Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Atheist @ A Church Wedding! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist @ A Church Wedding! (7264 Views)

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) / How Biblical Is Church Wedding? / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by mkmyers45(m): 6:47pm On May 01, 2012
musKeeto: Thanks guys for the posts... seems there's no need for me to reply davidlyans joagbatic twisting of the Bible he claims to believe....
+1000
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by beafroast: 7:26pm On May 01, 2012
DAVY,
Typical Christain in Action.... Unable 2 tolerate other people views or way of life. U are either with them or you are of the devil.
*SMH*
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by omidhe(f): 7:27pm On May 01, 2012
davy or are u being called,am sure ur religion did tought u dat everyman is endowed with freewill,n due to this,he chooses what he feels suit him as an higher animal. Hey look ma fnd! U dnt av to kum here n try to force people into believing dat d bible is blasphemous n contraditory. You know what,am sure deep down somewhere in your heart,u know dat God exist for real,bt u ve refused to accept dat part,n i pray some day u realise this,n that it wudnt be too late for your soul.takia
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by beafroast: 7:40pm On May 01, 2012
davy, i take time dey go thru some of your posts and one thing i noticed is that you are always INSULTIVE! A CHRISTAIN for dat matter! Na so CHRIST do?!
Haba! Na so your own be... abi na frustration?!
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 01, 2012
beaf roast: DAVY,
Typical Christain in Action.... Unable 2 tolerate other people views or way of life. U are either with them or you are of the devil.
*SMH*

Fail.
I tolerate your views enough not to waste my time posting threads about how dumb the atheist viewpoint truly is.
However, i find it difficult to tolerate those who are TRULY UNABLE TO TOLERATE the christian viewpoint to the point of making up hundreds of threads describing how unintelligent, illogical and deluded the christian viewpoint is.

Did you even see the irony in your own post? grin
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 01, 2012
beaf roast: davy, i take time dey go thru some of your posts and one thing i noticed is that you are always INSULTIVE! A CHRISTAIN for dat matter! Na so CHRIST do?!
Haba! Na so your own be... abi na frustration?!

You should read how Christ dealt with the pharisees. It was worse my dear. At least i havent called you all serpents and whitened sepulchres filled with dead men's bones just yet.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 01, 2012
omidhe: davy or are u being called,am sure ur religion did tought u dat everyman is endowed with freewill,n due to this,he chooses what he feels suit him as an higher animal. Hey look ma fnd! U dnt av to kum here n try to force people into believing dat d bible is blasphemous n contraditory. You know what,am sure deep down somewhere in your heart,u know dat God exist for real,bt u ve refused to accept dat part,n i pray some day u realise this,n that it wudnt be too late for your soul.takia

You may be talking to the wrong person. I believe in the undiluted words of the bible.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by mazaje(m): 8:43pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

actually it tells me a lot more about the atheist than the society. 99% of you here are shameless cowards... blathering on senselessly about atheist idiocy you barely understand from the relative safety of your PC screens. You can only speak in societies where you have a large number of fellow atheists whose opinions you can co-opt. I have never hidden the fact that i am a christian anywhere... even right down to the muslim heartland in northern nigeria. If i am killed for it so be it.

We are not shameless cowards. . .I doubt if you will be able to declare your religion in a society like north korea. . .I have professed my atheism in the united states in Ohio to be precise amongst many christians, they didn't embrace me but they didn't look at me as a diseased human being either, they appreciated the fact that I have the right to be an atheist. .Just had a simple conversation with two guys about atheism and why I was an atheist .The people in Nigeria are so backward and close minded that coming out as an atheist can get you killed in some places. . .A society where people are busy discriminating and killing each other because they hold different religious beliefs is not one that will give atheist a chance. . .Even the Nigerians here are more tolerant of atheist than the ones in Nigeria because they have been exposed to atheism here in europe. . . .
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by mazaje(m): 8:46pm On May 01, 2012
diluminati: @mazaje
davidylan is a frustrated christian, he is the violent chap here insulting everyone with contrary views.

He is just deluded. .He just said atheist here are violent. . . grin grin. . .I tire for this kind delusion. . . .
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 8:51pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

Fail.
I tolerate your views enough not to waste my time posting threads about how dumb the atheist viewpoint truly is.
However, i find it difficult to tolerate those who are TRULY UNABLE TO TOLERATE the christian viewpoint to the point of making up hundreds of threads describing how unintelligent, illogical and deluded the christian viewpoint is.

Did you even see the irony in your own post? grin

Sharaap there!

You dont tolerate anything. You condemn anyone that doesnt believe in your fake jewish God to hell.

Tolerate my foot
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Kay17: 8:54pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

no one has "twisted" the bible here. tired of fools who run up here, misquote, mutilate and deliberately turn the bible upside down then cry about others twisting the bible once their own deception, lies and illogical nonsense has been exposed.
Sure you shld not reply, you are the smarter one... better not to expose your own ignorance.

Davidlyan is entitled to interpret the bible in whatever manner he wishes. He hasn't laid his format yet, so no reason to criticize his interpretation. However, while Christianity demands a propagation of the religion to other minds, there is no tenet or necessary req that says so. I love my life as a quiet atheist, and whoever invites my comments on religion can either take it or leave it.

Jainism and some Yoruba beliefs don't see a merit in propagation also.

But I don't find Christians going to all places to advertise their religion: not mosques or NN or NK.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 01, 2012
mazaje:

We are not shameless cowards. . .I doubt if you will be able to declare your religion in a society like north korea. . .I have professed my atheism in the united states in Ohio to be precise amongst many christians, they didn't embrace me but they didn't look at me as a diseased human being either, they appreciated the fact that I have the right to be an atheist. .Just had a simple conversation with two guys about atheism and why I was an atheist .The people in Nigeria are so backward and close minded that coming out as an atheist can get you killed in some places. . .A society where people are busy discriminating and killing each other because they hold different religious beliefs is not one that will give atheist a chance. . .Even the Nigerians here are more tolerant of atheist than the ones in Nigeria because they have been exposed to atheism here in europe. . . .

apples to oranges. I didnt ask you to fly to Bahrain to declare your religion. Why cant you declare your religion to your immediate family? Why shld i declare my religion in NK? Do i look asian to you?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 01, 2012
logicboy:

Sharaap there!

You dont tolerate anything. You condemn anyone that doesnt believe in your fake jewish God to hell.

Tolerate my foot

you are right. Read my signature below, i dont suffer fools gladly, particularly those who whine about tolerance while they spend their time bullying christians all over the board.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 01, 2012
mazaje:

He is just deluded. .He just said atheist here are violent. . . grin grin. . .I tire for this kind delusion. . . .

Spot the lie there dude
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by beafroast: 8:57pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

You should read how Christ dealt with the pharisees. It was worse my dear. At least i havent called you all serpents and whitened sepulchres filled with dead men's bones just yet.
Typical you!
No need 4 further argument with you cos am UNLIKE YOU. I dont do religion but, i wish we ALL could live together in PEACE,no matter what you believe in or dont believe in.
PEACE OUT!
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 9:03pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

you are right. Read my signature below, i dont suffer fools gladly, particularly those who whine about tolerance while they spend their time bullying christians all over the board.

lmao....who did I bully? I only punish intellectually. Furthermore, I even joke with christians on this forum. I'm only serious when it comes to debunking creationist claims and religious lies.

As for you......you are just angry that you cant defend your religion.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 9:05pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

Spot the lie there dude

Who has killed more people atheists or christians?

Why is it that the more atheistic countries in the world are prospering? While the most religious are the poorest?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 01, 2012
logicboy:

lmao....who did I bully? I only punish intellectually. Furthermore, I even joke with christians on this forum. I'm only serious when it comes to debunking creationist claims and religious lies.

As for you......you are just angry that you cant defend your religion.

bully ... punish? What is the difference slowpoke?
Besides you really should drop this grandiose idea that you are being intellectual, nothing could be farther from the truth.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 01, 2012
logicboy:

Who has killed more people atheists or christians?

Why is it that the more atheistic countries in the world are prospering? While the most religious are the poorest?

you shld note that the acclaimed "atheist" countries where once thriving bastions of christianity at a time majority of inventions we now use today where made. Some intellectual honesty is required of you bro.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 01, 2012
beaf roast:
Typical you!
No need 4 further argument with you cos am UNLIKE YOU. I dont do religion but, i wish we ALL could live together in PEACE,no matter what you believe in or dont believe in.
PEACE OUT!

thank you. stick to the romance pages. Thanks
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 9:10pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

actually it tells me a lot more about the atheist than the society. 99% of you here are shameless cowards... blathering on senselessly about atheist idiocy you barely understand from the relative safety of your PC screens. You can only speak in societies where you have a large number of fellow atheists whose opinions you can co-opt. I have never hidden the fact that i am a christian anywhere... even right down to the muslim heartland in northern nigeria. If i am killed for it so be it.

The biggest coward is your Jesus christ. The guy could not address the slavery around him. The guy could not even speak against the corrupt system of the law and govt that got him crucified.

I dont blame atheists for not talking out in Nigeria. I'm an atheist and in Europe, I speak with confidence. Shameful that my country Nigeria has persecutors like you who ostracize atheists for their beliefs
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 01, 2012
logicboy:

The biggest coward is your Jesus christ. The guy could not address the slavery around him. The guy could not even speak against the corrupt system of the law and govt that got him crucified.

I dont blame atheists for not talking out in Nigeria. I'm an atheist and in Europe, I speak with confidence. Shameful that my country Nigeria has persecutors like you who ostracize atheists for their beliefs

Next the horde would be screaming for "tolerance" and moaning about "insults".
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 9:11pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

you shld note that the acclaimed "atheist" countries where once thriving bastions of christianity at a time majority of inventions we now use today where made. Some intellectual honesty is required of you bro.

But they are atheists now. So, who is the deceitful one between me and you.

They threw away christianity for a reason. Peace and equality.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by beafroast: 9:11pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

thank you. stick to the romance pages. Thanks
Thanks also.
But i dont do romance either.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 9:12pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

Next the horde would be screaming for "tolerance" and moaning about "insults".

What part of saying the fact that Jesus was a coward that did not speak up against the slavery of injustice is intolerant?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 01, 2012
logicboy:

By persecutors you mean your own family? sorry the vast majority of us nigerians could care less about your religious leanings if you didnt come here to tell us. Dont blame the lack of freewill in your family on us... my uncle is an ogun worshiper, no one bothers him one bit. He is perfectly free to worship his cutlass all day without fear of "persecution". Maybe your family is the problem.

Yeah sure you have confidence to speak in europe because at least you can hide among the throng.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 01, 2012
logicboy:

What part of saying the fact that Jesus was a coward that did not speak up against the slavery of injustice is intolerant?

Well dont whine if i call you a coward as well. See, it goes both ways. Cant call Christ a coward then cry like a girl when others show you the lack of respect you routinely show them
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 01, 2012
logicboy:

But they are atheists now. So, who is the deceitful one between me and you.

They threw away christianity for a reason. Peace and equality.

Stup[i]i[/i]d bonehead. the idea is that atheism is NOT what made those countries prosper. They were prospering LONG before atheism gained ground and at a time the church was the sole religious institution.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 9:15pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

Well dont whine if i call you a coward as well. See, it goes both ways. Cant call Christ a coward then cry like a girl when others show you the lack of respect you routinely show them

What evidence do you have to call me a coward? I have a sound basis for calling Jesus a coward. Why didnt Jesus speak up against slavery?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 01, 2012
logicboy:

What evidence do you have to call me a coward? I have a sound basis for calling Jesus a coward. Why didnt Jesus speak up against slavery?

the fact that lilly-livered id[i]i[/i]ots like you can only howl about your atheism online where no one can see you. Try telling your daddee... grin
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 9:21pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

Stup[i]i[/i]d bonehead. the idea is that atheism is NOT what made those countries prosper. They were prospering LONG before atheism gained ground and at a time the church was the sole religious institution.

lol....you are arguing that they made progress as theocracies? You fail, particularly in Asia with no history of christianity

Please tell me how christianity or theocracy helped Japan. Or how theocracy helped South Korea's economy.

Coming to Europe, tell me how theocracy built sweden's economy
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by mrmayor(m): 9:21pm On May 01, 2012
@davidlan, You maybe right by calling atheist cowards in real life but same can be said of believers who are turning away from the faith of the families they are born into.Back in the day when the 700 Club use to be a staple in my house, I watch many stories of Muslims who committed Apostasy, turning away from the Islamic faith practised by the family they were born into and converting to Christianity but could not express their new faith till in most cases they left the Islamic communities they lived to the Western world where there is Freedom of Religion.

I have a few questions for you,

1. Assuming that you would only marry someone of the same faith & doctrine with you, what you do if during the course of the marriage your wife departs from the faith to lets say Buddhism,Atheism or worst still become a member of Christ Embassy; would you still remain in that marriage?

2. How would you react or treat a family member, you son or daughter who suddenly disowns your Christian faith for Atheism?

3. Are you sure you would be so bold to die for your faith by preaching Jesus in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia or Maiduguri?

I asked these questions not to score points but to show that many families have been turned upside down just because one member usually a child decides to change Doctrine and Church.

Seun, where is the bloody preview button?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Prophets Of Hell / The Quran Fraud Contradictions Or Great Truths? / Testimony Of First Fruits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.