Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,972 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:37 AM

Unforgiveness And Its Attendant Consequences - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unforgiveness And Its Attendant Consequences (1039 Views)

Listen: Unforgiveness Can Cause You To Go To Hell / Unforgiveness - A Grievious Sin. / Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unforgiveness And Its Attendant Consequences by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 29, 2012
For some time now the Lord has been laying it upon my heart to write about the consequences of unforgiveness in the life of a Christian. Today therefore, we shall take a break from our series on Biblical doctrine and look at this issue of unforgiveness in the body of Christ.
Our Lord Jesus Christ in Mt 6:14-15 said “14 For if you forgive [a]others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive [b]others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.”
In Mt 18:21-35, we read about a king who forgave his servant the sum of ten thousand talents that was owed him by that servant. This same servant who was forgiven by his master when he saw another colleague of his who was owing him hundred denarii, got him arrested and threw into prison. When his colleagues who witnessed the amnesty granted him by their master saw this, they felt very bad and had to report this wicked servant to their master. On hearing this, their master called this servant and reminded him of how much he forgave him and was therefore expected to do the same to everyone. This master therefore commanded that this wicked servant be thrown into prison until he has paid all that he owed him. Hear what our Lord said in verbatim in verse 35 “My heavenly Father will also do the same to you, if each of you does not forgive his brother from [g]your heart.”
In Mark 11:25-26 the Lord says “24 Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you. 25 Whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father who is in heaven will also forgive you your transgressions.”
From the above passages we see that:
i. Failure to forgive leads to disconnection of relationship with God. God will not forgive those who fail to forgive others who have sinned against them.
ii. God will not hear the prayers of those who refuse to forgive their neighbours.
iii. Unforgiveness is one major barrier that stands in the way of many professing Christians to finding effective solutions to problems; to receiving healing; to finding fulfilment and satisfaction; finding peace and the blessings of God.
iv. The lesson from Mt 18 points out that if we as Christians, refuse to forgive another believer and hold unforgiveness against a fellow believer or anybody, God becomes very, very angry with us, considers us wicked and therefore allows the devil to torment us. You cannot be in this place of receiving answers to prayer, if you don’t forgive. If we want our prayers answered, then we must forgive before we stand praying. If we hold unforgiveness then we cannot agree together (be in harmony) with God.
v. The failure to forgive others is a sin and wickedness in the eyes of God and He hands us over to the tormentors until we repent of that wickedness. Spiritual torment, mental torment and physical torment are all caused by unforgiveness.

Most marriage breakdowns are as a result of unforgiveness from both spouses. A person who continually brings up something his spouse said or did in the past that was hurtful continues to punish the other person and erects a wall of difference and coldness. The Lord hates divorce and marriage breakdown (Malachi 2:14 to 16). When parents refuse to forgive one another, they are deliberately and knowingly making their children suffer the consequences of their hard hearts and unforgiveness.
Dragging the helpless, innocent children through the divorce is not only callous but wicked. If you are a Christian, you cannot contemplate divorce and expect God’s blessing on your life. You need to forgive your spouse. Once a person says, “I can never forgive them for that” you are opening the door to the tormentors and in the case of divorce, it is the children who will suffer. Divorce hurts children, so the parents need to stop and consider their actions.

For us to live in the secret place of the Most High as seen in Psalm 91, forgiveness is the first step and only then will the Lord deliver us from the snare of the fowler (the devil). The opposite is; if we do not forgive, then the Lord will turn us over to the tormentors (Matthew 18:34).

Have you at any time been abused by your parents, carers, close relatives, etc and you are finding it extremely difficult to forgive. It is time for you to ask God to give you the heart to forgive. Have your parents preferred your siblings over you when you were growing up which has made you resent both your parents and your siblings, you have to forgive. Let us like Joseph in the book of Genesis forgive. Joseph’s experience teaches us that forgiveness bridges distance and brings reconciliation. He did not allow his brothers who expelled him to create a distance from him, he refused to let it happen. He says instead, “You meant it for evil but God meant it for good,” and he waves the wand of forgiveness over his brothers and brings them back to himself. Forgive that man or woman who killed your father or mother. That man who ran over your son or daughter must be forgiven in order for you to be restored into the right relationship with God. I know it’s sometimes very difficult to do. But we have to because that is God’s expectation of us. We have to ask Him for grace in this time of need.

Our Lord Jesus Christ forgave those who nailed Him to the cross (Luke 23:34). Stephen prayed for those who stoned him to death (Acts 7:60).

GOD Bless You.
Re: Unforgiveness And Its Attendant Consequences by procedure: 2:26pm On Apr 30, 2012
Un forgiveness is like taking a poison and waiting for the other person to die.
Re: Unforgiveness And Its Attendant Consequences by Ptolomeus(m): 6:10pm On Apr 30, 2012
oludyke: For some time now the Lord has been laying it upon my heart to write about the consequences of unforgiveness in the life of a Christian. Today therefore, we shall take a break from our series on Biblical doctrine and look at this issue of unforgiveness in the body of Christ.
Our Lord Jesus Christ in Mt 6:14-15 said “14 For if you forgive [a]others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive [b]others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.”
In Mt 18:21-35, we read about a king who forgave his servant the sum of ten thousand talents that was owed him by that servant. This same servant who was forgiven by his master when he saw another colleague of his who was owing him hundred denarii, got him arrested and threw into prison. When his colleagues who witnessed the amnesty granted him by their master saw this, they felt very bad and had to report this wicked servant to their master. On hearing this, their master called this servant and reminded him of how much he forgave him and was therefore expected to do the same to everyone. This master therefore commanded that this wicked servant be thrown into prison until he has paid all that he owed him. Hear what our Lord said in verbatim in verse 35 “My heavenly Father will also do the same to you, if each of you does not forgive his brother from [g]your heart.”
In Mark 11:25-26 the Lord says “24 Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you. 25 Whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father who is in heaven will also forgive you your transgressions.”
From the above passages we see that:
i. Failure to forgive leads to disconnection of relationship with God. God will not forgive those who fail to forgive others who have sinned against them.
ii. God will not hear the prayers of those who refuse to forgive their neighbours.
iii. Unforgiveness is one major barrier that stands in the way of many professing Christians to finding effective solutions to problems; to receiving healing; to finding fulfilment and satisfaction; finding peace and the blessings of God.
iv. The lesson from Mt 18 points out that if we as Christians, refuse to forgive another believer and hold unforgiveness against a fellow believer or anybody, God becomes very, very angry with us, considers us wicked and therefore allows the devil to torment us. You cannot be in this place of receiving answers to prayer, if you don’t forgive. If we want our prayers answered, then we must forgive before we stand praying. If we hold unforgiveness then we cannot agree together (be in harmony) with God.
v. The failure to forgive others is a sin and wickedness in the eyes of God and He hands us over to the tormentors until we repent of that wickedness. Spiritual torment, mental torment and physical torment are all caused by unforgiveness.

Most marriage breakdowns are as a result of unforgiveness from both spouses. A person who continually brings up something his spouse said or did in the past that was hurtful continues to punish the other person and erects a wall of difference and coldness. The Lord hates divorce and marriage breakdown (Malachi 2:14 to 16). When parents refuse to forgive one another, they are deliberately and knowingly making their children suffer the consequences of their hard hearts and unforgiveness.
Dragging the helpless, innocent children through the divorce is not only callous but wicked. If you are a Christian, you cannot contemplate divorce and expect God’s blessing on your life. You need to forgive your spouse. Once a person says, “I can never forgive them for that” you are opening the door to the tormentors and in the case of divorce, it is the children who will suffer. Divorce hurts children, so the parents need to stop and consider their actions.

For us to live in the secret place of the Most High as seen in Psalm 91, forgiveness is the first step and only then will the Lord deliver us from the snare of the fowler (the devil). The opposite is; if we do not forgive, then the Lord will turn us over to the tormentors (Matthew 18:34).

Have you at any time been abused by your parents, carers, close relatives, etc and you are finding it extremely difficult to forgive. It is time for you to ask God to give you the heart to forgive. Have your parents preferred your siblings over you when you were growing up which has made you resent both your parents and your siblings, you have to forgive. Let us like Joseph in the book of Genesis forgive. Joseph’s experience teaches us that forgiveness bridges distance and brings reconciliation. He did not allow his brothers who expelled him to create a distance from him, he refused to let it happen. He says instead, “You meant it for evil but God meant it for good,” and he waves the wand of forgiveness over his brothers and brings them back to himself. Forgive that man or woman who killed your father or mother. That man who ran over your son or daughter must be forgiven in order for you to be restored into the right relationship with God. I know it’s sometimes very difficult to do. But we have to because that is God’s expectation of us. We have to ask Him for grace in this time of need.

Our Lord Jesus Christ forgave those who nailed Him to the cross (Luke 23:34). Stephen prayed for those who stoned him to death (Acts 7:60).

GOD Bless You.

Excuse me, but I can not exactly understand her point.
Could you be more clear? Could you go into more detail?
Thank you.
Re: Unforgiveness And Its Attendant Consequences by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 30, 2012
Thanks for this post i will 4give any1 who wrongs me i hate to keep, grudgex 4 lng. Tnx
Re: Unforgiveness And Its Attendant Consequences by Callotti: 12:34pm On May 01, 2012
Why waste precious energy on a concept as 'unforgiveness' especially if you do not deal with the objects of your irritation an a daily basis. . .or such inconsequential beings have no bearing in your life? I only reserve such emotions for VIPs. . . aka family members.

Any other, I just erase from my subconscious. Not a religious or spirtiual matter. When I feel the need to apologize for any wrongdoing to another. . .I do so. Whether the aggrieved choose to forgive or forget me is THEIR PHOCKING BUSINESS. I have done my part.

Bottom line? Moving on is what I do best in life. God, please don't interfere! I don't need your help to move on. You created everyone with one head like mine. I can handle my fellow human beings. Thank you for free will too! cool
Re: Unforgiveness And Its Attendant Consequences by tpia5: 12:51am On Nov 20, 2013
if God does not grant a spirit of forgiveness, it might be hard for some to forgive since it doesnt come to them naturally.

(1) (Reply)

Dr. Sign Fireman Answers Crucial Questions!!! / ++ Pls, which one To follow?++ / Hallelujah Cossy Orjiakor Turns Born Again!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.