Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

... - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / ... (2117 Views)

Who Remembers This Movie ??? (see Pic) / Can Anyone Recall The Title Of This Movie????? / What Does A Movie Script Look Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by edetcnn(m): 2:50am On Nov 10, 2007
Re: ... by Seun(m): 11:24am On Nov 10, 2007
The Nigerian movie market is full of melodramas. Why can't we have more action movies and intelligent comedies?
Re: ... by RobbieLex: 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2007
This is not much of a synopsis, it doesnt say much, all it does is play around with words, it;s more like a poetry piece than a synopsis, a synopsis is and should be sorta like a mini hook that makes your potential buyer want to buy your script or make a potential reader read your script, it shouldnt be vague and at the same time it shouldn't be too revealing, why don't you try rewriting your synopsis without sounding melodramtic like the last poster said,

Why limit yourself to a less than 50k figure, if you are half as good as you say you are then who knows how much someone might be willing to pay for your script,
Re: ... by Seun(m): 6:38pm On Dec 10, 2007
If the script is worth 50K, nothing wrong with admitting that. But is it worth 50k?
Re: ... by iice(f): 10:51am On Dec 11, 2007

The Nigerian movie market is full of melodramas.

Indeed!  Not that i think many of the movies have a distinctive genre.  They seem to roll everything into one, with romance taking the dominant role.  This is what i remember from my fleeting glimpse into nollywood movies.  Might have changed but from various readings, i doubt that.
Re: ... by angel4care: 11:31am On Dec 11, 2007
i quite agree with iice,but there is alwaya a room for improvement
Re: ... by edetcnn(m): 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2007
I had posted the topic and mission accomplished, all but forgotten about it, so I was pleasantly surprised when I logged on and saw the feedbacks.

I had actually gotten a producer and we are presently working with the director to put finishing touches to the shooting draft.

@Robbie Lex I admit you made a very good point in my limiting myself with the 50k, but truth be told, I’d only added that to serve as a benchmark. Besides, the main priority here is to get a launch pad to show how good you are. For a public forum like this, I think what I put up should serve its purpose, which is: whet appetites to write and demand for more. And it did. Thanks all the same.Thanks all the same.

@ Seun, I’d hoped my topic wouldn’t attract your attention. I’m flattered that it did. And one of the many reasons why we are not yet ready for Action movies is that it still only in Nollywood that you see a 5-minute car shoot-out and after the whole shots, bros watch well, no glass go break!
So until we have the SFX to convincingly pull of the stunts, I tell you, the best bet is to weave a thrilling plot around your everyday Nigerian family. And believe me Oga seun, the market for good melodramas (I think you meant family dramas), are grossly underexploited. And if you think the market is full of melodramas please tell me what you will call the bulk of Hollywood films.

On comedy, while I think a sitcom is a brave attempt, to most Nigerians (I mean the Nollywood patrons) the notion of comedy is simply split between Opa Williams’ night of a thousand laughs (or its many knock offs), and aki and paw-paw Onitsha productions and their likes. Like I earlier said, it is laudable, but I doubt the commercial sustainability of a sitcom on TV now with the prevalence of Mexican soaps.
Re: ... by GODISSON: 9:12pm On Jul 03, 2008
edetcnn:

Hello,
If you are interested in investing in a movie script or you are an executive producer with 4M to invest in,
and a minimum patience leash of 2 months to craft a visual masterpiece, you might consider judging me based on the
synopsis from this work for which I am looking for passionate investors to bring to life:

THE SYNOPSIS
Four lives lost.
Three destinies rewritten!

It all started as a rekindling of a long lost friendship…
The greed that turned an Esther into a Jezebel…
The Conspiracy that required the slow and agonizing death of a promising youth…
The lust that made a lifesaver became a death monger…
The betrayal that turned a Saint’s heart to steel…

And the immortal flame ignited when two miserable souls found one another,
days ahead of the similar deaths destined to conquer each of them.

How does one live, waiting for death?
Why must deception always feed on trust?
What sacrifices must a man be willing to make for a woman?
What is the limit to what a mother can endure?
How does one go on after great Tragedy?
Welcome to FEARSHOCK! (WORKING TITLE)

For interested investors, I’ll send a script summary and a 2 page excerpts from the script.
Send me an e-mail to edyfrienslink@yahoo.com; or text (only) 08053263447

I may also consider screenplaying your stories if I find them to be what I call “attention wrenchers”
(for which I take one month from the date I get your brief and receive your 50% commitmment fee, to deliver).
However, I’m not really inclined towards comedy for now. And please if you pay less than 50K for movie scripts, you don’t need me. wink

Thank you.

DUDE, GET A LIFE! GET A JOB!

What do you mean by all that?

YOU SHOULD GO INTO MUSIC OR SOEMTHING, I AM SURE YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE IT. BUT AS FOR MOVIES, FORGET ABOUT IT. YOU ARE WHACK, YOU ARE A QUACK!

Do something with your life and time and stop fantasizing about money and movies.

AND IF I WAS A PRODUCER, I WOULD NOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO THAT POEM YOU CALL A SCRIPT SYNOPSIS
Re: ... by Seun(m): 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2008
DUDE, GET A LIFE! GET A JOB!

What do you mean by all that?

Can you do better?
Re: ... by powerofmap(m): 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2008
@GODISSON, Men guy no try ooh, Can you do better? Shey you even know wetin dem dey call Synopsis? You think say na Poem be that Ode Oshi.
Re: ... by ekusman(m): 11:52pm On Jul 31, 2008
my guy, you made a fool of yourself at that thing you called synopsis. abi which one you dey sef ?
Re: ... by tedypine(f): 12:13am On Aug 13, 2008
exactly.godisson.can u even be half dat creative?/edet.i think ur script is ok.i hope the movie or whateva cums owt very well.

(1) (Reply)

20 Nollywood Stars That’ll Rock 2010 / Photos: Kwese TV Launches Cable TV Service In Nigeria / Hot Model And Actress Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.