Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,526 members, 7,808,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child (50427 Views)

Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police / An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. / The Story Of An Abandoned Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2012
I already followed her, but thot I should be able to send her a message once that's being done. Arrgggh! I don't understand nairaland anymore.
@mutter, got ur msg but unfortunately can't reply back. Wait a min! I just got one msg now showing ur email addy. Will mail u soon but d network is acting up now. I just managed to send this one.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by OAM4J: 3:48pm On Jun 06, 2012
Fellow Nairalanders,

TeHN has been looking at the case of this abandon child and considering all available options to help her.

We are putting finishing touches into our action plan and very soon we shall update you all and seek for your support in other to help and better the life of this child.

Thank you all.

TeHN
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by OAM4J: 5:10am On Jun 09, 2012
[b]Dear Nairalanders,

First we will like to appreciate most of you who have been supporting our numerous calls to help those in need, we are ever grateful and pray that the good Lord will always raise help for you in your time of need.

Some of you would recall, a thread was started late last year on a man called Mr Monday Obuh and his family who were reported by PM news to be living under the bridge at Cele Bus Stop, Lagos, due to their inability to afford personal accommodation. To God be the glory, the Obuhs now live in an apartment Nairalanders contributed to rent for them and are proud owners of a small business today. Full information is available on this thread: (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-801338.1344.html). The story was also published by ThisDay newspaper and several online blogs.

Also, early this year, We sought for your contributions on behalf of a Nairalander called Perx who had been battling with a rare medical condition known as CRPS/RSD, affecting her legs and leaving her in severe cramps, pains and unable to walk unassisted. She had a successful surgery after Nairalanders raised funds for her but unfortunately she died few days after. You can also find the details on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/855820/please-help-nairalander-perx-she

We want to use this opportunity to thank you all, especially those who supported us in cash and kind. Again we pray that God will continue to bless you and yours.

Fellow Nairalanders, we again seek your help and contributions in other to help a helpless 10 year old Ayomide who was found wandering about on one of the streets of Abeokuta by one of us queenafric.

Ayomide looks like a 3-4yrs old child due to malnourishment. Her mother abandoned her as an infant and she has since remarried and disappeared, also the father is struggling for survival somewhere in Lagos. Ayomide currently lives with her old grand mother. She can not talk but she can hear. The grand mother peels cassava for a living and barely makes ends meet. She makes N100 from each basket of cassava she peels. And because she is always busy peeling cassava, she barely has the time to look after Ayomide, thus exposing Ayomide to danger.

TeHN felt concerned and got involved with this case after reading about it on this thread opened by queenafric, after which some of our field officers traveled with queenafric to Abeokuta to verify and confirm the story.

We would have loved to get Ayomide a special school but all effort to get her one proved abortive. We therefore decided to do the following:

1. Register her to an hospital for constant & regular medical attention
2. Get her some cloths, prescribed drugs, multivitamins and lots of protein foods as she can barely chew solid food.
3. Register her to a normal school; we already found a school nearby her house with the headmaster assurance that she would get better while mixing with other kids.
4. Empower the grandmother with a pepper grinding machine and some capital to trade with pepper and foodstuffs so she will be able to look after Ayomide better.

In all we are looking for the sum of two hundred thousands Naira (N200,000) to handle this project. We therefore seek for your supports and contributions towards this project.

Please If you will want to donate money for this cause and future TeHN projects, kindly leave your email address OR mail: nairalandcharity@gmail.com if you don’t want to post your email here and we will send you the account details.

*Please account details will be sent only from nairalandcharity@gmail.com . Please disregard any other account information from another email

Thanks!
The E-Helpers Network (TeHN)
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by OAM4J: 5:13am On Jun 09, 2012
more pics and our action plan

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by OAM4J: 5:44am On Jun 09, 2012
Rationale

Step 1
The group concluded that Ayomide needs an urgent medical attention based on several reports (We visited her twice) from our field officers in conjunction with the nler (queenafrique)
The group concluded that in order for ayomide to have a full recovery, it had be advisable to provide her with all the necessary prescribed medications as well as essentials that will help soothe her rehabilitation

Step 2
The group is of the belief that if we are able to empower grandma with own little business/minimal start-up investment, she had be able to continue the full rehabilitation without needing us to constantly check up on her

Step 3
The group concluded that Ayomide needs to be educated just like everyone of us so she can stand a better chance later on in life

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by r231(m): 6:34am On Jun 09, 2012
Every little help counts

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 7:17am On Jun 09, 2012
God bless everyone as they donate to Ayomide's cause. I feel so happy that she would be getting the needed help.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Tgirl4real(f): 11:23am On Jun 09, 2012
You guys are doing a wonderful job. God will surely reward you all.

I saw it earlier on the facebook page. I have requested for the account details over there already.

Much Love.

Regards,

Tgirl4real.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Tgirl4real(f): 11:23am On Jun 09, 2012
OAM4J: Rationale

Step 1
The group concluded that Ayomide needs an urgent medical attention based on several reports (We visited her twice) from our field officers in conjunction with the nler (queenafrique)
The group concluded that in order for ayomide to have a full recovery, it had be advisable to provide her with all the necessary prescribed medications as well as essentials that will help soothe her rehabilitation

Step 2
The group is of the belief that if we are able to empower grandma with own little business/minimal start-up investment, she had be able to continue the full rehabilitation without needing us to constantly check up on her

Step 3
The group concluded that Ayomide needs to be educated just like everyone of us so she can stand a better chance later on in life

Very good steps. God bless you all.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2012
Reporting for duty
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by r231(m): 12:22pm On Jun 09, 2012
Tgirl4real: You guys are doing a wonderful job. God will surely reward you all.

I saw it earlier on the facebook page. I have requested for the account details over there already.

Much Love.

Regards,

Tgirl4real.

Done. . . . Thanks
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by naylove(m): 2:18pm On Jun 09, 2012
This is good to know.one of the reasons y i love NL. I will help in my little way pls
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by kenraj(m): 2:18pm On Jun 09, 2012
kenraj001@yahoo.com

Thats my email account, i will be expecting the acct details...
A little will count..
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Afam4eva(m): 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2012
Let's do it again.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by remcoface: 2:46pm On Jun 09, 2012
OAM4J: Rationale

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Thank you very much for all you do.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 09, 2012
All will be well in Jesus name
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by remcoface: 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2012
queenafric: God bless everyone as they donate to Ayomide's cause. I feel so happy that she would be getting the needed help.
Thanks for helping the helpless and May the Almighty God be with you and your entire family.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by kollymercy(m): 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2012
Fxkollyjay@gmail.com,

Account details plz.

Keep d work going. U av got a great heart. Thanks.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by r231(m): 2:57pm On Jun 09, 2012
kenraj: kenraj001@yahoo.com

Thats my email account, i will be expecting the acct details...
A little will count..

Account info sent
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by remcoface: 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2012
Deleted
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by ayobase(m): 3:00pm On Jun 09, 2012
Good job being done out there.
Im happy to hear we are having this from Nairaland......KUDOS.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by freecocoa(f): 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2012
Please dear good people of nairaland,no amount is too small to give but a big one wouldn't hurt either wink.

May God reward you abundantly as you help.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 09, 2012
chichi_kemas@yahoo.com. pls do send me the account details.may the lord reward u for ur kind gestures
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by ifyalways(f): 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2012
Well done guys!
Donations of clothing and sundry items are welcome too.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by armyofone(m): 3:36pm On Jun 09, 2012
how can someone western union money in this case?
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by OAM4J: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2012
berem: chichi_kemas@yahoo.com. pls do send me the account details.may the lord reward u for ur kind gestures

Account Information sent to your mail. Thanks.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by OAM4J: 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2012
armyofone: how can someone western union money in this case?

Please send us an email and we will mail you the contact the western union should be sent to.

Thanks.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by anonimi: 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2012
Please send me the account details for paypal: voiture23@gmail.com
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by r231(m): 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2012
anonimi: Please send me the account details for paypal: voiture23@gmail.com

account info sent

thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

My Wife Wants To Leave Me / New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage / 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.