Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. (2933 Views)

The Sopranos - Best Series Ever / James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 / The Sopranos Thread: Opinions And Ideas For David Chase. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by bgees(m): 2:51pm On Nov 09, 2007
dont anyone likes The Sopranos, all i see here is 24, lost and the rest of them.
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by Vieira(m): 3:30pm On Nov 09, 2007
Sopranos was the best TV ever.

My fave episode was when Chris and Paulie were lost in the woods.

I cried with laughter.
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by debojyde(m): 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2007
SOPRANOS. Baba TV show. One of the best ever. I have season 1-6 on DVD. I think the reason why it,s not popular among nairalanders is because most naija peeps would rather relate with shows like 24, prison break that are straight forward " go, kill bad guys"---You know, not too much psychological or philosophcal themes.

How many naija guys will appreciate the constant symbolism with " Goodfellas", "Godfather". that comes up in the film once in a while. For example, when i first saw season 1, I burst out laughing when i first saw Sil and had to explain to Girl that the guy thinks he is Michael corleone of "Godfather". After a while she lost interest in sopranos( but she liked 24 and prison break). Besides, most of the actors also acted in Goodfellas.

Most of the mobsters also expressed their low level of education in a funny way, e.g Tony telling funny and superstitious Paulie about a Russian that killed 16 chechnyan Rebels and was part of the Russian Interior Ministry and next thing Paulie says to Christopher was " The Russian killed 16 Czekolovakians and was an interior decorator"

Sopranos was just too Good.

1 Like

Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by debojyde(m): 4:41pm On Nov 09, 2007
Vieira:

Sopranos was the best TV ever.

My fave episode was when Chris and Paulie were lost in the woods.

I cried with laughter.

Yeah. That was when Paulie said the Czechoslovakian gist. Remember when chris said he was going to run and leave Paulie stranded. Paulie was so scared.LOL.

Can u remember when Johnny sacs brother in-law went to meet him in prison and was trying to talk in Mafia codes. That was so funny.
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by debojyde(m): 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2007
One of the most Gangsta moments was the sit down they had after Tony Blundetto killed Phils brother. Johnny sacs told Tony soprano that he had better produce blundetto or he would "rain down a shitload of shit on his family like they,ve never seen b4." and told Tony to leave. I had never seen anybody talk down on Tony that way before. I was like "DAMN".
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by Vieira(m): 9:17pm On Nov 09, 2007
debojyde,

you did not even finish that funny conversation, after Paulie said the guy was an Interior Decorator, Christopher with a puzzled look said: what?? His apartment looked like shit.

I swear I nearly fell off the chair with laughter.
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by bgees(m): 4:26pm On Nov 12, 2007
do u remember when brendan was with chris and he said -- 'junior soprano shits on our heads and we are supposed to say"thanks for the hat"
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by Seun(m): 6:11pm On Nov 13, 2007
How do you manage to watch the show?
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by debojyde(m): 10:59pm On Nov 13, 2007
On TV and DVD. The final episode of the show was aired a few months back. But all the six seasons are available on DVD.
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by Seun(m): 11:03pm On Nov 13, 2007
Which TV station and at what time?
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by debojyde(m): 11:03pm On Nov 13, 2007
I really think Tony should have paid for his sins(the way he killed chris was kind of heartless). Even if he wasn,t going to get whacked in the last episode i was expecting something negative to happen to him like being diagnosed of an incurable cancer or something equally bad.
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by debojyde(m): 11:06pm On Nov 13, 2007
Seun:

Which TV station and at what time?

Where are you located.If you,re in Naija, i,m not sure if they show it on any Tv station there. If anyone will show it in Naija it will most likely be Silverbird Tv or one of the DSTV channels.
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by debojyde(m): 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2007
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by debojyde(m): 9:02pm On Nov 20, 2007
adrianas death. check out christopher's reaction when he learnt adrianna had been set up by the FBI(pain,anger,confusion,feeling of impending doom).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rxzqju8lMM

flashback to how chris told tony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeMk5_1Xy
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by Vieira(m): 9:27pm On Nov 20, 2007
Do you have the clip when they had an interventoion for chris?
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by bgees(m): 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2007
@debojyde
you mean tony killed chris.what a turn.
@seun,
u can get the dvd's around in lagos.u cant watch on any t.v station in nig.not even on dstv.
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by bgees(m): 9:38pm On Nov 20, 2007
@debojyde
@seun,
u can get the dvd's around in lagos.u cant watch on any t.v station in nig.not even on dstv.
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by bgees(m): 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2007
@debojyde
@seun,
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by bgees(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2007
@debojyde
@seun,
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by bgees(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2007
@debojyde
@seun,
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by debojyde(m): 9:51pm On Nov 20, 2007
Vieira:

Do you have the clip when they had an interventoion for chris?

christopher's intervention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzRWqNij0oA
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by debojyde(m): 9:59pm On Nov 20, 2007
keep ur mouth shut when u,re in the mafia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxFS42ahHko
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by debojyde(m): 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2007
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by MadMax1(f): 2:35pm On Aug 29, 2008
There's an episode in Season 5, The Test Dream, where my jaw actually dropped in awe. It was so good it hurt.
Finished season 6 and when I realised there wouldn't be any more, started missing Tony.

You woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun,
Mama always said you'd be
The Chosen One.

She said: You're one in a million
You've got to burn to shine,
But you were born under a bad sign
With a blue moon in your eyes.

Best. Theme. Song. For. A. Show. Ever.
A masterpiece.
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by justkunmi(m): 3:44pm On Aug 29, 2008
I was goin to start a thread on Sopranos. .
didnt know there was one already,

I love the show to bits. .
Uncle Junior was my fav character. .
and Tony's retarded friend who tells the same joke everyday and everyone wld still laugh,
"after I thought I left the game for a long time, it still sucked me back in" grin

I really loved the scene in season 2 when they discovered Pussy was an FBI informant and lured him to a ship. They all talked as friends and even drank wine together before they killed him. grin
The exciting thing to me was that Pussy knew he was going to be killed by his friends. .cos he woulda done the same thing too if someone tried to sell 'em to the FBI,

I'm on season 4 now. .

really crazy show,

anyone else with their best moments??

Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by SeanT21(f): 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2008
I never payed attention to this show. I did myself wrong.
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 08, 2009
@viera,
neva tot any body culd love that scene the way i did, soprano rocks[color=#990000][/color][size=8pt][/size]
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2009
please what happened is season six
my own can not operate in my dvd, desperate to know
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by MadMax1(f): 10:52am On Jan 09, 2009
Six deals with Italian machismo and homosexuality. Tony's clan discover one of them is a raging homo and naturally want to issue him a slow and painful death. They guy gets out of there like Satan himself is after him. Focuses on Tony's daughter's relationship,amongst other things. Not as good as the previous five seasons, but not bad.
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by justkunmi(m): 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2009
I love and hate Uncle Jun'.
The oldman was ruthless in his time. . In season 3, i remember how scared to bits he was when every old person around him was dying. . and he was diagnosed of cancer. .he almost died of fear!!!.

Just bout starting season 4.
crazy show.

fav characters. .
Chamela
Paulie
Tony

i hate that Janice girl. .she's just as evil as her mom. I mean, who steals someone's leg
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by MadMax1(f): 6:17pm On Jan 19, 2009
No one is as evil as Tony's mother. But Janice comes pretty close. You're in for an Adrian shocker in season five, which is the best season, overall.
Re: U Mean No One Likes The Sopranos In Here. by justkunmi(m): 7:47pm On Jan 19, 2009
Hope none of my fav characters died. I kinda suspect that Doctor Tony goes to see mite die. . .and I kinda like her.

Would double up on 4 so I can start watching 5 already!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Agidi Part 1 & 2 What An Interesting Movie: / Where Can I Download 30 Days In Atlanta / SUPERSPORT 9 {SS9} Is Now Exclusive To Gotv!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.