Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

White Pap From The Black Pot. - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / White Pap From The Black Pot. (963 Views)

Ode To The Black Woman / The Black Raven / The Black Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

White Pap From The Black Pot. by damoche07(m): 5:24pm On Nov 09, 2007
Hey guys,i visited the poems section for the first time yesterday and i must confess i regretted ever neglecting the art for years.Every time i see what i wrote years ago,i just shake my head and assume i cant reach that standard again.Yesterday's exploration of the poems section has rekindled the fire in me.On getting home from work,i quickly thought about starting again no matter how badly.Its better to start poorly than not at all.I am hereby warning u against expecting anything brilliant.its like learning how to walk after a crippling injury.Please criticise without any reservation.Dont hold anything back.i need them to get challenged.I hope to improve and maybe churn out msterpiecese like Ruddie,Devimcy,Denex,Ademiife etc. with time.

Like  the white pap from the black pot
Like the lily in the mire
Comes a man uncommon

Gait,skinny and fraillooking
Casual,simple yet observant
Walks as if in measured steps

Cries about the rule of law
Wants to obey it to the letter
In direct contrast to his godfather

Focused,determined he seems
To right the wrong of his party
And put the nation on the path of recovery

How far he will go is beyond me
All i know is what i have seen
About Nigeria's new president

(1) (Reply)

Desires / To The One I Truly Love / The Poem Of A Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.