Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers (8894 Views)

Interesting Blog Design For Best Global Support / Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by Nobody: 12:36am On May 01, 2012

A YOUNG Nigerian has achieved the rank of the best software developers in the world. He achieved this by being among the best 12 software developers using Oracle technology in the Oracle Application Express Developer Competition 2009. His name is Kehinde Adeyemi, a 2006 graduate of Olabisi Onabanjo University.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jan/1/15.html

The Oracle Technology Network (OTN) conducted a competition to promote the development of new Oracle Application Express (APEX) applications by Oracle developers.

Adeyemi developed a Driver's Licence and Vehicle Registration Application, which he designed to run on the internet.

He developed the application using Lagos State Motor Vehicles Department of Nigeria as a case study. The application focuses on assisting drivers' and vehicle owners in the state to apply for new drivers' licences, renew drivers licences, replace lost drivers licences, register new and used vehicles, renew numbers plate and transfer numbers plates. The application consists of forms, which applicants or registrants can fill, and also allows them to make payment using credit cards. The application then issues a confirmation slip, which they in turn submit with proofs of identity to the Motor Vehicle Department Office for further processing. The application brings the power of e-payment to prospective users.

Adeyemi has been an Oracle developer since 2005 and has garnered significant experience working with different software projects. He was the only African in the top 12 of the competition.

Peachy

5 Likes

Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by lincDzinc(m): 10:33am On May 01, 2012
Good one.. smiley
Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by Maleeq(m): 10:21am On May 02, 2012
OMG!! I work with this guy and yet I never knew he's got such accolade!

Nice one!

2 Likes

Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by Afam4eva(m): 4:58pm On May 02, 2012
This is an old news na...Ilekeidi, why are you like this na? Btw, he emerged the best 12 in a competition in Oracle and not generally. Anyways, it's good to have Nigerians doing us proud. Thumbs up Kehinde.
Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by PhysicsQED(m): 5:05pm On May 02, 2012
Congrats to him and all, but I'm genuinely surprised this was put on the front page.
Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by kaiter: 5:07pm On May 02, 2012
Maleeq: OMG!! I work with this guy and yet I never knew he's got such accolade!

Nice one!
Same here.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 02, 2012
Maleeq: OMG!! [b]I work with this guy [/b]and yet I never knew he's got such accolade!

Nice one!

You work with this guy and soo what, its that a certificate for you, Mehn grow up and stop tapping other ppls glory undecided
Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by davades(m): 5:11pm On May 02, 2012
Gbam!
Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by mekasonuk: 5:11pm On May 02, 2012
Congrats Adeyemi, this is what we want.
Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by Timileyin(m): 5:14pm On May 02, 2012
Meet you on top Sir Adeyemi
Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:20pm On May 02, 2012
By the way, Seun should better sift through worthwhile articles for the frontpage of NL. On an individual level, I congratulate the subject of this article but giving it such credence here is pretty much applauding our national mediocrity. It's not like there was any ground-breaking, cutting-edge innovation we should be jumping about. Seun should also be able to read through the sinister motives of certain posters when posting this kind of article.
Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by kunyeo(m): 5:33pm On May 02, 2012
Obi1kenobi: By the way, Seun should better sift through worthwhile articles for the frontpage of NL. On an individual level, I congratulate the subject of this article but giving it such credence here is pretty much applauding our national mediocrity. It's not like there was any ground-breaking, cutting-edge innovation we should be jumping about. Seun should also be able to read through the sinister motives of certain posters when posting this kind of article.
sir.Don't you find this more cheering than the usual news of Boko haram and occulttic looting all over the place? Rejoice with however is rejoicing,your own will come too.
Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by gsmgold: 5:39pm On May 02, 2012
Congrats adeyemi
Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:41pm On May 02, 2012
kunyeo: sir.Don't you find this more cheering than the usual news of Boko haram and occulttic looting all over the place? Rejoice with however is rejoicing,your own will come too.

You misinterpret me. That's why I congratulated the young man. I just don't feel a student coming 12th in some exam or competition for a certain developer is worthy front page news on Nairaland. It's not much to celebrate in a country of 160 million people.

3 Likes

Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by kemiola89(f): 5:43pm On May 02, 2012
congratulations mr kehinde Adeyemi, you've really done us proud.

1 Like

Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by Ebidave0001(m): 6:02pm On May 02, 2012
[sup][/sup] i greet d house.
Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by Ebidave0001(m): 6:07pm On May 02, 2012
Beta, as long as he is a nigerian.
Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by ZUBY77(m): 7:05pm On May 02, 2012
Obi1kenobi: Silly article with a misleading title and questionable motives. Some old people on NL have sworn never to grow up.

are you refering to ileke idi ? You said the truth anyway.
Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by gidson12(m): 7:33pm On May 02, 2012
imagine the title of the thread, very misleading, and more so an old article being recycled and pushed to the front page, do these moderators read atall
Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by hubreality(m): 8:16pm On May 02, 2012
Good one
Re: Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers by DualCore1: 8:26pm On May 02, 2012
Boredom, joblessness e.t.c.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mobile Phone Apps For Nigeria / Please Help Me With VTU API / Why Is Programming Difficult?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.