Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,149 members, 7,780,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:37 AM

How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? (21955 Views)

How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? / What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? / What Would You Like For Christmas from your significant other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by PrettyCindy(f): 10:36am On Apr 30, 2012
cotton101:

are we twins - yeah i did the same (did regret not allowing him get the beating of his life) but revenge is for God and trust me when I say this his life is a mess right now, me I have moved on and have a much happier and brighter future ahead of me. anyway when one has the future miss most beautiful girl in the world (not nigeria o WORLD!!!!) as their daughter how can life not be good. LOL

Lol at are we twins. Lady trust me its better you didn't do it cos your daughter wouldn't be happy to know you did such and your conscience is clear so you are damn sure that God answers your prayers.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by PrettyCindy(f): 10:40am On Apr 30, 2012
Tgirl4real:

You are right Emporoh. Such threads are scarce commodity now. sad

@Topic,

According to hubby he was supportive to the best of his ability butaccording to me, e no try reach.lol

I had morning sickness with constant vomitting d first 4 months so it usually leaves me really weak. I couldn't take in anything without throwing it out. Hubby was really supportive then. He was eager to help me get sum'n that will stay in my tummy, supporting with 'basic' house chores and d likes. Sex was a big issue as I was always so tired. So he had to endure. He was good at massaging too. He also bought me lots of books to read on pregnancy and stuff.

I was a lot stronger during my last trimester. That was when e no try at all. He was always running away from me cos of my biggy belle. Says he was scared of it.lol. Na by force we dey have sex o and doctor says na dat tym I need am pass. Due to the nature of his jobs, he travels a lot as well. Till date, I still blame him for the Episiotomy and tear during delivery grin cheesy
He was most especially good at the dos n don'ts during pregnancy. He made me follow doctors instructions to the letter. cool

Abeg hold am tight. A man that treats his wife well, respects her and values their marriage is indeed a husband.

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by PrettyCindy(f): 10:45am On Apr 30, 2012
tpia@:

if possible, please forgive the guy/free him so he can have kids.

people do things in ignorance sometimes, which they cant undo.

Is she the one "holding his children"? I don't think so. That is karma right there baby.............and the last time i checked she is one angry b*it*ch.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by sunnshyn(f): 4:07pm On Apr 30, 2012
Curious_city:
I knew U were one of the "awaiting result"/jambites students floating NL. U better go n find what to do.

Ur comment on my earlier post shows U lack any sense of humor!! U better leave family section of NL before ur mom/dad
meets U here!
Hahahahahaah @ before mom/dad meets u here...

Lovely!!! Learnt a lot! Its comforting knowing we still have caring and understanding men around! God bless all d good men alwys!
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Cheggoon(m): 4:06pm On May 01, 2012
Analytical: Let me start to recall those days. . .

Wify got pregnant immediately after we got married (probably that very day, but definitely not more than 3 days after- that’s a story for another day!). Novice and inexperienced us; we didn’t even know. Two weeks after, she fell sick. We didn’t even suspect pregnancy, though all the signs were there- nausea, vomiting and all. She had fever and was dehydrated. We got to the clinic and was confirmed pregnant after test. Then started the journey that won me accolades and everlasting admiration of my wife.

Everything became strange. My new wife practically became different. The ever bubbling, hardworking gal I knew became so dull, moody, fuzzy and lazy! I knew this wasn’t my girl. The wonders of hormones! Attempts at preparing food in the kitchen became disastrous. She just couldn’t stand the smell of anything again. Worse still, they trigger off the vomiting.

Who would have thought going out together will be such a trying period? Well, so it became. The smell of car fragrance and fume became allergic. So the first thing she does as soon as she enters the car is to throw up inside the car. She became sad that she was giving me stress. I had to calm her down, that I am in love with her, vomits or not. So, cleaning up the car wasn’t a problem to me. In fact, I counted it all joy that I will soon become a father! I had to provide a special bowl in the car permanently to take care of that.

Because of this, I had to practically go with her whenever she wanted to go out. Thankfully, she was yet to start working then. We visited the clinic for antenatal together. We went to the market together. Do I talk of when the nausea came right there in the market? She tried to suppress it and with my hands massaging her back, urged her to do it right there, with all eyes gazed on this young couple, hubby rubbing wify’s back while she vomits! That was my moment to shine- my own version of Public Display of Affection.

Every morning I had to get up early to prepare food for her before I set for work, rush home during lunch time to check on her and clean-up. I took over the kitchen and became the official cook. And they are special foods- sometimes without salt! No onions, no frying at all. Most times no pepper, no stew, just okro! Very odd demands became the order of the day. After testing my skills in the kitchen, several times the food had to be rejected for upsetting her homones! Chicken and meat became prohibited for her. How I enjoyed those days. I ended up eating as much chicken as I could cool

The first trimester had just ended- two more to go. And this is just the first pregnancy. . .
guy u try oooooo......!
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Cheggoon(m): 4:08pm On May 01, 2012
chaircover: Roki please dont be scared. I was really pampered & if not that I have high risk pregnancies I wouldn't mind being pregnant every year wink

The way that man treated me during pregnancy has paid upfront for every single "misbehavior or misbehavement" grin that he can ever do to me. He is indeed a gem.

With my last, every morning before he set off for work, he would cook me yam and eggs and every evening it was Amala and okro. When he gets back in the evening, He would run me a bath, massage my back and my feet. I used to have the most weird cravings and most evenings he will stop by ASDA to pick up my latest request. I wanted my mum to stay with me to look after me but he said no; he got me pregnant and it was his responsibility to look after me.

I suffered from severe Hyperemesis gravidarum during both pregnancies with a quite a number of admissions in hospital for dehydration. I also suffered from painful PGP, however He was always at my side and he attended every single ante natal & physio appointment with me. I had more appointments than normal due to my medical condition, and he soon became a well known face in the maternity unit embarassed

I was a most grouchy, tearful & difficult pregnant woman but he never once lost his temper. No smells were allowed in the house, because it made me feel even more sick so he was not allowed to use any strong aftershave etc but he never complained and I remember the day he decided to add flavor to the okro and added locust beans I nearly committed murder that day.

The guy really tried and I still sometimes feel guilty at the way I behaved embarassed but it wasn't my fault sha . . . it was the hormones.
your husband try ooooo...i wish i could do all dis....?
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by pweetymama(f): 5:16am On May 02, 2012
PrettyCindy: I was quite unlucky that i ended up with a cruel human as husband (now ex). 3 months after marriage when i didn't take in, he threatened to impregnate another woman soon. Well i finally got pregnant 6 months after marriage and i saw hell. I have never told anyone about this experience cos am a bit ashamed of it. He wasn't that happy over the news cos he already has a son from his ex fiancee (she ran away due to constant battery and i got to know late). My pregnancy was quite tough in the first 2months with the vomiting and all. He never showed concern when i was throwing up, weak, coughing, sick etc. We were married and living together but i was alone, terribly lonely. I still did all the chores, i mean every single thing including working 8am to 6pm daily. At a time i had severe cough, catarrh, nausea, vomiting and fever, this man opened up his mouth one night i just finished throwing up and said that "God was punishing me for my sins", that i wasn't sick cos of pregnancy but it was all punishment from God. I told him the only reason i was sick was because i was pregnant meaning that the sin i committed was sleeping with him as my husband. A day later he told me i was the most unimportant person in his life! Anyway long story short we seperated when i was about two months pregnant. He told me to get rid of the pregnancy since we were seperating and he proved his point by refusing to give me money for ante natal and by trying to kill the baby in my womb when he battered me but he didn't succeed. With the help of God i was able to carry my baby perfectly fine and put to bed safely. He is about 5months old now and indeed a blessing to my life and i love him with my with my life. If i had stayed with that man, i would have either lost the pregnancy or committee suicide cos of frustration or would have been pushed to the wall to do the unthinkable.
so sorry dear.God will surely crown ΰя efforts with success and blessings
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by nonyJ: 12:01pm On May 02, 2012
Well i am still pregnant and my hubby has so neglected me.. He complains i talk too much and he is always on his computer and phone... He does not even ask me how i feel. He is so into his computer and phone browsing. I feel so uncared for and neglected. Really its not been easy for me because i feel unloved. Moreso its been a while we made out and its really killing me cos congy dey catch me no be small
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Busybody2(f): 12:48pm On May 02, 2012
I don't really "show" until around 8 months, and then boom everybody including strangers starts predicting that I am definitely carrying triplet and is due the same day. I go to shops and get frogmarched to the front of the queue with staffs joking that they don't want my water to break in their shops. I have even been served on doorsteps cos I struggle to fit in some doors.

Hubby flies into town, claps eye on the humongous beached whale in his front lounge and exclaims "so you are really pregnant, there was no sign of you being pregnant all these months". Then he becomes oversupportive to the point of being annoying. Helping with the housework whilst telling me to put up my feet, helping me get dressed and put on my shoes, moaning if I wear a shoe with one-inch heel that I will fall down, asking if I have to go out, asking if I want to sit down with me snapping that I have only been walking for barely a minute, and every minute with him has him asking me "are you okay". . .and then he hardly gets any sleep in the night because he is forever waking up to ask me if I am okay everytime I try to turn to a comfortable position in bed.

Awww, I love his vulnerability during these period and wish I could have 10 more babies for him. But then my Mum comes for 4 months to help look after the baby and then she leaves and then my eyes open and I feel like running away from the sheer hardwork and graft involved in raising babies.

Why don't women have monthly holidays away from their children, why hasn't someone thought of this na, ohhhhhh instead I keep marking and doing countdown on the calender counting till the day they get married and leave home tongue

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Busybody2(f): 12:53pm On May 02, 2012
PrettyCindy: I was quite unlucky that i ended up with a cruel human as husband (now ex). 3 months after marriage when i didn't take in, he threatened to impregnate another woman soon. Well i finally got pregnant 6 months after marriage and i saw hell. I have never told anyone about this experience cos am a bit ashamed of it. He wasn't that happy over the news cos he already has a son from his ex fiancee (she ran away due to constant battery and i got to know late). My pregnancy was quite tough in the first 2months with the vomiting and all. He never showed concern when i was throwing up, weak, coughing, sick etc. We were married and living together but i was alone, terribly lonely. I still did all the chores, i mean every single thing including working 8am to 6pm daily. At a time i had severe cough, catarrh, nausea, vomiting and fever, this man opened up his mouth one night i just finished throwing up and said that "God was punishing me for my sins", that i wasn't sick cos of pregnancy but it was all punishment from God. I told him the only reason i was sick was because i was pregnant meaning that the sin i committed was sleeping with him as my husband. A day later he told me i was the most unimportant person in his life! Anyway long story short we seperated when i was about two months pregnant. He told me to get rid of the pregnancy since we were seperating and he proved his point by refusing to give me money for ante natal and by trying to kill the baby in my womb when he battered me but he didn't succeed. With the help of God i was able to carry my baby perfectly fine and put to bed safely. He is about 5months old now and indeed a blessing to my life and i love him with my with my life. If i had stayed with that man, i would have either lost the pregnancy or committee suicide cos of frustration or would have been pushed to the wall to do the unthinkable.

Some men are animals in human skin.
I am happy you did not let him beat down your spirit. (((Awww, the Lord is your strength)))
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by maclatunji: 4:17pm On May 02, 2012
Busy_body:

I don't really "show" until around 8 months, and then boom everybody including strangers starts predicting that I am definitely carrying triplet and is due the same day. I go to shops and get frogmarched to the front of the queue with staffs joking that they don't want my water to break in their shops. I have even been served on doorsteps cos I struggle to fit in some doors.

Hubby flies into town, claps eye on the humongous beached whale in his front lounge and exclaims "so you are really pregnant, there was no sign of you being pregnant all these months". Then he becomes oversupportive to the point of being annoying. Helping with the housework whilst telling me to put up my feet, helping me get dressed and put on my shoes, moaning if I wear a shoe with one-inch heel that I will fall down, asking if I have to go out, asking if I want to sit down with me snapping that I have only been walking for barely a minute, and every minute with him has him asking me "are you okay". . .and then he hardly gets any sleep in the night because he is forever waking up to ask me if I am okay everytime I try to turn to a comfortable position in bed.

Awww, I love his vulnerability during these period and wish I could have 10 more babies for him. But then my Mum comes for 4 months to help look after the baby and then she leaves and then my eyes open and I feel like running away from the sheer hardwork and graft involved in raising babies.

Why don't women have monthly holidays away from their children, why hasn't someone thought of this na, ohhhhhh instead I keep marking and doing countdown on the calender counting till the day they get married and leave home tongue

LOL, Hahaha!
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Busybody2(f): 5:05pm On May 02, 2012
maclatunji:

LOL, Hahaha!

Berra enjoy your singledom whilst it lasts, cos the way you are with all the hallmarks of a psychological profiler, always trying to attune yourself to what makes women tick, its a sure banker you are a candidate for "symphathetic pregnancy" whereby you will experience all the hormonal imbalances, nausea, vomitting, labour pain, tantrums, etc, that your wifey experiences and your own go pass her own sef cheesy grin cheesy
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by pistol: 6:19pm On May 02, 2012
Very educative thread o.
Very informative feedbacks.
But come to think of it,am sure my mum didnt suffer all this hogs in the name of pregnancy.
Our last born was born when i was an adult and i saw my mum during her laundry b4 going to hospital dat very day that she gave birth.
I think that these pregnancy laziness norms is amongst our 21st century moms.(2001-present)
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 02, 2012
pistol: Very educative thread o.
But come to think of it,am sure my mum didnt suffer all this hogs in the name of pregnancy.
Our last born was born when i was an adult and i saw my mum during her laundry b4 going to hospital dat very day that she gave birth.
I think that these pregnancy laziness norms is amongst our 21st century moms.(2001-present)

I don't think is laziness really, pregnancy treat every woman differently.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by PrettyCindy(f): 8:01am On May 04, 2012
pistol: Very educative thread o.

Please em you have to take that back. Laziness Every single woman is built differently and we respond to pregnancy hormones differently. I know (not heard) of a few ladies that fell sick throughout their pregnancy, one was even on bed rest when her pregnancy blocked 7months till she delivered. Your mother is a strong woman and like you said, it was her last child so she is already used to pregnancy and all that has to do with it. I know of a particular lady that had up to 4 miscarriages between January and August last year. Its not because she is lady, but her body is an extremely fragile one that driving on a bumpy road can cause her to miscarry even rough sex will also cause it.
Personally the conditions that surrounded me when i took in was enough to cause miscarriage but God saw me through and i was determined to see my child. When my pregnancy was 2months old, my ex husband packed out of the house to live with another woman after physically abusing me and i lived alone till i was 8months 2weeks before travelling home. I did not hire any one to do anything for me and i was also working 8am to 6pm daily, saturday 10am to 6pm. The worse was the road to work was quite a rough one and i had to go to work on bike to and from cos no direct bus from Mararaba to Karu site. In my case, God was really on my side and the maltreatment from my ex husband made me strong and more determined. I was quite full of energy all during my last trimester to the point i even pounded yam 2days to delivery and my delivery was faster, smoother and better than that of a Hebrew woman.

4 Likes

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by pistol: 9:53am On May 05, 2012
PrettyCindy:

Please em you have to take that back. Laziness Every single woman is built differently and we respond to pregnancy hormones differently. I know (not heard) of a few ladies that fell sick throughout their pregnancy, one was even on bed rest when her pregnancy blocked 7months till she delivered. Your mother is a strong woman and like you said, it was her last child so she is already used to pregnancy and all that has to do with it. I know of a particular lady that had up to 4 miscarriages between January and August last year. Its not because she is lady, but her body is an extremely fragile one that driving on a bumpy road can cause her to miscarry even rough sex will also cause it.
Personally the conditions that surrounded me when i took in was enough to cause miscarriage but God saw me through and i was determined to see my child. When my pregnancy was 2months old, my ex husband packed out of the house to live with another woman after physically abusing me and i lived alone till i was 8months 2weeks before travelling home. I did not hire any one to do anything for me and i was also working 8am to 6pm daily, saturday 10am to 6pm. The worse was the road to work was quite a rough one and i had to go to work on bike to and from cos no direct bus from Mararaba to Karu site. In my case, God was really on my side and the maltreatment from my ex husband made me strong and more determined. I was quite full of energy all during my last trimester to the point i even pounded yam 2days to delivery and my delivery was faster, smoother and better than that of a Hebrew woman.

ur case is a standout cos of the unfortunate experience u had with ur ex,which made u become more sturdy and hardworking to face the odds stacked up against u irrespective of what ur hormones are saying.

But in most cases due to the evolving laziness amongst our 21st century moms,they erronoeusly belive that all these experiences outlined by most of the women that have posted are part of original status quo.

Kinda the greater ur comfort zone,the more lazy ur are likely to become.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:23am On May 05, 2012
pistol:
ur case is a standout cos of the unfortunate experience u had with ur ex,which made u become more sturdy and hardworking to face the odds stacked up against u irrespective of what ur hormones are saying.

But in most cases due to the evolving laziness amongst our 21st century moms,they erronoeusly belive that all these experiences outlined by most of the women that have posted are part of original status quo.

Kinda the greater ur comfort zone,the more lazy ur are likely to become.

I get ya point o Pistol. And you are right on the above.

But, did you say you say ya mum wash just before she put to bed? I wonder child no what is that?

First pregnancies are usually more demanding and because it's totally new and strange to the woman, she tends to wanna take things slowly. She doesn't want to lose the baby or cos any damage. WIth time, she will get used to the symptoms and fair better on the next.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by tpia5: 8:25pm On May 06, 2012

Personally the conditions that surrounded me when i took in was enough to cause miscarriage but God saw me through and i was determined to see my child. When my pregnancy was 2months old, my ex husband packed out of the house to live with another woman after physically abusing me and i lived alone till i was 8months 2weeks before travelling home. I did not hire any one to do anything for me and i was also working 8am to 6pm daily, saturday 10am to 6pm. The worse was the road to work was quite a rough one and i had to go to work on bike to and from cos no direct bus from Mararaba to Karu site. In my case, God was really on my side and the maltreatment from my ex husband made me strong and more determined.

seems to me like your ex is holding a grudge against you based on something involving your parents or something possibly your parent/s did.

you might want to look into that (not necessary though)- i noticed some folks these days have appointed themselves judge, jury and executor over others based on gossip and rumour involving events from the past, which the person they're targetting, might or might not even be aware of.

usually comes with a strong native doctor (juju) backing, and like i always say, people have long memories.

of course its also possible he's simply a jerk of the highest order, but most times these things have a root in something else.

assuming, of course his harsh treatment was indeed unwarranted and unprovoked by anything on your part. Not that I'm saying he has any excuse per se for his behaviour.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by maclatunji: 12:22am On May 07, 2012
Busy_body:

Berra enjoy your singledom whilst it lasts, cos the way you are with all the hallmarks of a psychological profiler, always trying to attune yourself to what makes women tick, its a sure banker you are a candidate for "symphathetic pregnancy" whereby you will experience all the hormonal imbalances, nausea, vomitting, labour pain, tantrums, etc, that your wifey experiences and your own go pass her own sef cheesy grin cheesy

Noted and #LOL.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by PrettyCindy(f): 5:48pm On May 07, 2012
tpia@:

seems to me like your ex is holding a grudge against you based on something involving your parents or something possibly your parent/s did.

you might want to look into that (not necessary though)- i noticed some folks these days have appointed themselves judge, jury and executor over others based on gossip and rumour involving events from the past, which the person they're targetting, might or might not even be aware of.

usually comes with a strong native doctor (juju) backing, and like i always say, people have long memories.

of course its also possible he's simply a jerk of the highest order, but most times these things have a root in something else.

assuming, of course his harsh treatment was indeed unwarranted and unprovoked by anything on your part. Not that I'm saying he has any excuse per se for his behaviour.

No, my parents had absolutely nothing to do with my choosing the wrong man. My case was that of "marrying the wrong person and i mean the wrong man).
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by tpia5: 9:17pm On May 07, 2012
^^i'm not referring to why you chose the man.

I'm talking about why the man chose you.

if someone says you "were being punished for your sins", yet you have no knowledge of any "sin" you committed against him/them, then it's either he/they are a basket case, or something else is what he/they are referring to.

just guessing here, could be wrong.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by PrettyCindy(f): 1:31pm On May 08, 2012
tpia@:

if someone says you "were being punished for your sins", yet you have no knowledge of any "sin" you committed against him/them, then it's either he/they are a basket case, or something else is what he/they are referring to.

I didn't know you were talking about that. The reason he said that is because (according to him) the signs and symptoms i presented when i took in were not normal. He said it was not normal for a pregnant woman to vomit or have catarrh when pregnant. It was abnormal for a pregnant woman to be weak. So in essence my throwing up, being weak, the nausea etc were punishment from God. Do you get me now?
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by recruitmnt: 1:37pm On May 08, 2012
^^^ #LOL. Are you sure the guy is normal? Am beginning to doubt his sanity if this is true..lol
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by imurboss: 3:20pm On May 08, 2012
Hmmm,very interesting thread.

@Analytical,u're a dream man for every woman,a rare gem,wish u were my husband,LOL! God bless ur home mightily.

@OP,i'm still carrying mine right now.Hubby was very supportive in my 1st & 2nd trimesters,he would wake up every morning to cook whatever we need to eat & take to work.Though i can count how many times i had to vomit but that is the period he shows more care,he will clean up the vomit and take me to the shower and bathe me.But atimes he feels i'm just being lazy until the bump really started showing he has lessen his complaints about being lazy.Now i'm in my 3rd tri,i feel strong & hubby feel a little bit relaxed,i cook most times & he helps sometimes.But one thing i find very bad about him is that(i don't know if he's using my preg as an excuse)he's always so close to his phone which is unlike him(i.e if he's going to the loo,he goes with his phone,i mean everywhere).So started feeling suspicious,i got an opportunity one morning & i saw a lot of messages btw him & some ladies,hmmmm so this is it.Wouldn't want that to bother me,just keeping my fingers crossed cos i don't really know what i can do about that,i just want to have my baby peacefully.

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by mumgoodie: 5:45pm On May 09, 2012
My own hubby was very supportive during those times especially in the early stage first three months. Maybe it was because of our challenge/delay in taking in after been married for almost one year. I will never forget the day I broke the news of the pregnancy text result to him. He was so happy that he fell on the bed and even hit his head on the wall but said it didn't pain him. From that day on, he was so supportive that he took over the washing of our clothes, sweeping and cleaning. Though I do the cooking and the shopping because he may not cook tasteful meal. During sex, he is always very careful too always asking me if it was paining me so as to stop immediately. He was indeed very loving and caring during those times that I would forever be grateful to him and that also increased my love and respect for him. Thanks dearest.

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 5:52am On May 10, 2012
nonyJ: Well i am still pregnant and my hubby has so neglected me.. He complains i talk too much and he is always on his computer and phone... He does not even ask me how i feel. He is so into his computer and phone browsing. I feel so uncared for and neglected. Really its not been easy for me because i feel unloved. Moreso its been a while we made out and its really killing me cos congy dey catch me no be small

are you married to a nairalander?

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by diamondlove: 10:35am On May 10, 2012
davidylan:

are you married to a nairalander?

and how does dat relate to a nairalander?
maybe you spend all your time here too
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Busybody2(f): 8:43pm On May 10, 2012
tpia@:

I get what you are driving at. There was a mention about his first wifey getting the same horrible treatment from him, so the dude is a nutcase with a template.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Daresh(f): 4:46pm On May 17, 2012
I'm glad ppl had good experiences. When I was preggos the first time my husband was an absolute bastard. I had raging hormones and I was always pissed off and upset do you know his attitude was to fight me? I even tried to explain to him what I was going thru but did he listen? His friends had told him that once you marry a woman she changes and doesnt respect you anymore and unfortunately i got preg like on my wedding night sef. I tried to explain to him that we had been together for years so why would I change but lai lai e no hear.It was 9 months of silence. Even with my second baby he was little better but I emphasize a little. now he wants me to smile and forgive him. He is claiming changed man. I dey there dey look am.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2012
Am currently pregnant. 9 months to be precise. Hubby is not supportive at all, and fights with me all the time saying am rude, bla bla.
I cry a lot at night times. I miss my mum but she is late and I really don't have any one to talk to which makes it worse.

I wish he could see this thread.

It would be difficult for me to forgive him of all the hurt and pain I have being through cos of him.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Ivynwa(f): 4:44am On Aug 08, 2012
Plenty hugs to PrettyCindy and Cotton101. More grease to the elbows of the likes of Analytical, men like you are blessings to their wives.

Many women in our country are going thru the unprintables in the hands of some men and can't speak out or even do something about it or even be as bold as these ladies as to step aside and say "No way am I getting treated like that". Some men that maltreat their wives do so out of ignorance or simply bad-heartedness, some feel that maltreating and subdueing a woman is a way for him to assert his position and masculinity. We hear stories of women being killed, burnt by their husband. Our society has evolved a lot and such attitudes should be eschewed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. / "Giving Your Toddler A Smartphone Is Like Giving Them Hard Drugs" - Says Expert / Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.