Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,582 members, 7,781,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 12:46 AM

Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum (27581 Views)

Guy Accidentally Pays N1.2Million For A Plate Of Amala And Soup / ~Gbegiri Soup Recipe~ / How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Nobody: 4:05am On Jan 09, 2009
I eat my amala with gbegiri ati ewedu and stew. kiss grin I love it but it doesn't go down well in my tummy. I don't know why. angry
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by lucabrasi(m): 8:01pm On Jan 10, 2009
you guys have mentioned the amala joints i know in ibadan and few in lagos,but in london theres an amala join in peckham called lolac(not sure of the spelling)and theres one old woman in tower bridge with ila alasepo and assorted meat, lolac is the closest to the real deal tho
@wakagirl
you can get correct ofada rice either in "designer rice"on off allen avenue in the market
lagos country club g.r.a
surulere, forgotten where
or for the original real deal theres a joint in ijebu,if you r still in naija i could ask someone for the name,but its worth it trust me wink
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by shillla: 3:43am On Jan 16, 2009
hi na so u take like the food amala na waaoooooooooooo hope u are not missing it much
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by igbalajobi: 3:52pm On Jun 30, 2009
femionasan (m) Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum
« #25 on: November 10, 2007, 10:35 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Men while i was serving in Ibadan there was this place in the secretariat, every morning i was there. So tey i dey collect free food twice a week. No joke o!!! Abula was the bomb then they added the goat meat to it (ogufe) kai men i miss service. Morning and afternoon u go see me there.
[i][/i]

same with me, one woman dey the other secretariat wey we have the ministry of women & social devpt. Na waya
I love it with pure ewewu that had been cooked with so much egusi & shawa fish

i want chop amala o
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by twinskenny(m): 7:15am On Jan 13, 2010
igbalajobi:

femionasan (m) Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum
« #25 on: November 10, 2007, 10:35 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Men while i was serving in Ibadan there was this place in the secretariat, every morning i was there. So tey i dey collect free food twice a week. No joke o!!! Abula was the bomb then they added the goat meat to it (ogufe) kai men i miss service. Morning and afternoon u go see me there.
[i][/i]

same with me, one woman dey the other secretariat wey we have the ministry of women & social devpt. Na waya
I love it with pure ewewu that had been cooked with so much egusi & shawa fish

i want chop amala o

you wan go back for service??
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by twinskenny(m): 7:17am On Jan 13, 2010
I heard of Amala Shita around surulere, please who know the exact location>??

I hear the amala they serve there is bomb too,
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by oyinda3(f): 7:25am On Jan 13, 2010
ahhhhh
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by twinskenny(m): 7:47am On Jan 13, 2010
Oyinda, yes please do u ave the info I think i know most amala joint here in Lagos except that one, grin grin
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Moyola(f): 10:13pm On Jan 14, 2010
Gbegiri!! euugghh!! iyanma! I puked d day I tasted it! embarassed tongue
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by knotty(m): 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2010
Moyola:

Gbegiri!! euugghh!! iyanma! I puked d day I tasted it! embarassed tongue

ta! get out of here.
yeye person.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by jot01(m): 4:54am On Aug 31, 2010
Them say Person wey Never eat for street go say Na Him Mama Soup Sweet Pass.

From Fagba Junction ( Taxi Park) there is a woman who sells correct food wey all Bois dey Swagar eat there.
Also after Railway for same fagba,Agege, One woman dey beside the road, na Canopy she use cover there and close to the gutter but Men no care, even Politicians dey park cars and eat with there Security Siren on.lol

After that, same Jonathan Coker Road,Fagba,Agege, befre turning to Abule Egba, you have another Amala Join there, Iya Ahmed. This one na correct food.

Now . lets go to Apete in Ibadan, We eat Iya Nija, for Awotan Road, Any Poly Ibadan Student should knw there and also For Oja Apete, we eat Yahoo Rice, this one na only Jollof and friend rice with everything you can Imgine on it.

Then we go to Sango at the Buses Garage going to Lagos, there is a woman there.

Now lets go to Mama Ope Food Canteen.

She own street Canteen in Mokola and executive one around other side of Mokola going to Challenge area,

So, if you never taste any of this food, u go dey think say na Your Mama Food sweet pass in da world.

Give a trial, lol
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2010
jot01:

Them say Person wey Never eat for street go say Na Him Mama Soup Sweet Pass.

From Fagba Junction ( Taxi Park) there is a woman who sells correct food wey all Bois dey Swagar eat there.
Also after Railway for same fagba,Agege, One woman dey beside the road, na Canopy she use cover there and close to the gutter but Men no care, even Politicians dey park cars and eat with there Security Siren on.lol

After that, same Jonathan Coker Road,Fagba,Agege, befre turning to Abule Egba, you have another Amala Join there, Iya Ahmed. This one na correct food.

Now . lets go to Apete in Ibadan, We eat Iya Nija, for Awotan Road, Any Poly Ibadan Student should knw there and also For Oja Apete, we eat Yahoo Rice, this one na only Jollof and friend rice with everything you can Imgine on it.

Then we go to Sango at the Buses Garage going to Lagos, there is a woman there.

Now lets go to Mama Ope Food Canteen.

She own street Canteen in Mokola and executive one around other side of Mokola going to Challenge area,

So, if you never taste any of this food, u go dey think say na Your Mama Food sweet pass in da world.

Give a trial, lol

guy, how come you know all these joints cheesy
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by jot01(m): 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2010
@ Mdsocks
I Grew up in Iju Broh.

We rule the Jonathan Coker Rd and Kowope, lol

Well, thats where i grew up in Lagos and also my HND in Ibadan Poly.

So that how i know those Place. You know any of dem?

Cheers
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 02, 2010
jot01:

@ Mdsocks
I Grew up in Iju Broh.

We rule the Jonathan Coker Rd and Kowope, lol

Well, thats where i grew up in Lagos and also my HND in Ibadan Poly.

So that how i know those Place. You know any of dem?

Cheers

nah, na only one snake joint i know for isolo,

though , i dont eat, but got lots of peeps salivating over this womans food grin

and for ilorin, check maraba area, opp Mr Biggs, one woman dey dish nice and hot amala out for that area cheesy
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 03, 2010
Amala no get any substitute.I like takin it with okro n not dat little child's shiiit calld gbejiri or wateva u call it.
Casette at Aguda.I think d woman is calld iya luku.Giv it a try n u will com bck here 2 tank me.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 27, 2010
OMG, where are the pictures, all the true amala/gbegiri lovers pls show your logo. Never was a big fan, but for some reason I started craving Gbegiri a week ago and decided to make some. Indulge!!

Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by MyJoe: 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2010
stillwater:

I eat my amala with gbegiri ati ewedu and stew. kiss  grin I love it but it doesn't go down well in my tummy. I don't know why. angry
Eliminate the gbegiri and reduce the stew. It tastes just as nice and that should solve the problem. Also make sure the ewedu was not left over from the previous day (some sell that) but is as fresh as possible. I doubt there is a way amala with fresh ewedu and a little amount of fresh stew will trouble your tummy.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2010
sweet amala! grin
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by knotty(m): 11:38am On Sep 30, 2010
i am drooling at the sight of those pics.

But, i must add that the kind of amala and gbegiri locals like me know and love is not served like that.

the gbegiri is always the main soup with the ewedu being the topping.

that is how all the Iya Alamala serve them.

i cant seem to get any top of the range amala place in Apapa.
Any idea, anyone, please?
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 12:36pm On Sep 30, 2010
hmmmm! these pictures are wicked! grin
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 2:01pm On Sep 30, 2010
The green part of the stew, are those Ewedu?
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2010
I hate Amale with passion . . . . so gross of a food, But love Ewedu
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by knotty(m): 2:09pm On Sep 30, 2010
^^^^
good for you.

and yes, the greenish thingy is Ewedu.

Fhemmy just go dey sell your motor and leave better food for better people.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2010
knotty:

^^^^
good for you.

and yes, the greenish thingy is Ewedu.

Fhemmy just go dey sell your motor and leave better food for better people.

Chief, i like food oh.
If you know why i hate that black thing, you would agree with me, but then, i will still eat the white one, but that black thing that looks like poison, i will jump and pass . . . . tongue
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2010
LWKMD, @ Fhemmy, y do u dislike amala so much?
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 4:50pm On Sep 30, 2010
labalaba:

LWKMD, @ Fhemmy, y do u dislike amala so much?

I remember one day, when i was growing up and my Aunt-In-Law made amala, but i was too tired to eat, when i woke up in the morning, the Amala has turn liquid, that freaked me out . . . and looks yawk . . . . since then, i will never touch the black thing with a pole . . . . .so gross
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 30, 2010
buhahahah, Childhood Trauma hen, I understand now. lol
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 7:40pm On Sep 30, 2010
labalaba:

buhahahah, Childhood Trauma hen, I understand now. lol

Yes oh . . . . . . Now u see why.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by zayhal(f): 6:17pm On Oct 03, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I remember one day, when i was growing up and my Aunt-In-Law made amala, but i was too tired to eat, when i woke up in the morning, the Amala has turn liquid, that freaked me out . . . and looks yawk . . . . since then, i will never touch the black thing with a pole . . . . .so gross

It turned liquid because it wasn't well prepared. Either the elubo (yam powder) was mixed or your anty didn't allow it to cook well before serving it.

A well cooked amala can still be heated up and eaten the following day.

Because of this thread, I'm going to prepare amala, gbegiri and ewedu tonight. cheesy
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fhemmmy: 5:10am On Oct 04, 2010
zayhal:

It turned liquid because it wasn't well prepared. Either the elubo (yam powder) was mixed or your anty didn't allow it to cook well before serving it.

A well cooked amala can still be heated up and eaten the following day.

Because of this thread, I'm going to prepare amala, gbegiri and ewedu tonight. cheesy

We she has made me to hate that black "poison" like of a something called food . . . . Nothing would make me eat that black substance again . . . . . Never

If you male your own, take the pix and make sure you show us . . . no go buy for restaurant and come and display oh.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by knotty(m): 6:58am On Oct 04, 2010
Now calling what our forebears have been eating for ages POISON is being uncharitable.

if you are unlucky to have had a harrowing about experience with Amala because an old Auntie got it all wrong, sorry about that. But please, move on. forget about polluting other people`s minds about this ``i hate the stuff``
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by MyJoe: 11:03am On Oct 04, 2010
knotty:

i cant seem to get any top of the range amala place in Apapa.
Any idea, anyone, please?
I recall. Ask anyone for "Iya Awe" somewhere around post office. That's was the quintessential amala place in Apapa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? / Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area / Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.