Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Atheist @ A Church Wedding! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist @ A Church Wedding! (7265 Views)

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) / How Biblical Is Church Wedding? / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 01, 2012
@mazaje
davidylan is a frustrated christian, he is the violent chap here insulting everyone with contrary views.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by plaetton: 5:57pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

Its ok to say you truly have no understanding of the bible. This is an area that is in and of itself controversial to even those who claim to be christians and really requires much more detailed explanation. I highlighted that portion purely due to my limited time available to go into the theology on this issue considering i am dealing with an individual to whom facts dont matter as long as a pre-determined viewpoint is pushed.

1. Clearly Christ was always quick to rebuke error in His disciples, why did He refuse to caution them here if He thought it was blasphemous to worship Him?
2. There are several portions of the bible where Christ EXPLICITLY refers to Himself as the human form of God incarnate. Infact here is a case of the pharisees attacking Him for making such a reference (obviously they understood the import of His parables far better than the charlatans we have here today) - John 5:18Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Note here the strange inference - it is quite clear that the Jews of that time UNDERSTOOD perfectly that calling Himself the "Son" of God was equivalent to refering to Himself as God. Now no one makes the mistake of thinking you are an equal to your earthly father right?

Here is another clear example - John 10:30[b]I and my Father are one[/b]. 31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

You are free to plug your ears and eyes.

So jesus comanded all to worship him because the pharasees understood him as refering tohimself as god's son. i am lost in this convoluted logic. The point is that you were less than honest when earlier you wrote that jesus had commanded all to worship him and him alone, when clearly he said no such thing. Just be humble and admit your error.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by mkmyers45(m): 5:57pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

Daft. Not only that, the above follows no logical train of thought.

Elijah prayed on mount carmel in the presence of the altar he erected to the Lord God not before Baal. You might need to recheck your reference scriptures before exposing your stupidity here.
STFU...How many altars where at the mount? Ok i agree...since you're bold and quick-mouth why not go to Saudi/Afghan and win them for the lawd? a coward eh?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by mkmyers45(m): 5:59pm On May 01, 2012
diluminati: @mazaje
davidylan is a frustrated christian, he is the violent chap here insulting everyone with contrary views.
True angry
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 01, 2012
mazaje:

Violent atheist? . . . And which atheist as ever advocated violence here on nairaland?. . .Your delusion is way too ridiculous. . .Have you wandered why Nigerian atheist are very open when they are in europe or america but hide their atheism in Nigeria? What does that tell you about the Nigerian society?. . .

actually it tells me a lot more about the atheist than the society. 99% of you here are shameless cowards... blathering on senselessly about atheist idiocy you barely understand from the relative safety of your PC screens. You can only speak in societies where you have a large number of fellow atheists whose opinions you can co-opt. I have never hidden the fact that i am a christian anywhere... even right down to the muslim heartland in northern nigeria. If i am killed for it so be it.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 01, 2012
diluminati: @mazaje

huh? who is this lazy cheerleader?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 01, 2012
mkmyers45: STFU...How many altars where at the mount? Ok i agree...since you're bold and quick-mouth why not go to Saudi/Afghan and win them for the lawd? a coward eh?

huh? how many altars do you need to worship? Hint - you only need one.

Are you angry that i exposed the fact that you were referencing something you clearly where ignorant about? Pele take a hanky...
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 01, 2012
plaetton:

So jesus comanded all to worship him because the pharasees understood him as refering tohimself as god's son. i am lost in this convoluted logic. The point is that you were less than honest when earlier you wrote that jesus had commanded all to worship him and him alone, when clearly he said no such thing. Just be humble and admit your error.

no, you are clearly an unthinking and largely ignorant idi[i]o[/i]t. The bible verses i posted are clear to someone with an open mind but closed to someone with an ulterior motive with no intention of learning anything.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by mkmyers45(m): 6:11pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

actually it tells me a lot more about the atheist than the society. 99% of you here are shameless cowards... blathering on senselessly about atheist idiocy you barely understand from the relative safety of your PC screens. You can only speak in societies where you have a large number of fellow atheists whose opinions you can co-opt. I have never hidden the fact that i am a christian anywhere... even right down to the muslim heartland in northern nigeria. If i am killed for it so be it.
Bloody Liar...Its clear you dont know what you are talking about...Why dont you offer yourself as meat for the Lawd's missionary service...He-doit angry
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by mkmyers45(m): 6:11pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

huh? how many altars do you need to worship? Hint - you only need one.

Are you angry that i exposed the fact that you were referencing something you clearly where ignorant about? Pele take a hanky...
Its clear you escaped from Yaba left....What a Pity sad
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by plaetton: 6:12pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

no, you are clearly an unthinking and largely ignorant idi[i]o[/i]t. The bible verses i posted are clear to someone with an open mind but closed to someone with an ulterior motive with no intention of learning anything.

ha ha ha. open mind, huh. you mean zombie-like like your fellow churchtians. Sorry sir, you have made a big fool of yourself today. dont blame me or any athiest. It shows how you pastors make up things as you go, just to cower,fool and con ordinary folks out of their hard earned money.
"Jesus commandeth you to worship him and only him.". big laugh
liar
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 01, 2012
mkmyers45: Bloody Liar...Its clear you dont know what you are talking about...Why dont you offer yourself as meat for the Lawd's missionary service...He-doit angry

simple question - you said elijah worshipped in the presence of baal when clearly the bible says no such thing. Do you agree you are nothing but a confused liar? grin
Another simpleton angry because his own mindless nonsense has been exposed.

Next time read before shooting off at the hip.
davidylan:

huh? who is this lazy cheerleader?

Na small thing never make them declare Fatwa upon your head. what makes you think you are more righteous than any muslim? now why atheists? why cant you leave them to their own?
plaetton:

ha ha ha. open mind, huh. you mean zombie-like like your fellow churchtians. Sorry sir, you have made a big fool of yourself today. dont blame me or any athiest. It shows how you pastors make up things as you go, just to cower,fool and con ordinary folks out of their hard earned money.
"Jesus commandeth you to worship him and only him.". big laugh
liar

and you sir believe you are really free? cheesy I laugh in greek.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 01, 2012
diluminati:

Na small thing never make them declare Fatwa upon your head. what makes you think you are more righteous than any muslim? now why atheists? why cant you leave them to their own?

Daft. This is the christian religious section, unless atheists claim to be religious too... just why are they here? Can they not create their own section to pursue their evolutionary nonsense in peace? grin
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by mkmyers45(m): 6:19pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

simple question - you said elijah worshipped in the presence of baal when clearly the bible says no such thing. Do you agree you are nothing but a confused liar? grin
Another simpleton angry because his own mindless nonsense has been exposed.

Next time read before shooting off at the hip.
what did the bible say? why arent you a proud missionary of the lawd in North Korea? angry
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 01, 2012
Mod but why? cheesy Please allow us to answer fools according to their folly oh e joo.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 01, 2012
mkmyers45: what did the bible say? why arent you a proud missionary of the lawd in North Korea? angry

the bible is quite clear, Elijah built and worshiped at the altar of the Lord not in the presence of baal as you erroneously concluded. Why the attempt to shift the goalposts following your gaping blunder? grin cheesy
You shld be ashamed of yourself for lying.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by mkmyers45(m): 6:26pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

Daft. This is the christian religious section, unless atheists claim to be religious too... just why are they here? Can they not create their own section to pursue their evolutionary nonsense in peace? grin
You gat jokes it'll good to meet you in hades cool
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan: Mod but why? cheesy Please allow us to answer fools according to their folly oh e joo.

what makes you think in your wingless cerebrum that you are not a fool? any thoughts about it? you aint even trying to be a christian
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 01, 2012
mkmyers45: You gat jokes it'll good to meet you in hades cool

well since you dont believe it exists, its quite clear you and i would not be going to the same place. Where is it again atheists go remind me? grin
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by mkmyers45(m): 6:27pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

the bible is quite clear, Elijah built and worshiped at the altar of the Lord not in the presence of baal as you erroneously concluded. Why the attempt to shift the goalposts following your gaping blunder? grin cheesy
You shld be ashamed of yourself for lying.
and the altar made for baal was 10km away ryt? I wonder why the coward dosent want to serve the lord...
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 01, 2012
diluminati:

what makes you think in your wingless cerebrum that you are not a fool? any thoughts about it? you aint even trying to be a christian

I know, the usual atheist blackmail... harangue others, mock their core beliefs, insult the very meaning of their existence, call them illogical, deluded, unintelligent on a daily basis then come crying about how they arent turning the other cheek for you to slap later.

sorry, being christian does not translate to taking crap from empty heads who piggy-back off the opinions of others to make noise.

1 Like

Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by mkmyers45(m): 6:29pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

well since you dont believe it exists, its quite clear you and i would not be going to the same place. Where is it again atheists go remind me? grin
They go to Disneyland...MOFO angry
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 01, 2012
mkmyers45: and the altar made for baal was 10km away ryt? I wonder why the coward dosent want to serve the lord...

Now now boy, dont be daft here. the fact that the altar of baal may have been mere feet away does not mean elijah worshiped at it. C'mon now, surely you have a brain... use it.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 01, 2012
mkmyers45: They go to Disneyland...MOFO angry

enjoy the ride there. grin
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by mkmyers45(m): 6:35pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

enjoy the ride there. grin
Yeah..way cooler than bieng dipped in1mil celcius of fire because your grand-father fell for a god trap..
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 01, 2012
mkmyers45: Yeah..way cooler than bieng dipped in1mil celcius of fire because your grand-father fell for a god trap..

surely you believe hell doesnt exist right? Why are you worried about the temperature? shocked cheesy
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 01, 2012
Thanks guys for the posts... seems there's no need for me to reply davidlyans joagbatic twisting of the Bible he claims to believe....
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 01, 2012
musKeeto: Thanks guys for the posts... seems there's no need for me to reply davidlyans joagbatic twisting of the Bible he claims to believe....

no one has "twisted" the bible here. tired of fools who run up here, misquote, mutilate and deliberately turn the bible upside down then cry about others twisting the bible once their own deception, lies and illogical nonsense has been exposed.
Sure you shld not reply, you are the smarter one... better not to expose your own ignorance.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by mkmyers45(m): 6:40pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

surely you believe hell doesnt exist right? Why are you worried about the temperature? shocked cheesy
O thats for you to sulk about..
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 01, 2012
mkmyers45: O thats for you to sulk about..

i'm not worried, however i see you moan about it constantly. Surely you have better things to do? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Prophets Of Hell / Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? / The Quran Fraud Contradictions Or Great Truths?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.