Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. (16866 Views)

In Nigeria, 4 Companies To Begin Production Of Anti-retroviral Drugs – UNAIDS / Anti-retroviral Drugs 'help Reduce' Hiv Transmission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by EFULEFU1(m): 6:43am On Apr 29, 2012
what must i do?
i v been thinking since help me
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by ojeoguc: 6:50am On Apr 29, 2012
Chai , my sister run to a doctor and found out if u re positive or neg .
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by Kadata(m): 7:25am On Apr 29, 2012
Over to the married peeps

1 Like

Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 29, 2012
Get counselling and testing in a competent medical center then confront him for explanation. Demand that he submits to same test if u are not satisfied with his explanation. Rray
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by afrobaby(f): 8:17am On Apr 29, 2012
Av Ʊ ever had any cause to suspect ur husband of having an affair, I wonder y some of us bring issues dat we can solve witout advice on nairaland. Since he is ur husband, tell him Ʊ saw it dia and as wat he is doing wit it, if Ʊ are not convinced wit whatever response, den tell him Ʊ two shud got for a test, don't go for hiv test witout tellin him, Ʊ are one now

6 Likes

Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by chimuchi(f): 9:19am On Apr 29, 2012
[size=28pt]thats very critical. is ur hussy a doc?[/size]
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 29, 2012
My Dear,You know your husband..Ask him why he has that in his car.In a non-confrontational manner..
'Babe, i saw this medication in your car,please can you tell me what's going on?'.He may say it fell from a tree,he may say it belongs to someone etc.Is he in a high risk job like medicine?If he is,sometimes when he gets pricked by a needle or maybe had a mistake contact with fluids from an infected patient,he would normally be given a prophylactic dose of anti retroviral.
Please discuss with him and for peace of mind,tell him that you'd like the 2 of you to run tests..You are not accusing him of anything but you just want peace of mind..It is essential you both see a counsellor too depending on his explanation because i know you are out of your mind with fear and worry now.
You could just go and run a test for yourself,just to know.Even if it is negative,it is still essential that your hubby too gets tested just to clear the air..
Sorry oo...

4 Likes

Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by azpekuliar: 9:28am On Apr 29, 2012
afrobaby: Av Ʊ ever had any cause to suspect ur husband of having an affair, I wonder y some of us bring issues dat we can solve witout advice on nairaland. Since he is ur husband, tell him Ʊ saw it dia and as wat he is doing wit it, if Ʊ are not convinced wit whatever response, den tell him Ʊ two shud got for a test, don't go for hiv test witout tellin him, Ʊ are one now

She doesn't have to tell her husband before going for a test. This isn't a fertlity issue. She can confirm her status independently, and discuss the outcome with her husband with a view to convincing him to do the same. Any reluctance from him, might then mean having to become suspicious.

2 Likes

Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by ignis: 9:47am On Apr 29, 2012
EFULEFU1: what must i do?
Rush for a test asap, b4 u will know the next line of action.....
What if he bought the drug for somebody or someone forgot the drug in his car.

1 Like

Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by Mynd44: 12:00pm On Apr 29, 2012
Did any of you bother to see who the OP is? Lefulefu who is the biggest liar on the romance section

14 Likes

Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by mkpologwu(m): 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2012
What make of car is he driving? If na exotic car, just don't worry urself. If not, just dump him! A guy with a better will come for u.

1 Like

Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by antartica(m): 12:10pm On Apr 29, 2012
It seems quite normal for a nigerian "married" men to have affairs under their wives noses even when they are suppose to be in a one man one woman relation.

Married men seem to always make it a point of duty to be in the clubs or drinking bars almost every night in naija,especially in places like lagos,abuja,"old kaduna,kano and co,leaving their wives and children at home traditionally.And the women doesn't seem to see anything wrong about it.

It is a different case if a man is polygamous,which i dig personally but for one to say he is married to a woman and not stick to her day in day out is very unscrupulous and dangerous.

2 Likes

Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by Valprof: 12:11pm On Apr 29, 2012
Hi pals! I know this is odd . Recently , I have been experiencing the dreadest of all dreams, and it's been giving me a truck load of concern. I didn't need a prophet to tell me my spiritual life was hijacked .Thus, I settled for prayers and I'm glad I did. As usual, a girl came, merchandising
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by kinguwem: 12:15pm On Apr 29, 2012
Anti-retrovirals (ARVs) are used either for treatment of HIV infection or for post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP). The first step to take is to go for counseling and testing (CT) in a reliable health facility. Avoid unprotected sex with your spouse. Depending on your test result, your doctor will offer you appropriate advise. If you are not satisfied with the services of your doctor, contact me for free advice. (kinguwem@fastmail.co.uk)
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by martyns303(m): 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2012
Mynd_44: Did any of you bother to see who the OP is? Lefulefu who is the biggest liar on the romance section

hahahahaahha! imaginary hi5 dude.
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by antartica(m): 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2012
If you Bleep around unsafely,there is every chance you will get it.It doesn't matter whether you are rich or poor,married or single.

The dangers of "sins" are ver plain.
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by owendei(m): 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2012
sori dear! he's ur husband ryt? seat him down, talk 2 him maturedly wit no suspicion, den convince him 4 a test 4 both of u. b wise pls. so long...
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by PapaBrowne(m): 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2012
Just thinking! What if the husband is a nairaland member and sees this thread?? It is not every question you throw out on the ignorant public! They would give you all sorts of useless advices that would probably complicate your existence!

First, how do you know the drugs were Anti Retroviral?? Don't know how the drugs look like, but I'm thinking, they surely wouldn't write AntiRetroViral on them rather they would write a brand name. Its like writing Anti Cancer on a cancer drug. Methinks they have a brand name. So did u cross check to find out it was Anti Retro Viral.Like take the brand name and do a search on google or something.
You could end up making a storm out of a teacup with this one and it could put an end to the trust you guys share!First be certain before you conclude.

Secondly,if you are certain, you would have to ask him and do so wisely. Don't go asking why he is taking Anti Retro Virals. Ask what drugs these are and why he is taking them. From there you can probe further. But remember also that if he is HIV+ve, it is not the end of the world. Do a test yourself. Afterwards the way you handle the situation would determine to a large extent the quality of your existence.

Finally, get wisdom!! It would do you a lot of good!

6 Likes

Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by emmatok(m): 12:48pm On Apr 29, 2012

LOL,

What is it with women rushing to NL, for issues with their HUBBY.

You found the drug doesn't mean he is a HIV carrier.

Why don't you ask him before jumping to conclusion.

EFULEFU FOR REAL.
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 29, 2012
Mynd_44: Did any of you bother to see who the OP is? Lefulefu who is the biggest liar on the romance section

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by slimderek(m): 12:55pm On Apr 29, 2012
PapaBrowne:
Finally, get wisdom!! It would do you a lot of good!
It really wud do u good
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by antartica(m): 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2012
Nairaland is a citadel.Most of you may not admit it is,but this place questions your conscience and your imaginations.

The nearest thing to seeing the light for many is here.
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by ANTITRIBALISM(m): 1:43pm On Apr 29, 2012
afrobaby: Av Ʊ ever had any cause to suspect ur husband of having an affair, I wonder y some of us bring issues dat we can solve witout advice on nairaland. Since he is ur husband, tell him Ʊ saw it dia and as wat he is doing wit it, if Ʊ are not convinced wit whatever response, den tell him Ʊ two shud got for a test, don't go for hiv test witout tellin him, Ʊ are one now
Exaltely!!!
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by Beync(f): 2:30pm On Apr 29, 2012
Talk to him about the drugs and hear what he says. Whether he agree being positive or not ask him to go run test with u before u know the next action.
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by MOBBDEEP: 2:31pm On Apr 29, 2012
@ Mynd_44 & Odiaero,
You guyz are too baaaaaaad!!
I too dey gbadun una & got me hilarious on this one .

@ OP,
What are you waiting for ?
You too you better run go to any ARV clinic in any city about, at least, 50km to you & commence your own HAART asap.
Your 'zobo' / 'kunu' is too sour for our intellect to gulp in one shot!
Happy weekend
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by Jayjey(m): 2:36pm On Apr 29, 2012
go for a test and ask him what the hell he is doing with anti retro viral drug.
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by stagger: 2:52pm On Apr 29, 2012
Your husband is obviously hiding the fact that he has been exposed to the virus. You are better off going for a test.

Good news is that if he has been taking it for sometime and he is HIV positive, the chances of you contracting the disease are reduced. I read a pamphlet to this effect but I do not want to jump the gun. Go for a test.
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by jidewin(m): 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2012
SeanBell: My Dear,You know your husband..Ask him why he has that in his car.In a non-confrontational manner..
'Babe, i saw this medication in your car,please can you tell me what's going on?'.He may say it fell from a tree,he may say it belongs to someone etc.Is he in a high risk job like medicine?If he is,sometimes when he gets pricked by a needle or maybe had a mistake contact with fluids from an infected patient,he would normally be given a prophylactic dose of anti retroviral.
Please discuss with him and for peace of mind,tell him that you'd like the 2 of you to run tests..You are not accusing him of anything but you just want peace of mind..It is essential you both see a counsellor too depending on his explanation because i know you are out of your mind with fear and worry now.
You could just go and run a test for yourself,just to know.Even if it is negative,it is still essential that your hubby too gets tested just to clear the air..
Sorry oo...
I concur 110%
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by crackhouse(m): 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2012
Just wondering why u choose that ur username EFULEFU. Do u know the meaning at all. Hmm, as for the main issue, no comment for now.
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by sunnshyn(f): 3:20pm On Apr 29, 2012
So so much going on in this world! It wld be so bad if ur husband actually has d virus and has been keeping it away frm u. *smh*..just like some have said, u need wisdom here: run a test, ask nicely, then u cn take it up frm der. All d best dear.....# see why marriages r for matured people Sunnshyn#?
Re: I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. by Idowuogbo(f): 3:21pm On Apr 29, 2012
Lamidi u again? guy u don dey mad o! like seriously is dis sum sort of joke? I tot ur usual nigerians gals hate me series is ur speciality, u dey diversify ur lying strategy abi? wereyyyyyy! grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? / 6 Ways To Make Toothbrushing Fun For Kids / Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.