Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,168 members, 7,780,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:38 AM

Atheist @ A Church Wedding! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist @ A Church Wedding! (7239 Views)

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) / How Biblical Is Church Wedding? / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 9:23pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

the fact that lilly-livered id[i]i[/i]ots like you can only howl about your atheism online where no one can see you. Try telling your daddee... grin

My dad knows I'm an atheist. I dont live in Nigeria and I'm making serious money so he has to accept it.

I'm also outspoken on my atheism in Europe where I live.

Jesus is a coward and I'm happy you accept because you keep avoiding the issue of Jesus' inaction against slavery
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by mazaje(m): 11:19pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

apples to oranges. I didnt ask you to fly to Bahrain to declare your religion. Why cant you declare your religion to your immediate family? Why shld i declare my religion in NK? Do i look asian to you?

Because my family is deluded when it comes to religion, they will feel i am going against their mythical and imaginary sky daddy that hold a very central position in their lives. . .The hold the god mythology very close and highly in their lives. . .No need talking to them since they are blinded by religious delusions. . .Will you accept your child if he becomes and atheist? what about your wife?. . .
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by joe4christ(m): 11:21pm On May 01, 2012
plaetton:

Sir, kindly point to me where jesus commanded all to worship him and him alone. I'm eager to know.

Does this scripture make any sense to you?
James 2:19
You believe that there is one God.
Good! Even the demons believe that
—and shudder.

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is
given: and the government shall be upon his
shoulder: and his name shall be called
Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The
everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

So Jesus is Lord the mighty God and he's worthy of worship due to God.

Colossians 1:
16 For by him all things were created:
things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by mazaje(m): 11:28pm On May 01, 2012
davidylan:

Spot the lie there dude

What lie?. . .here is what you wrote. .

davidylan:

The problem isnt the "lack of education" but complete cowardice from those who are staunch, [b]violent atheists on anonymous web forums [/b]but exhibit the bravery of trapped mice in real life.

You ridiculously implied atheist here are violent. . .I have seen you many times insult allah and mohammed here on NL. . .I bet if you can stand in front of a muslims like lagosshia or vexdacool and repeat any of the things you have stated here on nairaland to their faces in real life about allah and mohammed. .what does that say about you?. . idi[i]o[/i]t. . ..
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by joe4christ(m): 11:30pm On May 01, 2012
But i know you would'nt know the above due to your shallow mind and shallow way of reasoning!
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 12:22am On May 02, 2012
mazaje:

You ridiculously implied atheist here are violent. . .I have seen you many times insult allah and mohammed here on NL. . .I bet if you can stand in front of a muslims like lagosshia or vexdacool and repeat any of the things you have stated here on nairaland to their faces in real life about allah and mohammed. .what does that say about you?. . idi[i]o[/i]t. . ..

abeg leave that dude, he is a psycho incase you dont know
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 3:13am On May 02, 2012
joe4christ:

—and shudder.

Colossians 1:
things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

POINT ME TO WHERE JESUS COMMANDED ALL TO WORSHIP HIM... how difficult can this question be? WTF?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by plaetton: 5:07am On May 02, 2012
joe4christ:

—and shudder.

Colossians 1:

No sir, not at all. None of those verses makes any sense to me. Do they make any sense to you. If they do, you and I may living in parrallel universes.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by joe4christ(m): 4:46pm On May 02, 2012
musKeeto:

POINT ME TO WHERE JESUS COMMANDED ALL TO WORSHIP HIM... how difficult can this question be? WTF?

Luke 5:18-26

18 Some men came carrying a paralytic on a mat
and tried to take him into the house to lay him before
Jesus. 19 When they could not find a way to do this
because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and
lowered him on his mat through the tiles into the middle
of the crowd, right in front of Jesus.
20 When Jesus saw their faith, he said, “Friend, your
sins are forgiven.”
21 The Pharisees and the teachers of the law began
thinking to themselves, “Who is this fellow who speaks
blasphemy? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
22 Jesus knew what they were thinking and asked,
“Why are you thinking these things in your hearts?
23 Which is easier: to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to
say, ‘Get up and walk’? 24 But that you may know that the
Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins…” He
said to the paralyzed man, “I tell you, get up, take your
mat and go home.” 25 Immediately he stood up in front
of them, took what he had been lying on and went home
praising God. 26 Everyone was amazed and gave praise to
God. They were filled with awe and said, “We have seen
remarkable things today.

John 8:56

56 Your father
Abraham rejoiced as he looked forward to my coming. He
saw it and was glad.”
57 The people said, “You aren’t even fifty years old.
How can you say you have seen Abraham? j ”
58 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before
Abraham was even born, [size=15pt] I AM! [/size]

Do you know the word I AM is a name? It's a name God uses nuch often in the old testament, an example is in the case of moses when God sent him to liberate his people from slavery in egypt, God i dentified himself as [size=15pt] 'I AM'
[/size]

Exodus 3
13 But Moses protested, “If I go to the people of
Israel and tell them, ‘The God of your ancestors has sent
me to you,’ they will ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then
what should I tell them?”
14 God replied to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. d Say this
to the people of Israel: [size=15pt] I AM [/size] has sent me to you.”

So Jesus is thesame as the God of the old testament, to understand this is to understand the functionalities of the Godhead.

Colossians 1:19

For God in all his fullness was pleased to
live in Christ.

Colossians 2:9

For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in
a human body.

And if in him dwell the fulness of the Godhead bodily then that makes him God and legitimately he's entitled to honour reserved for God cos he's God.

So, do you espect him to start pleading with humanity to ascribe to him all worships, praises and glory due to a God? If he had done that would'nt u have been the first to call him a praise seeking God who loves attention?
But no, he humbled himself and for that reason God the father elevated him high above all powers by giving him a name above every name that at the mentioning of that name every power of darkness will crumble.

So Jesus is Lord, should in case you dont have an idea!
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 02, 2012
So he didn't do it? THAT SETTLES THE MATTER, I THINK..
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 5:21pm On May 02, 2012
musKeeto: So he didn't do it? THAT SETTLES THE MATTER, I THINK..

So you finally see the lies of your christian brethren?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by dekung(m): 7:02pm On May 02, 2012
@All,
I think its high time we all started ignoring this foul mouthed or foul finngered davidylan or whatever he calls himself. This thread had nothing to do with the kind of arguments he brought up. He just jumped into the post and started insulting everyone. My problem is not with him but with the mods who should have banned this rooster brained mo.ron. He never brings up any meaningful or intellectually sound rebuttal, rather he goes arround hurling insults at people once you do not subscribe to his mythical religious convictions. This thread only request for people's experience at ceremonies which are always religious and in comes low life vermmin called davidylan. Am quite sure the guy comes from an aabusive background in which either or both parents abused The children. His father is/was a deranged maniac who assaults his wife for the flimsiest excuse and the woman on the other hand takes out her frustrations on the children. The guy doesnt know any better, the only thing he knows and does best is insult. He is brain dead that is why he cannot come up with any sensible argument, I wonder what he would do if his wife had a dissenting view on any issues. He comes up with arguments that lack depth and accademic/ religious content. The only reason he is sometimes able to write his long and meaningless posts is that he embelishes and sandwiches them with insults, this is the reason why I blame the mods. Please people, lets IGNORE the guy, irrespective of what he writes and lets make this thread fun again. Jesoul, please try and caution this irrate christian jihadist. He fouls up rewarding threads. This thread could have been good but see what he did?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 02, 2012
dekung: @All,
I think its high time we all started ignoring this foul mouthed or foul finngered davidylan or whatever he calls himself. This thread had nothing to do with the kind of arguments he brought up. He just jumped into the post and started insulting everyone. My problem is not with him but with the mods who should have banned this rooster brained mo.ron. He never brings up any meaningful or intellectually sound rebuttal, rather he goes arround hurling insults at people once you do not subscribe to his mythical religious convictions. This thread only request for people's experience at ceremonies which are always religious and in comes low life vermmin called davidylan. Am quite sure the guy comes from an aabusive background in which either or both parents abused The children. His father is/was a deranged maniac who assaults his wife for the flimsiest excuse and the woman on the other hand takes out her frustrations on the children. The guy doesnt know any better, the only thing he knows and does best is insult. He is brain dead that is why he cannot come up with any sensible argument, I wonder what he would do if his wife had a dissenting view on any issues. He comes up with arguments that lack depth and accademic/ religious content. The only reason he is sometimes able to write his long and meaningless posts is that he embelishes and sandwiches them with insults, this is the reason why I blame the mods. Please people, lets IGNORE the guy, irrespective of what he writes and lets make this thread fun again. Jesoul, please try and caution this irrate christian jihadist. He fouls up rewarding threads. This thread could have been good but see what he did?

you have a serious problem with answering cogent intellectual questions?
You have a problem with folks who expose the fact that you are all mostly dependent on the quotes of others with very little in terms of intelligent reasoning from you self-proclaimed bastions of scientific research?

i laugh in greek.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 8:46pm On May 02, 2012
davidylan:

you have a serious problem with answering cogent intellectual questions?
You have a problem with folks who expose the fact that you are all mostly dependent on the quotes of others with very little in terms of intelligent reasoning from you self-proclaimed bastions of scientific research?

i laugh in greek.

Everyone knows that ur a troll
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 02, 2012
logicboy:

Everyone knows that ur a troll

i notice none of you is smart enough to answer a single question posed to you. Fantastic stuff from the kings of noise making.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by mazaje(m): 9:31pm On May 02, 2012
davidylan:

i notice none of you is smart enough to answer a single question posed to you. Fantastic stuff from the kings of noise making.
What are the "questions"?. . . .When have you ever made a coherent statement on your own without referring to the mythical and superstitious writing of others that you were indoctrinated with?. . .I saw you wasting time pointing to the mythical writings of some unknown men who stated that a man claimed every body should worship him, no?. . .Imagine this deluded idi[i]o[/i]t that spends his entire live revering the myths of ancient men of old calling others fo[i]o[/i]ls. . . . grin
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by ea7(m): 9:52pm On May 02, 2012
@jioe for christ pls can you post the isiah a virgin will givebirth chapter. I want to point something out.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 02, 2012
mazaje:
What are the "questions"?. . . .When have you ever made a coherent statement on your own without referring to the mythical and superstitious writing of others that you were indoctrinated with?. . .I saw you wasting time pointing to the mythical writings of some unknown men who stated that a man claimed every body should worship him, no?. . .Imagine this deluded idi[i]o[/i]t that spends his entire live revering the myths of ancient men of old calling others fo[i]o[/i]ls. . . . grin

This is pure bull. Christians have never shied away from the fact that the gospel is an article of FAITH. You cannot scientifically understand the book of genesis. I am more than comfortable with biblical myths. What's your problem there?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 11:46pm On May 02, 2012
davidylan:

This is pure bull. Christians have never shied away from the fact that the gospel is an article of FAITH. You cannot scientifically understand the book of genesis. I am more than comfortable with biblical myths. What's your problem there?

You have clearly stated that your religion is fiction. Do u know wat a myth is?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 1:25am On May 03, 2012
logicboy:

You have clearly stated that your religion is fiction. Do u know wat a myth is?

No. I'll prefer to hear from your holiness... grin thou knowest all things.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 2:24am On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

No. I'll prefer to hear from your holiness... grin thou knowest all things.
And thou believest all thingss...
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 2:58am On May 03, 2012
musKeeto:
And thou believest all thingss...

... within reason.

Actually your quote applies to you as well. Thou believest all the foolish things atheists with an agenda sell to you. They told you that you appeared by chance, a statistical impossibility, and you believe them? grin
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 3:22am On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

... within reason.
Please don't fool yourself... faith demands one throws away reason... you're a man of faith, aren't you? Those stories you believe in the Bible, can they all stand the test of reason? LMAO... epic fail..

Actually your quote applies to you as well. Thou believest all the foolish things atheists with an agenda sell to you. They told you that you appeared by chance, a statistical impossibility, and you believe them? grin
I'm agnostic. ANOTHER EPIC FAIL...
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by dekung(m): 11:33am On May 03, 2012
davidylan,
Like I said in my post you are a man of depraved upbringing hance whatever you say takes you closer to making people here recommend to a therapist. Your parents raised insanity personofied, I think they probably were insane themselves.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by plaetton: 1:23pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

The chicken has finally come home to roost. You finally admit that the gospels are mere arcticles of faith, not provable or understandable facts.In other words, they are in your head.
Then you should be having no problems with athiests, because you and all athiest beleive in the same thing -namely: That god,relgious faith is all in one's head. Period.
I appreciate your honesty and candour.
Thank you.
Now do yourself a big favour and stop making a fool of your self and your religion. Keep those articles of your faith to yourself and stop writing on this public forum on things, according to you, that are not provable and understandale facts.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by lekkie073(m): 2:27pm On May 03, 2012
mrmayor:
I was @ my nephew's Church ( White)Wedding last weekend at Umuahia, I was playing my role as the father's representative and head of the family, during the course of the service, parents and both bride and groom were called up to alter for the exchange of vows. I was shocked when I was asked to pray for the couple, though I'm no believer a( Sceptic), "I not fit Fall My Hand In Far Away Umuahia" I had to pray my best "Kabashing" prayer I could come up with. wink

My prayer was better than you could see in churches,it was mixed with curses for all who wishes the couple any evil and the Congregation were echoing with very loud Amen and Amen, Nollywood would be proud, now where is my AMAA award grin

My question to all Atheist, Agnostics, (Sceptics = mrmayor) how do you handle these family situations where prayers are offered and how do you handle when you are called up to Pray, Sing etc, I assuming most Non-Believers in Nigeria are still in the CLOSET when it comes to Religion, my family see me as I'm Anti Church and nothing else.

I await your answers, no Insults.
I open my eyes and wonder at the folly going on....maybe i ll see angel raphael!
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Ayomivic(m): 3:46pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

Actually, procedure was right. A true convicted christian will NEVER pray in a mosque regardless of the pressure of public opinion BECAUSE you know in your heart that you carry the emblem of Christ that cannot be shared with other gods. A true atheist should be able to boldly declare his faithlessness... why is this not the case with the cowards here?
It be like say na athiests full NL ooo
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 03, 2012
musKeeto:
Please don't fool yourself... faith demands one throws away reason... you're a man of faith, aren't you? Those stories you believe in the Bible, can they all stand the test of reason? LMAO... epic fail..

Lets ask you then, the alternate stories you believe stand the test of reason? Statistics alone makes nonsense of the epic fail that is random, chaotic start to life.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 03, 2012
dekung: davidylan,
Like I said in my post you are a man of depraved upbringing hance whatever you say takes you closer to making people here recommend to a therapist. Your parents raised insanity personofied, I think they probably were insane themselves.

so says the hypocrite bawling about "insults". grin Water off a duck's back.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 6:53pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

Post the question again, let me destroy you as usual.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

Lets ask you then, the alternate stories you believe stand the test of reason? Statistics alone makes nonsense of the epic fail that is random, chaotic start to life.
What alternative stories? I do not believe in myths.. So you agree that the 'stories' in your SCRIPTure do not/can never stand the test of reason? Man in a whale's belle, man walking on water, hand writing on a wall during a feast?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 03, 2012
musKeeto:
What alternative stories? I do not believe in myths.. So you agree that the 'stories' in your SCRIPTure do not/can never stand the test of reason? Man in a whale's belle, man walking on water, hand writing on a wall during a feast?

but you believe in evolution no?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? / The Quran Fraud Contradictions Or Great Truths? / Testimony Of First Fruits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.