Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:32 PM

Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here (80688 Views)

OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum / Direct Entry Candidates 2013/2014. Let Us Meet Here / Oau Direct Entry , How To Check The Admission List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by aykay45(m): 6:07am On Jul 27, 2012
lillies: my country ppl, i greet una, d next set of great ife i say gudevnin!
if xom1 hlpd u in submitn ur transcript no qualms, but its beta 2 know d date shld incase complications arise, 1 can easily trace tins wiv ur lodgin date, i pray dia wnt b any comlication IJN.
@aykay45, u ve no probs. time is stil on my side, i wil B starting my 6mnths internshp from aug tru feb 2013. 400l tech wud b her exms next 2mao.
K' if u in lag jst go to gTBank ilupeju branch fridays by 5pm, dey always ryt test for IT stds, altho tru invitation sha, buh wen u reach der, shine eye dem go allow u ryt, if dey didn't dey wil gv u a fresh date to come n ryt der, jst date @ d end of d IT nofin to defend cos u won't really learn anytin in d banking sector as an IT std. Will meet u @ faculty of tech nxt session
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by aykay45(m): 6:15am On Jul 27, 2012
asphimself2: Plz can someone rise my hope here. After writing application n paying some money 2 d bank 4 d processing of d transcript, my sch stil insists on sending it to OAU by post. Wht shld I do?
Its normal, dats wat dey wud always say dat it must be sent dat it can't be given by hand, na TIP dem dey find, if u leave dey won't send it, dey wil b waiting for u to come back n tip dem, wud also advice u dnt lie cos of d addressing of d transcript, jst corner one of ur staff n gv am sumtin. Believe me dem no go get choice

1 Like

Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by ayodejisure: 11:55am On Jul 27, 2012
Pls wat can i do? I m a D.E Candidate, alreadily i have my transcript wit me, but i'v not fill d green form. Tel me wat to do.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by whilly: 6:04am On Jul 28, 2012
@lilies please i chose oau as my first and second choice, i want to ask my be i will submit my credential to the two department because i chose different course, i'm coming to oau nextweek to submit my transcript and fill the green form, because i just collected my transcript this week, hope their have cut off strike because i'm coming all the way from lagos. Please in need your urgent response if u are on 2go let me have your 2go i.d, mine is whilly03
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by daarworld: 6:43am On Jul 28, 2012
oau have some poly on their black list. I.e they dont take all polytechnic.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by aykay45(m): 8:54am On Jul 28, 2012
daarworld: oau have some poly on their black list. I.e they dont take all polytechnic.
I dnt really tink its d "POLY", I tink its d accreditation status of d course in d school, buh am from Fedpoly Ado-Ekiti n sumone was admitted last year from ma school to FoodTech, if its d institution den am save, if its ma course(computer engrg), its accredited am also save, if its ma result n transcript am also save, tho ma ND is wt computer science, more candidates more risk, pray all goes well n right.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by asphimself2: 10:57am On Jul 28, 2012
I'm 4rm Yabatech o!
Like I said, the sch stil say no to gvng me d transcript by hand. Can I go n fill d form wth other documents?
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Accuratephemite: 6:36pm On Jul 28, 2012
@asphimself, do dat as sooooon as d strike is called offf

1 Like

Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by whilly: 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2012
please i chose oau as my first and second choice, i want to ask my be i will submit my credential to the two department because i chose different course, i'm coming to oau nextweek to submit my transcript and fill the green form, because i just collected my transcript this week, hope their have cut off strike because i'm coming all the way from lagos. Please in need your urgent response if u are on 2go let me have your 2go i.d, mine is whilly03
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by whilly: 11:13am On Jul 30, 2012
@lillies please response to my question it's very urgent
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Akhynpelu: 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
Plz I need confirmation is it true dat the non academic staff union have resumed cus I need to submit my transcript and fill the form......... Plz I need an urgent response
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Olami90: 10:54am On Jul 31, 2012
@ashimphem....tel me wot u studied at yabatech cos i b YCT product as wel...
@all...i hope there wont b any issue as accuratephemite stated dt i submitted to SSANU?wil it b workd on?
Thanks to u all esp. my guys Ursa, Aykay45, Akinsegun, Lilies dt has bin contributin to dis thread..i appreciate u all...pls i nid ur views
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Accuratephemite: 3:13pm On Jul 31, 2012
@olami, i tink it'll b worked on cos one of the lecturers @ d faculty of mgt sciences was d one dat told me dat he helped somone submit one and it was d ssanu members dat attended to him. Dats was ao, i got to know, it was d ssanu members dat attended to people. He told me to go back dere if i wiud be lucky to see any of d members. Ofcourse, i saw dem, but outside d senate building staging rallies. May God help us in naija.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by ursa23: 4:59pm On Jul 31, 2012
BLACKLIST? Seriously? What do you know about it?
If it exists, its not for academic reasons.
Here is an extract of what I found on a Guardian Newspaper of 2003

T O curb the menace of
cultism, authorities of the
Obafemi Awolowo
University (OAU) Ile-Ife have
excluded candidates from
tertiary institutions believed
to be cultism-prone from
their admission lists, The
Guardian has learnt.
According to sources,
majority of the rejected
candidates were those
seeking direct entry
admission and those willing
to enrol in the university
from other institutions.
Some of the affected schools
included Osun State
Polytechnic, Iree; Osun State
College of Technology, Esa-
Oke; Kwara State
Polytechnic, Ilorin; Ambrose
Alli University, Ekpoma;
Lagos State University
(LASU) and University of
Ilorin (UNILORIN).
Besides, majority of the
higher institutions from the
South-South and South-East
have been "blacklisted" by
the university authorities,
sources at OAU said
"The admission committee,
headed by a professor was
not even considering
candidates from those
institutions.
"OAU is respectable and
known as a citadel of
learning and today, you can
bear me witness that the
institution is one of the most
cultism-free in the country",
he said.

1 Like

Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by ursa23: 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2012
extract continues....
war at the institution in
which seven students were
killed.
Students, the sources added,
have formed anti-cult groups
to ensure that adequate
monitoring of their
colleagues within the
campus were carried out
while the institution's
security network "had been
up to task."
Another employee of the
institution who preferred
anonymity explained that
although the decision would
affect some innocent
candidates, "it is better to
save the whole lot of our
students from being
contaminated by these evil-
minded, wicked, ungodly,
lazy and bad groups."
He disclosed that few months
ago, one of these cult groups
wrote to the university's
Vice-Chancellor, Professor
Rogers Makanjuola, warning
him against his stand on
cultism "but upon
investigation, we realised
that the letter did not come
from our students here but
from outside."
When The Guardian
contacted the university
spokesman, Femi Afolabi, he
said the Senate has "not
come up actually with such
decision."
"How did you get that
information? Maybe the VC
will be able to talk on this,
but I don't really know
anything as regards what
you're saying", he said.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by ursa23: 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2012
Here is what I make of these:
1. This was 2003, culdnt have been Life Blacklisting
2. It was just a media speculation
3. The spokesman went on to deny it.
4. I dont know what else to think.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by daarworld: 5:44pm On Jul 31, 2012
d last time i went there, believe me i saw the blacklisted schls.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by ursa23: 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2012
daarworld: d last time i went there, believe me i saw the blacklisted schls.

I didnt say OAU did not blacklist some schools please... We are only tryna discuss what is behind it. If you have the blacklist post it here please
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by asphimself2: 9:05pm On Jul 31, 2012
@Olami90, I studied Banking & Finance. Wht abt u? Hav u submtd ur transcript?
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Olami90: 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2012
@asphimself...i studied Science Lab.Tech nd i av submitted my transcript by God grace waitin to c wot God has perfected...
@bwoz Femi Ursa...u r right.i truly heard dt Oau blacklisted som schls nt to b considered 4 admission... Even Yabatech at HND level dnt admit som schls lyk Kwara poly, Mapoly, Ibadan Poly nd so on...d stuff is stil dia coz of d high level of cultism in dose schls except u knw som1 to d admin..level. More info pls to while away tym
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Akinsegun06: 11:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
A pleasant day to you all, since there is no info coming from IFE for now lets dissect the issue of BLACKLISTING as raised by Honourable Ursas. As we all know that what goes around comes around, this issue of Blacklisting has really affected innocent applicants to OAU but can we blame OAU for safeguarding her name nd d lifes of her students? or do we let few cultist infiltrates the sch network nd jeoardize d academic lifes of students? or is a crime to have unknowingly attended those acclaimed blacklisted school in d first place not forgetting that admission to at least college of education in Nigeria now is like a World war.... hmmmmmm this questions are really easy to answer BUT who is to blame for d decay of morals in d society that makes a student to join cultism? (the students or politicians who mentor them) lets leave this because its a topic for yesterday, not today. SOLUTION: since OAU accepts a minimum of upper for D.E, nd i believe that few serious sudentst join violent-cultism, so i suggest that d school authority beams its search light on D.E students by
scrutinizing on admission. By requestin for genuine Security clearance papers from their school alongside their transcript nd also make them sign an undertaking on resumption into OAU, i believe with dis coupled with other steps, d fear of D.E students enacting cultism in d school can be reduce to the bearest minimum if not eradicated. conclusively the school security network should be at prepared always to monitor cases of insecurity in and out of the school campus. underground surveillance can also be mapped the among student communitys, within nd outside campus to get security informations that can help the school security network wax stronger, Because i believe that adequate unbaised investigative frameworks can wipe out violence from all our campuses (i stand to be corrected if am 'right'). After all this my contribution said without be done: permit me to aknowledge our primary and only goal on this Forum, which is "ADMISSION", i fell sad when i find myself in the dark about what concerns me most. Admission issues is this country is like a "Big thing" which ought not to be so. it pains me most when u hear prayers Points in Places of worship centered around admission (its a shame). when students are "able and willing" to learn and contribute to the growth of their Nation, shortsighted oppurtunist will now say "you cant be admitted because there is a quota for admission, there is no space, or something something like that e.tc" when will we get things right in this country? sorry have forgoting dat am on Nairaland, i thought am at one of those Public Social movement/struggle. let me drop pen here coz "Na here, all my agitation go end, e no reach govt house". PEACE TO MY FELLOWS, THE STRUGGLE CONTINUES WHEN WE GET TO IFE AND ALSO WHEN WE LEAVE IFE, UNTIL WE BID MOTHER EARTH FAREWELL. NEVER SAY DIE.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Akinsegun06: 12:07am On Aug 01, 2012
accept my apology for some misplaced typos and avaiodable errors in my previous unedited post, it was due to power outage........ lols. you can't believe i was dozzing (so also was my keyboard) while typping.
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Olami90: 6:52am On Aug 01, 2012
gud morning to u all.hw was ur 9t?tanks to Akinsegun 4 dt,though it is a lenghty one bt managed to read it in d nyt..u made gud points there.dose schls listed might av bin replaced,an ex. dis sessn is a guy dt got admitted frm mapoly(a schl wel knwn 4 cultism)into Acctn dept. nd may nt even b rules to oau unlyk som schls..i fink we shld jst pray 4 change of rules in our favour no mata wot has bin happening there
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by fazbuk(m): 8:57am On Aug 01, 2012
Blacklistd!!!,all we nid is d favour of God ohhhhhh.Wats even delayin OAU sef?dey shld free us nw
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by asphimself2: 12:08pm On Aug 01, 2012
At Olami90. Plz hw did u get d transcript? Was it gvn to u or it ws by post?
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Olami90: 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2012
by His grace,i was given noni...no b by mouth nd physique oo,na GOD
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by asphimself2: 8:43am On Aug 05, 2012
Plz o @Lillies nd odas, wht's d latest development in OAU? Hav nt stil fill my greenform. Is d strike been called-off?
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Akinsegun06: 2:49am On Aug 07, 2012
News has it that NASU has called off their strike action.

1 Like

Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by fazbuk(m): 8:16am On Aug 07, 2012
Wat nxt nw?wat shld we DE studnt b xpectin?
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by Akinsegun06: 9:52pm On Aug 07, 2012
fazbuk: Wat nxt nw?wat shld we DE studnt b xpectin?
Nothing but the admission list oooo, but not sure maybe it will be with d Jambites or after d jambites merits
Re: Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here by aykay45(m): 11:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
Guys I jst got admitted 2 my 2nd choice institution(UNILORIN) to study comp sci, buh nah OAU dey my mind, tho gat to go do d registrations while I wait for IFE's list

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply)

Ami Victor Ugochukwu: IAUE Student Who Returned Missing Phone To Staff Rewarded / How To Upgrade Your ND And HND Certificate To BSC - See Step / See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.