Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw (8401 Views)

Logo Design: Photoshop Or Adobe Illustrator? / Learn modern graphic design- Photoshop And CS3 ( fireworks ) / Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by smartsoft(m): 6:31pm On Nov 09, 2007
please i want to know what is da best software to use for  CD covers PHOTOSHOP or COREL DRAW
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by Neptune(m): 7:08pm On Nov 09, 2007
it depends on what u want to do but u'll get more effects with photopaint.
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by Gamine(f): 5:50pm On Nov 10, 2007
u cant compare the two

corel draw is a vector application===Adobe illustrator

Photoshop is image editing==== Corel photopaint

besides professionals dont even use coreldraw
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by grafikdon: 7:00pm On Nov 10, 2007
Corel. . . who?
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by Gamine(f): 2:16pm On Nov 12, 2007
lol grin
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by richylaw(m): 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2007
Gamine said it all, you can only compare photoshop to corel photo paint , corel draw is only comparable to Adobe illusrator. I being a photoshop person will not even venture into photopaint ( even though I use it and corel draw very well) for any just course. Try your hands on the new Photoshop CS3 and you will know the answer without asking. Think the professional way man.
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by Neptune(m): 10:38pm On Nov 12, 2007
please dont crusify me o!

but what can photoshop do that photo paint can't? I really think it depends on how good u are with either of them.
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by smartsoft(m): 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2007
okay thank you guys
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by Gamine(f): 6:33pm On Nov 14, 2007
How can u begin to compare Photoshop to photopaint

HOWWWWWW shocked shocked shocked
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by Neptune(m): 10:03am On Nov 15, 2007
please prove me wrong! im not saying photopaint is the best though. but there is'nt much difference to the two.
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by Gamine(f): 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2007
:-x :-x
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by gidig(m): 8:29pm On Nov 15, 2007
Em, we have discussed this some time in the past and I see that we are going to fall into the very same trap that people fall into when this topic come up. Globally, photoshop is the most used graphic suite.There was a time corel was in but they lost and it and I think they have sold the company to some investors who are trying to reinvent it.

The answer- It is a question of how good you are and which divide you fall into- a techie in a creative world or a creative using technology. A lot of the photoshop disciples I know ( a lot- not all) are in the former group. They are taken in by the many effects of Adobe's graphic suite and do not have an eye for concepts ( which is the bottomline) A well trained creative will use either and get results. He is not dependent of the pre determined capabilities of the software but his ability to think! So, it is not the software. If you aint got ideas, the best software wont bail you out! what you will just do is to dazzle the uninformed with one or two effects of images. But then, the guy in the business centre in shomolu can do that too.

Designing involves a whole lot more than the software you adopt. It involves a strong sense of colour combination, understanding typeface( not fonts!) balance( symmetry) copies. prepress (especially in these days when everything in coming in Rgb and offset printers are in CMYK) and the koko of it all THE CONCEPTS.

I have had the 'misfortune' of being trained on a corel but all my images are treated in Photoshop. Most of the clients we retain respect our concept and that my friends should be your focus-except you are designing to impress your friends!
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by na2day2(m): 8:53pm On Nov 15, 2007
@ poster

u r insulting these 2 programs. u shld kindly refrain from doing so. angry angry angry angry angry

FYI: u can u a cheap ass program for cd covers, u dont have to bring down photoshop and coreldraw to that low level.
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by nazzyon(m): 10:08pm On Nov 15, 2007
Its been long since I used Corel Draw or do any Graphics/Design work based on desktop pub. But I can still advice you to use nothing other than Corel Draw.

Please what is the recent version @ the moment. I stopped using Corel @ 10. I received update it it got 11 back in say 2003.
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by na2day2(m): 1:31am On Nov 16, 2007
i was going to defend u but u r going too far into danger zone. but back in the day, my kid bro make his first cartoon movie of mortal kombart using coreldraw and corelshow, but he did alot of scripting too.

Neptune:

please prove me wrong! im not saying photopaint is the best though. but there is'nt much difference to the two.
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by Pain(m): 1:58am On Nov 16, 2007
The guy only asked a simple question. Provide straight simple answers. undecided
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by na2day2(m): 2:21am On Nov 16, 2007
surprisingly u failed to provide a simple straight answer urself. this is a case of pot calling kettle black.

Pain:

The guy only asked a simple question. Provide straight simple answers. undecided
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by cyberomin(m): 5:02am On Nov 16, 2007
Guy i think photoshop is the best
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by Demsy(m): 8:27am On Nov 16, 2007
Professionally speaking, I must let you understand the difference between the two softwares.

Photoshop:
This is purely a photo editing tool. Its main job is to adjust, retouch and add special features and effects to
pictures. That is what it is traditionally meant for.

CorelDraw:
This is purely a design tool. It is used to make designs for prepress and various other designs you can think of. It is used to make drawings. Its is not very very compatible for web designs. Only professionals can have their way with for web designs.

However, you find out that one can still do a few drawings with photoshop.

So for you to say which one is best between the two, its like comparing two dissimilar things.
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by Neptune(m): 10:16am On Nov 16, 2007
the only person i'll agree to is gidig. i did'nt know there had been a topic like this though

nazzyon, corel x3 is the latest version.

And lastly, people i did'nt bring up the question to cause a fight or somthing, it's answers that are needed not stories.
But personally, i think photopaint can achieve anything that photoshop can. There's even a small program that u can use in photo paint to use brushes from photoshop!
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by my2cents(m): 10:34am On Nov 16, 2007
In the US at least, when going through the requirements for a job (and I have gone through a lot), to the best of my knowledge, I have never seen corel draw. I have seen photoshop and fireworks, but not corel draw. Based on this alone, I will say photoshop.

Short, sharp and simple grin
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by TruBrotha: 10:38am On Nov 16, 2007
Comparing Orange and Mango lol
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by Gwazah(m): 12:50pm On Nov 16, 2007
@poster
photopaint can finish every thing but if u are just a beginner u can design in corel draw before photoshop
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by TunjiLee: 7:53pm On Nov 16, 2007
Photoshop is the best image editing program there is.
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by na2day2(m): 7:58pm On Nov 16, 2007
no offense but the USA is backward in the understanding of choice when it comes to IT compared to Europe. i know this because i deal with it daily, and i am in the IT field and i live in the states too. a cheaper program don't necessary means it don't have rich features like the big names ones. in the case in question, photoshop and paintshop are too advance to be used for just cd covers. use some other cheaper labelling software.

my2cents:

In the US at least, when going through the requirements for a job (and I have gone through a lot), to the best of my knowledge, I have never seen corel draw. I have seen photoshop and fireworks, but not corel draw. Based on this alone, I will say photoshop.

Short, sharp and simple grin
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by Neptune(m): 7:25pm On Nov 17, 2007
no offence [na2day], a lot of things are not making sense to me.

no offense but the USA is backward in the understanding of choice when it comes to IT compared to Europe.

i don't live in the states o . lol. but what the heck happens in Europe? lol. Na wa for u o.

in the case in question, photoshop and paintshop are too advance to be used for just cd covers. use some other cheaper labelling software.

concerning the second quote,
photoshop and paintshop are too advance to be used for just cd covers. use some other cheaper labeling software.

what the heck does that mean!? 

If u really want to help the guy that started the thread, give him names of
cheaper labelling software
so he can get them. lol
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by na2day2(m): 5:58am On Nov 18, 2007
read linux mags and tell me how many current contributions to software development is based by usa developers. most come from europe and the software industry in the usa is filled with indians, asians and a bunch of other foreigners. go to any grad sch for IT/Engineering and u will find out the same thing and some whites. check out the young profs in different colleges/universities and u will see the same pattern. bottom line, americans are becoming too lazy for their own good and i am dead sure that the founders and builders of america wasnt half as lazy as this present "gaming/partying" generation. a white guy at work once came to me with an article that proved by some scientific research that caucasians have a higer I/Q than africans, and i replied him, that all his days in sch up to college, how many africans where in his class, to which he told me the amount he could remember. then i asked him if he can remember ever having better grades than them at any one time, he honestly said no, i told him "my point exactly" grin grin

as for cd covers, let me lay it down for u so u can understand simply since it is hard for u to read straight. if someone wishes to design a simple website for his/her blog etc, u don't have to go buy dreamweaver, flash etc to design and develop the sites, u can get cheaper softwares that can give u some flash animated objects or even basic flash design, with some good templates for the page layouts, and they are dead cheap. the implication simply is, if it is just cd covers he wants to do, why use a gun to kill an ant? photoshop cs3 cost $645.99 and paintshop cost $149.99, u can get cheap labelling softwares for as cheap as $9.99. so if u can't figure out my answers to his post, am sorry dude, i can't help u.

Neptune:

no offence [na2day], a lot of things are not making sense to me.

i don't live in the states o . lol. but what the heck happens in Europe? lol. Na wa for u o.

concerning the second quote,
what the heck does that mean!?

If u really want to help the guy that started the thread, give him names of so he can get them. lol

Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by Neptune(m): 10:10am On Nov 18, 2007
ok o. i agree with you.

But u see these
bunch of other foreigners
you talk about, they all make up the usa (most of them are us citizens). Americans are not lazy, they are just busy being the boss. lol.

How many people in Nigeria buys cs3 cds for $645.99, $149.99 and so on?
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by Nannu(f): 7:23pm On Nov 20, 2007
Depends which method you want to use, If you want to start from the scratch and do lots of drawing and painting on the cover by yourself, I'd go with Corel painter smiley
Photoshop is better for photomanipulation, but you can do cool stuff with it too. Corel painter is extremely awesome if you have a virtual drawing tablet and pen though,
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by nawa1(m): 4:30pm On Nov 23, 2007
i need adobe photoshop cs3. i've tried to download it from the official site but the file is too large, it may probably take me one week to complete the download.

can somebody help with a link where i can download a compressed copy?
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by smartsoft(m): 1:05pm On Nov 24, 2007
i said what software is good for CD Covers, PS or CDRW,  not saying which one is really the best ! haaaaaaaaaa
i had to modify the topic because you guys can't just read clearly what i said,  Na wa ooooo
Re: Re: What Is The Best Software for CD Covers Design Photoshop Or Coreldraw by nawa1(m): 2:29pm On Nov 24, 2007
MS WORD is the best, or what do you think?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Logo Designs! / The Making Of God's Logo Unveiled / Artwork For Sale - Borrowed Dress By Aimuan Ogboghodo - N500k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.