Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (918980 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:29pm On Dec 27, 2012
Imcool: @TEMMYTANNY, good day to u my broda and compliments of d season to u too. I read in one of the previous posts that u're in Austin Texas and Texas is my destination too though it's Houston and not Austin. I need you to pls put me true on the following issues, i'm gonna need ur reply to make some decision in here. (1)How would u compare the cost of living of Austin to Houston? (2)How would u also compare both in terms of employment? (3)how would u rate employment opportunity for a mechanical engineer in both places? I'm not that in a haste for the reply incase there need for u to make findings too. Thanks in anticipation and God bless.

sorry, i live in dallas n not austin

(1)How would u compare the cost of living of Austin to Houston? I dont know about the housing their but Austin seem more secured than houston
(2)How would u also compare both in terms of employment? Austin has lower unemployment rate than houston
[b](3)how would u rate employment opportunity for a mechanical engineer in both places?[/b]I cant say ooooo,just come first and you might be lucky you get your dream job
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2012
Imcool: It doesn't matter if d grades are bad in ur waec(note-may/june) since u av good grades in ur gce, the essence of the waec(may/june) is to know dat u went thru a secondary education. My advice is if ur highest education is o'level, then go with both ur waec and gce but if u av poly or university certificate, then go wit ur gce, secondary sch testimonial and the higher certificates. If ur gce certificate is ready, i advice u get it too to prove it's authenticity but if not, go wit the internet printed one. Best of luck.
Thanks.. O'Level is my highest and i don't have any working experience.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 8:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
brightmon:
You go to good. Get the GCE certificate if you can and make sure you go with both results and dont forget the SSCE testimonial.
Thanks Brightest man.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:04pm On Dec 27, 2012
pjogutum1: You CAN'T go with GCE only. Don't do it. May/June WAEC goes on to show you did at least 6 years of secondary education. Your Primary school education should account for the other 6 years. Ensure you go with May/June WAEC aswell.

If you got upto 5 CREDIT PASSES with atleast Maths OR English in the result you posted, then you're good to go. You got nothing to worry about. Merry Christmas!!

If you ask me, there is nothing wrong with going with GCE only as long as you have your school leaving testimonial handy, my friend did his interview with GCE and that did not stop him from getting his visa. I think this problem can only arise if school cert is your highest qualification, but if you are a graduate then no problem some people who attended Technical Colleges including me did not take WAEC we took some useless exam called Federal Craft Certificate (FCC) which was not recognized by Nigerian Universities, I had to take the GCE in other to purse my University Education, in conclusion, if GCE is your highest qualification, have your secondary school testimonial handy.

That's very correct. If he's got a testimonial as a proof of successful completion of 6 yrs secondary education, that's perfectly ok.

I had a class mate back then in the days who did GCE at SS1 and cleared his papers. Some who did only primary school education now attend GCE classes and come out with good grades, thus by-passing the mandatory 6 yrs secondary education. This is why WAEC May/June or a testimonial becomes necessary to prove completion of 6 yrs secondary school education. Thanks for this input.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:08pm On Dec 27, 2012
jaspa400: Gentiger nwanne mmadu kedu ka imelu,amam na ino ofuma,biko achorom ka mu na gi kpaa biko,transitalert@yahoo.com,biko ka mu na gi kpaa via email.....abukwam onye anambra....chukwu gozie gi

Ok my brother. Dalu!! I'll write you. I'll be back to Lagos tomorrow. I went to enjoy my Xmas in my home town and to attend the wedding of a loved one. No place like home.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 11:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
@all, Pls i need a professional advice or betterstill a suggestion;
I've been an ardent player of DV for ove 9years now with no luck, recently, luck smiled on me @ th least time i never expected... I checked my status some days ago and realised that i've won and it has been a subject of discussion with my immiediate family.
I registered as single cos it requsted for my wifey and wards passport foto which was not on my system at that time.
To process as married with children is a risk i don't want to take and i know i have a clear chance of getting the visa if appeared for the interview on my own, i got to know that it will take me nothing less than 5yrs before my family can join, i can't be away from my family for so long.
My question is, what are the excuse i could give that will convince the CO.
I have a Marriage cert,NPC cert for my wards,the naming ceremony pics,evidence of support etc.
Pls i need advice/support.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 12:23am On Dec 28, 2012
Opoki: @all, Pls i need a professional advice or betterstill a suggestion;
I've been an ardent player of DV for ove 9years now with no luck, recently, luck smiled on me @ th least time i never expected... I checked my status some days ago and realised that i've won and it has been a subject of discussion with my immiediate family.
I registered as single cos it requsted for my wifey and wards passport foto which was not on my system at that time.
To process as married with children is a risk i don't want to take and i know i have a clear chance of getting the visa if appeared for the interview on my own, i got to know that it will take me nothing less than 5yrs before my family can join, i can't be away from my family for so long.
I have a Marriage cert,NPC cert for my wards,the naming ceremony pics,evidence of support etc.

When was this marriage contracted and how old is your ward at the moment?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emybaby2(f): 1:06am On Dec 28, 2012
Opoki: @all, Pls i need a professional advice or betterstill a suggestion;
If you didn't submit your forms to kccdv, then you can include your wife and children. I registered alone because my husband's pic wasn't around and when the result came out, i had to call kccdv and i was told i could include my husband but during the interview i must provide the marriage certificate. I had been given my interview date. If you have not yet send your forms then include them, but if you send and the 2NL was not given to you. Fill the form again and send to them and alert them thru email
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 4:50am On Dec 28, 2012
junkerhill: that's minneapolis, minnesota. I,ve heard a lot about the place. Do well to kip urselv warm and kip prayn for us who ar yet to get our 2NL. One lov

One love bro... God has already done it for you!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 5:41am On Dec 28, 2012
Isaiah 38 vs 4-6,GOD bless you as you read.gudmorning house.GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 7:04am On Dec 28, 2012
temmytanny:

sorry, i live in dallas n not austin

(1)How would u compare the cost of living of Austin to Houston? I dont know about the housing their but Austin seem more secured than houston
(2)How would u also compare both in terms of employment? Austin has lower unemployment rate than houston
[b](3)how would u rate employment opportunity for a mechanical engineer in both places?[/b]I cant say ooooo,just come first and you might be lucky you get your dream job
Thanks TEMMYTANNY, good bless you real good, i'll get across to u wen i'm tru wit my interview. Once again, thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 8:01am On Dec 28, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]hello house,I ws selected in d randome for 2013,and av done all d necessary form fillings and sent to KCC,am yet to be sheduled for interview.pls is there any likely interview questions one hav to knw to get emself prepared for t.pls house help out.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by puplin(f): 8:11am On Dec 28, 2012
My sisters 2NL arrived on the 18th, house...what should be the next step?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 8:12am On Dec 28, 2012
No way......dats y u r asked to keep t save after d application or betterstill,save before shutting ur system down.Kcc wil nt remind or nortify u d code.so if misplaced,mistyped....dat ends t for dat fiscal year.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 8:21am On Dec 28, 2012
@ibarca, did u tender any NDLEA clearance form @ d airport wen u ar going.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emybaby2(f): 9:00am On Dec 28, 2012
House, plz is a court affidafit for a birth certificate approved on behalf of birth certificate?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 28, 2012
puplin: My sisters 2NL arrived on the 18th, house...what should be the next step?

Read up huh.when's she up against the CO?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by puplin(f): 9:15am On Dec 28, 2012
Foreign nationals who seek permanent residence in the United States and receive an immigrant visa will need to pay a USCIS Immigrant Fee beginning February 1, 2013. The new fee of $165 was established in USCIS’s final rule adjusting fees for immigration applications and petitions announced on Sept. 24, 2010. USCIS has worked closely with the Department of State (DOS) to implement the new fee which allows USCIS
to recover the cost of processing that is performed in the United States after immigrant visa holders receive their visa packages from DOS and are admitted to the United States. Note: Applicants will now have two separate fees to pay. They are still required to pay the DOS visa application processing fee, and will now also have to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by puplin(f): 9:16am On Dec 28, 2012
ferdimako:

Read up huh.when's she up against the CO?
20th Feb
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 9:32am On Dec 28, 2012
tunisian_dv: hello,
am a selected on the dv lottery 2013 and i don't know what i have to do now
plzzzzz help the time is passing and i don't know what are the documents that i have to send... sad
answer me as soon as you can and thank you...

what is the last date to send the documents... cry cry cry cry cry
when u check tru ur confirmation code,u wil see d selectee instructions read carefully and follow d instruction
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 9:56am On Dec 28, 2012
Hello! house I commend everyone for the tips and useful information. I have been following this post for long and I think it's high time I contributed. I need your suggestion for my case, I have my interview in last week of January 2013 and my wife is pregnant in fact seriously heavy now. The expected delivery date is first week in Jan. My question is this;
*Is it possible to do medical test for 2 weeks old child?
*Is it advisable that I reschedule the interview appointment?
I really need your suggestion pls.
===============THANK YOU ALL===============

Please don't postpone your interview date, think of the names to give the new born baby, once the baby is delivered, fill the form dsp 230 and send it with the passport and copy the Nigerian embassy Lagos that is if you are a Nigerian. washing you and your family good luck as you go for your interview.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 10:08am On Dec 28, 2012

My brother, you have a choice to go to the USA or not to go. Let me correct an impression here, it is not true that when you travel you must stay five years before coming back. You can spend a month as long as you have your green card and SSN and come back to Nigeria, especially for those with good job here. The only rule is that you must visit USA once or twice every year, but for those without anything here, those that want to study, or those that are travelling with their family, they can decide to stay for five years. Hope this will help you make your decision.

My brother, you have a choice to go to the USA or not to go. Let me correct an impression here, it is not true that when you travel you must stay five years before coming back. You can spend a month as long as you have your green card and SSN and come back to Nigeria, especially for those with good job here. The only rule is that you must visit USA once or twice every year, but for those without anything here, those that want to study, or those that are travelling with their family, they can decide to stay for five years. Hope this will help you make your decision.

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 10:09am On Dec 28, 2012

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 11:13am On Dec 28, 2012
Gentiger:

When was this marriage contracted and how old is your ward at the moment?
We got married in 2005,i had my first born in 2006 and my second born in 2009.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 11:17am On Dec 28, 2012
emybaby2:
If you didn't submit your forms to kccdv, then you can include your wife and children. I registered alone because my husband's pic wasn't around and when the result came out, i had to call kccdv and i was told i could include my husband but during the interview i must provide the marriage certificate. I had been given my interview date. If you have not yet send your forms then include them, but if you send and the 2NL was not given to you. Fill the form again and send to them and alert them thru email
Thanks Sis, I'm just thinking about what to say to convince the CO that won't make me look as if I'm lying.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gebr: 12:28pm On Dec 28, 2012
Hello everybody! I just did my interview at Addis ababa successfully. I would like to thank everyone in this insightful forum for the help. God bless Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by european30: 12:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
pls i want to know d minimum age for dvlottery.....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emybaby2(f): 1:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
Opoki:
Thanks Sis, I'm just thinking about what to say to convince the CO that won't make me look as if I'm lying.
If you have gotten your 2nd notification letter, abey dont tell the CO you have wife and children. If you have not send your forms to kentucky yet, you can fill the form and include them. Dont ever go to the interview and tell the CO you have family. You should have included everything in the form first.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2012
Gentiger:

Ok my brother. Dalu!! I'll write you. I'll be back to Lagos tomorrow. I went to enjoy my Xmas in my home town and to attend the wedding of a loved one. No place like home.
I'm sorry I culdnt mak it to see u before u travel. I wasn't chanced, bt I will mak out tym to see u when ever my 2NL comes out, if u ar still around by then.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:30pm On Dec 28, 2012
Oh my God!!! What's happening in this
country? Dare devil robbers operating and
maiming people on the highway. We just
escaped by the whiskers; held up in the
middle of nowhere. As you read this,
pandemonium everywhere. Vehicles colliding
against each other in a desperate move to
avoid stray bullets and being robbed. Those
who ran for safety into the bush stirred the
bee hive. People are being stung to stupor.
Yours sincerely is safely seated in an
airconditioned bus reporting life and direct
and praying for the safety of the masses.
Most troubling are the petrol tankers lined
up here. A stray bullet could ignite an
inferno. Can you guess when the police
showed up? Well, we heard their sirens
blaring after the robbers had finished their
operation. Please pray for God's people. God
save Nigeria!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
edimop: [color=#006600][/color]hello house,I ws selected in d randome for 2013,and av done all d necessary form fillings and sent to KCC,am yet to be sheduled for interview.pls is there any likely interview questions one hav to knw to get emself prepared for t.pls house help out.

u seem to be new on this forum and its obvious u didn't read frm the first page of this thread. Go through the pages and u will read for urself the testimonies of our successful member and also learn som other tins that wil help u even before and after interview.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2012
Opoki:
We got married in 2005,i had my first born in 2006 and my second born in 2009.

This is sad. You mean you got a lovely wife and 2 kids and then applied single? If you now include them in your forms to KCC you will be denied outrightly.

If they scrutinize you and discover your true marital status, they will also deny you outrightly. If you got issued visa as a single, will you abandon your wife and children? Chances of reunion are very slim. I really don't know what to tell you because your case is really complicated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (869) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.