Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan (13899 Views)

Discharge Me Like You Discharge Tinubu - Saraki Begs CCT / Fani-kayode To Tinubu:I’m Not Funsho Williams, I Cannot Be Killed Like A Chicken / Fani-kayode To Tinubu: You Can't Kill Me Like Funsho Williams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by not2long(m): 10:13am On Apr 25, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan says he does not want to be admonished like a schoolchild.

Speaking at a dinner in honour of the National Working Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party in Abuja on Monday, Jonathan however told the PDP executives despite being president he was not above the party.

He said he and other members of the Executive arm of government as well as the legislature were ready to respect party supremacy.

Jonathan said, “The President cannot be a king or maximum ruler, the President is elected by the party and must serve the party not the party serving the President. So, if he is deviating, the President must be cautioned so that all will know that the party is supreme and all must all follow the dictates of the party.

“I am not saying the President should be admonished like a primary schoolchild. Nobody in the party from the President to the least person at the ward will be superior to the party. So, you have a lot of challenges in this direction to make sure that you instil that kind of discipline. We will give you maximum cooperation.”

“The PDP is a political party and as a party, we must have guidelines and no matter the office you are holding, the party must be in a position to discipline or admonish Mr. President if he deviates.

“In South Africa, the African National Congress can admonish the President because the party is superior. And that is why in the gathering of the party, the party chairman takes precedence in order of protocol. It shows that the President himself is under the chairman.

Jonathan said he would not take issue with those criticising his administration, saying, “when you are in the ruling party, you must show more maturity”.

The President said, “We must all work to create an avenue where the party will source funding so that if you are the chairman of the party, members of the working committee, you can manage the party without excessive influence of people.

“Even though we expect all moneybags to be in PDP, but we don’t want the moneybags to influence the activities of the party and to stop that of course, we must come up with programmes that will make the party self-sustaining in terms of financing.”

The PDP Chairman, Alhaji Bamagar Tukur, said the party could not be repositioned without internal democracy and discipline.

He urged all party faithful to ensure that they do not work in cross purpose with the government.

http://www.punchng.com/news/dont-admonish-me-like-a-schoolchild-jonathan/
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by Jeel: 3:26pm On Apr 25, 2012
You're right sir...carry go
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by damilola15: 3:26pm On Apr 25, 2012
Lol, why are they also addressing him like a "primary schoolchild". tongue tongue tongue
I hope he knows that a lot of people address him worse than that.
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by Ninapha(f): 3:27pm On Apr 25, 2012
He said he and other members of the Executive arm of government as well as the legislature were ready to respect party supremacy.

Jonathan said, “The President cannot be a king or maximum ruler, the President is elected by the party and must serve the party not the party serving the President. So, if he is deviating, the President must be cautioned so that all will know that the party is supreme and all must all follow the dictates of the party.

So this is it. How the masses feels is irrelevant right. Well I believe GEJ had good intentions for the nation but saying he would act according to the dictates of the party is too dull.
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by SisiKill1: 3:29pm On Apr 25, 2012
Why does GEJ have to compare himself, the country. . .and whatever else with other countries? It sounds soooooo childish.

Mukaila. . .does not do this!
In Kituanji they do it like this.
The president of this place said to about me..
The people of that place don't do their president like this.

It just reeks of inferiority complex. Stand on your own two feet man!!

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 25, 2012
not2long: President Goodluck Jonathan says he does not want to be admonished like a schoolchild.

Speaking at a dinner in honour of the National Working Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party in Abuja on Monday, Jonathan however told the PDP executives despite being president he was not above the party.

“I am not saying the President should be admonished like a primary schoolchild. Nobody in the party from the President to the least person at the ward will be superior to the party. So, you have a lot of challenges in this direction to make sure that you instil that kind of discipline. We will give you maximum cooperation.”

“The PDP is a political party and as a party, we must have guidelines and no matter the office you are holding, the party must be in a position to discipline or admonish Mr. President if he deviates.

“In South Africa, the African National Congress can admonish the President because the party is superior. And that is why in the gathering of the party, the party chairman takes precedence in order of protocol. It shows that the President himself is under the chairman.

Jonathan said he would not take issue with those criticising his administration, saying, “when you are in the ruling party, you must show more maturity”.

The President said, “We must all work to create an avenue where the party will source funding so that if you are the chairman of the party, members of the working committee, you can manage the party without excessive influence of people.

“Even though we expect all moneybags to be in PDP, but we don’t want the moneybags to influence the activities of the party and to stop that of course, we must come up with programmes that will make the party self-sustaining in terms of financing.”

The PDP Chairman, Alhaji Bamagar Tukur, said the party could not be repositioned without internal democracy and discipline.

He urged all party faithful to ensure that they do not work in cross purpose with the government.

I hope all jonathan bootlickers can listen to the voice of the mafia boss.Beaf take note. cheesy
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 25, 2012
What happens if someone calls him Retardeen ? tongue
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by GboyegaD(m): 3:50pm On Apr 25, 2012
For the I voted Jonathan and not PDP do you still need further clarification of what/who you voted for? Henceforth, those who voted GEJ should just abide by whatever he does since they chose him to serve them.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by Rhoo: 3:55pm On Apr 25, 2012
In South Africa, the African National Congress can admonish the President because the party is superior. And that is why in the gathering of the party, the party chairman takes precedence in order of protocol. It shows that the President himself is under the chairman.

This is nonsense. A President
is accountable to the Country not a party. Accountable to the Constitution of a country. That is democracy.
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by OAM4J: 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Why does GEJ have to compare himself, the country. . .and whatever else with other countries? It sounds soooooo childish.

I so agree with you... just doesn't sounds right especially coming from the president on issues of party/president relationship
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by Wallie(m): 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2012
I wholly disagree with the President that he cannot be a king or maximum ruler! Also, the President wasn’t elected by the Party but nominated by the Party! The people of Nigeria elected the President.

The President, as a leader of his party, should be able to dictate the direction of his party, and whether he likes it or not his policies will reflect positively or negatively on his party come election day.

Lastly, the President and his policies should come before any party. If his party is forward thinking and the President has Nigeria at heart, his policies should be very much inline with that of his party’s.

The President needs to seriously consider firing his speechwriter if he has one and if he does not, he needs to hire one immediately! No one is above “misspeaking”, which is why VIPs have speechwriters or vetters to correct for things that could be misinterpreted!

7 Likes

Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by onyengbu: 4:10pm On Apr 25, 2012
GboyegaD: For the I voted Jonathan and not PDP do you still need further clarification of what/who you voted for? Henceforth, those who voted GEJ should just abide by whatever he does since they chose him to serve them.
Dont you guys ever get tired of this nonsense?

Do you think that by writing that bull dung up there people will now come and apologise for voting Jonathan? Whatever made you think your Buhari is better? Just tell me...

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 25, 2012
Then grow some balls and fire those involve in the subsidy mess, Hey Mind you NOI was not there, Diezani and Sanusi have to go cool
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by lahips: 4:16pm On Apr 25, 2012
WALLIE ON POINT, especially considering what people kept saying during and after the elections ' i am voting for Goodluck Jonathan, not PDP'
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by 27naira(m): 4:21pm On Apr 25, 2012
not2long: President Goodluck Jonathan says he does not want to be admonished like a schoolchild.

I am compelled to call Jonathan an [b]A[/b]rse hole
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 25, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Then grow some balls and fire those involve in the subsidy mess, Hey Mind you NOI was not there, Diezani and Sanusi have to go cool
why must diezani and sanusi go? And why should iweala be left behind? U bigot

1 Like

Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by oluoma1: 4:24pm On Apr 25, 2012
''WORD''
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 4:28pm On Apr 25, 2012
Retardeen is just so brainless, he speaks out of turn every time
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by deandavid(m): 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2012
Rhoo!:
In South Africa, the African National Congress can admonish the President because the party is superior. And that is why in the gathering of the party, the party chairman takes precedence in order of protocol. It shows that the President himself is under the chairman.

This is nonsense. A President
is accountable to the Country not a party. Accountable to the Constitution of a country. That is democracy.
am so surprise at dat statement, i tot i ws d ölny 1 dat saw dat. Dis man wan sell everybody to pdp o.
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by solomon111(m): 4:30pm On Apr 25, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Why does GEJ have to compare himself, the country. . .and whatever else with other countries? It sounds soooooo childish.

When Nigerians like comparing their country with other countries,why wont he?
Shut up,if you think being unnecessarily cynical is smart.
SMH.
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by SisiKill1: 4:34pm On Apr 25, 2012
solomon111: When Nigerians like comparing their country with other countries,why wont he?
Shut up,if you think being unnecessarily cynical is smart.
SMH.

Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:37pm On Apr 25, 2012
With all due respect, if GEJ wants to be taken seriously he must begin to act fast and decisively.
Too much time have been spent just making useless statements since last year.
To those on the bandwagon of 'I vote for GEJ and not PDP', 'now the wind don blow and fowl nyansh don get exposed'. We now know those who are really in power. GEJ is just a figure-head!!!

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by deandavid(m): 4:38pm On Apr 25, 2012
9jadelta:
why u callin him a bigot, petrol ministr is a 9jadeltan dis person makin dis suggestn is also a 9jadeltan, so watin dy bigotic abt am? D guy is correct. Those 2 pple should go. NOI is innocent nd uprite, SlS is an extremist wit no clear vision or pattern. Lik sumbody always ask here wat is sanusi's economic skool thought? Deziani is just 2 louzy nt 2 knw wat nigeria consume, she's nt fit 4 dat job. Nd she seems to hav sum corruptn rumours around her. NOI Is blameless.
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by tchaik(m): 4:40pm On Apr 25, 2012
not2long:
“Even though we expect all moneybags to be in PDP, but we don’t want the moneybags to influence the activities of the party and .............”

Coming from a president! Are we practising Oligarchy?
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by ikooko(m): 4:42pm On Apr 25, 2012
gej has further confirmed that he is not a schoolboy but an errandboy in the hands of pdp moneybags.
His speech sound passuasive without element of authority. This is something i missed about obj.
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by Redhot111(m): 4:43pm On Apr 25, 2012
So it just dawn on him dat he's skoolboy? Well tnk God dis 1 is cumin frm him. Hope he grows up
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by Abali1(m): 4:43pm On Apr 25, 2012
please, anyone has GEJ good interest at heart should tell him to employ a speech writer. It's very embarrassing to hear a President talk like this.
The Party has supremacy over the constitution, abi... What manner of a President talks like that.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by duality(m): 5:01pm On Apr 25, 2012
i see nothing wrong in what he said. besides he was addressing members of the PDP his political family. those who are bleeding coz GEJ is president should get a life or die for nothing. whats all these search for faults in what ever he says. let this man do his job in peace. after all, 100 percent of those criticizers are worse.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2012
9jadelta:

Guy chill I am a NDn, becos she was not involved in the stealing of those monies....when did she come back to bcom E&F minister?. Diezani has a typical SHELL mentality , stealing, helping others steal money and covering up.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 25, 2012
"Even though we expect all the moneybags to be in the PDP"...

Can Jonathan explain this statement please?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by kunzel(m): 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2012
dayokanu: Retardeen is just so brainless, he speaks out of turn every time
The guy was never ready for the post, he only found himself there by luck. He's been riding on luck all his life so don't blame him.
Re: Don’t Admonish Me Like A Schoolchild – Jonathan by sunkoye: 5:41pm On Apr 25, 2012
kai see this guy.....even his half brain stooges knows the statements are very unpresidential . whick kind presido be this ooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos / Breaking: APC Vice Chairman Resigns / I Repent From All Forms Of Tribalism And Bigotry Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.