Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

Christ The Foundation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ The Foundation (3323 Views)

Today Is Christ The King Sunday / The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / The Professional Names Of Our Lord Jesus Christ The Saviour Of The Whole World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christ The Foundation by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:28am On Apr 30, 2012
Christ the Foundation
April 30, 2012

"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ" (1 Corinthians 3:11)

The only sure and lasting foundation, for either a Christian institution or an individual Christian life, is the Lord Jesus Christ. No other foundation will endure in that coming day when "the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is" (v. 13).

It is vital, therefore, to build on the foundation that Christ Himself has laid. This is laid in three courses, each of which is essential for its permanence. First of all, we must acknowledge with the apostle that: "Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands" (Hebrews 1:10). He is the Creator of all things, and therefore Lord over all.

Second, we must acknowledge with Peter that we have been "redeemed . . . with the precious blood of Christ . . . Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world" (1 Peter 1:18-20). His foreordained work of redemption thus was foundational even to the foundation of the world!

Then there is the Word of God, which is foundational to everything beyond creation and redemption. "Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them. . . . He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock" (Luke 6:47-48.)

The Lord Jesus Christ is the true foundation, for He has Himself laid every sure foundation. He created all things, His shed blood is the price to redeem all things, and His written Word, by His Holy Spirit, reveals all things needed to build a beautiful, fruitful Christian life or ministry. No other foundation will last, and "if the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?" (Psalm 11:3). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Christ The Foundation by Enigma(m): 9:17am On Apr 30, 2012
Christ Is Made The Sure Foundation (Tune: Westminster Abbey)

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBiMu6gN5sg?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBiMu6gN5sg?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Re: Christ The Foundation by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:35pm On Apr 30, 2012
"if the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?" (Psalm 11:3).

Re: Christ The Foundation by logicboy: 3:53pm On Apr 30, 2012
OLAADEGBU: "if the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?" (Psalm 11:3).

Your picture is a lie.

1) Racism and xenophobic attitudes have a positive relationship with religiousity. Religious people are more likely to be racist.

2)Homosexuality exists in christianity. There are so many gay pastors that have been caught. There are also many rev. fathers that have been caught raping young boys. Jesus behaved like a homosexual- he had 12 men following him and Jesus did not get married.

3)Christians by far have the most divorce rates.

4)Christains mostly support the death penalty/execution what right do they have to rail against euthanasia like hypocrites?

5) Why did your picture leave out war and slavery? Is that not what built christianity in Europe and Africa?

Re: Christ The Foundation by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:19pm On May 01, 2012
logicboy:

Your picture is a lie.

The picture says it all.

logicboy:

1) Racism and xenophobic attitudes have a positive relationship with religiousity. Religious people are more likely to be racist.

And that's because you don't know the difference between being religious and the righteousness of God. The religion of atheists is "evolution theory" and Charles Darwin has given you the reason to believe that you are closer to apes than him.

logicboy:

2)Homosexuality exists in christianity. There are so many gay pastors that have been caught. There are also many rev. fathers that have been caught raping young boys. Jesus behaved like a homosexual- he had 12 men following him and Jesus did not get married.

That is what the enemies of Christ accused Him of when they could not catch Him in His Word they resorted to false accusations and He did not answer them. Read Paul's letter to the evolutionists/humanists and see who God has given up to vile affections such as lesbianism and homosexuality (Romans 1:24-28).

logicboy:

3)Christians by far have the most divorce rates.

Look at the picture again and see the battle raging against the Word of God by humanists, it is unfortunate that Christians are either sleeping or are now joining forces with the humanists in destroying the foundation that Christ has laid.

logicboy:

4)Christains mostly support the death penalty/execution what right do they have to rail against euthanasia like hypocrites?

Whoever takes the life of another person deserves to be sentenced to death penalty. But what do humanists do? They give them a slap on the hand and release them to murder more people.

logicboy:

5) Why did your picture leave out war and slavery? Is that not what built christianity in Europe and Africa?

War is what you see going on up there and it is the battle for the final authority. Is God's Word your authority or man's ideology? Christians ought to wake up and bridge the broken fences.

Re: Christ The Foundation by ProPastorChris(m): 9:04pm On May 01, 2012
@ OP

nothing is more true than this piece. very inspiring and beyond all doubt.
Re: Christ The Foundation by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 01, 2012
Indeed as I have experienced in my life, all that remains was of God and all that I lost was due to my self efforts.

No details to be added to avoid giving the heathen a field day. grin

Christ is our rock and in these very worrying days , only those who have him as an anchor will stand.

Those who build on the foundation of sand ( money, trust in man, etc ) will fall and be swept away by the tides of demonic wickedness.

Make Jesus the foundation of your life today.
Re: Christ The Foundation by logicboy: 9:42pm On May 01, 2012
frosbel: Indeed as I have experienced in my life, all that remains was of God and all that I lost was due to my self efforts.

Christ is our rock and in these very worrying days , only those who have him as an anchor will stand.

Those who build on the foundation of sand ( money, trust in man, etc ) will fall and be swept away by the tides of demonic wickedness.

The same Jesus that didnt speak up against slavery? He is your foundation?
Re: Christ The Foundation by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 01, 2012
logicboy:

Ask Muhammad
Re: Christ The Foundation by logicboy: 10:04pm On May 01, 2012
frosbel:

Ask Muhammad

Muhammad was a slave dealer but at least, he the courage to say that it was ok to free a slave.

Jesus was a coward.
Re: Christ The Foundation by Kay17: 10:06pm On May 01, 2012
frosbel:

Ask Muhammad

SMH
Re: Christ The Foundation by ijawkid(m): 10:09pm On May 01, 2012
@ola.....

But I thought peter was also the rock as well....?

How many rocks do we have?

1 Like

Re: Christ The Foundation by Kay17: 10:10pm On May 01, 2012
OLAADEGBU: "if the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?" (Psalm 11:3).

Its not favourable to Christianity to pitch science only to the side of Humanism.

Most Christians I know often stress that humanist values could be found in Christianity.
Re: Christ The Foundation by ijawkid(m): 10:22pm On May 01, 2012
@logicboy....e don do for you o...

Why are u abusing Jesus my master

U must be crazy....

Can u just quote a scripture to show where Jesus supported slavery

When I mean slavery I mean slave trade...
Re: Christ The Foundation by logicboy: 10:38pm On May 01, 2012
ijawkid: @logicboy....e don do for you o...

Why are u abusing Jesus my master

U must be crazy....

Can u just quote a scripture to show where Jesus supported slavery

When I mean slavery I mean slave trade...

I said that Jesus did not speak against slave trade. He did not condemn it. Simple english.
Re: Christ The Foundation by ijawkid(m): 10:56pm On May 01, 2012
@logicboy...

So u were waiting for Jesus to run on d streets shouting and screaming that he was against slavery?

If ur problem is that he didn't speak against it then u have a problem...

The question u shuld have asked urself is did he support it either

What's rili ur problem with slavery

If I may ask are u not a slave urself

U act like d word ""slave"" is a word that leaves 1 worse than a dead person...

If I should tell and inform u Jesus himself was a SLAVE...slave of who
Slave of Yahweh...

We are all slaves(servants) to who ever is superior to us....

As far as u have a superior u automatically become a slave that person...

We all have employers don't we
We are slaves to them aren't we

If I can remember vividly I was taught slave/master relationship in industrial law in school...
Being slaves to our employers does nt mean we r useless,it only means we recognize headship...

All Yahweh wanted was for any under a superior to be submissive and obedient to that one...shikena!!!

Don't act like God supported slave trade...
Jah never supports that....
Jesus his son don't...
And true christians would never...

Never did u hear d apostles engaged in slave trade...

Not until falsehood crept into christianity before we started experiencing this sh-it ur talking about...

True christians don't and won't engage in slave trade...

And stop insulting Jesus, he did nothing wrong but encourage love amongst everybody....
Re: Christ The Foundation by logicboy: 10:59pm On May 01, 2012
ijawkid: @logicboy...

So u were waiting for Jesus to run on d streets shouting and screaming that he was against slavery?

If ur problem is that he didn't speak against it then u have a problem...

The question u shuld have asked urself is did he support it either

What's rili ur problem with slavery

If I may ask are u not a slave urself

U act like d word ""slave"" is a word that leaves 1 worse than a dead person...

If I should tell and inform u Jesus himself was a SLAVE...slave of who
Slave of Yahweh...

We are all slaves(servants) to who ever is superior to us....

As far as u have a superior u automatically become a slave that person...

We all have employers don't we
We are slaves to them aren't we

If I can remember vividly I was taught slave/master relationship in industrial law in school...
Being slaves to our employers does nt mean we r useless,it only means we recognize headship...

All Yahweh wanted was for any under a superior to be submissive and obedient to that one...shikena!!!

Don't act like God supported slave trade...
Jah never supports that....
Jesus his son don't...
And true christians would never...

Never did u hear d apostles engaged in slave trade...

Not until falsehood crept into christianity before we started experiencing this sh-it ur talking about...

True christians don't and won't engage in slave trade...

And stop insulting Jesus, he did nothing wrong but encourage love amongst everybody....

There was slavery around Jesus and yet, he said nothing
Re: Christ The Foundation by ijawkid(m): 7:21am On May 02, 2012
@logÍcboy..

SÓ when .Jesus castigated d pharisees for oppressing d less privilegded what was that

With all his teachings on forgiveness u mean u still wanted him to shout into ur ears about slavery

Jesus was good @ actions not just words...
That's why on many occasions by his actions he showed he never supported slavery(slave trade)...
He washed d legs of his sub-ordinates,teaching them that the one who wants to be the oga should be the 1 ready to serve....

U think if every1 obeyed those principles we would ever had experienced slave trade after Jesus went back to heaven...

If u rili had studied Jesus u would have learnt so much frm him,rather than abuse him.....

Jesus words if applied will make d world so different from what it is...
Re: Christ The Foundation by logicboy: 7:31am On May 02, 2012
ijawkid: @logÍcboy..

SÓ when .Jesus castigated d pharisees for oppressing d less privilegded what was that

With all his teachings on forgiveness u mean u still wanted him to shout into ur ears about slavery

Jesus was good @ actions not just words...
That's why on many occasions by his actions he showed he never supported slavery(slave trade)...
He washed d legs of his sub-ordinates,teaching them that the one who wants to be the oga should be the 1 ready to serve....

U think if every1 obeyed those principles we would ever had experienced slave trade after Jesus went back to heaven...

If u rili had studied Jesus u would have learnt so much frm him,rather than abuse him.....

Jesus words if applied will make d world so different from what it is...

Jesus never condemned slavery. Slavery was all around hime, yet he never said anything. Jesus was there condemning adultery and fornication

His apostle was even preaching slavery;

Colossians 3;22
"Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord"
Re: Christ The Foundation by ijawkid(m): 8:04am On May 02, 2012
@logic boy...
Ur so myopic...now I know...lol

Even a 2yr old child understands what colossians was talkin about...

Remember in my 1st reply to u I did explain slave/master relationship...??

I asked u if u had an employer??

Who are our earthly masters??

Ur employer is. Ur master.....
I believe ur an employeee.....

Ur employer is ur master and u have to obey him/her...

Jesus and his apostles encouraged obedience to superior authority which u apply .....
Don't u

U just jejunely applied that scripture to prove ur ignorance..

Didn't d industrial law u learnt in school not teach u slave/master relationship?

Logic boy grow up and learn to understand that d bible gives admonisions that if practiced makes u a better person....

U never for once commented on Jesus words as regards fighting wars and engaging in communal clashes....
Jesus gave us principles on which if applied wars will cease to d extremities of d earth...

But many won't apply them and so u see the chaos all over....

Like I told u the word slave means so many things and I guess you are a slave too...

Jesus is a slave of Yahweh....

Paul even admonished christians to slave for each other.....

So I don't knw what u have with slavery...

We are all slaves of our superiors,there's notin u can do about it...

Untill Gods kingdom comes,man will always dominate man.....
Re: Christ The Foundation by logicboy: 9:07am On May 02, 2012
ijawkid: @logic boy...

Jesus and his apostles encouraged obedience to superior authority which u apply .....
Don't u

Didn't d industrial law u learnt in school not teach u slave/master relationship?

Logic boy grow up and learn to understand that d bible gives admonisions that if practiced makes u a better person....

U never for once commented on Jesus words as regards fighting wars and engaging in communal clashes....
Jesus gave us principles on which if applied wars will cease to d extremities of d earth...

Like I told u the word slave means so many things and I guess you are a slave too...

Slaves obey your earthly masters. I am guessing that you're not every educated. You wish to be a slave and that is why you see nothing wrong in slavery.

There is no need to argue withyo. Even your own christians will be disgusted with you after reading your comment.
Re: Christ The Foundation by ijawkid(m): 9:46am On May 02, 2012
Logic boy ur the 1 who needs education on this subject...

You don't go around mis-interpreting scriptures to suit ur belief or to insult God and his son...

If u don't understand a scripture then shut up and learn.......

I have asked u a million times if ur not a slave urself.....

In ur little mind u feel d earthly masters there are d colonial masters who engaged in slave trade...

Think out of that box my bro that's all I'm telling u...

U think I'm sounding stupid wit my explanation because ur just too myopic to see d real meaning of what d apostles were saying...

Please and please don't go around tainting Gods image by mis-interpreting scriptures u don't and won't wanna understand...

U can keep to ur atheism and go hug darwin ur god but keep off d bible....
Its principles wen applied are for our own good...

There r thousands of bible principles which u fail to point out that if u apply them u'll be a normal being....
Re: Christ The Foundation by logicboy: 10:38am On May 02, 2012
ijawkid: Logic boy ur the 1 who needs education on this subject...

You don't go around mis-interpreting scriptures to suit ur belief or to insult God and his son...

If u don't understand a scripture then shut up and learn.......

I have asked u a million times if ur not a slave urself.....

In ur little mind u feel d earthly masters there are d colonial masters who engaged in slave trade...

Think out of that box my bro that's all I'm telling u...

U think I'm sounding stupid wit my explanation because ur just too myopic to see d real meaning of what d apostles were saying...

Please and please don't go around tainting Gods image by mis-interpreting scriptures u don't and won't wanna understand...

U can keep to ur atheism and go hug darwin ur god but keep off d bible....
Its principles wen applied are for our own good...

There r thousands of bible principles which u fail to point out that if u apply them u'll be a normal being....

1)I have no earthly masters

2) Slavery was happening during Jesus'time. The worst kind of slavery; where romans and isrealites invaded other cities and villages and enslaved the survivors.

3) As a person fromthe Niger-delta,you should be ashamed because that is where European christians came to take slaves from first. Christianity has enslaved people. You can keep denying historical fact. Even numerous churches have aplogised for slave trade.
Re: Christ The Foundation by ckkris: 10:59am On May 02, 2012
Logicboy cannot oppose Jesus more than satanists Voltaire, Joseph Stalin, or Mao. The Church is expanding in millions in China. One of the best books on Christianity was written by Watchman Nee, who was killed in a prison by Chairman Mao's Communists, who, like ilogics, said there is no God. A Nigerian, Pastor Adelaja is winning many converts in the former Soviet Union, where devil-possessed Communists forced people not to worship God. Logic lies is not a problem at all.
Re: Christ The Foundation by Kay17: 11:19am On May 02, 2012
ijawkid: @logic boy...

Don't u

This is poor display of legal principles. Master and Servant is centred an employment relationship and found on concensus on the other hand, a slave is a res of the master.slave/master relat. is property law.

Imperfect humanists have been able to reason that slavery is a consequence of social injustice and inequality. Slavery is inherently EVIL and unacceptable in a civilized society. Man is born free, but religion bounds him in chain everywhere.

U are not putting ur religion in a bad light.
Re: Christ The Foundation by logicboy: 11:28am On May 02, 2012
ckkris: Logicboy cannot oppose Jesus more than satanists Voltaire, Joseph Stalin, or Mao. The Church is expanding in millions in China. One of the best books on Christianity was written by Watchman Nee, who was killed in a prison by Chairman Mao's Communists, who, like ilogics, said there is no God. A Nigerian, Pastor Adelaja is winning many converts in the former Soviet Union, where devil-possessed Communists forced people not to worship God. Logic lies is not a problem at all.

Ignorance is the christian's best friend.

China will never be christian- Chinese do not like being told that they are inferior to white people (Jews)

Christianity is dying in Russia just like other parts of Europe
Re: Christ The Foundation by ijawkid(m): 11:56am On May 02, 2012
Y'all slaves 1 way or the other.....atheists,christians,muslims,everybody.....
We r all slaves....if u feel u aint a slave then go leave outside this earth....

Logic boy have u ever heard of false christians b4

Yeah false christians pretendin to be christians were d 1's who took part in d act of slave trade...
It was false christianity that engaged in wars and genocides....
Jesus christ never taught nor supported all those vile things.

I asked u if any of d 1st century christians engaged in slave trade u still haven't given me an answer...

False christians will always mess up what Jesus stood for,but Jesus and d principles he fostered will always remain d same.....

Learn from Jesus and despise false christians...

Ok
Re: Christ The Foundation by logicboy: 12:09pm On May 02, 2012
ijawkid: Y'all slaves 1 way or the other.....atheists,christians,muslims,everybody.....
We r all slaves....if u feel u aint a slave then go leave outside this earth....

Logic boy have u ever heard of false christians b4

Yeah false christians pretendin to be christians were d 1's who took part in d act of slave trade...
It was false christianity that engaged in wars and genocides....
Jesus christ never taught nor supported all those vile things.

I asked u if any of d 1st century christians engaged in slave trade u still haven't given me an answer...

False christians will always mess up what Jesus stood for,but Jesus and d principles he fostered will always remain d same.....

Learn from Jesus and despise false christians...

Ok

Lol, when a christian does good,he is a christian, when he does bad,he is a false christian.

Slavery in the 1st century
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_ancient_Rome
Re: Christ The Foundation by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:29pm On May 03, 2012
ProPastorChris: @ OP

nothing is more true than this piece. very inspiring and beyond all doubt.

Yes brother. Jesus is truly our firm foundation, all other grounds are sinking sands.
Re: Christ The Foundation by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:32pm On May 03, 2012
frosbel: Indeed as I have experienced in my life, all that remains was of God and all that I lost was due to my self efforts.

Very true. Our Lord Jesus Christ is the rock of our salvation on which we stand all other ground is drifting sand.
Re: Christ The Foundation by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:38pm On May 03, 2012
logicboy:

The same Jesus said that you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free. He also said if the Son shall make you free you will be free indeed. It's the truth that you know that will set you free from the slave prison of sin.

Re: Christ The Foundation by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:41pm On May 03, 2012
ijawkid: @ola.....

But I thought peter was also the rock as well....?

How many rocks do we have?

Is Peter the rock on which you stand?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vision Of Celebrities Footballers Pastors Gadaffi In Hell Fire By Emmanuel Agyar / Good Morning Have A Lovely Weekend! Ihaveagod.com / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Nuggets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.