Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! (15870 Views)

Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? / MASSIVE UNEMPLOYMENT LOOMS MTN NIGERIA: 4,500 STAFF TO LOSE THEIR JOBS!!! / Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by feelamong(m): 2:35pm On Apr 28, 2012
Another sad day in the banking industry...More than 500 staff of FINBANK asked to resign by the new owners FCMB!!!
Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by klas(m): 7:00pm On Apr 28, 2012
Only some were given option of resigning. many were sacked outright and in any case even those who were asked to resign were promptly replaced even without writing the letter
Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 28, 2012
Oh! God of creation..: (
Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 28, 2012
Really, this isn't good news... Just a few days back, twas Zenith bank laying off hundreds of her staff members. Now, it's FinBANK. I thought this era of mass retrenchment was over...
Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by enienghan(m): 9:03pm On Apr 28, 2012
Sad. We all hold our destiny in our hands
Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by puplin(f): 9:12pm On Apr 28, 2012
It's expected, stuffs like this happens after mergers and acquisitions. Trust me, more to come...by the time the nationalised banks are solid off too.
Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by Shikashi: 9:43pm On Apr 28, 2012
what do we expect, when we are running a cashless society? That means machines now do the banking for us, why the banks now recruit only marketers. I think thats only logical.

4 Likes

Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by damilola15: 10:40pm On Apr 28, 2012
Sad.

Working in the banking sector is not something I considered and would probably not.

It is one of the most vulnerable sector to lay-offs.
Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by hardywaltz(m): 10:41pm On Apr 28, 2012
In a country of close to 167million why is cbn desperately trying to make sure they are only about 2banks left, during Soludo's era we had 21 or so surviving banks now i think its less than 15. In the future we may end up with 2 big monsters as banks.

2 Likes

Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by omoghana22: 10:52pm On Apr 28, 2012
if they dont sack, how can they achieve the 100,000 jobs as promised by GEJ. at the send they will say they have created jobs. it is a big pity. he go betta......make una cool down.
Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by bestads(m): 10:58pm On Apr 28, 2012
[b]SALARY WILL ALWAYS BE SLAVERY[/b]No matter the position,the amount or the company.

These lay-offs in the banking sector and other companies is for us that are unemployed or employed to start our own business...that is the only way out

4 Likes

Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by Soundmind(m): 11:01pm On Apr 28, 2012
I hope Sanusi is hearing of LL these mess.
He should be ready to donate money to the sacked staff of these banks.

1 Like

Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by deleo16(m): 11:13pm On Apr 28, 2012
global recession of course spain and france unemployment rate high and so many more God help us
Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by wine4dguy: 11:28pm On Apr 28, 2012
I never wanted to make dis statement but no matter the situation it is right i make dis confession that THESE ARE SIGNS OF ENDTIME...ask God for grace to make it through

2 Likes

Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by kawkab: 11:34pm On Apr 28, 2012
Is this what banking reform is all about, Firs Intercontinental, then Zenith now FinBank; what is up next

1 Like

Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by chimuchi(f): 11:37pm On Apr 28, 2012
[size=38pt]Sanusisation continues...[/size]

2 Likes

Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by 2good(m): 11:50pm On Apr 28, 2012
wine4dguy: I never wanted to make dis statement but no matter the situation it is right i make dis confession that THESE ARE SIGNS OF ENDTIME...ask God for grace to make it through

What is the relationship between things of the world and end time? Its better you don't comment than saying nonesense

2 Likes

Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by realpeople: 11:53pm On Apr 28, 2012
Boko Haram Members increasing[/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size][color=#990000][/color]
Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by member479760: 12:00am On Apr 29, 2012
We need to go back to that place we ran from - FARMING

4 Likes

Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 29, 2012
Dis s nt fair! Why r u doin dis τ̅☺ my people?
Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by ceejayluv(m): 12:06am On Apr 29, 2012
wine4dguy: I never wanted to make dis statement but no matter the situation it is right i make dis confession that THESE ARE SIGNS OF ENDTIME...ask God for grace to make it through
Bovine droppings!!
Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 29, 2012
The banking industry is the most unstable place for anyone to work in. The fast evolving IT industry and cashless policies promotes human involvement in banking. More people will lose jobs when banks install deposit ATMs soon. I advise every banker, yes, every banker and other persons in the job market, to get skill set and service oriented know-how and start a little something.

3 Likes

Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by GboyegaD(m): 12:54am On Apr 29, 2012
This is what comes after merger. Quite a number of people have lost their job in the banking sector this year. I do not support the argument that banks are reducing because of cashless economies as they would need to employ more people to oversee and suppor the devices for the adopted technology. I think what most banks are doing is laying off staff and recruiting new ones at a lower cost.

1 Like

Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by iykay4455(m): 1:13am On Apr 29, 2012

What the hell has this got to do with endtime?
Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by purefella(m): 1:15am On Apr 29, 2012
What?! that will surely increase numbers of okada riders again grin , make una dey wear helmet when una don start sha to protect your head wey AC don dey take care of and now its SUN cheesy

1 Like

Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by otokx(m): 2:58am On Apr 29, 2012
This is one of the traits of capitalism so no hard feelings.
Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 29, 2012
purefella: What?! that will surely increase numbers of okada riders again grin , make una dey wear helmet when una don start sha to protect your head wey AC don dey take care of and now its SUN cheesy

shocked choi!
Guy you harsh o! grin
Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by sizzlers(m): 3:57am On Apr 29, 2012
it's so sad, i have said it b4 and i wil say it again, the only way man got to survive 4 dis 9ja na enterpreneurship that's all. I am a living witness and am more happier nw, have all the time 4 my self to go wherever i want to go, no big head to breath down my neck frm behind. Guys sorry 4 ur loss may God see u guys 2ru.
Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by ade101(m): 5:18am On Apr 29, 2012
Self-employment is d way out.Depending on positn in any company is a high risk venture in this country.By Allah's Power,I will probably be a graduate by next year,I may not be in the right positn to make this assertn,but i dont live in d fantasy of seeing myself workn for someone else in any multinationl complex.I have been determined to have a buisnes outlet of my own since my year 2 in the versity and since then,every indicatn has supported the fact that i am right.No wonder i hardly miss a day in the business sectn of NL.

1 Like

Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by dolwellyahoo: 5:56am On Apr 29, 2012
I really don't know the general objective of this cbn governor, since he took on that office, people who were working are now back to the streets. He killed hitv, when they needed loan to buy the rights to show the English league, no Bank was able to give them, so tht buz died, then ranging from one level of retrenchment to another in Banks. Even his participation in d removal of subsidy earlier in the year shows tht this man is an agent of darkness sent by d devil to implement anti people policies. Look at it yourself, a lot of pple are back to the streets and yet d nation is backwards. Nobody is asking if his policies are in the best interest of Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by gulfer: 5:57am On Apr 29, 2012
OlowoTee: Oh! God of creation..: (
Direct our noble cause!
Re: More Than 500 Staff Of FINBANK Sacked!!! by jobaskia(m): 6:27am On Apr 29, 2012
Everyone got increase his or her creativity. It has clearly shown that the govt did not like us in anyway. Capitalism hasi been the bedrock of the economy. You could imagine when a bank spend so much on their directors- their take home worth 100mlion evry month, rentin houses in choice areas. The private sector is also been run like govt , no prudence or being frugal on their part. So if they want 2 cut cost they will pounce on the staff as d major target to reduce cost whereas they don't look at their spending frivolities. Law of karma will surely take it full curse on them . We are watching

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do You Do For A Living ??? / He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! / The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.