Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,140 members, 7,780,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:17 AM

I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku (11498 Views)

Okorocha Will Contest 2015 Presidential Election - Imo Dept Gov / I Will Contest Presidency In 2015 – Buhari Declares / Jonathan Will Contest In 2015 – Edwin Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 26, 2012
Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar has expressed worry over what he called attempts from some quarters to create the impression that he is not eligible to vie for the presidency in 2015.

Atiku said yesterday that those who claim to have the gift of foresight, especially what would happen in 2015, should stop playing God, because ‘‘we do not know tomorrow’’.

The former vice-president’s statement is coming on the heels of a recent clarification from the presidency that President Goodluck Jonathan was serving his first term in office.

A statement from Atiku’s media office yesterday said, “In this post-zoning era, President Jonathan is free to contest, his younger brothers or anyone from Otuoke village are free to contest, while Atiku Abubakar is also very eminently qualified to aspire to become the president of Nigeria in 2015.

President Jonathan can aspire to contest for the presidency as many times as he wants with Bamanga Tukur as the PDP chairman. But, these must not stop Atiku from raising his hands for presidency.

“Those who are engaged in political blackmail should desist and look up to God who is the author and finisher of the many desires of a man’s heart.

He is also the Supreme Being, the only one who can determine the future with certainty, including what happens in 2015. It is also instructive, as Chinua Achebe advised, that those whose palm-kernel has been cracked by benevolent spirits should not forget to be humble.”

The statement further said that since the last PDP convention, which produced Bamanga Tukur as the national chairman, the media have been awash with all kinds of analyses and permutations on the implications of the outcome of the convention on Atiku’s presidential ambition.

“Some of these political fortune-tellers have, in a desperate attempt to keep their man, meaning, President Goodluck Jonathan in power beyond 2015, foreclosed Atiku’s bid for the presidency. They think Atiku’s bid can no longer see the light of the day. They are wrong, dead wrong!

‘‘For Atiku Abubakar, whose political qualities and skills are not hidden to Nigerians, the 2015 presidential race has not become his pre-occupation, considering the fact that President Jonathan has not even completed one year into the tenure and that is why Atiku has not even made any policy statement on this administration. There is no doubt, that Atiku is the issue in Nigerian politics today! We do not know of tomorrow,” it further stated.

The statement recalled that, since May 29, 2007, when Atiku left office as a vice-president, the Senate and the House of Representatives had carried out probes in different sectors of the economy - the Bureau of Public Enterprises, power sector, Petroleum Technology Development Fund, to petroleum subsidy and capital markets and pensions.

Where and when in all these, it queried has Atiku’s name or those of his family or close associates been mentioned or indicted?

“If the intentions of these ghost political jobbers are to make way for President Jonathan to violate his promise of not contesting for the presidency in 2015 and therefore remain in office beyond that year, these agents of political power-mongering do not need Atiku’s name to achieve all that.

“Atiku stood and fought for zoning in 2011 to ensure equity and maintain the constitution of the party. He was there at the 1994-1995 Constitutional Conference where the six geopolitical zones were created and zoning made part of the constitution of Nigeria to give a sense of belonging to all parts of the country, particularly the minority ethnic groups which President Jonathan is part of.

It was unfortunate that General Abdulsalami Abubakar’s military government removed the zoning clause from the constitution.

From here, the PDP picked up the battle and made it its own. The party inserted zoning in its constitution and this accounts for why its fortunes soared. President Jonathan and his political supporters ensured that zoning in the PDP constitution was destroyed in 2011,” it said.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/22963/2012/04/26/i_will_contest_2015_presidency_atiku.html
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by Jaideyone(m): 10:13am On Apr 26, 2012
he'll loose again in 2015

2 Likes

Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by hakanai(m): 10:21am On Apr 26, 2012
contest for where.try Adamawa first o! you blunders plenty.The decamping and uncertainty has made you different.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by chuks49(m): 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2012
I still de laugh
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by Ninapha(f): 1:43pm On Apr 26, 2012
No Problem only that am sure, this time u will fail and fall inside lagoon!
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by naffysa(f): 1:44pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ki lo ma se Ogbeni yi gan na

1 Like

Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by kolo007: 1:44pm On Apr 26, 2012
God will punish you Atiku.... u bastard... !

1 Like

Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by armadeo(m): 1:50pm On Apr 26, 2012
we dey laugh oh. Can't this people understand that the presidency is not for them EVER.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by VEE2010(m): 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2012
I will contest too. Infact, am contesting now in my sitting room. Am vying for the post of the head of our family. I think, Atiku is eligible to contest. He can start contesting as am doing now...all I know is that, Nigerians of today are far informed than the Nigerians of 1999. I wouldn't want to equate my claims with the outcome of the last election. I know too well that 2015 would be a different ball-game for all those acclaimed "traditional rulers" I grant...

1 Like

Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by Denise652: 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2012
Good for her!!![img]http://www.dubaa.info/hmp.gif[/img]
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by aljharem(m): 1:57pm On Apr 26, 2012
Yawns grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2012
Laughing in French......... grin
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by aljharem(m): 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2012
if rochas, el-rufia, sanusi, oshomole or fashola contest; he should forget it. Even GEJ has more chances than Atiku

1 Like

Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by PrinceDudu(m): 2:01pm On Apr 26, 2012
naffysa: Ki lo ma se Ogbeni yi gan na

Too much money.
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by talktrue1(m): 2:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
New method of declaring their intention.

My family members said that I cannot contest for president of Nigeria. If GEJ that doesnt have a shoe can contest, If Athiefu that has only Diploma can contest, then why do they say that I cant contest. 2015 is fast approaching and I know that God has called me to move the nation forward.

wayo people take either they state their mission
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:10pm On Apr 26, 2012
Someone should advice the Mallam to be quiet and enjoy his own share of the loot.
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by NET1(m): 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2012
Denise652:
Good for her!!![img]http://www.dubaa.info/hmp.gif[/img]

Abeg, which day Atiku come be woman? cheesy cheesy cheesy

.NET
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by Ninapha(f): 2:17pm On Apr 26, 2012
.NET:

Abeg, which day Atiku come be woman? cheesy cheesy cheesy

.NET

If his action depicts womanliness tongue, Therefore Ati Kuku can be said to be a woman(Logic) kiss

He should accept defeat and rejection by the Nigerian populace.
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by uzor02(m): 2:17pm On Apr 26, 2012
S@NNiE:
Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar has expressed worry over what he called attempts from some quarters to create the impression that he is not eligible to vie for the presidency in 2015.

Atiku said yesterday that those who claim to have the gift of foresight, especially what would happen in 2015, should stop playing God, because ‘‘we do not know tomorrow’’.

The former vice-president’s statement is coming on the heels of a recent clarification from the presidency that President Goodluck Jonathan was serving his first term in office.

A statement from Atiku’s media office yesterday said, “In this post-zoning era, President Jonathan is free to contest, his younger brothers or anyone from Otuoke village are free to contest, while Atiku Abubakar is also very eminently qualified to aspire to become the president of Nigeria in 2015.

President Jonathan can aspire to contest for the presidency as many times as he wants with Bamanga Tukur as the PDP chairman. But, these must not stop Atiku from raising his hands for presidency.

“Those who are engaged in political blackmail should desist and look up to God who is the author and finisher of the many desires of a man’s heart.

He is also the Supreme Being, the only one who can determine the future with certainty, including what happens in 2015. It is also instructive, as Chinua Achebe advised, that those whose palm-kernel has been cracked by benevolent spirits should not forget to be humble.”

The statement further said that since the last PDP convention, which produced Bamanga Tukur as the national chairman, the media have been awash with all kinds of analyses and permutations on the implications of the outcome of the convention on Atiku’s presidential ambition.

“Some of these political fortune-tellers have, in a desperate attempt to keep their man, meaning, President Goodluck Jonathan in power beyond 2015, foreclosed Atiku’s bid for the presidency. They think Atiku’s bid can no longer see the light of the day. They are wrong, dead wrong!

‘‘For Atiku Abubakar, whose political qualities and skills are not hidden to Nigerians, the 2015 presidential race has not become his pre-occupation, considering the fact that President Jonathan has not even completed one year into the tenure and that is why Atiku has not even made any policy statement on this administration. There is no doubt, that Atiku is the issue in Nigerian politics today! We do not know of tomorrow,” it further stated.

The statement recalled that, since May 29, 2007, when Atiku left office as a vice-president, the Senate and the House of Representatives had carried out probes in different sectors of the economy - the Bureau of Public Enterprises, power sector, Petroleum Technology Development Fund, to petroleum subsidy and capital markets and pensions.

Where and when in all these, it queried has Atiku’s name or those of his family or close associates been mentioned or indicted?

“If the intentions of these ghost political jobbers are to make way for President Jonathan to violate his promise of not contesting for the presidency in 2015 and therefore remain in office beyond that year, these agents of political power-mongering do not need Atiku’s name to achieve all that.

“Atiku stood and fought for zoning in 2011 to ensure equity and maintain the constitution of the party. He was there at the 1994-1995 Constitutional Conference where the six geopolitical zones were created and zoning made part of the constitution of Nigeria to give a sense of belonging to all parts of the country, particularly the minority ethnic groups which President Jonathan is part of.

It was unfortunate that General Abdulsalami Abubakar’s military government removed the zoning clause from the constitution.

From here, the PDP picked up the battle and made it its own. The party inserted zoning in its constitution and this accounts for why its fortunes soared. President Jonathan and his political supporters ensured that zoning in the PDP constitution was destroyed in 2011,” it said.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/22963/2012/04/26/i_will_contest_2015_presidency_atiku.html
let pray he dat he won't win n take us back to d military regime
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by kaeto(m): 2:19pm On Apr 26, 2012
VEE2010: I will contest too. Infact, am contesting now in my sitting room. Am vying for the post of the head of our family. I think, Atiku is eligible to contest. He can start contesting as am doing now...all I know is that, Nigerians of today are far informed than the Nigerians of 1999. I wouldn't want to equate my claims with the outcome of the last election. I know too well that 2015 would be a different ball-game for all those acclaimed "traditional rulers" I grant...
i'm damn proud of You and many other well civilized nigerians, and 1 love also to the likes of obj, for showing to us who the greedy destroyers of our dear country are. If the presidency should go to the north ,BUHARI shoud kiss it for GODsake...atiku?
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by Baawaa(m): 2:21pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem: if rochas, el-rufia, sanusi, oshomole or fashola contest; he should forget it. Even GEJ has more chances than Atiku
To me oh,the two of them are in the same category,they have been tested and failed grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by mygsmnairacom(m): 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2012
Well, Alhaji Atiku, the constitution of the federal republic definitely makes you eligible, so go on, contest.

In the next three months, I'll no longer be giving you cash; instead, I'll teach you how to make some for yourself https://www.nairaland.com/923056/smart-ways-reduce-extended-family
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by AdeniyiA(m): 2:28pm On Apr 26, 2012
kolo007: God will punish you Atiku.... u bastard... !
kai ! wetin he do u nah, he collect ur wife?. abeg softly, softly....
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by states: 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2012
A man how lost his state to another party, i mean how can not win his state,thinking of contest 2015 presidency.
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by megxo(m): 2:30pm On Apr 26, 2012
grin grin grin grin ;Dkai.....neva seen som 1 wif much desire 2 fail...... ;Dkai.....neva seen som 1 wif much desire 2 fail......Atiku na wash!!!!!
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by tyson55(m): 2:31pm On Apr 26, 2012
Atiku is a paranoid delusional loser.
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by aljharem(m): 2:33pm On Apr 26, 2012
Baawaa:
To me oh,the two of them are in the same category,they have been tested and failed grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by Basics007: 2:33pm On Apr 26, 2012
That's if his goons hasn't bombed Naija to pieces by then

1 Like

Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by onyengbu: 2:34pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem: if rochas, el-rufia, sanusi, oshomole or fashola contest; he should forget it. Even GEJ has more chances than Atiku

GEJ will beat all those people you mentioned hands down. They are all regional champions! believe it or not!
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 26, 2012
S@NNiE:

na y ur brodaz dey busy dey throw bomb? See mek i advice una wey be nairalanders. D best man for 9ja come 2015 na orji uzo kalu
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by Okijajuju1(m): 2:35pm On Apr 26, 2012
With all these boko haram bombs flying around, no hausa man shall rule this country again. . .
Re: I Will Contest 2015 Presidency - Atiku by aljharem(m): 2:44pm On Apr 26, 2012
Okija_juju: With all these boko haram bombs flying around, no hausa man shall rule this country again. . .

Okija, why are you talking like that ? c'mon sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Traders And Thugs Fight At Ladipo, Lagos, 3 Dead - Metronaija.com (Pics) / Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo / Governors Angry As EFCC Is Set To Recover $3m Refund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.