Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria (10797 Views)

Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath / My Boyfriend's Parents Don't Approve Me, And They Haven't Even Met Me Yet / I Am African, My Boyfriend Is IGBO, Can We Make It? Help Me Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by TANUSHKA(f): 10:57am On Nov 11, 2007
GOOD DAY! FOR EVERYBODY!
I JUST NEED SOME COMMENT
AM LIVING WITH NIGERIAN GUY - IGBO 26 Y.O.
WE ARE TOGETHER AROUND 2 YEARS.
AND NOT LONG TIME AGO HE STARTED TELLING ME ABOUT LIKE HIS TRADITIONAL THIG- TAKE AN OATS.
I DONT KNOW IF I WRITE IT RIGHT BUT ITS WHEN U GIVIN SOME PROMISES TO EACH OTHER WITH BLOOD. IS WHAT I UNDERSTOOD AND IF U'LL MISTAKE U CAN EVEN DIE.
I WILL VERY GLAD TO HEAR ANY OPINION ABOUT THAT!
WHAT DOES IT SHOW IF HE WANTS TO DO THAT, AND WHAT IS IT ?
IN MY COUNTRY WE ARE NOT USIN SUCH THINGS.
AND ONE MORE  AM PREGNANT FOR HIM HE ACCEPT THAT, WAS VERY HAPPY, TELLIN I WANT IWANT IWANT
DOES IT MEANS THAT HE READY TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAT OR HE JUST HAPPY ,  HOW THIS THING HAPPANING IN NIGERIA.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 11, 2007
@ TANUSHKA: не участвовать в любого рода присягу, особенно в крови одно! Не делайте этого, пожалуйста! : shocked shocked shocked

О Вас время беременности, и он счастлив, hmm. Это НЕ означает, что он готов взять на себя ответственность и жениться вам.

Что делает он зарабатывают на жизнь? Где он живет сейчас? Если он живет в России сейчас, как долго он существует?

Какова его иммиграционный статус?

Пожалуйста, очень осторожно, очень общие для африканских мужчин жениться белых женщин, только чтобы получить иммиграционные документы. sad
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by TANUSHKA(f): 12:08pm On Nov 11, 2007
WE ARE LIVIN TOGETHER NOW,
HE IS WORKIN AND READY TO DO IT EVERY DAY WITHOUT BREAK, BUT EVERYTHIN HARD IN RUSSIA FOR AFRICANS, ECPECIALLY,
EVEN WHEN U RE GOOD EDUACATED HERE. IT DOESNT MEAN THAT U LL GETING ENOUGH MONEY.
WE ARE WAITIN FOR HIS BROTHER FROM NIGERIA WHEN HE WILL COME WE WAS PLANNING TO GET MARRIED AN GO TO DENMARK WHERE HE SISTER WITH HER HUSBAND IS LIVING. BUT NOW WITH THIS PREGNANCE WE SHOULD POSPOND EVERYTHING, HE STAYING HERE LIKE WITH MULTIPLY VISA AND EVEN IF WE WILL GET MARRIED IT WILL TAKE YEARS BEFORE HE CAN CALL HIMSELF A CITYZAN OR SOMETHING.
BECAUSE MARRIAGE DOESNT BRING ANYTHIG IN RUSSIA BUT AFTER MARRIAGE IT POSIBLE TO START APLY SOME DOC WHAT WILL GIVE RIGHT STAY HERE 3 YEARS WITHOUT GOING AND COMING BACK, BUT AUTOMATICALY NOTHING IT WILL GIVE HIM.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 11, 2007
Очень жаль слышать, что, Tanushka. Я надеюсь, что все работает для наилучшего.

Как давно вы? Планируете ли вы оставаться в России? Или поселиться в Дании или других в конечном итоге?

Кстати, я посетила Санкт-Петербург недавно, красивый город с великой историей. Я всегда хотел посетить, после прочтения книги на продовольственную блокаду в Ленинграде.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by TANUSHKA(f): 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2007
WE ARE LIVING IN SAINT-PETERSBURG, HE IS NOT PLANNING TO LIVE IN RUSSIA
HE WANTED TO LIVE IN DENMARK OR SPAIN AND SOMETIMES VISIT RUSSIA COS MY RELATIVES IS LIVING HERE
WE WAS PLANING TO DO EVERYTHING DURING THIS YEAR I MEAN TRAVEL FROM RUSSIA.
BUT NOW I THINK IT WILL TAKE MORE TIME
THE PROBLEM U DIDNT EXPLAIN WHAT IS TAKE AN OATS? EVERYBODY DOING THIS IN NIGERIA?
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by TANUSHKA(f): 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2007
why i see ur replys in russian language u can write in english i will understand!
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by janami(f): 1:51pm On Nov 11, 2007
oaths wit a guy? God forbid. that is a one way ticket to death here in nigeria. i mean, i have been dating my boyfriend for like 8 years and i will neva dream of taking an oath with him. not in my wildest dreams even if i will love to keep him. the thing is that oat taking is very dangerous here in nigeria. it requires some traditional routines and rituals that ar very binding. something like if u look at another man with lust or even think of sleeping with another guy, either u run mad or u die. oaths are very dangerous
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by janami(f): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2007
and to clarify smtg, not everybody is doing it in Nigeria. rather, i think almost everybody is trying to steer clear of it. if u ask a guy in naija to take oaths with u, the guy will RUN grin
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by janami(f): 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2007
siena, what's that?
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by shoti(m): 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2007
i just wish to drop one or two hints about ur point.the issue of oaths come to place when there is no trust in a relationship.i can tell u that from experience. that nobody ever did that without regret.we should know that game of love should be a willing act not by acting under a spell.dont succumb to pressure.the resuit is always not good.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by TANUSHKA(f): 2:07pm On Nov 11, 2007
IF TO BE HONEST WE HAVE DONE THAT, COS HE WAS NOT AROUND FOR SOME MONTH AND WEN HE CAME BACK TO ME
HE WAS SO HAPPY AND HE DIDNT KNOW HOW TO PROVE   THAT HE HAS STRONG FEELINGS 4 ME.
HE ASKED ME  TO TAKE AN OATS AND I WAS AGREED
AFTER SOME MONTH I WAS VERY ANGRY WIT HIM AND SAID DAT I WANT TO BROKE IT UT
IT WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME WEN I ASKED THAT AND HE ALWAYS RUN AVAY FROM HOUSE IF I BRING THIS TIPIC.
BUT THE LAST TIME I SHOWED HIM HOW SERIOUS I AM.WE FIGHT 3 HOURS BEFORE WE DID IT.
HE WAS CRYING BUT WE BROKE IT UP.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by TANUSHKA(f): 2:14pm On Nov 11, 2007
janami:

and to clarify smtg, not everybody is doing it in Nigeria. rather, i think almost everybody is trying to steer clear of it. if u ask a guy in naija to take oaths with u, the guy will RUN grin
BUT MAYBE AFTER DAT IF GUY JUST START RUNNING AWAY MAYBE IT MEANS HE IS AFRAID OF HIMSELF
OR HE IS NOT SURE ABOUT RELATIONSHIP WITH GIRL THINKING THAT ONE DAY HE WILL F**K ANOTHER GIRL
BUT I DIDNT KNOW ABOUT DAT B4 MY BOYFRIEND TOLD ME AND ASK ME TO DO DAT
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by janami(f): 2:22pm On Nov 11, 2007
the thing is, the people we might feel so close to, might love with our whole heart and think the world revolves around them might not be the person that we will get married to. i like to be a realist. one's affections can change anytime and anyday. one can never tell. and i think ur boyfriend was wrong to key into ur ignorance of this whole oath issue. u guys broke what up? the oat or the relationship. i advise that u go for deliverance o
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by spoilt(f): 2:41pm On Nov 11, 2007
Taking a blood oath is not really a nigerian tradition. It is a spiritual thing. Dont do it. I think your word is enough. You dont have to make any promise backed by blood. If at any time you change your mind about being with him, a lady is allowed to change her mind. grin
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by arinzology(m): 3:14pm On Nov 11, 2007
JUNAMI WHY U WAN SPOIL DAT 9JAH GUY RUNS,

NO TRY AM OOOOO.

ALLOW DAT HUSSLA TO DO HIS RUNS WELL ABEG NO POUR SANSA 4 HIM GARI.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by walcolm(m): 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2007
Tanushka,

as you have been advised by an earlier post, blood oath is not a nigerian thing!!! it is quite rare in modern day nigeria.

it is a universally EVIL practise that can jeopardise your life. do not allow him to force you into such a thing

all the best
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2007
oath taking is not a nigerian thing.
it is an evil praticise.
dont do it for any reasons.
its hardly revokable.
its consequences are very grave.
BUT if you go ahead and do it or have done it already,then
I PRAY YOU DONT REGRET IT .
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by faketan(m): 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2007
As my wife has said earlier, please do not go into oat taking except for public office. I have been with ify. . for a long time (6 years) and we have been doing it fine but no oath(blood or water) but we are good together even though Toshman, Romeo and Ikomi are jealous.

Sorry do not do it. It is bad. But if you insist, we can take you guys to Okija.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by finekid(m): 5:36pm On Nov 11, 2007
What is his reason for wanting blood oath? In any case my advise is please don't do such a thing!
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by TANUSHKA(f): 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2007
i BROKE OATS BUT STILL TOGETHER.
AND FOR ME I DONT NEED THIS TYPE THINK TO CONTROL MYSELF.
I LOVE THE GUY
AND I HOPE NO NEED TO TAKE AN OATS NO TO DO STUPID THING.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by TANUSHKA(f): 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2007
finekid:

What is his reason for wanting blood oath? In any case my advise is please don't do such a thing!

IS WHAT I WANTED TO KNOW
LOVE
OR WHAT?
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by spoilt(f): 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2007
it sounds like he wants to tie you down. grin Any reason he should be afraid of losing you? are you his meal ticket? greencard hope? what? grin
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by Bankole01(m): 5:54pm On Nov 11, 2007
if e no make oath, how okija high priest go chop. a beg hurry go for okija shrine jo
ask all the dis-honorables for Abuja, all na okija alumni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by TANUSHKA(f): 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2007
spoilt:

it sounds like he wants to tie you down. grin Any reason he should be afraid of losing you? are you his meal ticket? greencard hope? what? grin
NO GREEN CARDS HERE, HE DIDNT SEE ME FOR 8 MONTH COS HE WAS IN ANOTHER COUNTRY AND WEN HE CAME BACK I DIDN T WANT TO START OUR RELATIONSHIP AGAIN
HE WAS COMING EVERY DAY TO MY WORK TRYING TO CHANGE MY MIND.
HE KNEW ALSO THAT ANOTHER GUY WANTED TO BE WIT ME TOO.
BUT WAS STILL LOVED HIM AND WE STARDET AGAIN
HE STARTED USIN BIBLE TO PROMISE DAT HE IS MINE AFTER ASK TO TAKE AN OATS
IT HAPPEN LIKE DAT
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by spoilt(f): 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2007
TANUSHKA:

NO GREEN CARDS HERE, HE DIDNT SEE ME FOR 8 MONTH COS HE WAS IN ANOTHER COUNTRY AND WEN HE CAME BACK I DIDN T WANT TO START OUR RELATIONSHIP AGAIN
HE WAS COMING EVERY DAY TO MY WORK TRYING TO CHANGE MY MIND.
HE KNEW ALSO THAT ANOTHER GUY WANTED TO BE WIT ME TOO.
BUT WAS STILL LOVED HIM AND WE STARDET AGAIN
HE STARTED USIN BIBLE TO PROMISE DAT HE IS MINE AFTER ASK TO TAKE AN OATS
IT HAPPEN LIKE DAT

well, maybe he really likes you but you dont have to take an oath to prove your love.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by faketan(m): 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2007
hahaha real Okija alumni

Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by TANUSHKA(f): 6:21pm On Nov 11, 2007
BUT I THINK IF AM NIGERIAN GIRL NOBODY COULD WRITE DAT AM HIS GREEN CARD HOPE OR SMTH.
HE IS MY HOPE DAT WE WILL NOT STAY IN RUSSIA AND HE LL BE ABLE REALISE HIMSELF.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 11, 2007
Tanushka, sorry about my poor script! undecided

Please, don't do any sort of oath, blood or otherwise! Why is he so determined to tie you down? Bible? Blood oath?? shocked

Girl, run, and keep running!! Something stinks about the whole set-up. I think the pregnancy is also part of his ploy to tie you down!

Who's idea was the pregnancy? Please answer honestly, don't say "it was a joint decision", because I don't buy it! angry
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 11, 2007
Tanushka, please tell us what he does for a living. Not just, "he works". You've used the term "able to realise himself".

What exactly do you mean?
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by presido1: 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2007
Siena:

Who's idea was the pregnancy? Please answer honestly, don't say "it was a joint decision", because I don't buy it! angry
Why do u want to put words into her month, you asked her question at the same time telling her the ansa you will not accept. Na wah ooo.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by beneli(m): 7:52pm On Nov 11, 2007
@ Siena
Kak eto ti pishish porussky? Ti Uchilsa V Rossi chto li?
Re: My Boyfriend Wants To 'Take An Oath' In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 11, 2007
presido1:

Why do u want to put words into her month, you asked her question at the same time telling her the ansa you will not accept. Na wah ooo.

I didn't answer the question I asked, neither did I put words into her mouth.

It's either one or the other that decided to have a baby.

Unless a baby was planned from the onset, which I doubt. A bit more info makes a difference to whatever answers she'll get from here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Olubadan To Be Called Aje Ogungunniso 1 / Brief History Of King Jaja Of Opobo / Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.