Ondo abi Ogho, e ye ji ni ghun re yeye nati gbo Ilaje.

[size=5pt]On a side note, I heard the Ilajes are not comfortable being in Nigeria, so they have decided to form Ilafra. They are planning to take the Ibos along[/size] tongue

Abeg leave Ilaje alone jare.

Ilafra . . .lol! On a real, though, you need to spend more time online and have fun. If people misinterpret your people's history, you could correct them. This is my sincere advise. Take care sir!

Btw, you have still not DIRECTLY answered Beaf's question!

Which is, " what state are you from"!
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2012

What language do the other Ilaje people speak if some speak Yoruba?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 12:37pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

What language do the other Ilaje people speak if some speak Yoruba?

Very good question, the ideeiot is another Igbo mumu. You have to learn to separate those with brains and the "others".

Well the above is the typical Igbo man for you, that is what we deal with daily on Nairaland.lol grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by oturugo(m): 12:39pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem:

You carzy or what

Bauchi people are hausawa

Ilaje people as far as I am concerned are yoruba

NO COMMUNITY IN RIVERS IS IGBO .

Get you facts right.
You are the crazy one as the poster actually described you early in his post. Andoni is a Kalabari town in Rivers state but majority speak Igbo, but this does not make them Igbos. I know you have not been to bauchi state but those who have or served there will tell you that there are some commun ities there that are not hausawa but do speak hausa. The two examples here typifies Ilaje.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2012
jason123:

Ilafra . . .lol! On a real, though, you need to spend more time online and have fun. If people misinterpret your people's history, you could correct them. This is my sincere advise. Take care sir!

Btw, you have still not DIRECTLY answered Beaf's question!

Which is, " what state are you from"!

I will never answer such a foolish question. I am not here to say my state is this your state is that. My case is ILAJE should be let alone, not the ILAJE in my state should be let alone. The Ilajes are native to 3 States in Nigeria namely:

1. Ondo
2. Ogun
3. Delta

I can be from any of the above. I really dont care. Leave Ilaje matter alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Boko Haram Member Dressed As Woman Arrested In Yola By Soldiers (photos) / DSS Arrests Victor Umeh, Flown To Abuja In Handcuffs / Bloomberg Posted The Seyi Tinubu Property Story Across All Their Platforms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.