Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1134777 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (1819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 12:18pm On May 25, 2018
Neimar:

by seating on the bench grin

......and he always come in to make the difference just like against PSG and Bayern Munich.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 25, 2018
Neimar:

by seating on the bench grin

grin grin grin grin

I tire my brother

While they also wanna buy Neymar that plays the same position.

Future ballon d'flop
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 1:38pm On May 25, 2018
haymekus:

grin grin grin grin

I tire my brother

Future ballon d'flop

Neymar is a great player but i wouldn't want him at Real Madrid.
If i were Perez, i will break the bank for Salah and Mbappe.

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 1:40pm On May 25, 2018
haymekus:

grin grin grin grin

I tire my brother

Future ballon d'flop
Salah Asensio and Mbappe.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Neimar: 1:59pm On May 25, 2018
monerozi5590:

......and he always come in to make the difference just like against PSG and Bayern Munich.

wow....amazing
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Melvyn11: 4:12pm On May 25, 2018
cheesy Just imagine countinho lol.

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 7:00pm On May 25, 2018
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 7:01pm On May 25, 2018
Ronaldo vs Arnold, Marcelo vs Salah & 5 battles that could decide Champions League final

Liverpool face Real Madrid in the final of the Champions League on Saturday as the club football season draws to a close with a tantalising title match.

The two European heavyweights last met in UEFA's showpiece event in 1981, at the Parc des Princes in Paris, when a late strike from marauding left-back Alan Kennedy secured a 1-0 win for Liverpool.

That's the last occasion on which 12-time champions Real lost a European Cup final.

Five-time winners Liverpool will be aiming to repeat that triumph in Kiev and here are five key battles that could decide the outcome of the 2018 Champions League final.

Cristiano Ronaldo vs Trent Alexander-Arnold

This will undoubtedly be the biggest test of Trent Alexander-Arnold's fledgling career. The teenage right-back has met every challenge he has faced in his breakthrough season at Liverpool and now has the opportunity for a showdown with five-time Ballon d'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo.

Quick, skilful, strong in the air, physical and a prolific goalscorer, there is not much that hasn't been said about Real Madrid's talismanic No.7.

There was a slight question mark over Ronaldo's participation in Kiev after the 33-year-old limped off with an ankle injury during the 2-2 Clasico draw with Barcelona two weeks ago, but he returned to action on Saturday and scored his 44th goal of the season - matching Salah's tally for the campaign.

Usually starting on the left of a three-pronged attack in Zinedine Zidane's preferred 4-3-3 formation, Ronaldo has scored an incredible 15 Champions League goals this term. Headers, tap-ins, long-range strikes and overhead kicks are all in his repertoire.

But while Salah (10), Firmino (10) and Mane (nine) have shared out their portion of Liverpool's 40 goals in the Champions League proper, Ronaldo has scored half of Real's 30 strikes. Karim Benzema is their next best goalscorer with four.

If Alexander-Arnold and his Liverpool teammates can put the shackles on Ronaldo, it would nullify a huge part of Real's attacking threat. Easier said than done, of course, but it's a task that the LFC full-back is relishing.

"I want to challenge myself and test myself against the best players in the world and there's not many people better than the likes of Ronaldo," the World Cup-bound Englishman said. "It will be a huge test for everyone and hopefully we come out on top."

Marcelo vs Mohamed Salah

Ranked as the best left-back in world football by FourFourTwo earlier this year, Real Madrid's Marcelo has faced off against some of the best players on the planet en route to winning three Champions League titles with Los Blancos.

However, the last time the attack-minded Brazilian lined up against Mohamed Salah, in the last 16 of the 2015-16 Champions League campaign, he was given a torrid time by the then-Roma forward, who only lacked a telling end product that night.

Since then, Salah has honed his finishing touch to record-breaking levels under Jürgen Klopp and if he manages to break free of Real's rearguard in Kiev he'll be expecting to add to his astonishing tally of 44 goals in all competitions this season.

This will be a particularly intriguing battle as LFC's fleet-footed Egyptian seeks to test a full-back who likes to keep his opponents busy with their own defensive duties by making marauding runs down the flank.

And 30-year-old Marcelo is very effective at it too, providing five goals and nine assists this season.

He crossed for Cristiano Ronaldo to head home against Villarreal in Real's final La Liga game of the season on Saturday, but that match also highlighted defensive lapses from the left-back.

Marcelo was caught out trying to play Samu Castillejo offside late on and allowed the winger to score a late equaliser in the 2-2 draw at La Ceramica.

Any similar errors, or gaps left at the back, are unlikely to go unpunished by Salah, who excels at exploiting the space behind an opposition defensive line.

Sergio Ramos vs Roberto Firmino

Real Madrid captain and centre-back Sergio Ramos is another player with incredible experience at the top level for both club and country.

The World Cup winner, who has played 41 games for Los Blancos this season, is aiming to secure a third successive Champions League title, at the stadium where he also won the Euro 2012 final with Spain.

But the 32-year-old says he expects "the toughest final we have ever had" when they step out against Liverpool at the NSC Olimpiyskiy Stadium and has picked out Roberto Firmino as one of the "quick, forward-thinking and difficult to control" threats he and his defensive colleagues must deal with.

Playing in a central role as the spearhead of Liverpool's attack, No.9 Firmino will come into direct conflict with Ramos and both players are fairly evenly matched in terms of athleticism, physicality, aerial ability and their respective technical traits.

Although Ramos, who will feature in his fourth Champions League final, is the experienced veteran, talented newcomer Firmino has flourished in his debut season in the competition.

The Brazilian moved level with Inter Milan's Adriano as the fastest player to 10 Champions League goals and laid on eight strikes for his teammates to put him joint-second in the all-time list for assists in a single campaign.

Real may be renowned for their attacking play but it is Liverpool who have outscored every other team in the Champions League and Firmino has been the fulcrum of an attack that has netted a record 46 times in the competition.

Luka Modric vs James Milner

With James Milner expected to line up on the right of Liverpool's midfield three and Luka Modric on the left of Real Madrid's midfield trio, these two masters of the assist will go head-to-head at the Olimpiyskiy Stadium.

Croatian playmaker Modric is enjoying his best return since joining Real in 2012, having set up seven goals for his teammates this season. Four of those have been for Ronaldo, with Gareth Bale converting three times as the next highest beneficiary from the diminutive midfielder's passes.

However, only one of those assists has arrived in European matches.

Liverpool's vice-captain Milner, on the other hand, can boast a Champions League record for the most assists in a single season.

The Englishman, who is possibly more renowned for his defensive qualities, has provided nine goals for his teammates this term to surpass the competition's previous best of eight in a campaign set by Wayne Rooney (2013-14) and Neymar (2016-17).

Liverpool's No.7 averages an assist every 87 minutes, which means he could be due one in Kiev. Unless Modric can stop him.

But Milner comes out on top, at least statistically, in the defensive side of the game too. He averages 2.5 tackles per match in Europe, compared to Modric's 1.1.

Toni Kroos vs Jordan Henderson

While Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson and Real midfielder Toni Kroos both keep their respective teams ticking over with the highest number of passes per game, their roles within similar 4-3-3 systems are markedly different.

Kroos - described as "the engine of Real Madrid's game" by Barcelona legend Xavi and the "perfect" player by Zidane - prods and probes opposition defences with his silky passing and operates ahead of a deep-lying midfielder, such as Casemiro.

For the Reds, Henderson is the deep-lying midfielder and while he often provides the foundation upon which Liverpool's attacks are built, he also must offer defensive cover.

He is right up there with Liverpool's team leaders in terms of tackles (2.4 per game) and interceptions (1.6 per game) in the Champions League and it is this facet of his game that is likely to put him in direct competition with Real's metronome.

Germany international Kroos has added more goals to his game this season too, netting five times to notch his highest tally since joining Los Blancos in 2014.

Henderson will be aiming to make sure he doesn't make it six with his first strike in the 2017-18 Champions League campaign.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 7:41pm On May 25, 2018
Who else got miffed by Klopp's Marcelo's comment?

It's one thing for us fans to prod him to improve his tracking back. It's a whole other thing for an opposition coach to flay him before a UCL final. I don't see Zidane saying same about the bunch of bang average players in their back line.

Well, it's no holds barred. Mutual respect out the window. Good thing they're the reds, so the carnage looks good on them. Let's do to Klopp what we did to Diego after his Messi is better than BBC comment.

-Lord
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:36pm On May 25, 2018
LordAdamX:
Who else got miffed by Klopp's Marcelo's comment?

It's one thing for us fans to prod him to improve his tracking back. It's a whole other thing for an opposition coach to flay him before a UCL final. I don't see Zidane saying same about the bunch of bang average players in their back line.

Well, it's no holds barred. Mutual respect out the window. Good thing they're the reds, so the carnage looks good on them. Let's do to Klopp what we did to Diego after his Messi is better than BBC comment.

-Lord
saw the interview.

Even when Marcelo was having his own interview, one of the journalists said: klopp said you can't defend.

Marcelo then replied :I won't believe what you said until I watch the video.

Well, klopp might not be throwing sheds,but he shouldn't have said that.he has his own players to worry about.

Just like you said, his defense is full of average players. Moreno/Robertson can't lace marcelo's boots talk more of been a better defensive LB.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by MoR2(m): 8:44pm On May 25, 2018
haymekus:

grin grin grin grin

I tire my brother

Future ballon d'flop
I wonder what you will call dembele a €140m player Barca is looking to offload even as loan to arsenal... after all the hype.

2 Likes

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 8:47pm On May 25, 2018
Miremoses1:
saw the interview.

Even when Marcelo was having his own interview, one of the journalists said: klopp said you can't defend.

Marcelo then replied :I won't believe what you said until I watch the video.

Well, klopp might not be throwing sheds,but he shouldn't have said that.he has his own players to worry about.

Just like you said, his defense is full of average players. Moreno/Robertson can't lace marcelo's boots talk more of been a better defensive LB.

He's sending shots, trying to rattle Marcelo. Else he had no reason to pinpoint Marcelo.

We're Madrid. We'd eat him up, chew him out, and he'd be a one hit wonder when we're done with him. He should ask Athletico and Juve.

The RM contingent has not had anything critical to say about Liverpool players. There's been a healthy amount of respect shown even from the GOAT and the Legend Coach. In the interest of sportsmanship, that should be reciprocated. The entire Liverpool base thinks Marcelo is the weakest link in our team, so the coach going out of his way to make that statement isn't a lapse in judgement, it's tactical.

Marcelo would shut him up. The team will tear him a new one.

Pretty sure Marcelo went back, watched that video and entered Beast mode.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 9:28pm On May 25, 2018
LordAdamX:

He's sending shots, trying to rattle Marcelo. Else he had no reason to pinpoint Marcelo.

We're Madrid. We'd eat him up, chew him out, and he'd be a one hit wonder when we're done with him. He should ask Athletico and Juve.

The RM contingent has not had anything critical to say about Liverpool players. There's been a healthy amount of respect shown even from the GOAT and the Legend Coach. In the interest of sportsmanship, that should be reciprocated. The entire Liverpool base thinks Marcelo is the weakest link in our team, so the coach going out of his way to make that statement isn't a lapse in judgement, it's tactical.

Marcelo would shut him up. The team will tear him a new one.

Pretty sure Marcelo went back, watched that video and entered Beast mode.

-Lord
klopp should prepare his men, we are going to war tomorrow.

Liverpool thinks the only way into our defense is the left flank?, they will be shocked tomorrow.

Same Marcelo will tie salah to a tree and same Marcelo will run circles over Arnold.

Liverpool should be more worried, they have weaknesses everywhere.

*karius isn't a super man in between the sticks.
*Lovren, lol, that one will score an own goal when pressured.
*milner knows how to commit dangerous fouls.
Lemme not continue, tommorow, klopp will learn not to pull the trigger first.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by pelvicky(m): 9:36pm On May 25, 2018
from comment above, one can tell my brothers from the capital are scare cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Neimar: 10:32pm On May 25, 2018
trophy is going to Merseyside

idiots from the capital can wail
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 4:30am On May 26, 2018
I don't think is gonna be CR7 vs Anold. CR7 has really changed over the years. He is more central this days.
I like seeing him in the 18 yard box when Marcelo or Carvajal are attacking and about to cross the ball.

God give us Victory today. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 7:03am On May 26, 2018
MoR2:
I wonder what you will call dembele a €140m player Barca is looking to offload even as loan to arsenal... after all the hype.

Stop smoking weed

We are not offloading dembele to any club
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 7:12am On May 26, 2018
I see Benzema starting ahead of inform Bale. I trust zizou
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by MoR2(m): 7:45am On May 26, 2018
haymekus:

Stop smoking weed

We are not offloading dembele to any club
forgive me, what an insult to a permanent bench resident grin

great day for a great win... hala Madrid

4 Likes

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:07am On May 26, 2018
Filipe Luis: I'll support the team wearing red in the Champions League final

Lol, would like to see the face of this reptile when we triumph tonight.

Halamadrid

3 Likes

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Ksslib(m): 8:41am On May 26, 2018
Jurgen Klop publicly telling the whole world that Marcelo cant defend was meant to be a morale demoralizer for Marcelo but ironically, in that same process, he publicly exposed the fear he harbors of Marcelo going forward and attacking.

Klopp shot himself on the foot because not only has he now made Marcelo aware of his precived weakness - which the coach, Marcelo, our players and technical team will surely come up with a plan for, Marcelo will rain on that Liverpool defense like the holy ghost knowing now more than ever of the danger he poses.

So klopp thinks if he makes that statement, Marcelo will stay put at the back to prove him wrong abi? Marcelo's strength does not lie in his sole ability to defend, it lies mostly on his ability to support and sometimes lead the attack.

This is a clear case of mind game gone wrong.

3 Likes

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:50am On May 26, 2018
Ksslib:
Jurgen Klop publicly telling the whole world that Marcelo cant defend was meant to be a morale demoralizer for Marcelo but ironically, in that same process, he publicly exposed the fear he harbors of Marcelo going forward and attacking.

Klopp shot himself on the foot because not only has he now made Marcelo aware of his precived weakness - which the coach, Marcelo, our players and technical team will surely come up with a plan for, Marcelo will rain on that Liverpool defense like the holy ghost knowing now more than ever of the danger he poses.

So klopp thinks if he makes that statement, Marcelo will stay put at the back to prove him wrong abi? Marcelo's strength does not lie in his sole ability to defend, it lies mostly on his ability to support and sometimes lead the attack.

This is a clear case of mind game gone wrong.
A goal and assist from Marcelo in Kiev tonight won't be bad.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Ksslib(m): 9:24am On May 26, 2018
Miremoses1:
A goal and assist from Marcelo in Kiev tonight won't be bad.
I tell you

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 9:24am On May 26, 2018
MoR2:
forgive me, what an insult to a permanent bench resident grin

great day for a great win... hala Madrid

Dembele starts for both club and country

Unlike your ballon d'flop midget
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Ksslib(m): 9:33am On May 26, 2018
The only person I'm even worried about in that team Casemiro.

He has been far from his best for a long time now. He loses the ball too easily, makes too many unnecessary touches atimes and worryingly of all, provides almost no solid cover.

I honestly don't know what happened to him. I didn't watch our last three matches so I can't tell if he's getting back to his glorious days.

The focus seems to be on Ronaldo and co but if Casemiro brings his A-game, a lot of things will go surprisingly well for us. But if he doesn't, I see us excreting a lot of sweat which could have been saved.

hala madrid
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 9:51am On May 26, 2018
Ksslib:
The only person I'm even worried about in that team Casemiro.

He has been far from his best for a long time now. He loses the ball too easily, makes too many unnecessary touches atimes and worryingly of all, provides almost no solid cover.

I honestly don't know what happened to him. I didn't watch our last three matches so I can't tell if he's getting back to his glorious days.

The focus seems to be on Ronaldo and co but if Casemiro brings his A-game, a lot of things will go surprisingly well for us. But if he doesn't, I see us excreting a lot of sweat which could have been saved.

hala madrid
Casemiro has been more poor true true. That was why I said before that he may be on the bench today.

But I believe he might be on his very best tonight.

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Ovie56(m): 11:12am On May 26, 2018
haymekus:

Pls Stop shouting starts Jare how many Cap does the mumu Dembele has and how many times has he came off the bench or will he start over Mbappe and Griemann . He won't be a starter in world cup even Giroud will start over him
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Ksslib(m): 11:14am On May 26, 2018
Miremoses1:
Casemiro has been more poor true true. That was why I said before that he may be on the bench today.

But I believe he might be on his very best tonight.

There was a time he was like the most important player in the team for me. I can't believe it has gotten to the stage where I won't moan if Kovacic takes his spot today.

I hope he's on his best tonight sha.

Hala Madrid

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 11:14am On May 26, 2018
⏳�⚽
Today's THE day!
¡Hoy es el GRAN día!
#APorLa13

3 Likes

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 11:29am On May 26, 2018
Miremoses1:
klopp should prepare his men, we are going to war tomorrow.

Liverpool thinks the only way into our defense is the left flank?, they will be shocked tomorrow.

Same Marcelo will tie salah to a tree and same Marcelo will run circles over Arnold.

Liverpool should be more worried, they have weaknesses everywhere.

*karius isn't a super man in between the sticks.
*Lovren, lol, that one will score an own goal when pressured.
*milner knows how to commit dangerous fouls.
Lemme not continue, tommorow, klopp will learn not to pull the trigger first.

You guys are insufferable.

Read the quote and if you understand basic English tell me what this means.

"People say that Marcelo is a player that goes forward a lot and doesn't defend well. But football isn't so simple. Madrid have no weakness. It's not as simple as telling Salah to go to the right wing and look for space'"

People say? That means that is not his words and he doesn't even believe that. Also look at the words that follows "But football isn't so simple" because he understands that what a player gives in attack might limit his defense activity.

Maybe we do a simple english text for you guys. People say Buhari is a failure and doesn't know how to govern, But democracy isn't so simple. Buhari is an honest person. It's not as simple as saying just put 50billion here and there and Nigeria is a lovely place to be. Was i shading Buhari or defending him? You lots should be over the moon that Klopp is backing Marcelo and highlighting the importance of his attacking threat to his team.

You lots need to go get a refund from your high school. The media knows how to play on your emotions because they know millions of you are educated illiterates who can't understand simple sentences.

cc: Ksslib and co.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by MoR2(m): 11:31am On May 26, 2018
haymekus:

stop writing nonsense and write down Barca and France first eleven
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by MoR2(m): 11:36am On May 26, 2018
what determines if we win or lose tonight's UCL is defence most especially our defensive midfield (the person that will play 6).

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (1819) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.