Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,255 members, 7,780,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:17 PM

Nigerians And 'rankadede' Mentality - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians And 'rankadede' Mentality (2432 Views)

Nigerians And Fake Foreign Accents / Crab Mentality / Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians And 'rankadede' Mentality by AjanleKoko: 8:41am On Apr 28, 2012
Africans, nay Nigerians, seem to be inflicted with a shameless praise-singing mentality.
There is always unabashed praise for public figures, politicians, sportsmen, religious leaders, or even internet bloggers. We just can't seem to be able to hold back the praise.

'Ride On My Father', 'Nothing Do You', and other such phrases usually form the bulk of responses to statements made by public figures. No matter how asinine or ridiculous the statement is, very few people bother to ask questions, and when they do, there is always a chorus of praise-singers queueing up to beat down the 'dissenter'.

I have to say, it looks like the majority of our people operate without thinking, or automatic adulation of promoted public figures seem to be wired into our psyche, or culture? Which is it exactly? I'm stumped.

Personally I feel it is ridiculous. What I'm interested in discussing is, why do people round these parts behave that way?
Re: Nigerians And 'rankadede' Mentality by ifyalways(f): 5:40pm On Apr 28, 2012
IMO,its poverty.There is an exception sha,some people are born as ar.selickers.

The ones i see around me,i believe its poverty.A hungry man would say anything just to get a few pennies off you.

The funny thing is that the people that would follow you around,use their 'fila' to dust your car,scream 'jeun soke,file na chairman be dis' lol etc are same set of people that would heap curses on you if you fail to throw some naira notes their way.
Re: Nigerians And 'rankadede' Mentality by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 28, 2012
and in the workplace. . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows This Great Fulani Diet / We Need This Custom In Nigeria! / Nostalgia Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.