Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,878 members, 7,806,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? (41052 Views)

Why Is President Jonathan Overly Obsessed With His Fedora Hat (PICS) / Are Nigerians Obsessed With Bad/evil News? / Th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 7:06pm On Apr 26, 2012
[size=15pt]How can I embed a Youtube video?[/size]
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by ektbear: 7:06pm On Apr 26, 2012
Desola you can probably understand more of that than you think. Even I can hear a bit of it...and I'm not exactly the most fluent in yoruba cheesy
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2012
I can't believe this made front page. Baba Ilaje, you're a breath of fresh air.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44: [size=15pt]How can I embed a Youtube video?[/size]

Just copy the link and paste it on your post. that is all smiley
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Desola(f): 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
bittyend: Ishekiris are Ijebus!!

Please, don't discriminate against my cousins. cool

Eweso!!

Eweso o, omo alare.

Eweso, e ku oni o, ijebu alare, aye ayewa
Aye aye wa, mo gboyinbo mo re lagosi, ilu oyinbo mo tun mura... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 7:09pm On Apr 26, 2012
SEYI LAW: There is some sample of Ilaje here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/azRhde_Tljk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by ektbear: 7:11pm On Apr 26, 2012
Regarding Ekiti dialect...to be quite honest I'm not sure whether the dialect in my town is closer to Ekiti or Ijesha (we live near the border of the two groups..)

I do know that our dialect sounds kind of strange to mainstream Yoruba though grin
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 7:11pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44: SEYI LAW: There is some sample of Ilaje here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=DE&v=azRhde_Tljk

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 26, 2012
We need an egun guy to confirm if they're yorubas or not - to stop the incessant arguments on NL about who are yorubas, or not... I can relate to the Ilajes, though. My home town is as swampy as theirs but we're not riverine people.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 7:12pm On Apr 26, 2012
Is 9ice Ilaje ?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Desola(f): 7:13pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem:

ah ah ah grin, but I am sure you can pick up some words in there.

This brings me to the to Gbedegi and toede (not sure of the spelling) who are actually yorubas in Niger state but have been nupe-ized. their language is very similar to Okun as well.

Okun is so much better, very intelligble to me as oppossed itsekiri. Here is an okun man singing in Okun, not much different from the regular Yoruba you hear on the streets of Lagos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwkGw9mnz20
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by ektbear: 7:14pm On Apr 26, 2012
Thoughts on mainstream Yoruba language supplanting the dialects?

The advantages are pretty big I think, and certainly outweigh the costs.

But I suppose that there is a loss of uniqueness/culture, increased homogeneity as a result of this too..
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by bittyend(m): 7:15pm On Apr 26, 2012
Desola:

Eweso o, omo alare.

Eweso, e ku oni o, ijebu alare, aye ayewa
Aye aye wa, mo gboyinbo mo re lagosi, ilu oyinbo mo tun mura... grin grin

Lool! I don't understand Ijebu that much.

I only know eweso, ke mi ti ri, ke mi se or etc. I picked that up from my grandma. grin

But you Isale eko people need to give us our Eyo festival back. That's from my pops' place, Iperu remo. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Afam4eva(m): 7:16pm On Apr 26, 2012
shymmex: We need an egun guy to confirm if they're yorubas or not - to stop the incessant arguments on NL about who are yorubas, or not... I can relate to the Ilajes, though. My home town is as swampy as theirs but we're not riverine people.

One person's opinion does not give credence to where a group belongs. I'm sure if one egun guy comes and says egun people are Yorubas and another egun niggga says otherwise, you'll believe the one that supports your belief, right? Personally, i think all this groups are classified under the Yoruba ethnic group which is quite different from tribe. That's where some people get it wrong. Yoruba is like a club of people with similar idiosyncrasies and not necessarily of the same lineage.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Desola(f): 7:17pm On Apr 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-lcGpXCQ40

Ilaje song. I love thier singing so much. I can totally understand this.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Afam4eva(m): 7:18pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem: Is 9ice Ilaje ?
9ice is from Oyo town.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 7:18pm On Apr 26, 2012
bittyend:

I only know eweso, ke mi ti ri, ke mi se or etc. I picked that up from my grandma. grin

But you Isale eko people need to give us our Eyo festival back. That's from my pops' place, Iperu remo. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Eyo is no longer an Ijebu thing. In fact it is now a lagosian thing which include all ethnicity. wink
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 7:18pm On Apr 26, 2012
I am trying to embed the video here, but it is not showing like Desola's. Seyi was just too hilarious here. He is repping Ilaje really well in that video.

http://youtu.be/azRhde_Tljk
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 7:19pm On Apr 26, 2012
afam4eva:
9ice is from Oyo town.

thanks smiley
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Desola(f): 7:19pm On Apr 26, 2012
bittyend:

I'm probably more ijebu than you paapa. We morunkurun... grin

Emi omo afotamodi.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 7:20pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44: I am trying to embed the video here, but it is not showing like Desola's. Seyi was just too hilarious here. He is repping Ilaje really well in that video.

http://youtu.be/azRhde_Tljk

I would help you with that,

Don't use the "url" just past the link on you post page and it should automatically show up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azRhde_Tljk
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 7:21pm On Apr 26, 2012
afam4eva:
9ice is from Oyo town.

That is not true. 9ice is from OGBOMOSHO. Look up his interview with Funmi Iyanda on Youtube. Iyanda herself is also an omo Soun.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Wily2wily: 7:21pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44,
all these we love Ilaje this and that from Yorubas are because Ilaje Land is oil rich, They want to feed fat on Ilaje oil money and allow you people die in poverty, the succeeded in doing that to the Aworis, today Aworis are strangers in their home land Lagos
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 7:21pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

That is not true. 9ice is from OGBOMOSHO. Look up his interview with Funmi Iyanda on Youtube. Iyanda herself is also an omo Soun.

better
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by draj93(m): 7:22pm On Apr 26, 2012
I luv dis thread, i'm always happy to be with my people (ilajes) but d painful part of it is dat i can't speak d language. I'm 4rm idi-ogba precisely.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Beaf: 7:22pm On Apr 26, 2012
So it turns out that aside from being a counterfeit, Ilaje44 is also irresponsible (he claims to "yansh" girls), a bigot (describing Isoko's and Urhobo's with derogatoruy names) as well as a fool. embarassed

That typical alj haram.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 7:23pm On Apr 26, 2012
Wily2wily: Ilaje44,
all these we love Ilaje this and that from Yorubas are because Ilaje Land is oil rich, They want to feed fat on Ilaje oil money and allow you people die in poverty, the succeeded in doing that to the Aworis, today Aworis are strangers in their home land Lagos

Actually we Aworis have never regretted being called yorubas. It comes with a form of prestige grin grin grin

BTW wily-wily I am still interested o ! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 7:24pm On Apr 26, 2012
Beaf: So it turns out that aside from being a counterfeit, Ilaje44 is also irresponsible (he claims to "yansh" girls), as well as a fool. embarassed
cry cry cry cry cry us a river
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Afam4eva(m): 7:24pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

Yeah, you're right.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 7:24pm On Apr 26, 2012
[size=18pt]I am proud of you all. Keep repping what you are. In a sane Nigeria, we should be able to represent what we are without maligning others, and without the fear of other people calling us ethnic jingoists.[/size]
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 7:27pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44: [size=18pt]I am proud of you all. Keep repping what you are. In a sane Nigeria, we should be able to represent what we are without maligning others, and without the fear of other people calling us ethnic jingoists.[/size]

Egbon God bless you !!! I really enjoy the way you took Beaf and his ethnic goons to school. Oma Ilaje eka re

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply)

Wike Cancels Lockdown In Port-Harcourt And Obio-Akpor / PDP's Reaction To Buhari Signing The Budget Of 2016 / Amaechi: Chinese Firm Embarrassing Nigeria Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.