Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,921 members, 7,799,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. (19642 Views)

'I'm Childless! But, My Landlady Is Pregnant For My Husband!' / 'my Husband Rented A Flat For Our Maid' - Wife / My Neighbour And His Fiancee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 1:42pm On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

Yes! We are all guilty in enabling that kind of menace because if you look in almost every household in Nigeria you will find out that there is a slave worker hiding in the back room somewhere, including yours romeo! So come off your high horse. Are your parents breaking their own firewood, fetching their own water or cooking their own food in the village or wherever they live?

If you knew who Mike Tyson was--you will not echo that reference from nwando. It just goes to show that you lack the concept of analytical reasoning. I will just pretend I did not see a reference to Mike Tyson anywhere on this website! James Ibori was a bouncer at a London Night club? undecided So what has that got to do with the price of oil in Kuwait? Please you guys to stick to topic rationally and keep your cheap "emoticons" at home. We are not running a "Red Cross Foundation" here. Go and petition your local government chair persons to look into the future of your domestic worker relatives!

Once again,

Happy Holidays! kiss

Your irrational reasoning will not let you see beyond your ugly nose grin grin, i have never had and i will never have a "maid" in the Nigerian context, God forbid bad thing!!! I have no relatives as "maids" except me that is a houseboy in Spain LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

the truth about Mike Tyson: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/article-11621981-details/I%27m+a+street+bum%2C+says+broke+Tyson/article.do;jsessionid=kzQ2HTycSrTFG5p5vpVd0ZZ4LpKdNk0np8P9mv1yTLfcbWjvthJy!958124388!-1407319224!7001!-1

Boxing legend Mike Tyson has been sleeping in homeless shelters and living like a 'street bum' since declaring himself bankrupt.

The former heavyweight champion of the world, who once had more than £165million in the bank and regularly earned £5million per fight, also said he has been accepting handouts from drug dealers.

He added: 'For two years I have been a bum, truly a bum in the streets.

'I've got nowhere to live. I've been crashing with friends, literally sleeping in shelters. Unsavoury characters are giving me money and I'm taking it. I need it. The drug dealers, they sympathise with me. They see me as some sort of pathetic character.'

Tyson, who will be 38 on Wednesday, will fight British boxer Danny Williams on July 30 in an attempt to make some money.

But he is so deeply in debt that even the £7.6million to be paid to him by promoter Don King to settle a lawsuit will not lift him out of the red.

He said: 'When I had money I was an animal. I was so belligerent. I lost all across the board. My life has been a total waste.'

Tyson, who served three years in jail for rape in the 1990s and who bit off part of Evander Holyfield's ear during a 1997 fight, still thinks he can be heavyweight champion again.

He added: 'I know I was a tough, bad-ass talking fighter, but I ain't no mob figure. I did my time for the rape. I paid my money to Las Vegas. I paid my dues.

'I ain't the same person I was when I bit that guy's ear off.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2007
What is the point you are trying to put past your beerriful nose with this Tyson story?  Do you have similar fairy tales to tell us in Nigeria? tongue

In a Nigerian context?  What context are we discussing.

You will never have a maid?  But your parents employ the services of one when you visit to wash your feet abi? undecided

And your point with the Tyson lecture is?

Frankly my dear, you are not very bright!  Please stick to Igbo threads for you own good--where you can chant your stuff comfortably at will! kiss You are abjectly incapable of cyber dialogue-ing in the "English Language"!
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by jababy(m): 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2007
At least you all know who is responsible,Some people should visit the tailor to tell him to face his responsibilities, christmas don reach,tailor dey get money well well this period, Please she should be taken to the tailor to take care of her.

Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 2:09pm On Nov 29, 2007
jababy:

At least you all know who is responsible,Some people should visit the tailor to tell him to face his responsibilities, christmas don reach,tailor dey get money well well this period, Please she should be taken to the tailor to take care of her.

And how do you know for real that it is the tailor across the street without a DNA test. Did it occur to you that one or more of the males in the neighbourhood, including the poster's father, brothers, cousins and what else could be molesting this young girl? undecided Even the pastor? Like it does not happen all the time in Nigeria?

The easiest person to blame of course is the tailor--another unfortunate misfit of the society with a very dim future!

Na so e be now!

Gosh! What a country!
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by jintujinta(m): 2:09pm On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

Yes! We are all guilty in enabling that kind of menace because if you look in almost every household in Nigeria you will find out that there is a slave worker hiding in the back room somewhere, including yours romeo! So come off your high horse. Are your parents breaking their own firewood, fetching their own water or cooking their own food in the village or wherever they live?

Hmmm, good question? Let me add another one. Will he also wash his car when he comes home? No, i dont think he will. he will be too big to do that. So he will need a "domestic worker" to do that for him. But how much do you think he is going to pay that "domestic worker"? Well, it doesnt matter even if the so called domestic worker is on part time basis till he leaves for espa, It doesnt also matter if the "domestic worker" is the child of his next door neighbour in the village. the fact is that he will do the dirty job that the Oga from abroad can not do. Well, he will be magnanimous to give the "domestic worker" N100.00 because it looks so much valuable in his village. But he will not see it as slavery because the "domestic worker" does not live with him and is on part time basis.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, i hold my peace!
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 2:13pm On Nov 29, 2007
jintujinta:

Hmmm, good question? Let me add another one. Will he also wash his car when he comes home? No, i don't think he will. he will be too big to do that. So he will need a "domestic worker" to do that for him. But how much do you think he is going to pay that "domestic worker"? Well, it doesnt matter even if the so called domestic worker is on part time basis till he leaves for espa,

It doesnt also matter if the "domestic worker" is the child of his next door neighbour in the village. the fact is that he will do the dirty job that the Oga from abroad can not do. Well, he will be magnanimous to give the "domestic worker" N100.00 because it looks so much valuable in his village. But he will not see it as slavery because the "domestic worker" does not live with him and is on part time basis.

Let him be playing St. Nwanchukwu romeo.  I say he won't even pick his own grey hair sticking out of his nose!!!!!

Big man for Spain! The biggest hypocrites are often the greatest champions of lost causes!
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 2:16pm On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

You will never have a maid? But your parents employ the services of one when you visit to wash your feet abi? undecided
Frankly my dear, you are not very bright! Please stick to Igbo threads for you own good--where you can chant your stuff comfortably at will! kiss You are abjectly incapable of cyber dialogue-ing in the "English Language"!

I don't need anybody to wash my feet like you do, what has being bright got to do with knowing the truth and saying it? hahahhahaha now i know that you are a fool by just mentioning English language. English language is a language of the English people and i am not one nor do i reside there, but i am still comfortable with it grin grin
I am a proud igbo boy and i like writing in igbo language grin!! do you have a problem with that? ugly retarded slave owner
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2007
romeo:

I don't need anybody to wash my feet like you do, what has being bright got to do with knowing the truth and saying it? hahahhahaha now i know that you are a fool by just mentioning English language. English language is a language of the English people and i am not one nor do i reside there, but i am still comfortable with it grin grin
I am a proud igbo boy and i like writing in igbo language grin!! do you have a problem with that? ugly retarded slave owner

You are a proud igbo boy?  It may interest you to know that child traficking and under age employment is very prevalent in your area and you should go there first and write all these your concerns in your Igwe's palace! Hypocrite!  Are not the ones that keep little children for years with you in the cities as they "learn trade" only to default in paying your indentured servants after so many years of service! Crooks!  Infact, you should not even be typing anything here. Nonsense!  The chief area in Nigeria that encourages child slavery and civil rights abuse!  All those your jibiti spare part dealers and container loaders with small children slaving away in the name of learning "trade"!

Learning trade!!!  Trade learners!!!
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2007
jintujinta:

Hmmm, good question? Let me add another one. Will he also wash his car when he comes home? No, i don't think he will. he will be too big to do that. So he will need a "domestic worker" to do that for him. But how much do you think he is going to pay that "domestic worker"? Well, it doesnt matter even if the so called domestic worker is on part time basis till he leaves for espa, It doesnt also matter if the "domestic worker" is the child of his next door neighbour in the village. the fact is that he will do the dirty job that the Oga from abroad can not do. Well, he will be magnanimous to give the "domestic worker" N100.00 because it looks so much valuable in his village. But he will not see it as slavery because the "domestic worker" does not live with him and is on part time basis.

Hahahahahahhaa these two are wacks!! how can a self confessed houseboy in Spain buy a car? Besides i wash my car myself and i do not need anybodies help to do that

almondjoy:

Let him be playing St. Nwanchukwu romeo. I say he won't even pick his own grey hair sticking out of his nose!!!!!

Big man for Spain! The biggest hypocrites are often the greatest champions of lost causes!

I am not a big man but wouldn't mind being one, but with human feelings. It's not a lost cause together we can do something to stop it and make life better for all regardles of social status
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2007
romeo:

Hahahahahahhaa these two are wacks!! how can a self confessed houseboy in Spain buy a car? Besides i wash my car myself and i do not need anybodies help to do that

I am not a big man but wouldn't mind being one, but with human feelings. It's not a lost cause together we can do something to stop it and make life better for all regardles of social status

Please cut out the crap! Most of us living outside Nigeria do not have "maids" either! So what makes you special? Please answer the question and stop beating about Nairaland cyber bush!

Do your parents and family members not have under-age servants working for them. Oh Glorious Spanish Citizen!
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

You are a proud igbo boy? It may interest you to know that child traficking and under age employment is very prevalent in your area and you should go there first and write all these your concerns in your Igwe's palace! Hypocrite! Are not the ones that keep people for years as as the "learn trade" only to default in paying your indentured servants after so many years of service! Infact, you should not even be typing anything here. Nonsense! The chief area in Nigeria that encourages child slavery and civil rights abuse! All those your jibiti spare part dealers and container loaders with small children slaving away in the name of learning "trade"!

Learning trade!!! Trade learners!!!

I am a Nigerian and i am fighting against injustice on a national level and i did not mention any Geo-Zone and your level of ignorance beats me, do you use your brain and hand when writing or just your hand alone? hahahaha this girl is foolish OHH MY OHH MY hahahaa.

I am not denying that my igbo people use small kids as slaves in their shops, or that even the Hausas do the same in many other ways or even the Yorubas and the rest ethnic nationalities in Nigeria, but my concern is how to stop it . That i think can not stop me from being a Proud igbo boy.

So stop looking for excuses to enslave people
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by jababy(m): 2:41pm On Nov 29, 2007
@almondjoy
And how do you know for real that it is the tailor across the street without a DNA test. Did it occur to you that one or more of the males in the neighbourhood, including the poster's father, brothers, cousins and what else could be molesting this young girl? Even the pastor? Like it does not happen all the time in Nigeria?

The easiest person to blame of course is the tailor--another unfortunate misfit of the society with a very dim future!

I was not guessing when I said the tailor is responsible, the source of the story stated that clearly.Why waste money on a DNA test we can hardly get in the country.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

Please cut out the crap! Most of us living outside Nigeria do not have "maids" either! So what makes you special? Please answer the question and stop beating about Nairaland cyber bush!

Do your parents and family members not have under-age servants working for them. Oh Glorious Spanish Citizen!

Are you stupid or what? can't you read a simple post? but i will repeat again: there is no under-aged or over-aged servant in my home. Comprendes?

Please i am not a Spanish citizen and i did not say such here and i don't know where you are getting that from
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by jababy(m): 2:45pm On Nov 29, 2007
And how do you know for real that it is the tailor across the street without a DNA test. Did it occur to you that one or more of the males in the neighbourhood, including the poster's father, brothers, cousins and what else could be molesting this young girl?  Even the pastor?  Like it does not happen all the time in Nigeria?  

Na so e be now!

Gosh!  What a country!

I was not guessing when I said the tailor is responsible, the source of the story stated that clearly.Why waste money on a DNA test we can hardly get in the country
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2007
romeo:

I am a Nigerian and i am fighting against injustice on a national level and i did not mention any Geo-Zone and your level of ignorance beats me, do you use your brain and hand when writing or just your hand alone? hahahaha this girl is foolish OHH MY OHH MY hahahaa.

I[b] am not denying that my igbo people use small kids as slaves in their shops[/b], or that even the Hausas do the same in many other ways or even the Yorubas and the rest ethnic nationalities in Nigeria, but my concern is how to stop it . That i think can not stop me from being a Proud igbo boy.

So stop looking for excuses to enslave people

Why do I even bother with you?  Please start with the slave trade going on in your village before you think of "the national level" as you call it.  I am glad to see you are fighting that from somewhere out of Nigeria? What a Martin Luther King you are! Are you ready to die for your cause too? tongue 

You are a bloody joke!  Please I will welcome even Frankies at this point to continue this discussion as you are a disgrace to your so-called Igbo tribe.  I think some other persona can be a better rep-speaker or typer.  I am sure everyone is proud of where they come from in Nigeria, as you do not see others here clomouring to be Igbos just because of your Biafran pride!  Frankly, I think you should stick to it--it fits you well! kiss
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 2:51pm On Nov 29, 2007
jababy:

I was not guessing when I said the tailor is responsible, the source of the story stated that clearly.Why waste money on a DNA test we can hardly get in the country

jababy:

I was not guessing when I said the tailor is responsible, the source of the story stated that clearly.

Why waste money on a DNA test we can hardly get in the country

Great!  If it were your daughter, I am sure you will spend all the money in this world to make sure it was one of Abiola's children that impregnated her.  But for a common maid?  Heavens no!  For such an slowpoke? She definitely belongs to the tailor who might never have seen the color of the "dishonored maid"s pantaloon"! Small wonder why some many children from wealthy homes are passed off to others of lowly status in Nigeria all to save face!

The source of the story stated clearly?  I hope you understand that the poster, as the source of the story, has some serious pending crediblity issues? shocked I would take his musings here with no salt at all!
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by jababy(m): 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2007
I hope you understand that the poster has some serious pending crediblity issues?

Then why bother about the tread at all
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 3:09pm On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

Why do I even bother with you? Please start with the slave trade going on in your village before you think of "the national level" as you call it. I am glad to see you are fighting that from somewhere out of Nigeria? What a Martin Luther King you are! Are you ready to die for your cause too? tongue

You are a bloody joke! Please I will welcome even Frankies at this point to continue this discussion as you are a disgrace to your so-called Igbo tribe. I think some other persona can be a better rep-speaker or typer. I am sure everyone is proud of where they come from in Nigeria, as you do not see others here clomouring to be Igbos just because of your Biafran pride! Frankly, I think you should stick to it--it fits you well! kiss

hahahahahhaa when will you learn to write with the brain? i mentioned my being a proud igbo because you said i am only good in writing in the igbo and not in English. so what's the fuse and what has Biafra got to do with child labour and slavery that you are a part of? heartless slave owner
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 3:50pm On Nov 29, 2007
romeo:

hahahahahhaa when will you learn to write with the brain? i mentioned my being a proud igbo because you said i am only good in writing in the igbo and not in English. so what's the fuse and what has Biafra got to do with child labour and slavery that you are a part of? heartless slave owner

Please we are tired of reading about your igbo lineage--There are a lot of igbos all over Nigeria in almost all families due to inter-marriages, so you are not doing anyone here any special favors. I guess you are 100% thoroughbred Igbo with no intermixing at all? Gosh!

Please can we go back to the topic--for I really could careless about your igbo heritage.  The only reason I brought it up is because I saw from your writings that that is your only passion on Nairaland.   Please can you stick to the topic of this inn-a-resting thread.  The igbo thingy you can definitely shove up where the sun does not shine on any part of your body in Spain or wherever you may be!

Talk about having brain!  It is only people like you who think in terms of a glove compartment or as y'all say in Nigeria--a pigeon A-hole kiss

You lack exposure as you have demonstrated with your Xmas song of "Set Free the Maids"!  All you might just end up being over there is a "Spanish Igbo" dude!  What a combination! cheesy
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 3:59pm On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

Please we are tired of reading about your igbo lineage--There are a lot of igbos all over Nigeria in almost all families due to inter-marriages, so you are not doing anyone here any special favors. I guess you are 100% thoroughbred Igbo with no intermixing at all? Gosh!

Please can we go back to the topic--for I really could careless about your igbo heritage. The only reason I brought it up is because I saw from your writings that that is your only passion on Nairaland. Please can you stick to the topic of this inn-a-resting thread. The igbo thingy you can definitely shove up where the sun does not shine on any part of your body in Spain or wherever you may be!

Talk about having brain! It is only people like you who think in terms of a glove compartment or as y'all say in Nigeria--a pigeon A-hole kiss

You lack exposure as you have demonstrated with your Xmas song of "Set Free the Maids"! All you might just end up being over there is a "Spanish Igbo" dude! What a combination! cheesy

I still maintain that you do not write with the brain!! you just repeated me here. What a waste you are. and why does it take you ages to finish a single post? always editing posts hahahaha
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by thurams: 6:02pm On Nov 29, 2007
hi i just read d post n it was quite a touchin story.
romeo,just because dexlomo has a past doesnt mean he cant c d wrong doings of others.i believe wit God on his side he will change 4 d beta.why not tink about dos nasty tins u av done 2 n c wat God has 2 say. and y do u tink dey dont ay her.antway na u know.wel i blive d girl cant remain in d house eithe she goes bac hom or go 2 dbobo det serviced her.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2007
Igbo hatred in an unrelated thread. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Almond stop it!This  is becoming rather juvenile.

If you have issues with our corrupt Nigerian system and the ill treatment of domestic workers,househelps,apprentices or drivers say so
Rather than label them demented and useless imbeciles.
That is an argument you will not win.

I am appalled at your writings and generalizations
Just because you seem to be shouting the loudest doesn't mean you are making the most sense
Many may have just chosen not to respond in order not to be  caught debating a matter that is a no brainer
Househelps are not stupid and demented
The ones that appear so are either victims of their abusive circumstances and they are no different from you and me.

I grew up with a boy who came to leave with us at the age of 8 because his mom,a single mother was  very poor and couldn't even feed him
Today he holds a masters degree in Engineering,is employed and has his own family.
The other "housegirl" we had from similar background went to domestic science school because she could not pass common entrance and was not academically inclined.
Today she is a seamstress,makes cakes,has a family of her own and my parents gave her away at her wedding.
God knows I'm not saying this to say my parents are anagels but to say that one size doesn't fit all.

If you are against the ill treatment of "maids",that is a matter many agree on but to blame it on their genetic make up and blame them for the situation they were born into is absurd.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

Talk about having brain! It is only people like you who think in terms of a glove compartment or as y'all say in Nigeria--a pigeon A-hole kiss

how can a tiny pigeon have the anus of an ass? grin
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by omoge(f): 6:43pm On Nov 29, 2007
buhaaaaaahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin

Insert Quote
Quote from: almondjoy on Today at 03:50:22 PM
Talk about having brain! It is only people like you who think in terms of a glove compartment or as y'all say in Nigeria--a pigeon A-hole

davidylan:

Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by omoge(f): 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2007
People should just stop using others as domesticated human!!!

If anyone has a family using others, pls ask them to STOP!! no one should support the use of others pounding yam, cleaning and doing your bed for you.

when i look around me, am glad i see no one using others as slaves to clean and pack your shyte. Do It Yourself.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2007
nwando:

Igbo hatred in an unrelated thread. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Almond stop it!This  is becoming rather juvenile.

If you have issues with our corrupt Nigerian system and the ill treatment of domestic workers,househelps,apprentices or drivers say so
Rather than label them demented and useless imbeciles.
That is an argument you will not win.

[b]I am appalled at your writings and generalizations[/b]Just because you seem to be shouting the loudest doesn't mean you are making the most sense
[b]Many may have just chosen not to respond in order not to be caught debating a matter that is a no brainer[/b]Househelps are not stupid and demented
The ones that appear so are either victims of their abusive circumstances and they are no different from you and me.

I grew up with a boy who came to leave with us at the age of 8 because his mom,a single mother was  very poor and couldn't even feed him
Today he holds a masters degree in Engineering,is employed and has his own family.
The other "housegirl" we had from similar background went to domestic science school because she could not pass common entrance and was not academically inclined.
Today she is a seamstress,makes cakes,has a family of her own and my parents gave her away at her wedding.
God knows I'm not saying this to say my parents are anagels but to say that one size doesn't fit all.

If you are against the ill treatment of "maids",that is a matter many agree on but to blame it on their genetic make up and blame them for the situation they were born into is absurd.

You may go in peace!  Did you read the thread at all? Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr? Excuse me? And who is Igbo-hating? Or anywhere Igbo is mentioned you jump out? cheesy  I repeat, did you bother to read the thread at all?!!! undecided  Or you got something to say? Please my mom is typical Igbo(orlu) more than you sef--so please move!  Igbo this-Igbo that!  Na only you get that precious biafran igbo blood?  Talk about appalling writings? I see all of them too, but what do I do? I walk away.  This is your time to walk and I would do so if I were you!

Do I need to mention your fantasies of Muhammad your beloved prophet--in religious section? cheesy Don't insult me--for in as much as I do not interfere with your rantings on Nairaland--do not interfere with mine.  For I have always given you that respect. So please let me be ok?  This was how you started the last time!  If you do not agree with what I am writing, just walk.  You are not my mother and it is my prerogative to be juvinile if I choose to--It is free on Nairaland!  Thank You! kiss

My friend go and take a nap and don't let us take a trip down "River Road)  Everyone is free to post whatever.  If we agree fine--and if we don't tough! kiss You don't have to respond ok?  So move!  Make we no start oooooooooooh! You know as our matter be!  I never forget oh!  So make you dey go abeg!

davidylan:

You would know now! Or should I call Afam to translate for you?  Na my bodi you dey get power! grin

omoge:

People should just stop using others as domesticated human!!!

If anyone has a family using others, please ask them to STOP!! no one should support the use of others pounding yam, cleaning and doing your bed for you.

when i look around me, am glad i see no one using others as slaves to clean and pack your shyte. Do It Yourself.

Abeg simple!  Back to thread--who no wan discuss make im clearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrout! kiss Romeo take note!  Chief slave owner! kiss
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2007
Igbos say when a naked mad woman tears off one's clothing and the individual chooses to pursue the mad woman,it would be hard for bystanders to differentiate the lunatic from the victim.

Another smart Igbo proverb says that when a termite is being roasted,he thinks he's merely producing oil. grin

If anyone needs an interpretation ,the dowry paid on his/her mothers behalf was in vain so says the Igbos again.

1 Like

Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 8:39pm On Nov 29, 2007
nwando:

Igbos say when a naked mad woman tears off one's clothing and the individual chooses to pursue the mad woman,it would be hard for bystanders to differentiate the lunatic from the victim.

Another smart Igbo proverb says that when a termite is being roasted,he thinks he's merely producing oil. grin

If anyone needs an interpretation ,the dowry paid on his/her mothers behalf was in vain so says the Igbos again.

Well good for you! I have left this thread for you! Enjoy!

Happy Holidays! smiley
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by mamaput(f): 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2007
jintujinta granted that a graduate makes more money than a houseboy(that did not go to school) but the employer cannot talk to the house boy any how.IN German its like in french two forms of you . one for your mates and one for your Seniors.
and if he dose not allow it the employer cannot call the houseboy by his first name.
And he is protected by a contract. The court of law will not listen less to him.
And with all the extras he can feed his family. and afford them a standard life,
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by MrTurkey(m): 9:24pm On Nov 29, 2007
i must say that some of the posts by almondjoy are enlightening and incisive and it smacks from a product of a reasoning that is both intellectually and rationally sound (but i say some)

the contents of some of the posts above which she has written would be justified on the alter of wanting to be humorous or if not that, just a sort of attack against a system that has subjected it's dependants to undue hardships and unwarranted exploitation. but most of the posts if taken literarily smacks of stereotyping at it's heights

these young men and ladies who have found themselves at the lower rungs of the foodchain in human affairs are a product of a global system which seeks to place capitalism under the primitive genre, moreso when the positives of globalisation has proved itself to be unevenly distributed

apprenticeship or servitude in itself is not evil as has been proven by tradition and culture of kinship and kindred whic african communities and societies are well known for, however, when this is shrouded in an inhuman toga then the crisis occurs. a lot of these unfortunate young people who have found themselves in such situations are smart and intelligent and given the opportunities would excel in any given field of endeavour

sister almond, i know you're mad at the system for creating these guys who might actually turn out to be deliquents to organised society, but should you blame a poor guy who maybe lost both parents, without a means of livelihood thus becoming a servant just to have some food in his stomach? some of these victims were actually schooling before one reason or the other their parents or guardians were made to hand them over to masters

child labour is a global crisis and not just restricted to nigeria/africa, no child is born a retard or a numbskull, just the same way no one is born a genius, all these arise out of socialising and encultaration and education. give a brother or a sister less and what you have is an uneven distribution of allocation of values which in turn give rise to exactly what this thread is all about

think about it girl. . .
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

Well good for you! I have left this thread for you! Enjoy!

Happy Holidays! smiley

please don't go.
our love is thicker than that.
we are like husband and wife,we fight we make up,we fight we make up.
what would you do without me?
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by almondjoy(f): 9:56pm On Nov 29, 2007
nwando:

please don't go.
our love is thicker than that.
we are like husband and wife,we fight we make up,we fight we make up.
what would you do without me?

Okay! cheesy  Kiss and make up.  No vessing! kiss

cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin!

@Turkey

I am glad you understand. I am not blaming the less privileged.  I am sad at the system who put them that way.  My choice of words may be a little harsh but for lack of better choices of word to describe them--I can't do better.  Please just try having a conversation with most of these our less privileged relatives and you will understand how deep rooted the problem is. Stark illiterates.  Not their faults of course but the so called rulers of the giant of Africa whos children are all abroad schooling without scholarships but with hard earned forex!

@nwando
Those people you described are not the norm.  The poster's domestic worker in his story is more like it in Nigeria.  Please when you all visit next look around you.  Things have got worse! kissThis child slavery thing is bad. Most of them cannot even spell their names.  I had the misfortune of having to braid my hair in Nigeria and was given an  8 year old from the market by her mother to do so.  Of course I sent the girl away with the money.  Definitely did not let her touch my hair.  This child was sick with running nose and all!  Told her to spell her name.  Could not even read the alphabet!  Tell me how to start to help this one! angry  Yet she said she was in school but could not go to school because she was sick.  But her mother sent her to braid hair while sick. It was pretty disgusting!   Then went to my bathroom to ease her self and crapped all over my commode without flushing it. Never used one she said! This child had never seen a commode--she told me this! This is in a city in Nigeria!

Boy was ma sister livid. Asked me how I could have allowed the girl to use our personal bathroom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Any Disadvantage in Marrying From Another Tribe? / What Causes Tension Between Wives And Mother-in-laws? / Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.