Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Can Lagos Really Be A Mega City? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Lagos Really Be A Mega City? (858 Views)

Can Lagos Be Said To Be Working When Nigeria Is Not Working? / How Bad Can Lagos Drainage Problems Get? / Nigeria's 'worst Place To Live'- Can Lagos compete with New York or London? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Lagos Really Be A Mega City? by stillme(m): 8:23pm On Apr 29, 2012
In his own capacity,Governor Babatunde Fashola is trying to fix the little he can do. Taking a look at Lagos state generally,i can see without doubt, there are great improvements in some parts of the state. If one can compare Lagos of 2003 with Lagos of now,one will give our Governor BRF thumps up.
We all know he can only do little considering the major problems facing Lagos state. Out of the major problems,no one has been able to focus attention on uncivilised ways of life of many lagosians. This is really a major problem that bedevil Lagos state.It bothers my mind alot. I wondered how a mega city can be built with less human beings,with insane commercial drivers,ignorant and pathetic okada riders,corrupt policeman and lastma officials,rude dirty pepper sellers and meat sellers in the market,agberos constituting nuisance on the roads,educated illerates with suit and tie littering the road with empty bottle water plastics with gala nylons e.t.c. How can a mega city accomodate unaccepted behaviours such as those mentioned above?
We are all part of the lagos state govt. We have duties and responsibilty to perform as lagosians. If we truly want Lagos state to become mega city,our minds must meet with the governor's mind. We should live good citizens. We should be honest in all our ways. Abide by the rules and regulations. Obey the traffic orders. Maintain govt properties. Assist govt officials in performing their duties.
Pls let us change from our old uncivilsed ways of living,and live as one who truly deserve to live in mega city.
Re: Can Lagos Really Be A Mega City? by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2012
I think you confuse the definition of a mega-city with that of a world-class city. A Mega-city is simply a city which boasts of a population of more than 10 million people. It could be a run down city but as long as it has a population more than 10 million, it is a mega-city. In that light, Lagos has been a mega-city for well over 6 years, I believe. There is no debate on that status.

However, if what you are asking is how advanced a city Lagos can get, now that is a completely difference question as there are hundreds of cities, across the world, that are light-years ahead of Lagos today. Lagos would probably need some serious investment of at least a trillion dollars, or more to compete with even the least of the hundreds of cities out there, if it even wanted to do that.

3 Likes

Re: Can Lagos Really Be A Mega City? by manny4life(m): 9:32pm On Apr 29, 2012
^^^^

Why do I have to agree with you, anyway, you're right.
Re: Can Lagos Really Be A Mega City? by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Apr 29, 2012
oh boy! lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Acn Mute Ön The Changing Of Unilag / The American Government Calls Goodluck's Regime Corrupt / Fighting Bribery And Corruption In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.