Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility (8807 Views)

Intresting Tweets On Bokoharam From Edward @donklericuzio / PDP Exonerates APC, Tinubu In Toyin Saraki’s EFCC Ordeal, Says PDP Behind Probe / Nigerian Defence Website Hacked ISIS Style; See The Guy Claiming Responsibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 28, 2012
The Acting Inspector General of Police (IGP),
Muhammed Abubakar has said the bombers of
ThisDay and The Sun offices in Abuja and Kaduna
on Thursday are still unknown despite the claim of
responsibility by the Boko Haram sect.
The IGP who, stated this yesterday during a re-
evaluation visit to the Rivers State police
command, did not mention the sect name, the
perpetrators of the Thursday bomb blasts as
criminals and hoodlums.
When reminded by reporters that the Boko Haram
sect had claimed responsible for the Thursday
suicide bombings. The IGP said, “Who told you
they are the ones, they claimed responsibility? I
am not aware of it that they claim responsibility
for that or don’t I have the right to say I am not
aware of it?”
“We are talking of criminal elements. No matter
who did whatever he did is a criminal. They are
hoodlums. You can see from the time we took
over and the time we were not there whether
there is no difference”, Abubakar said.
When asked on how he intends tackling the sect,
the IGP said, “I don’t know why you are particular
about the issue. I intend to fight criminality and
crime in this country. But I will not tell you my
methodology and strategies of fighting these.
Abudbbakar further urged the press to shun giving
prominence to criminal individual and groups for
the interest of national security.

http://www.weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9172:thisday-bombers-still-unknown-igp&catid=41:news&Itemid=30
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by supoade: 8:48am On Apr 29, 2012
u got to be kidding me!

2 Likes

Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 29, 2012
Thats right. Calling them Boko Haram is glory. Call them hoodlums and they earn no regard !

4 Likes

Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by naptu2: 9:19am On Apr 29, 2012
He is right. Anybody can claim responsibility for anything, but the police must be led by evidence and result of investigations. He is also right in refusing to glorify Boko Haram.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by seunlayi(m): 9:50am On Apr 29, 2012
Our IG did well on this. Calling Boko Harram everyday gives the sect more confidence and recognition, calling them criminals will go a long way in discrediting them. A good tactic

4 Likes

Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by naptu2: 10:24am On Apr 29, 2012
By the way, he didn't "exonerate" Boko Haram (I.e he didn't free them from blame), he just said that the perpetrators are currently unknown.
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by Eltonluigi(m): 11:40am On Apr 29, 2012
Another clueless individual!
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by worldbest(m): 11:45am On Apr 29, 2012
Eltonluigi: Another clueless individual!

Another clueless goat

2 Likes

Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by dont8(m): 11:47am On Apr 29, 2012
What makes him clueless, if I may ask? The IG was on point, western media gave them that name and brought them to prominence. We should call them what they are, criminals and murderers, simple.

3 Likes

Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by crackhouse(m): 11:47am On Apr 29, 2012
don't be quick to criticism.
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 29, 2012
it's quite fashionable to follow the herd these days. I wonder if you even read the OP's post.
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by Shakara123(m): 12:06pm On Apr 29, 2012
This is more like it Mr. IGP. Less words, more actions, less promises. I hope your boss learns something from this one.

You don't glorify your enemy. Deal with him silently (covertly) and ignore him publicly like he does not exist. It will frustrate him and his followers.

Way to go boss.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 29, 2012
I think am liking the style of this IG, who is not talking anyhow like his predecessor and G.E.J, he is categorizn them as hoodlums and not BH, which deconstructs wateva cause if there be any which they think they are fighting for because they r jst.a band of criminals and armed robbers of d highest level!and the shold be seen as that cuz a lot of their pple r of d notion dat d BH represent a Freedom Fighter Group and they tend to sympathise with their cause, Also he(IG) shold keep his strategies to himself an nt give out his strategies because the nigerian press wold try to box u to give out ur strategies jst to make the front pages of the newspapers, jst to make profit! While the enemies continue to re strategise and streamline their operations to counter wateva conventional methods that exist for the security forces

1 Like

Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by Bright2(m): 12:09pm On Apr 29, 2012
Too late to change that name Boko Haram ! He can fight them with no name but give us feed back with that name,BH.
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by naptu2: 12:21pm On Apr 29, 2012
The Spanish Government hurriedly blamed ETA for the Madrid bombings. Police evidence later showed that Al-Qaeda were responsible. This led to the fall of the spanish government.

The American media suspected that Islamic militants were responsible for the Oklahoma bombing, but FBI investigations showed that Timothy Mcveigh was responsible.

Some groups might claim responsibility, just to boost their profile, but the police must be led by evidence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3509426.stm

1 Like

Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by owendei(m): 12:33pm On Apr 29, 2012
wat makes u fil he's clueless? are u a security agent? he has d ryt 2 n nt 2 giv u informatns cos he's nt answerable 2 u. dt might b a security tactic u knw. giv him som breath pls.
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by Lushka(m): 12:42pm On Apr 29, 2012
The IG got this well. I suggest their new name should be ''CRIMINALS OF NORTHERN NIGERIA'' I think a religion is becoming a curse to this country.

1 Like

Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by rawtruth(m): 12:45pm On Apr 29, 2012
naptu2: The Spanish Government hurriedly blamed ETA for the Madrid bombings. Police evidence later showed that Al-Qaeda were responsible. This led to the fall of the spanish government.

The American media suspected that Islamic militants were responsible for the Oklahoma bombing, but FBI investigations showed that Timothy Mcveigh was responsible.

Some groups might claim responsibility, just to boost their profile, but the police must be led by evidence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3509426.stm

Right! Lets encourage the news media to start using terms like "Criminals have attacked x", "a criminal group calling itself boko haram claimed responsibility for the bomb attack on Y". With that kind of reporting those 'vague'
religionists who can't identify evil from good would think twice b4 approaching authorities for negotiation with a 'criminal organisation. The IGP is right.
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by antartica(m): 12:46pm On Apr 29, 2012
I heard the boko harams are more into racketeering like MEND these days.Blowing up people and places,extorting,making money and living large the "nigerian way"-Big cars,big and unplanned houses and big women.

But racketeering with suicide bombers is quite extreme and they are able to do so because life is more than cheap in nigeria.They can easily force people into blowing themselves up since there is no system to protect and account for them.

It is a dog eat dog situation.
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by reindeer: 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2012
Ah! i see!
Reminds me of a particular clueless president who was quick to say ''it wasn't MEND'' after the oct 1 blasts.
I see it's becoming the norm these days.
He may be right though, since his government and the NSA know for sure who the real ''boko haram'' guys are.
A very useless government
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by rashylous(m): 1:30pm On Apr 29, 2012
*BG Available for Lease*

*Procedure for BG leasing between #1B - #49B*

INSTRUMENT DESCRIPTION

*Instrument* NIGERIAN BANK GUARANTEE

*AMOUNT*:

*Tenure* 365 days

*LTV* 25+5

*Asset* Cashbacked

*PAYMENT*: Bank Transfer

*BANKING OPERATIONAL PROCEDURE*

1) The receiver issue LOI addressed to provider stating purpose of the BG

2) The Provider sends DOA across.

3) Receiver signs and returns DOA with certificate of company registration.

4. RECEIVER ISSUE *TWO(2) SEPARATE 3% FUND RESERVATION LETTERS AND RECEIVERS ACCOUNT OFFICER TRANSMIT VIA ACCOUNT OFFICER TO PROVIDERS NOMINATED ACCOUNT OFFICERS BANK TO BANK SECURED EMAIL*

5) The issuers bank confirms the *FRLs* thereafter issues BG of the face value (N6B) within 5 banking days.

6. RECEIVERS BANK RECEIVES THE ₦6B BG SOFT COPY

7. *WITHIN 24HOURS THE RECEIVERS BANK TRANSFERS THE 3% AMOUNT TO PROVIDERS ACCOUNTS*

8. Receiver shall send *The 27% Hard Copy of Post Dated cheques across via courier services To Providers Address*

9) The providers bank send the Hard Copy to receivers bank.

10). RECEIVER SHALL WITHIN 15 BANKING DAYS, MAKE PAYMENT OF FINAL LTV BALANCE TO PROVIDER and all CONSULTANTS.
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by lacasa: 1:40pm On Apr 29, 2012
LeoMax: Thats right. Calling them Boko Haram is glory. Call them hoodlums and they earn no regard !

Ʊ r right. Giving them prominence makes them high

1 Like

Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by antartica(m): 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2012
You can not get a result in a country that is spiralling downwards as a result of gross moral decadence that ie eating away the core of the society.

The result will start showing when animals like obj,ibb,atiku,bankole,lucky igbinedion,kalu,tinubu and co,the obvious traitors are rounded up and put on trial for crimes against the people of nigeria and humanity.

What is happening in nigeria is a bounce back of evil,injustices and fundamental ignorance that seems to have become the order of the in nigeria.It can not be avoided because it must find a place to land,every action has its repercusion.
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by Exponental(m): 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2012
Nigeria needs revival!
If d man dat shld manage security matters cannot confront criminals/terrorists, he cant even confirm an open statement, he is a coward, then we are nothing close 2 security.
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 29, 2012
It's ". . . .despite their claiming responsibility", duh!
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 29, 2012
why is it to so hard for the world powers to intervene and divide this sinking country called NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS LONG OVERDUE
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by naptu2: 3:20pm On Apr 29, 2012
Kamsy10: why is it to so hard for the world powers to intervene and divide this sinking country called NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS LONG OVERDUE

Why wait for "world powers"?
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by YoursGEJ(m): 3:27pm On Apr 29, 2012
I can't believe that we're still looking for boko haram members who've infiltrated the police force when they are staring us in the face
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Apr 29, 2012
dont8:
What makes him clueless, if I may ask? The IG was on point, western media gave them that name and brought them to prominence. We should call them what they are, criminals and murderers, simple.

Western Media gave em what now? What?? WHAT ? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by naptu2: 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Western Media gave em what now? What?? WHAT ? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by 3kay945(m): 4:22pm On Apr 29, 2012
I doubt if the I.G will record much success in curbing boko+animals., dey ve pass the police.
The I.G Should stop pretending as if he is on+top of the situation. I pity those residin in north.
Re: IGP Exonerates Bokoharam From THISDAY Attack, Despite BH Claiming Responsibility by Ninapha(f): 4:34pm On Apr 29, 2012
LeoMax: Thats right. Calling them Boko Haram is glory. Call them hoodlums and they earn no regard !
Agreeded! cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

North Already Operating State Police – Ohanaeze / Sylva Opposes Report On Reclaimed 48 Houses / Evacuation Of Cargoes By Rail From Seaports Begins Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.