Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Do Long Distant Relationships Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Long Distant Relationships Work? (1431 Views)

The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / Long Distant Relationships...how Safe Are They? / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Long Distant Relationships Work? by bigboydante(m): 2:43am On Apr 27, 2012
broses and sistas
abeg i'd like to hear your take(s) on what y'all think about being in a long distance relationship.
do you think peeps in this situation can remain happy?
what are the secrets to maintaining a healthy relationship in such a situation?
how much communication is actually required?
and above all how do u make sure the other party doesn't run off with some other girl/guy?
Re: Do Long Distant Relationships Work? by Exponental(m): 3:01am On Apr 27, 2012
It's not easy if there is true love. It's not a nice experience. Not advisable u start one but if fate keeps u apart, u can maintain it if d level of trust is high.
It gives room 4 unfaithfulness except Baba God pause u.
I once had it. Cost me minimum of 15mins call everyday 2 make her feel me. I dont wish 4 it again.
Re: Do Long Distant Relationships Work? by Lexusgs430: 7:29am On Apr 27, 2012
I'll try to answer your questions in the same stages as it was asked -:
Long distance relationship can work, love and trust has to be in the mix of ingredients to make it work
Of course, people in this form can be happy if the love,respect and trust is mutual
There is no recipe to love,both people would have to be happy having such relationship, to make it work
As much communication as possible, the level of communication is actually representing both of your absences,and the communication also make both parties,believe that love actually still exists in their relationship
There is no way to deter the other party from falling in love with another person. (couples that physically see themselves as often as possible still break up, let alone across miles!!!!
Re: Do Long Distant Relationships Work? by Dondav(m): 8:30am On Apr 27, 2012
Nope
Re: Do Long Distant Relationships Work? by KwachImani(f): 12:14pm On Apr 27, 2012
Dondav: Nope
...It does if two people have the will to make it work....... smiley smiley
Re: Do Long Distant Relationships Work? by bigl: 6:58pm On Apr 27, 2012
Na God ooo!

If d 2 parties involved are serious about it and they are matured, it can work but if one or d 2 party is a player, then, its more or less a joke/mockin around with someone's emotions.

Ensure u and d person are on same page and for peace sake, take d person as he/she is; trust him/her. If u see or hear sometin, don't get mad ask questions.

But don't stay too long apart or d other person cld stray away.
Re: Do Long Distant Relationships Work? by Dondav(m): 7:02pm On Apr 27, 2012
Kwach Imani: ...It does if two people have the will to make it work....... smiley smiley

Trust me sweetie... It's gonna be a total waste of time, money and airtime!! Never works..
Re: Do Long Distant Relationships Work? by wolexojo(m): 8:08pm On Apr 27, 2012
Long distance relationships do work,but it takes more dedication,communication,attention to little details,and love to make it work.
Its tasking,its energy draining,but trust me its so sweet. *av bn there* To make it work the 2 parties av a whole lot to do.
Re: Do Long Distant Relationships Work? by KwachImani(f): 11:29am On Apr 28, 2012
Dondav:

Trust me sweetie... It's gonna be a total waste of time, money and airtime!! Never works..
cry cry lipsrsealed....have you been through one yourself?...just wondering!!.... lipsrsealed
Re: Do Long Distant Relationships Work? by 190: 12:06pm On Apr 28, 2012
Its a waste of time undecided
Re: Do Long Distant Relationships Work? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:11pm On Apr 28, 2012
Hmmmm..... It's hard but wiv dedication from both parties it could work.D key is compromising, consideration and communication. Dose 3 are vital, wiv a couple of oda minors den u good to go.
Re: Do Long Distant Relationships Work? by tutulicious(f): 12:55pm On Apr 28, 2012
hello sweetie long distance works it requires lots of prayer, patience, luv and commitmt. six months in to my relationship i got admision in MINNA for a 5 years course the hardest tin to do was to leave him behind in abuja dat was abt five yrs ago, we had diffrences but d oda party always beg d way tru, he cheated i kw i even caught him, but dnt all guys do? MIND U am not making excuses for him. We survived so too u can if d luv is dere u ll too. NOW we r enaged to be married.
Re: Do Long Distant Relationships Work? by ijebabe: 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2012
Maintaining a long distance relationship is not easy but doable. It requires steady communication (at least 3 times a week) whether its on the phone, email or video chat. Technology advancement has made it easier to keep in touch with people all over the world that you hardly feel ur in a long distance relationship(well, except for the intimacy part) without breaking the bank. Couples in long distance talk alot more than couples who are not and there will be times where you both run out of things to say and communication slows down. This is normal just keep the communication alive by talking about hobbies and other things of interest.
Trust is important as there's no way of knowing for sure what ur partner is upto. I would advise you though to meet up as soon as you can cos the distance becomes a strain over the years no matter how much you love each other. I know. If both of you can trust your feelings and hang in there, it'll work out.
Re: Do Long Distant Relationships Work? by bigl: 9:24pm On May 06, 2012
tutulicious: hello sweetie long distance works it requires lots of prayer, patience, luv and commitmt. six months in to my relationship i got admision in MINNA for a 5 years course the hardest tin to do was to leave him behind in abuja dat was abt five yrs ago, we had diffrences but d oda party always beg d way tru, he cheated i kw i even caught him, but dnt all guys do? MIND U am not making excuses for him. We survived so too u can if d luv is dere u ll too. NOW we r enaged to be married.

Thanks jare. That's d nicest tin I've heard on dis thread.

Guys, neva say never. Cos it didnt work for u don't mean it won't work for others.

Give it a shot, be honest and pray. It is possible for it to work out
Re: Do Long Distant Relationships Work? by Wishcash(f): 9:46pm On May 06, 2012
Its too much work and you will need an extra amount of trust to make it work. I have done had a distance relationship nut I have friends who have and they all regrt it
Re: Do Long Distant Relationships Work? by Dyt(f): 10:19pm On May 06, 2012
Nonsense thing
Re: Do Long Distant Relationships Work? by KwachImani(f): 10:32am On May 07, 2012
Dyt: Nonsense thing
grin grin grin. cheesy
Re: Do Long Distant Relationships Work? by Achiles: 12:46pm On May 07, 2012
It does work but require a lot of commitment. Lots of calls, genuine love and trust and above all, you must have a clear cut goal in mind. You also have to see at least once a month otherwise forget it! The most important thing here is trust and communication. I currently work outside Lagos while my fiancée in is Lag. We speak as often as possible at least 1:30m daily. Distance relationship is not meant for players or people who have not made up their mind about what they want out of the relationship. For guys or girls who cannot hold their legs together, they can't go a week faithfully. If you are in one, and your girl is the best thing you have going for you, you will do anything to keep it going. The difference between close and distance relationship for working folks isn't much.

(1) (Reply)

Romance / CNN'S World's 12 Sexiest Accents-nigeria Listed As 5th .Please vote via FB / 5 Habbits Women Will Never Stop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.