Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,885 members, 7,798,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Atheist @ A Church Wedding! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist @ A Church Wedding! (7252 Views)

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) / How Biblical Is Church Wedding? / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 11, 2012
ea7: what facts? When something impossible(practically) is recorded in only one book with no other witnesses and said boo features dragons, cockatrices and unicorns, i dont think you assign that to the pile of facts. P.s when your own senseless blathering is revealed for what it is, you turn to ad hominem and riducule, and you are supposed to be a child of God, well as they say, likke father like son. P.ss pointing out that they dont agree with me completely is not a rebuttal, that is why i posted that specifically.

why is it "impractical"? Because ea7 says so? I dont see any attempt to logically state your case besides the constant resorting to immature and puerile piffle.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 4:48pm On May 11, 2012
davidylan:

why is it "impractical"? Because ea7 says so? I dont see any attempt to logically state your case besides the constant resorting to immature and puerile piffle.

You are playing the fool again!

What is practical about talking snakes and unicorns?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by ea7(m): 5:55pm On May 11, 2012
P.ss pointing out
that they dont agree with me completely is
not a rebuttal, that is why i posted that
specifically.
I posted this before hand, can you read properly or does your ego interfere?
David, don't try to be smart, it doesn't suit you, my argument/reasoning was stated last page before you said an 11yr old child sired a son.
@logicboy I don't think he is playing/pretending, he really is one.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 11, 2012
ea7: P.ss pointing out
that they dont agree with me completely is
not a rebuttal, that is why i posted that
specifically.
I posted this before hand, can you read properly or does your ego interfere?
David, don't try to be smart, it doesn't suit you, my argument/reasoning was stated last page before you said an 11yr old child sired a son.
@logicboy I don't think he is playing/pretending, he really is one.

when are you going to logically lay out the problem with Is 7? You fool just came out and told us Hezekiah was the son involved... i laid out CLEAR FACTS why that is absolutely NOT true and even the article you quoted said that close to the end.
All you've done so far is rant on the basis of emotion. Where is the rational thinking? Arent you disgusting dupes tired of the musical chairs and copying of web articles with no attempt to read it as if you have a brain? I practically have had to READ YOUR OWN ARTICLES TO YOU!

Dumb!
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by ea7(m): 9:41pm On May 11, 2012
i did read the article, i was showing you how some christians see it, which is why I added 'done by a christian'.
There is no problem with Isaiah 7 taken by itself, as I said earlier, it refers to asign to help Ahaz keep his faith. A child to be given to him. This child was a sign at a time of distress to show that God was with him and not referring to a future virgin birth, which as I already said; would be of no use.
Again, this interpretation only appears in matthew, who has several fantastic events happen in his story.
By fantastic I mean Grand events that no historian noticed, not even the writers of other Gospels. Now. Take time to read and reply calmly, like I have just done, approach with an open mind, do not be condescending or insulting, you just look silly.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 11, 2012
ea7: i did read the article, i was showing you how some christians see it, which is why I added 'done by a christian'.
There is no problem with Isaiah 7 taken by itself, as I said earlier, it refers to asign to help Ahaz keep his faith. A child to be given to him. This child was a sign at a time of distress to show that God was with him and not referring to a future virgin birth, which as I already said; would be of no use.
Again, this interpretation only appears in matthew, who has several fantastic events happen in his story.
By fantastic I mean Grand events that no historian noticed, not even the writers of other Gospels. Now. Take time to read and reply calmly, like I have just done, approach with an open mind, do not be condescending or insulting, you just look silly. [/quote]

Actually, what you did was simply paste the link. no cerebral attempt to use it to buttress your point (oops you werent even making a point, just making a claim based on thin air).
It wasnt until i posted the tail end of the article showing the author even disagreed with your point did you note that.

Again you have devolved into making claims without any attempt to show WHY you think you are right? where are the historical facts? Where is the evidence on which you base your conclusions?

ea7:
By fantastic I mean Grand events that no historian noticed, not even the writers of other Gospels.
Now. Take time to read and reply calmly, like I have just done, approach with an open mind, do not be condescending or insulting, you just look silly.

This is baseless nonsense. Josephus does corroborate some of the stories in matthew so the idea that "no historian noticed matthew's fantastic stories" is bull.
Secondly, the gospel writers wrote their gospels from their own perspective. IF 5 different people where to write their experience at a football match, it is VERY STUP[i]I[/i]D and DISHONEST to assume that all 5 would write EXACTLY the same sequence of events.

It is interesting to note that when Matthew talks of Christ as being Immanuel, he directly quotes Isaiah 7 and NO ONE stood up to complain that the child in this case was Hezekiah as you falsely claim.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by ea7(m): 10:38pm On May 11, 2012
I would have thought my intent was clear enough
2 did josephus notice the mass rsurrection at jesus' death? Did he note the killings of Herod? Did he note the eclipse?
3 here is something else you may not have noticed in matthew: matt 28 11-15. If the gospels are eyewitness accounts, when did matthew see this?
Davidylan, it sounds like you are more interested in winning an argument than actually learning something, please watch your tone. I am moderating mine.
4 The link said that the prophecy applied to jesus and hezekiah.
5 read my previous post about why the sign cannot apply to jesus.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 22, 2012
Cool thread...
Bump..
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by UyiIredia(m): 9:15pm On Jun 27, 2013
Interesting really. Worth noting.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by kambo(m): 9:26pm On Jun 27, 2013
mrmayor:

Not sure what your point is, but I would have caused a big uproar if I refused to pray at my sister's son's wedding, my sister would think I have something against her son, this was a family function where I was acting as the young man's father. What do you suggest I do;that I refuse to attend the wedding because I may be asked do what I have no faith or believe in? Many Atheist,Agnostics, Sceptics and non religious are still in the closet because they are afraid to come out as this would definitely cause problems in very religious families especially those living in Nigeria.

If Ex-Christians find it so difficult to express to their families about their lack of believe, just imagine what Muslims are passing through where the slightest questioning of Quran or his prophet would lead to death.

At the bolded, how would you know?

if ur an atheist or sceptic , u shd b bold enuff to take ur stand 4 wat u believe in . If muslims fanatcs can die 4 their faith how much more u in less threateng events?!
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by kambo(m): 10:17pm On Jun 27, 2013
dekung: @All,
I think its high time we all started ignoring this foul mouthed or foul finngered davidylan or whatever he calls himself. This thread had nothing to do with the kind of arguments he brought up. He just jumped into the post and started insulting everyone. My problem is not with him but with the mods who should have banned this rooster brained mo.ron. He never brings up any meaningful or intellectually sound rebuttal, rather he goes arround hurling insults at people once you do not subscribe to his mythical religious convictions. This thread only request for people's experience at ceremonies which are always religious and in comes low life vermmin called davidylan. Am quite sure the guy comes from an aabusive background in which either or both parents abused The children. His father is/was a deranged maniac who assaults his wife for the flimsiest excuse and the woman on the other hand takes out her frustrations on the children. The guy doesnt know any better, the only thing he knows and does best is insult. He is brain dead that is why he cannot come up with any sensible argument, I wonder what he would do if his wife had a dissenting view on any issues. He comes up with arguments that lack depth and accademic/ religious content. The only reason he is sometimes able to write his long and meaningless posts is that he embelishes and sandwiches them with insults, this is the reason why I blame the mods. Please people, lets IGNORE the guy, irrespective of what he writes and lets make this thread fun again. Jesoul, please try and caution this irrate christian jihadist. He fouls up rewarding threads. This thread could have been good but see what he did?

so u dont like being insulted? Wat about d blatant unprovoked atheists here hav hurled against Christians by insulting their God just for fun or sport? The mods let those threads stay. The muslims also com out of their enclosure to poke their jabs and it stays.
No atheist speaks up in those instances, you flock to press the 'like' link. Feel a taste of wat others hav been xperiencg for a long while.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It True Pope Benedict XVI Converted to Islam? See This Youtube Video / Christian Evangelist Dismantles Atheism With One Scientific Question / When Last Did You Say The Hail Mary As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.