Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,629 members, 7,801,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Any Baptist Boys` High School,saje,abeokuta Old Student In The Forum - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Any Baptist Boys` High School,saje,abeokuta Old Student In The Forum (8202 Views)

Hurray! Eko Boys' High School, Lagos Is 102 Years Today / Old Student Of Methodist Boys' High School Victoria Island Lagos / What's The Magic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Baptist Boys` High School,saje,abeokuta Old Student In The Forum by olusegun8(m): 5:44pm On Nov 09, 2007
HI,
ANY BAPTIST BOYS` HIGH SCHOOL, SAJE , ABEOKUTA OLD STUDENT IN THE FORUM
I WILL TO DISCUSS THE ISSUE OF WHAT OUR PROMINENT OLD STUDENTS HAS DONE FOR THIS GREAT CITADEL OF LEARNING,WHICH HAS HELPED THEM ACHIEVE THEIR AIMS IN LIFE.
MY QUESTION IS HOW HAVE THEY HELPED THE SCHOOL ESPECIALLY THE PRESENT STUDENT STUDENT OF THE SCHOOL?
WE ALL KNOW WE HAVE LOTS OF THEM HOLDING IMPORTANT AND TOP POSITIONS IN THE COUNTRY.WAT ARE THEY DOING TO HELP THE SCHOOL.
EXAMPLES OF THEM ARE:
OLUSEGUN OBASANJO - FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE NATION
OLUGBENGA DANIEL - GOVERNOR OF OGUN STATE
JUSTICE BOLA AJIBOLA - FORMER CHIEF OF JUSTICE OF THE FEDERATION
HON. DIMEJI BANKOLE - PRESENT AND IMMEDIATE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE
LATE CHIEF MKO ABIOLA - A GREAT MAN TO THE NATION AND OTHERS
WE NEED A GREAT CHANGE FOR THE SCHOOL.
(NULLI SECUNDUS- second to none) The humble way to say we are the best.

1 Like

Re: Any Baptist Boys` High School,saje,abeokuta Old Student In The Forum by olusegun8(m): 5:54pm On Nov 09, 2007
It's 84 Years of BBHS!

The Baptist Boys High School, Abeokuta is not the first School that was established in Nigeria. But, the number of the products of the School who had, or are occupying leadership positions in all walks of life in the country is enough to confer the title of "Best Secondary School in Nigeria" on the School. The founding fathers of the school established on January 23, 1923 were not only clairvoyant but prescient as they picked the clause "nulli Secondus" which means "Second to none" as the school's motto while the second stanza of the anthem of the school which states inter alia ", it is true they say we make leaders here , " is indeed very prophetic.

It is very gratifying that the school is located in Ogun, which is widely regarded as the Gateway State. BBHS is a great testament to the pioneering prowess of Ogun State in the education sector. For the avoidance of doubt, I am not an old boy of the school, but I must own up to being a great admirer of the giant strides recorded by the school's old boys in all field of human endeavours.

At 81, the most distinguished old boy produced by the Baptist Boys High School, Abeokuta is Chief Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo who is truly second to none in the country having served as military Head of State between 1976 and 1979, and was elected democratic President in 1999. Chief Obasanjo also broke all records when he successfully organised a civilian to civilian transition programme during which the people of Nigeria invested hope on him by re-electing him as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria last year. Furthermore,, Chief Obasanjo, an archetypal Owu indigene, is also the Balogun of Owu as well as the "Ebora Owu "

After President Olusegun Obasanjo comes Otunba Gbenga Daniel, the Executive Governor of Ogun State and the very first Executive Governor produced by BBHS. It is indeed remarkable that under six months in office, Governor Daniel's morning had vividly shown the day, as he has been variously described as "a model Governor", "a man of his words", "the Awolowo of our era" "the Lee Kuan Yun of Nigeria" who symbolizes the changing face of Nigerian politics. Governor Gbenga Daniel is being celebrated for his dynamism, sincerity of purpose, hard work, service, abiding love for humanity and for achieving so much within a short period. Today, Otunba Gbenga Daniel is a beacon of hope as far as governance in Nigeria is concerned and the greatest advertisement for the BBHS. He conquered the organised private sector before throwing his hat into the political ring where he is currently making waves by providing citizens of Ogun state and indeed Nigerians with sterling, responsive and responsible leadership.

Another great icon of the BBHS was Bashorun Moshood Kasimawo Olawale Abiola who won the June 12, 1993 presidential elections widely adjudged to be the freest and fairest election ever conducted in Nigeria but which was annulled by General Ibrahim Babangida. Chief Abiola, the Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland (Generallisimo) was a momental success in life. He was so successful that his initials M.K.O. was taken as an acronym for money, kudi (money in Hausa) Owo (Yoruba word for money). Chief Abiola was also well known for his legendary kindness and philanthropy while to date, no Nigerian has received more traditional chieftaincy titles than him. Late Chief M.K. O. Abiola was the "Pillar of Sports in Africa" and it is a very befitting memorial that his alma mater, BBHS, Abeokuta recently won the Shell Cup being the second time that a secondary school from Ogun State will win the coveted trophy. Perhaps the greatest architect of the BBHS victory in Shell Cup is the School's Principal and eminent Old Boy, Chief Dola Jibowu who also won the cup as Principal of Salawu Abiola Comprehensive High School, Abeokuta. Even the late Sage Chief Obafemi Awolowo attended the BBHS although he did not finish from the school.

Other distinguished old boys of the school include the former Minister of Finance, Dr. Onaolapo Soleye, the Minister of State for Agriculture, Chief Bamidele Dada, the former Group Managing Director of NNPC, Engr. Funso Kupolokun, eminent jurist Prince Bola Ajibola, former deputy Governor of Central Bank, Chief Wole Oduyemi and the Olubara of Ibara, Oba Jacob Omolade.

The Ogun State Commissioner for Environment, Engr. Tony Ojeshina, the Director General Budget in Ogun State, Mr. Kehinde Sogunle, the Special Adviser to the Ogun State Governor on Sports and Employment Generation Mr. Bukola Olopade as well as Chief Alani Bankole and his son, Honorable speaker of the house of representative. Hon. Dimeji Bankole are all products of the school.

The list of eminent media personalities that passed out from the school is intimidating to say the least. They include Veteran Journalist Chief Tunji Oseni, Ogun State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Niran Malaolu, Radio Nigeria's Director of Prograrnmes, Mr. Tolu Fatoyinbo and veteran broadcaster, Mr. Yinka Craig. Others are Messrs. Ayinde Soaga of NTA, Ambrose Somide of AIT, Busayo Olaifa forrnerly of OGBC, Dauda Abimbola of Radio Nigeria, Ibadan and Late Adesina Durosomo of OGTV.

At eighty-four, the Baptist Boys High School, Abeokuta is an oak tree that has produced numerous fruits that are making waves all over the world. As football champion of all secondary schools in Nigeria, there is no doubt that BBHS is truly second to no secondary school in the country. All hail BBHS, doyen of all secondary schools in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Any Baptist Boys` High School,saje,abeokuta Old Student In The Forum by alchemist(m): 11:28pm On Nov 19, 2007
NULLI SECUNDUS,Second to none that what we are.Am an ex student year 2000-2001 set.Olusegun, what set are you and I hope you raise up our flag higher just as our aluminee are during making the school proud.
Re: Any Baptist Boys` High School,saje,abeokuta Old Student In The Forum by Nobody: 4:36am On Nov 20, 2007
I was about to set up this thread, but i decided to check for any existing one and i got here.

'Bayo Adetunji. 82-87 set

NULLI SECONDUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Any Baptist Boys` High School,saje,abeokuta Old Student In The Forum by alchemist(m): 6:43am On Nov 20, 2007
I was still thinking of primary school them, OBOY OH BOY.Hope we are all doing good now sha. SECOND TO NON.
Re: Any Baptist Boys` High School,saje,abeokuta Old Student In The Forum by olusegun8(m): 7:31pm On Nov 26, 2007
i`m glad to meet you guy`s here cos i know it will be very bad if i can`t be able get my fellow old student here.gut we thank god we they together.well,let`s put our hands together and make the name great and high.i graduated 2002-2003 session.i`ll be very glad to meet more of u guys again.cos i believe we`ll be able to help each other as brothers in one big family
regards.
Re: Any Baptist Boys` High School,saje,abeokuta Old Student In The Forum by alchemist(m): 7:49pm On Nov 26, 2007
OLUSEGUN,wetin be you nickname maybe i fit remember you,you suppose sabi dem,AYALA, if i get time i go post some pics of me when i dey skool online if it allowed that is.One love to ya all. NA DEM BIKO UCHEDU set me i be, but i dey roll with AYALA,SODIQ,JIDE,DAVID,BOLAWA etc.

Re: Any Baptist Boys` High School,saje,abeokuta Old Student In The Forum by olusegun8(m): 7:30pm On Nov 29, 2007
hi alchemist, it`s unfortunate i didn`t see ur pics clearly,anyway,i know some of those u mentioned earlier,i remember sodiq, wasiu, agba sule and others sha.i hope u stay in the school hostel then,
anyway,na adeyemi hostel i dey,if you can remember akinwunmi babatunde,shanusi ahmed,mumuni,akeem,adedeji adetunji and others, all these r your colleagues for school then.
i` b eager to see d pics u want to send
Re: Any Baptist Boys` High School,saje,abeokuta Old Student In The Forum by alchemist(m): 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2007
Na school hostel i dey and am in them agbasule click.my name is KUMOLU-JOHNSON we were all in room 1,previously room 6 for agbole.Anyhow sha,i dont remember any of the names u called,i only remember nick names,OK since that is what am use too.
Re: Any Baptist Boys` High School,saje,abeokuta Old Student In The Forum by mcjohnsons: 5:12pm On Feb 28, 2017
Good to be here...My set is 2001 set. I graduated with the likes Wale Oligbinde, Wasiu Ayoola, Tolu Olaifa, Ibrahim Sanusi, Shittu Azeez, Opaleye Olusesi to mention a few. I am the current president of BBHSOBA CLUB (95/01) - Akinnusimi Akintunde a.k.a Ajasco, omo Asuni

1. A picture with our immediate seniors Monday Osaigbovo, Segun Odewunmi and Murphy
2. With our then principal Alhaji G.O. Aroyeun who is also an Old Boy at 94th founders day
3. BBHSOBA 95/01 set Q1 meeting hosted by Ademolu Abiodun in abk recently.

Nulli Secundus!

(1) (Reply)

IMT And College Of Education Enugu Shut Down As NLC Strike Enters Day 3 In Enugu / 2012/13 CROWN POLY Offers Addmission Without UTME!!! / Who Knows Anything About This That Most Youths Are Into This Days. (shocking)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.