Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's (16025 Views)

NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / Compare And Contrast Channels Television And AIT. / NTA News and Radio Nigeria On Your Desktop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by not2long(m): 8:19pm On Apr 27, 2012
i just remember programmes that i watched when i was little kid that was interesting and i couldn't help but wish i could bring back old time.these are my favorite ones:
Radio: Ogun State Radio(ogbc) every Friday 8 pm: iriri aye by Kola Olawuyi(RIP) ,even though the programme scared me like hell i never missed it, with its scaring underground music.
Television: i can never forget NTA then,when it was still bubbling,i always look forward to tales by moon light every Sunday by 6pm.
'ROYCO LADUN',also a Sunday programme on NTA every evening was a bomb then.
Also,Cyrils Stober and Tokunbo Ajai (RIP) casting the news plus news line that everybody always wanted to watch, also 'telly match' that is mostly shown on public holidays was always what i looked forward to.
Pls you guys can share your favorite and interesting TV and radio programmes when growing up.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by spothot: 12:15pm On Apr 29, 2012
As a child then i loved the 'robin hood' series on NTA and the cartoon 'voltron' also on the same station. As for the yoruba programs, i loved 'feyi kogbon' and 'erin keeke' by baba suwe

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by babaowo: 12:16pm On Apr 29, 2012
Gbenga Adeboye alias "funwontan" Every saturday on radio lagos then, the guy is legend! With all his comedy drama,he is d only1 performing many scripts,he was a talented guy,he is d 1 acting like itu babaita, laisi abesupinle,just too funny,he first died nd some days later woke up to live,b4 he finally died and never wake again.....R.I.P Olugbenga omo Adeboye.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by kiyosaki1(m): 12:23pm On Apr 29, 2012
Checkmate with stars like RMD and Ego Boyo
Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by diamondlove: 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2012
Ayamatanga
Isawuru
Secret of d sand I.e ruth & racheal
Chuckles
I miss passions too, charity, miguel, timi oh my, lots mehn

6 Likes

Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by ayojango(m): 12:34pm On Apr 29, 2012
Bassey and Co
Super ted on NTA
Also Muppet babies every sat on NTA cha 5.

I also loved kwayi benue states troupe performance
Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by Maxymilliano(m): 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2012
My favorites on Tv: Return of the innocent featuring Simon Templars, The Persuaders featuring Roger Moore, Sesame streets, Some mother's do ve them featuring Frank Spencer, Rent 'a' ghost, Tales by Moonlight, Doctor Who, Robin Hood, Dempsey and Makepeace, Moonlightning (Bruce Willis), Matlocks, New Masquerade, Voltron, Thunderbirds, Space 1999, Terror Hawks, Incredible hawks, Godzilla.

Can't remember much of the radio programs but OGBC 2 was the bomb way back in the early 90s...

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by rejoke(f): 12:41pm On Apr 29, 2012
ukodo show
Williwilli
geringori
Jagua

Those ar my favorite
Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by bestads(m): 12:42pm On Apr 29, 2012
search for the old tv programmes on youtube.com
Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by Tos87(m): 12:46pm On Apr 29, 2012
For me i can forget WIRI-WIRI on NTA used to be scary then,THE VILLAGE HEADMASTER,JAGWA(RIP)TALES By MOONLIGHT,those i can remember.
Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by AbdulAdam56(m): 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2012
Tos87: For me i can forget WIRI-WIRI on NTA used to be scary then,THE VILLAGE HEADMASTER,JAGWA(RIP)TALES By MOONLIGHT,those i can remember.
well sha 4me o i can rember,robin hood,power rangers,dr who,tanko daruje,eye witnees.Many
Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 29, 2012
Robin hood. Superforce. Telly match. Dr who. Dodo. Rent a ghost. Tales by moonlight. Cadbury breakfast show. I watched wili wili once, got scared like hell and shouted at mom to switch off the t.v and never watched it again.

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by deandavid(m): 1:26pm On Apr 29, 2012
nta akure-story line, baba sala nd voltron. Osrc-royco sunday show, ultimate power, mr spencer, mind ur language series. Good old days.
Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 29, 2012
All old-school cartoons were my favourite including Tom and Jerry. Then this yoruba drama “baba kuete“ i wonder where d guy is now? Also, baba okondo.... Many of ‘em.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by Zi: 1:34pm On Apr 29, 2012
Bill Cosby show

1 Like

Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by Olalekan0(m): 1:45pm On Apr 29, 2012
Sledge Hammer(Trust me,i know what am doing),Cosby show,cadbury breakfast show,speak out,bournvita brain match(I won the inauguaral edition for my school),passions,kids say the darndest things,tales by moonlight,palace and candle light
Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 29, 2012
Radio: straight from the heart (ray power)

Tv:Bassey and company.
The village head master.
Checkmate
Tales by moonlight
Palace

Foriegn TV P: The bold and beautiful
The rich also cry
Sledge hammer
Passions
Secret of the Sand

1 Like

Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by sebanaco(m): 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2012
I can vivdly remember Tales by moon light, Eerin keke baba suwe, mr spencer, The rich also cry, Kunta kunte, yemi my lover, Robin hood, check mate, fadeyi oloro, and so all. ;DI can vivdly remember Tales by moon light, Eerin keke baba suwe, mr spencer, The rich also cry, Kunta kunte, yemi my lover, Robin hood, check mate, fadeyi oloro, and so all.
Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by iceberg54: 2:07pm On Apr 29, 2012
AJJ: All old-school cartoons were my favourite including Tom and Jerry. Then this yoruba drama “baba kuete“ i wonder where d guy is now? Also, baba okondo.... Many of ‘em.

yeah, i remember too. Baba kuete- i think it was on galaxy tv ibadan. The guy was soooo funny.
I also loved super ted, telly match, tom and jerry etc
Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by iceberg54: 2:08pm On Apr 29, 2012
AJJ: All old-school cartoons were my favourite including Tom and Jerry. Then this yoruba drama “baba kuete“ i wonder where d guy is now? Also, baba okondo.... Many of ‘em.

yeah, i remember too. Baba kuete- i think it was on galaxy tv ibadan. The guy was soooo funny.
I also loved super ted, telly match, tom and jerry etc and royco ladun too.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by kombats: 2:08pm On Apr 29, 2012
this topic has been discuss so many time on NL. Pls try and use d search button b4 posting. Thx
Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by 1Dray(m): 2:08pm On Apr 29, 2012
On NTA Kaduna way back 80's to 90's... Maganan Jari, Things fall apart, Tales by moon light, Voltron, The Masquarade, Wili Wili, India films, Alero, Cadbury breakfast show, Newsline wt Frank( its 9pm, do u knw wia ur kids r nw?), Checkmate, Samenja... And many more

1 Like

Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by cogsej06(m): 2:16pm On Apr 29, 2012
Beyoung Our Dreams characters were Chief odietee i.e alex osifo, aniet i.e benita nzeribe, spako, After the Storm characters include stanly obasele, teacher chike. N offcourse the masquerade
Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by ebogentle(m): 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2012
Winds of Destiny
Supple blues
Ripples
No one but you
Wild rose
The lady of the rose
Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 29, 2012
Long throat no good o, wayo na sabotage if you no go helep Nigeria na your shame be that. Your vote na your power make you no throway am o, person wey de cry no dey see road o. Radio Nigeria 3 na d ppls station o, na our language we take dey hold our ppl together o so dat we go be like salt and pepper wey no dey fight inside pot o..... I can go on and on, how could i have forgotten my favourite radio station and the likes of Vitalis Ndubuisi, Bisi Olatilo, Peter Chima Egwuatu etc. Those who were born or reside in Lagos in the 80s should know these songs. Best tv programs Checkmate, Behind the cloud, Robin hood, Bank of the North, koto orun, kunta kunte, No one but you, New Masquerade etc. The list is quite enormous that i wish i could turn back the hands of time.
Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by stagger: 2:56pm On Apr 29, 2012
Cock Crow At Dawn - 1982
Ripples - 1988 - 1993
Voltron - 1985 - 1990
Contact 3-2-1 - 1983/84
Sesame Street - the 70s and early 80s
Kwagh Hir (a Tiv Dance program in the 80s)
Ojo Ladipo Theatre (Oga Bello, Papi Luwe, etc)
Tele Match (the German game show).

Ohhh, I just feel like crying remembering my years of childhood with nostalgia; a period when I had not a care in the world..

1 Like

Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2012
Oh no! how could i have forgotten the best among equals, Things fall apart and the center can not hold mere anarchy is loosed upon the land.
Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by chucky234(m): 4:10pm On Apr 29, 2012
NAIJA:
Wili Wili
Jagwa
Papiluwe
Checkmate
Abija
Tales by moonlight
Things fall apart
Village headmaster
Sun in the mirror

FOREIGN:
Bill Cosby Show
Prince of Belair
Family Affair
New Generation
The Swam princess
Darkwin Duck
Murphet puppets
Goofy
All dogs go to heaven
Mr. Spencer
Robin hood
Votron
Arab adventure (cartoon)
No one but you
Lady of the Rose
Wild Rose
Kunta Kunte
Kids say the dandest thing by Bill Cosby
Renta Ghost
Superted
Super Rangers
Turtle Ninjas
Lost in Space
Superman and his amazing friends
Biker Mice
Casper the Little Ghost
Batman and the mask (cartoons)
Aladin,and Ghost story were also amazing in the 90s

Can't remember all,it was fun as we had a cable satellite connected to our 32inch black and white TV( but changed it to 36 inch Philip colour TV in 1989 ) from our American neighbours at Robinson close (now Simisola Estate) in Apapa.
The TV was so heavy that we had invite the entire neighbourhood to help us lift it into a waiting vehicle when we were relocating from Apapa to Harley Street in Obalende,its was funny and interesting because we were the only that had a colour TV in the whole of our new building at Obalende with a Toshiba video cassette player.
I use to collect money from children to watch films once my parents leave for work and they were more than willing to pay just to watch india films.
We had Tufan,Ghazam,Lionman and the white witch,e.t.c ,growing up was so much fun.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by Olalekan0(m): 4:12pm On Apr 29, 2012
Secret of the sand,wind of destiny
Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 29, 2012
ok let me start with the ffg.

on Mondays we watch local prog on NTA
kidivision 101
tuesdays : speak out

foreign soap: Wild rose
Lady of the rose
Isaura the slave girl,
G force
Pingu
Things fall apart
Behind the cloud in the 80s
Secret of the sand
The rich also cry
New masquerade
Re: Interesting Television And Radio Programmes In The 1990's by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 29, 2012
on Thursdays at 10pm we watched Tour of duty

by 11pm we watch PSI love you

AIT family circle

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oscars 2024: Full List Of Winners / How Can I Control My Gotv Without Remote To Menu / >>>The Blacklist Official Fan Page<<<

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.