Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Love and Light - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love and Light (3665 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love and Light by Marchman: 1:56pm On Apr 27, 2012
Deleted
Re: Love and Light by logicboy: 2:00pm On Apr 27, 2012
Can any tither please respond to the OP if you have any courage?
Re: Love and Light by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 27, 2012
She's giving to God, GOD will clear all her debts, don't be discouraged, just have faith..
Re: Love and Light by buzugee(m): 2:40pm On Apr 27, 2012
March man: We attend Christ Embassy Church and there is always pressure to give. I have learnt how to manage these pressures, giving in the context of what i have and my other needs.
Not so for my wife! She often gives all her money by the first week of the month and needs to be supported till the end of the month. Because of that, she often owes a lot
of her colleagues, and people who sell things to her. Recently she took a loan for business but spent almost all of it on CHURCH programmes. Then she bought a lot of things
on credit.

Now her creditors are on her neck. She doesn't have the money to give them because her company is deducting heavily from her salary to pay the loan. Yet she pays almost all
what is left of her salary on tithe and for other programmes (partnerships)!!!!

I have tried to reason with her on how to give reasonable, but she has refused to follow my advice, saying she doesn't want to be persecuted! Yet she cries everyday to help her settle
her debts! ( I have done these several times but this time, i want the follow of her actions to stater her in the face!)
you are the head of the house. either she stops being a harlot to her p-imp or you will evict her from the holiday inn
Re: Love and Light by nuella2(f): 3:02pm On Apr 27, 2012
Husband write one cheque to clear her debts na, you should have plenty money since you don't give like your wife grin.....you should have saved plenty for wifey up keep.
Re: Love and Light by PastorKun(m): 3:26pm On Apr 27, 2012
I thought CEC members were blessed big time from their tithes paying. Where is joagbaje to explain this one? Bunch of criminals stealing in God's name angry
Re: Love and Light by manmustwac(m): 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2012
March man: We attend Christ Embassy Church and there is always pressure to give. I have learnt how to manage these pressures, giving in the context of what i have and my other needs.
Not so for my wife! She often gives all her money by the first week of the month and needs to be supported till the end of the month. Because of that, she often owes a lot
of her colleagues, and people who sell things to her. Recently she took a loan for business but spent almost all of it on CHURCH programmes. Then she bought a lot of things
on credit.

Now her creditors are on her neck. She doesn't have the money to give them because her company is deducting heavily from her salary to pay the loan. Yet she pays almost all

I have tried to reason with her on how to give reasonable, but she has refused to follow my advice, saying she doesn't want to be persecuted! Yet she cries everyday to help her settle
her debts! ( I have done these several times but this time, i want the follow of her actions to stater her in the face!)
This is what religion dose to you. Her mind is being is being controlled by the church. I can just imagine if it wasn't for you where would she be. It don't make sense to borrow money to give to the church. She needs a heavy dosage of reality. So don't help her financially just make a detailed notes of what she is borrowing donating to her church to make her realise the error of her ways. And please don't pay her debts anymor
Re: Love and Light by jagunlabi(m): 4:16pm On Apr 27, 2012
Hmmm! This is exactly like living with a chronic GAMBLER, bro. Talk sense into her head or ask for divorce. The choice is yours.
on credit.

Re: Love and Light by Goshen360(m): 4:54pm On Apr 27, 2012
March man: We attend Christ Embassy Church and there is always pressure to give.

PRESSURE TO GIVE! Get out of that church! This is witchcraft. The God's way of giving is "Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver" 2 Corinthians 9:7

March man: I have learnt how to manage these pressures, giving in the context of what i have and my other needs.

You are still TRYING TO USE WISDOM TO MANAGE WITCHCRAFT. Not every where that it called church is where God is worshiped neither is God is everywhere the name of God is mentioned. (incase you need more insight on this statement, ask me and i will explain using verses from the bible,okay)

March man:
Not so for my wife! She often gives all her money by the first week of the month

Well, She is paying tithes OF ALL. This is STILL SCRIPTURAL. Your wife is fulfilling the scriptures, PAYING TITHES OF ALL. NO PROBLEM WITH THIS AT ALL.

March man: and needs to be supported till the end of the month. Because of that, she often owes a lot of her colleagues, and people who sell things to her.

Wait a minute, I thought she MUST have ALSO been taught about Malachi 3:10-12. It says and I quote:

"Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this," Says the LORD of hosts, "If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you [such] blessing That [there will] not [be room] enough [to receive it]. "And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field," Says the LORD of hosts; "And all nations will call you blessed, For you will be a delightful land," Says the LORD of hosts".

I thought the many tithes she had paid in the past would have opened the windows of heaven. I thought there would have been blessing in so much that you guys(husband and wife) will not have any space or room to contain or receive such blessings. I thought the devourer will be rebuked for you guys' sake.BUT LOOK AT THE CONNECTION BETWEEN DEVOURER BEING REBUKED TO THE PROMISED OF "SO THAT THE FRUIT OF YOUR GROUND NOR VINE FAIL TO BEAR FRUIT IN YOUR FIELD".

God is a man that He should lie neither the son of man that He should repent. Paying or giving "money" as tithe doesn't bring the blessings of same blessings of paying/giving "crops/animals" as tithe. Wake up! It's either God is a liar or you guys are doing some wrong. STOP ACTING THE WORD OF GOD AS "CONVINIENT" AND START ACTING THE WORD AS "COMMANDED".

March man:
Recently she took a loan for business but spent almost all of it on CHURCH programmes. Then she bought a lot of things on credit.

Again, I thought by now from the tithe she had been paying; ""And all nations will call you blessed, For you will be a delightful land," Says the LORD of hosts." Mal 3:12. It's either meant what He says or there is a problem somewhere. A tither still borrowing and buying in credit? GOD IS INDEED PROVING HIS WORD AND FALSE TITHE TEACHINGS ARE BEING EXPOSED! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY CONTRARY TO GOD'S PROMISES OF TITHERS. If in true sense, you want to see God's blessing through tithing, go and tithe from crops and animals and then prove God right or wrong.

March man:
Now her creditors are on her neck. She doesn't have the money to give them because her company is deducting heavily from her salary to pay the loan. Yet she pays almost all what is left of her salary on tithe and for other programmes (partnerships)

I have a biblical answer for your wife here at this point. 2 Kings 4:1-6 nkjv

"A certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets cried out to Elisha, saying, "Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that your servant feared the LORD. And the creditor is coming to take my two sons to be his slaves." So Elisha said to her, "What shall I do for you? Tell me, what do you have in the house?" And she said, "Your maidservant has nothing in the house but a jar of oil." Then he said, "Go, borrow vessels from everywhere, from all your neighbors--empty vessels; do not gather just a few. "And when you have come in, you shall shut the door behind you and your sons; then pour it into all those vessels, and set aside the full ones." So she went from him and shut the door behind her and her sons, who brought [the vessels] to her; and she poured [it] out. Now it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said to her son, "Bring me another vessel." And he said to her, "[There is] not another vessel." So the oil ceased".

This is the biblical solutions to your wife's problem as clearly seen in the case of this woman. Tell you wife to get a bottle of oil, go to your pastor and the pastor should give a word that your wife to go borrow vessels from everywhere from her neighbours, empty vessels and she should not gather just few but plenty. Then your wife should come with the bottle of anointing oil and start to pour it into all those vessels. While she does that, each vessels should fill up with oil. She can then take the full vessels and go sell. Then she will have money to pay her creditors and live ON THE REST. GLORY TO GOD! WE SERVE A MIRACLE WORKING GOD. HALLELUJAH!

March man:
I have tried to reason with her on how to give reasonable, but she has refused to follow my advice, saying she doesn't want to be persecuted! Yet she cries everyday to help her settle her debts! ( I have done these several times but this time, i want the follow of her actions to stater her in the face!)

How do you reason with someone who is under witchcraft? Huh? How?. Whatsoever a man sows that shall he also reap. I will be right back for finish up my comments.
Re: Love and Light by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2012
This reminds me a post I read a few months ago:

many months ago Buzugee said:
The lord sees the heart of every nigerian, their intentions, their desires, the priority in their lives, what they worship. He knows all these things. The lord knows 99 percent of nigerians only go to church because they see it as a means to get rich. they see it as a means to success. maybe the lord will bless me with immense wealth and a mercedes benz. maybe the lord will get me a house in lekki so i can oppress people. maybe the lord will get me a rich husband. maybe the lord will get me gucci shoes and armani shirts so i can oppress. this is what over 90 percent of nigerians go to church for. the lord knows this.

Every spirit in every human in the world belongs to God (ecclesiastes 12 vs 7). each spirit has a ying and a yang side. satanic and godly. they balance each other out. So what does the lord do to these nigerians whose sole purpose is to go to church and seek him so they can get wealth ? he ushers in a new wave of preachers called prosperity preachers who will focus on the scripture (malachi 3 vs 10). you have to pay your tithes if you want to be blessed immensely by the lord.

basically the lord is using these preachers to do the opposite of the desires of the heart of these people.he makes sure that whatever it is you go into church for, you will get the opposite of it. you go in there because you want to get rich while you are hiding under the lie that you are there to seek him ? he will use the preachers he has put in place (proverbs 16 vs 4) to make sure that the little money you have will be collected from you in tithing and offerings, and then you will return home worse off than you came to church. he just blessed you with the opposite of your hearts desires because you went seeking wealth and not him. Nothing goes on in this world without the lords sanctions. he is absolutely in charge of everything.

Oyedeopo, oyakhilome, fireman, tb joshua, okotie, etc etc. they all work for and against the lord. they are pawns for the lord. they were uplifted by the lord to the positions they are in so that they can teach the wealth seeking church going masses a lesson. Of course these men had the freewill to reject the mission if they were genuine men of God. They accepted the mission (hence the lord is killing two birds with one stone). setting greedy people up against each other. when the harvest is ripe enough he will harvest with his sickle. Shalom Israel. My brothers and sisters from the tribe of JUDAH BENJAMIN AND LEVI.

The point here is, genuinely seek the lord, and everything else will be added on to you.

LoJ
Re: Love and Light by nuclearboy(m): 5:23pm On Apr 27, 2012
^^ that post by Buzugee was brilliant! Pleae what thread did he say that on? I would like to read in context!

2 Likes

Re: Love and Light by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 27, 2012
Yeah, amazing post by buzugee... the post confuse me well well sha.. but it makes a lot of sense...

1 Like

Re: Love and Light by Ptolomeus(m): 6:34pm On Apr 27, 2012
on credit.

With regard to tithing, I think there are many things that are not good.
My neighbor is the wife of a businessman of great reputation.
She always paid their tithes, which is a very large sum of money.
In January, her husband had to travel and she had problems with the bank account, so that she could not pay tithing on the date stated.
She told the pastor what happened, but to his surprise, the pastor told her that unless she paid the tithe on the date, as penance had oral.sex.
My neighbor was astonished at such a pose ...
I think there are a lot of abuse ... I do not think that's God's ...
Re: Love and Light by Jenwitemi(m): 12:03pm On Apr 28, 2012
God is the kalokalo machine, then. Gambling na sin o!
musKeeto: She's giving to God, GOD will clear all her debts, don't be discouraged, just have faith..
Re: Love and Light by Jenwitemi(m): 12:07pm On Apr 28, 2012
Lol @ oral.sex. Did she agree to give it?
Ptolomeus:

With regard to tithing, I think there are many things that are not good.
My neighbor is the wife of a businessman of great reputation.
She always paid their tithes, which is a very large sum of money.
In January, her husband had to travel and she had problems with the bank account, so that she could not pay tithing on the date stated.
She told the pastor what happened, but to his surprise, the pastor told her that unless she paid the tithe on the date, as penance had oral.sex.
My neighbor was astonished at such a pose ...
I think there are a lot of abuse ... I do not think that's God's ...
Re: Love and Light by OmoPastor(m): 1:33pm On Apr 28, 2012
@ OP

mr husband, are you sure this you story is true?

i can sense the undertone of dislike or more like it; hatred. you are not telling us the truth but you want us to respond to your frivolous post.

am shocked at how some people in the same camp as you jumped at this bait and started rantling in your favour shocked

anyway, i leave you to your pathetic life, so long bro wink
Re: Love and Light by 2good(m): 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2012
OmoPastor: @ OP

mr husband, are you sure this you story is true?

i can sense the undertone of dislike or more like it; hatred. you are not telling us the truth but you want us to respond to your frivolous post.

am shocked at how some people in the same camp as you jumped at this bait and started rantling in your favour shocked

anyway, i leave you to your pathetic life, so long bro wink

You are just so deluded in your religion that you can do anything to defend it's teachings and practices even if it is clearly wrong. What right have you to castigate the OP based strictly on insinuation?
Re: Love and Light by dekung(m): 1:53pm On Apr 28, 2012
@OmoPastor, you hvent said nything just jumping arround. Try and make a point.
@OP,
Stop whatever financial support u give to her and allow people she is owing to close in on her maybe d church would bail her out then
Re: Love and Light by OmoPastor(m): 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2012
@ 2good
You are just so deluded in your religion that you can do anything to defend it's teachings and practices even if it is clearly wrong. What right have you to castigate the OP based strictly on insinuation?

you can be so easily deceived and that, my friend is a mega problem in your life.

@ dekung
@OmoPastor, you hvent said nything just jumping arround. Try and make a point.

my point is very simple and clear: the guy is not telling us the truth cos we've only heard from him.
Re: Love and Light by PastorKun(m): 3:07pm On Apr 28, 2012
OmoPastor:

@ dekung

my point is very simple and clear: the guy is not telling us the truth cos we've only heard from him.

How do you know he is not telling the truth? We hear similar stories from CE members regularly. It is a well known fact that CE put it's members under heavy pressure to give and some members even steal their employer's money just to be able to give to CE.
Re: Love and Light by OmoPastor(m): 5:50pm On Apr 28, 2012
@ pastor kun
How do you know he is not telling the truth?
how do you know he's telling you the truth? o ye simple minded ones shocked

We hear similar stories from CE members regularly.
you and who are the we? who are you story suppliers and how easy you are deceived and still being deceived.

It is a well known fact that CE put it's members under heavy pressure to give and some members even steal their employer's money just to be able to give to CE.
a well known fact?!?! were these your partners in story telling under compulsion to give or were they taken at gun point? they must be people of wrong minds like you. the ones that steal to give are those whose understanding of giving is to be recognised and rewarded instead of doing it genuinely for the kingdom.

2Co 9:6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
2Co 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
2Co 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

so bro, for those that know the secrets behind giving to the kingdom, we cannot stop giving and we can only give more.
Re: Love and Light by ProPastorChris(m): 6:22pm On Apr 28, 2012
@ op
you are a disgrace to the group of people labeled husbands. how are you leading your family while your wife is not following you?
i tend to believe that you only follow your wife to church and not the other way.

sorry to burst your bubble, please take charge of your family and stop inviting others to contribute to what is supposed to be personal matters. i wonder what pushed you to share your family matter with a forum like this?
i can see that you are very weak a husband and your wife must be strong willed as opposed to your jelly will.

wake up bro and take charge of your family.
Re: Love and Light by 2good(m): 6:32pm On Apr 28, 2012
ProPastorChris: @ op
you are a disgrace to the group of people labeled husbands. how are you leading your family while your wife is not following you?
i tend to believe that you only follow your wife to church and not the other way.

sorry to burst your bubble, please take charge of your family and stop inviting others to contribute to what is supposed to be personal matters. i wonder what pushed you to share your family matter with a forum like this?
i can see that you are very weak a husband and your wife must be strong willed as opposed to your jelly will.

wake up bro and take charge of your family.

I am sure you are not married for you to come up with this post. If you are married, I wonder how you run your home!
Re: Love and Light by ProPastorChris(m): 7:01pm On Apr 28, 2012
@ 2good
I am sure you are not married for you to come up with this post. If you are married, I wonder how you run your home!

how can you support coming on a forum like this to discuss such personal issue? dude, can't you see that this guy has been handling his home wrongly?

i believe this is how he goes around discussing his matrimonial problems on every social web site all over the net, such a jelly willed guy
Re: Love and Light by 2good(m): 7:24pm On Apr 28, 2012
ProPastorChris: @ 2good

how can you support coming on a forum like this to discuss such personal issue? dude, can't you see that this guy has been handling his home wrongly?

i believe this is how he goes around discussing his matrimonial problems on every social web site all over the net, such a jelly willed guy

The issue is not coming to a forum but your insulting him about not having control over his wife like we are in the old times when a man's say is final in running a home. Both parties agree on things to be done and not the man alone. Do you expect him to divorce his wife or turn her to a slave just because they have dissenting views on tithing? I guess your main concern about his post lies in your user name "PropastorChris".
Re: Love and Light by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 28, 2012
Idiots... this is an anonymous forum.. he hasnt divulged any information regarding the identity of his family, but religious idiots instead of proferring solutions to his problem, would rather make feeble and spiteful attempts to derail the thread... idiotas...
Re: Love and Light by dekung(m): 7:39pm On Apr 28, 2012
Pastor Kun:

How do you know he is not telling the truth? We hear similar stories from CE members regularly. It is a well known fact that CE put it's members under heavy pressure to give and some members even steal their employer's money just to be able to give to CE.
You do not need to even go far, I was a member of BLW (beleivers love World), the student arm of CE when I was in the University and i know first hand what kind of pressure we were put through even as student to make financial contributions.

i am aware of the pressure, so the husband is actually telling the truth. in fact one of my friends in school lamented to me then that she sowed the money she was supposed to use for her project to the school ministry. When time came to finish up her project, she had to go meet a distant uncle of her to give money. The supposed uncle asked for incentives from her and she was busy cursing the uncle. I told her to change the direction of her curse to the church who deveived her out of her money
Re: Love and Light by Goshen360(m): 7:58pm On Apr 28, 2012
^^^
grin grin grin
Re: Love and Light by ProPastorChris(m): 9:25pm On Apr 28, 2012
@2good
Taking charge of his family does not mean bossing his wife around rather it is doing his respomsibility as the man of the house.
As the man. He is the high priest of his family, his duty is to command his family after God. A man that does not know this will find it difficult to lead his family.
He should learn to give alongside his wife, they ought to agree to give together. On the other hand, if the wife is doing these givings so to be noticed then she is in a big trouble cos she will never come out of her debt. The husband should teach the wife the principle of giving that is if he knows threm himself.
This scenario is a perfect example of a man that is spiritually behind the wife.
The mere fact that the so called husband can come on this forum seeking advise is a clear indication that he is not pary of the church; what of your pastor?

@ dekung
Your friend was spiritually illiterate cos the Word does not fail.
Re: Love and Light by 2good(m): 9:45pm On Apr 28, 2012
ProPastorChris: @2good
Taking charge of his family does not mean bossing his wife around rather it is doing his respomsibility as the man of the house.
As the man. He is the high priest of his family, his duty is to command his family after God. A man that does not know this will find it difficult to lead his family.
He should learn to give alongside his wife, they ought to agree to give together. On the other hand, if the wife is doing these givings so to be noticed then she is in a big trouble cos she will never come out of her debt. The husband should teach the wife the principle of giving that is if he knows threm himself.
This scenario is a perfect example of a man that is spiritually behind the wife.
The mere fact that the so called husband can come on this forum seeking advise is a clear indication that he is not pary of the church; what of your pastor?

@ dekung
Your friend was spiritually illiterate cos the Word does not fail.

I have nothing to tell you because first I don't believe in your God and all the giving attached to your religion. The money I give to people is far more than what most people give to pastors and I am happy when I see my money making people happy than a pastor building an empire on people's donation while many members of his congregation suffers. I can see that you are clearly narrow minded and insulting somebody because they have different views from you. That is the problem you face when you find yourself in the midst of your own kind and never get to mix and interact with people different from you on a global perspective and the next thing you will do is to quote where the bible said "do not be equally yoked with unbelievers". Your believes only lead to segregation and division among people. Also I can see that you are not married and all what you quoted is strictly the theories you've been taught by your pastors and other religious people. I am married to a very religious woman and I am anti religion. That doesn't mean we don't get to work things out for the benefit of the union. When you get married you will understand better.
Re: Love and Light by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 28, 2012
OmoPastor: @ pastor kun

how do you know he's telling you the truth? o ye simple minded ones shocked

you and who are the we? who are you story suppliers and how easy you are deceived and still being deceived.

a well known fact?!?! were these your partners in story telling under compulsion to give or were they taken at gun point? they must be people of wrong minds like you. the ones that steal to give are those whose understanding of giving is to be recognised and rewarded instead of doing it genuinely for the kingdom.

2Co 9:6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
2Co 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
2Co 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

so bro, for those that know the secrets behind giving to the kingdom, we cannot stop giving and we can only give more.

Are you too young to remember a certain Sheraton manager, 35M naira and Mr Oyakhilome?

@OP,stop paying your wife's debts; one can argue that you are technically an enabler

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ / Why Is Christianity The Most Divided Religion? / Monday Bible Study (DCLM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.