Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Police Kidnappers' Clash Claim 3 Suspect In Anambra. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Kidnappers' Clash Claim 3 Suspect In Anambra. (493 Views)

What's Happening In Anambra, All the Markets Closed. / Police Arrest Boko Haram Suspect In Borno Gov’s Lodge / Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Kidnappers' Clash Claim 3 Suspect In Anambra. by Rhino5dm: 2:18am On May 01, 2012
Police, kidnappers’ clash claim 3 suspects in Anambra
Tweet 0 May 1, 2012 | 2:00 am News By VINCENT UJUMADU

AWKA—A gun battle between the police and suspected kidnappers in two different
locations in Anambra State on Sunday left three of the suspects dead, the police said
yesterday. The incidents took place during the midnight patrol of the Special Patrol Team of the Inspector General of Police and the State Operational Unit of the police command at Otuocha in Anambra East and Abatete in Idemili North local government areas of the state respectively. Recovered from the suspects were three vehicles, which include a Peugeot 505, a Nissan Primera and a Toyota, as well as arms and ammunition.

Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Emeka Chukwumeka, who confirmed the incident, said it was a warning signal to the armed robbers and kidnappers in the state that their time was up. The PPRO said: “We are battle ready. This is a tip of the ice berg of the good things to come to Anambra on security. The new Police Commissioner, Mr. Bala Nasarawa is not sleeping over security issues in the state and he is equal to the task”.

Meanwhile, the visit of the Inspector General of Police, IGP, Mohammed Abubarka to Anambra State which was to take place yesterday has been shifted to Friday. The visit is part of his tour of police commands under Zone 9 of the police
Re: Police Kidnappers' Clash Claim 3 Suspect In Anambra. by Rhino5dm: 2:18am On May 01, 2012
Re: Police Kidnappers' Clash Claim 3 Suspect In Anambra. by chrishenzo: 2:36am On May 01, 2012
Kudos to the policies but I must confess that I am getting tired of stories without picture. Can someone please tell me why our journalists don't include pictures of what they report? Is it lack of camera or what?
Re: Police Kidnappers' Clash Claim 3 Suspect In Anambra. by Andrew3(m): 7:05am On May 01, 2012
chrishenzo: Kudos to the policies but I must confess that I am getting tired of stories without picture. Can someone please tell me why our journalists don't include pictures of what they report? Is it lack of camera or what?
ha, who wan go stand where kasala de happen take picture? nobi oyinbo wey dey go take picture for syria during lice gunfire grin

(1) (Reply)

USA Forces Join Jungle Search For An African Warlord;kony / Republican Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney, Says No To Same-sex Marriage! / Bombings:jni,can In War Of Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.