Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? (3160 Views)

Why Do Igbos Especially The Anambrans Marry From Their Tribe? / How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? / Igbos Originally From Ethiopia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by Ethioguy: 7:41pm On Nov 09, 2007
Is it true that Igbos are originally from Ethiopia?

I never heard before that any tribes in West Africa would be from Ethiopia or the Horn of Africa.
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by ghettochyk(f): 8:38pm On Nov 09, 2007
shut da hell up. aint nobody claiming to be from poverty-stricken big foreheaded and buck tooth people Ethiopia. Don't even try to start that damn shyt. Which Igbo claimed to be from Ethiopia and what does an Ethiopian know about any Nigerian tribe let alone Igbo? <If your behind's even Ethiopian>  hisssssssss. JOBLESSNESS IS VERY TERRIBLE. Don't come up in here trying to swell up your head. Igbos are 100% Nigerians.

shhyytt, u don' caught me on a wrong day.
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by Ethioguy: 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2007
I only said something I have read on this site that is all.

You don't have to be rude, I did not insult you or your people.
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by ghettochyk(f): 9:18pm On Nov 09, 2007
Ok, so I aint have to be rude, <but i aint in a "sweet" mood aight> but what u read on here, was it said by an Igbo person? NO. I don't think so. SO Just drop it. Igbos are Nigeria and not Ethiopian or from the "Horn of Africa". . . PERIOD.
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by BlackMamba(m): 10:24pm On Nov 09, 2007
Ethio_guy:
I only said something I have read on this site that is all.
You don't have to be rude, I did not insult you or your people.
May be you were browsing with your computer screen turned upside down. Or you might just be expressing a figment of your imagination.

IGBOS are from IGBOLAND, Thank you.
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by naijadiva2(f): 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2007
he was probably reading what that sudanese guy post about igbos. they guys not even nigerian so he doesn't have a say.
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by Dios(f): 9:32pm On Nov 10, 2007
ghettochyk:

shut da hell up. aint nobody claiming to be from poverty-stricken big foreheaded and buck tooth people Ethiopia. Don't even try to start that damn shyt. Which Igbo claimed to be from Ethiopia and what does an Ethiopian know about any Nigerian tribe let alone Igbo? <If your behind's even Ethiopian>  hisssssssss. JOBLESSNESS IS VERY TERRIBLE. Don't come up in here trying to swell up your head. Igbos are 100% Nigerians.

So what if they are poverty sticken now, those people you just insulted had one of the earliest civilizations in human history along with the Eyptians and Nubians who were all black. It's possible that some of these people migrated to what is now called Nigeria. Oduduwa of the yoruba tribe is said to have migrated from around the vicinity of the river Nile after the invasion of the arabs and religious persecution.
You're so proud to say you're nigerian and that is laudable but do you even know how "Nigeria" came to be. The british crackers decided it would be much easier for them to combine the northern part of the country and the southern part and Lord Lugard's wife came up with a beautiful name grin grin grin NIGER AREA (Nigeria), so in 1914 our people became Nigerians wink At least Ethiopia has been Ethiopia for centuries and their problems now are very sad.
It's annoying to see Africans feed into the white man's propaganda and feed into the negative image of africa portrayed in the western media.

So ghettochyk, stop acting ghetto, that sh#t ain't cute.  Pick up a book.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by ghettochyk(f): 6:50am On Nov 11, 2007
u, your mother, and father should pick up  damn book and save that stupid ass lecture for someone who gives a damn. You think I'm finna read all that history shyt? effin retard. Who was even talking to your behind? bullshyt. Is your behind even Igbo? Your stupid reply doesn't even have nothing to do with anything. WTF? Nonsense. Hissssssss
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by jgirl3: 7:06am On Nov 11, 2007
What kind of stupid display of Ignorance is this? shocked shocked shocked shocked Wonders shall never end
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by Dios(f): 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2007
ghettochyk:

u, your mother, and father should pick up  damn book and save that stupid ass lecture for someone who gives a damn. You think I'm finna read all that history shyt? effin retard. Who was even talking to your behind? bullshyt. Is your behind even Igbo? Your stupid reply doesn't even have nothing to do with anything. WTF? Nonsense. Hissssssss

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!! You are actually more ignorant than the average ghetto, barrio or trailer park girl. I'm not Igbo but they are my people too.
So if you consider my reply stupid, do you mind telling me something intelligent rather than rant

PS: Ghetto chicks don't  "Hissssssssssssss"  grin grin, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by justcool(m): 4:33pm On Nov 11, 2007
Dios:

So what if they are poverty sticken now, those people you just insulted had one of the earliest civilizations in human history along with the Eyptians and Nubians who were all black. It's possible that some of these people migrated to what is now called Nigeria. Oduduwa of the yoruba tribe is said to have migrated from around the vicinity of the river Nile after the invasion of the arabs and religious persecution.
You're so proud to say you're nigerian and that is laudable but do you even know how "Nigeria" came to be. The british crackers decided it would be much easier for them to combine the northern part of the country and the southern part and Lord Lugard's wife came up with a beautiful name grin grin grin NIGER AREA (Nigeria), so in 1914 our people became Nigerians wink At least Ethiopia has been Ethiopia for centuries and their problems now are very sad.
It's annoying to see Africans feed into the white man's propaganda and feed into the negative image of africa portrayed in the western media.

So ghettochyk, stop acting ghetto, that sh#t ain't cute.  Pick up a book.

Thanks Dios
I'm Igbo but sometimes I get ashamed of my people because of their arrogance and ignorance. Here is an Igbo girl insulting Ethiopians because the Ethiopian brother gently asked a question. Here she is defending the British's creation called Nigeria, while most her people( IE the MASSOB) are fighting and dying to separate from Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by tamme: 4:59am On Oct 16, 2009
identity crisis
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by throttler(f): 10:17am On Oct 16, 2009
i dont blame ghettochyk for her reply. we've had enough of these silly nairaland threads were every damn week someone brings up a thread about the origin of igbo, just for mockery. if they need to be insulted to stop the silly threads, then so be it angry., i dont see yoruba or hausa origin threads like that, if any. this just goes to show what we have always known, and will refuse to keep happening. igbo deserves respect whether they like it or not. anyone who brings up any of this stupid threads or ask any silly questions like this again will be roundly and soundly told offfffffff.

having said this, DOWN WITH THIS DUMB THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by Freiburger(m): 10:25am On Oct 16, 2009
@ ghettochyk u sound so primitive TYPICAL! cant u realise that? n u are so ignorant to know that u are demostrating prmitvness to the world ones again, dont worry Nigeria will soon be shared so u can have your primitve republic. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by NegroNtns(m): 11:37pm On Oct 17, 2009
lmao @ Ethio and Ghettochyck,

Ethio,

depending on which direction the wind blows. . .thats where the Igbos are from. Last I checked they were Jews. . .lets see if the wind blows towards Afghanistan tomorrow, then they might be Pashtuns. . or better yet, Turks.
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by udezue(m): 2:09am On Oct 18, 2009
STUPID THREAD. Why are fools always obsessed with origin of Igbos? We are Igbo simple and could care less if migrated from MARS like as if doing so will change our lives for the better.

Igbo bu Igbo.
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by africhika(f): 3:34am On Oct 18, 2009
ethio-guy, i truly doubt that an igbo told u they originated from ethiop.

u may here some igbos say we came from jews, though.

but just leave the matter alone. it won't change anything.
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by africhika(f): 3:36am On Oct 18, 2009
quote from ghettochyk:
« #1 on: November 09, 2007, 02:38 PM »

shut da hell up. aint nobody claiming to be from poverty-stricken big foreheaded and buck tooth people Ethiopia. Don't even try to start that damn shyt. Which Igbo claimed to be from Ethiopia and what does an Ethiopian know about any Nigerian tribe let alone Igbo? <If your behind's even Ethiopian> hisssssssss. JOBLESSNESS IS VERY TERRIBLE. Don't come up in here trying to swell up your head. Igbos are 100% Nigerians.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by agathamari(f): 4:53pm On Oct 21, 2009
have you seen the genographic project by national geographic? they used DNA to trace EVERYONE on earth to that general area of Africa. hispanics, whites, blacks, asians, indians, pacific islanders and orientals alike
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by chikeuz(m): 5:31pm On Oct 23, 2011
Freiburger:

@ ghettochyk u sound so primitive TYPICAL! cant u realise that? n u are so ignorant to know that u are demostrating prmitvness to the world ones again, dont worry Nigeria will soon be shared so u can have your primitve republic. smiley smiley smiley
wateva ghettochyk sounds like is anything but primitive. What gives the you german right to call ours a primitive nation. Save us ur useless germanic persuaded attitude. Why must we ever originate from some people: its high time West Africans stop this useless occupation with non-existent origins. Ts embarrassing, irritating and down right idiotic-can't other people originate from us. I love Ethiopians, but we aint just from there-husai!
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by Ybutterfly: 6:11pm On Oct 23, 2011
africhika:

ethio-guy, i truly doubt that an igbo told u they originated from ethiop.

but just leave the matter alone. it won't change anything.

^^^^^^^^^^it's true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8WWqIuURGo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsHYdL0UTR4&feature=related
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by Rgp92: 9:27pm On Oct 23, 2011
lol
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by lepasharon(f): 3:03am On Oct 28, 2011
ghettochyk:

grin grin Lool True. Theyll probably be saying the same about us tho

YOU PPL NEED TO STOP,hw c u say Igbos are from Ethiopia??Cant you see we nd those ppl are a different Nation?? Goshh stop it man.
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by kliva6(f): 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2011
shut da hell up. aint nobody claiming to be from poverty-stricken big foreheaded and buck tooth people Ethiopia. Don't even try to start that damn shyt. Which Igbo claimed to be from Ethiopia and what does an Ethiopian know about any Nigerian tribe let alone Igbo?

awww that wasn't nice sad sad sad he was just asking remember?

silly THREAD. Why are fools always obsessed with origin of Igbos? We are Igbo simple and could care less if migrated from MARS like as if doing so will change our lives for the better.

Igbo bu Igbo.
I know, Does it really matter??

dont worry Nigeria will soon be shared so u can have your primitve republic.

sorry to say this but dnt be an A**, ok? y u wishing 4 d country to be split? go split urs up. wht happens here isnt ur problem <sickeningly sweet smile>
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by BlackLibya: 5:01am On Nov 07, 2011

I do not believe Igbos are from Jews. But if they were, why do you guys think u would be from the white jews? They are not even the original jews.

If you were indeed Jewish, that would place u right smack in Ethiopia in Beta Israel, the oldest Jewish community in Africa.
Re: Why Do Igbos Claim To Be That They Are From Ethiopia Originally? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 23, 2011
I dont think it's Ethiopia exactly, but there might have been some migration through the territory in the past.

If you say Igbos do have semitic origins (Israel to exact), you'll be more in tune with the generally held beliefs.

(1) (Reply)

Farting Nigerian Girls. / Nairalanders: What Is The Meaning Of "YES" In Igbo. I Beg Una / If A Child Fall From Her Mother's Back Is It A Bad Omen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.