Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (919582 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gbusta(m): 3:56pm On Aug 09, 2012
GOOD AFTERNOON everyone..pls while i was filling my form i filled N/A in the petitioner column .. pls i would like to know what the real answer to the question coz i feel the kcc are meant to be the petitioner in a dv lottery. thank you
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by masterfarm: 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2012
temmy and co does that mean that if u ve case num, ur confirmatn num wil nt be made ref to? There shuld be a way out for pg heart
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 5:08pm On Aug 09, 2012
In this lady's case, her confirmation number is more important than the case number she claims because that is what she would need to check when they send 2NL to her
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2012
g-busta:
GOOD AFTERNOON everyone..pls while i was filling my form i filled N/A in the petitioner column .. pls i would like to know what the real answer to the question coz i feel the kcc are meant to be the petitioner in a dv lottery. thank you
you are the petitioner.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pgheaert: 5:16pm On Aug 09, 2012
brightmon:
case no.

Thank you all for your concern. I called KCC as advised and asked if they have received my forms. The lady on the other end said they are yet to receive the package. I understand you asked me to call them again after a week or so, but I will like to know what forms I will need to fill, how to fill it and where to go pick them up. I want to have the forms at hand so that I can study it very well while waiting to make the second call next week.

Thank you all. I really appreciate the time your guys dedicated to my issue. I will still need your help about how I can get my confirmation number either from the agent or KCC.

Please don`t be wearied of helping me with my situation. Thank you and God bless you all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 5:51pm On Aug 09, 2012
pgheaert:

Thank you all for your concern. I called KCC as advised and asked if they have received my forms. The lady on the other end said they are yet to receive the package. I understand you asked me to call them again after a week or so, but I will like to know what forms I will need to fill, how to fill it and where to go pick them up. I want to have the forms at hand so that I can study it very well while waiting to make the second call next week.

Thank you all. I really appreciate the time your guys dedicated to my issue. I will still need your help about how I can get my confirmation number either from the agent or KCC.

Please don`t be wearied of helping me with my situation. Thank you and God bless you all.
We can only try our best is only God that can help. U need ur confirmation code b4 u can print out d forms. Agent is d alpha & omega of this matter. Aproach him first and we shall know what next to do.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 7:15pm On Aug 09, 2012
temmytanny: In this lady's case, her confirmation number is more important than the case number she claims because that is what she would need to check when they send 2NL to her
I concur.......but i hav an idea. Maybe she should tell us d agent's office composition. If d agent has one or two staff working for him, she can try her luck with one of d staff, psyche him/her and also be ready to entice d staff with money. Let's see if it'll work. Or what do u suggest?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:33pm On Aug 09, 2012
another plan is for her to meet the agent and request for a printout of confirmation to show or prove she has won it.she cn say,she doesnt beliv the CN and her parents wld also want to confirm befor they cn support her in the sham marriage.al she needs nw for further procesin is the bar code.wen 2nl comes,we shal plan hw to go abt it
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 9:39pm On Aug 09, 2012
@ Temmytanny, pls I'm still waiting 4ur response. I said I used my uncle's name as petitioner instead of our names. Please can it still possible to correction? Will KCC ready 2 correct it 4us? I hope if we write them for another it will not affect us in the Embassy. pls i need ur urgent response.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2012
@rem,i dnt think it wld affect u bt if u ar stil doubtin,mail kcc and xplain to them
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 10:14pm On Aug 09, 2012
hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:32pm On Aug 09, 2012
Public Announcement:

"Online registration for the DV-2014 Program will begin on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and conclude on Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4). Instructions for the DV 2014 Program are not yet available, so please check back later
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bigfrancis21: 12:06am On Aug 10, 2012
Please house, I want to ask if applying for the DV lottery this year would affect one's chance at the F1 visa student interview later?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:08am On Aug 10, 2012
remkay2012: @ Temmytanny, pls I'm still waiting 4ur response. I said I used my uncle's name as petitioner instead of our names. Please can it still possible to correction? Will KCC ready 2 correct it 4us? I hope if we write them for another it will not affect us in the Embassy. pls i need ur urgent response.

That is not a big deal remkay2012,give yourself a good sleep,you can not be 100% perfect.I know someone who made thesame mistake and now living in Atlanta.I Filled almost 20 forms trying to avoid one mistake or the other,when I finaly decided on the one I sent to KCC,my wife sent it without quoting my case number on the right handside of each form.I lamented,had a sleeples night..but misery will never pay bill my brother/sister.

I had a child before the result came out,I almost got cofused by some people who said I ought to have not included his name in the form 230 since his name was not included initially at entry.The boy is here with me with all his benefit intact.In summary do your best and leave the rest for God.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:09am On Aug 10, 2012
bigfrancis21: Please house, I want to ask if applying for the DV lottery this year would affect one's chance at the F1 visa student interview later?

Nope
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bigfrancis21: 12:17am On Aug 10, 2012
adosjun: @ honeycity, come my bedroom lets check it with my computer.. ? assure U?? there won't be error because there is enough network in my bedroom

Lwkmd!
The Patrio:

ceejay80s: Just checked mine now and guess what, I WON!!! brooklyn,here i come

Lucky you!. Me rather than go to brooklyn, I will go to yankee if I win.

ROTFLMAO! All of y'all are damn too funny. Y'all makin' me laugh like crazy. grin grin grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:21am On Aug 10, 2012
[quote author=oayombo]I think people should stop patronising all these so called agents. They don't influence the result of the lottery in any way, u can do it yourself people. Fill your forms online yourself, walk into a studio and have them take your picture then proceed to scan it or better still use your phone camera and do the adjustments on a pc. Don't let any agent hold u ransom. U won't be there when they enter the details online.[/quote
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bigfrancis21: 12:22am On Aug 10, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Nope

Okay. Thanks for replying. My case is this: I'm planning to enroll for my masters in US next year during fall semester, and I was considering applying for the DV lottery this year, but then I got skeptical about doing so as a few people have had their F1 visas rejected because they had applied for the lottery.
Please, you got any more opinions on this?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:44am On Aug 10, 2012
Had their F1 visa rejected because of dv? so where did adjustment of status came from?
Nna I beg go back to your thread and stop pulling legs here.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bigfrancis21: 1:58am On Aug 10, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:
Had their F1 visa rejected because of dv? so where did adjustment of status came from?

Woah men! I only asked a question and begged for your opinion. I expected a gentle answer. undecided And yes, when the day gets very bad, the VOs start looking for little excuses to deny F1 visa, so I heard because basically, F1 student visa is non-immigrant intent and DV lottery on the other hand portrays immigration intent. Just wanted to confirm from people who have experienced it before firsthand. Anyone please?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:38am On Aug 10, 2012
bigfrancis21:

Woah men! I only asked a question and begged for your opinion. I expected a gentle answer. undecided And yes, when the day gets very bad, the VOs start looking for little excuses to deny F1 visa, so I heard because basically, F1 student visa is non-immigrant intent and DV lottery on the other hand portrays immigration intent. Just wanted to confirm from people who have experienced it before firsthand. Anyone please?

Yes,By law F1 visa holder must not or intend to change status,however,When you are applying for an F1 visa, you must state in the DS-156 that you have applied an immigrant visa before. It's thus quite possible that the application will detrimentally affect your F1 application. I would suggest reviewing the details of your situation with an immigration lawyer
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 5:46am On Aug 10, 2012
[quote author=adesojiaderemi@]

Thanks so much Adesojiaderemi and Temmytanny for your respons. I can now relax my mind now. That means I
dont need to contact KCC on this issue again. Now i'm waiting 4my 2NL with our case number 16***. I think there still chance of doing our interview yr or when?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 10, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:
Had their F1 visa rejected because of dv? so where did adjustment of status[b] came[/b] from?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dridowu: 10:56am On Aug 10, 2012
@ pgheaert, my only advice is plead wit d agent and if d agent feels stuborn , then stay wit ur fiance i blve better dayz are ahead. Most people fall 4 agent because of passport size mostly. If u dnt have any software on your system to cut ur passport, go to a profesnal photographer and tel dm u nid it 4 visa lottery and scan it or use ur camera phone snap urself. Pls log on to this

http://www.lunapic.com/editor/

U can use ds site to resize ur passport for free. Just cut your visa passport to required size or better still search photo resize on google and fill ur form by yourself.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:05am On Aug 10, 2012
[quote author=ferdiii][/quote]

my own better pass your first lady
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 12:15pm On Aug 10, 2012
@adesojiaderemi: "the boy is here with me and all his benefits intact." Could u please shed more light on d benefit stuff for one's kid? I also have a kid and would like to know one or two things partaining to child benefits, at least from someone like u...lolz. Thank u.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:32pm On Aug 10, 2012
Leripa: @adesojiaderemi: "the boy is here with me and all his benefits intact." Could u please shed more light on d benefit stuff for one's kid? I also have a kid and would like to know one or two things partaining to child benefits, at least from someone like u...lolz. Thank u.

Green Card and SSC,
Free quality education from grade one to nine
Affordable health insurance plus dental...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 12:39pm On Aug 10, 2012
dridowu: @ pgheaert, my only advice is plead wit d agent and if d agent feels stuborn , then stay wit ur fiance i blve better dayz are ahead. Most people fall 4 agent because of passport size mostly. If u dnt have any software on your system to cut ur passport, go to a profesnal photographer and tel dm u nid it 4 visa lottery and scan it or use ur camera phone snap urself. Pls log on to this

http://www.lunapic.com/editor/

U can use ds site to resize ur passport for free. Just cut your visa passport to required size or better still search photo resize on google and fill ur form by yourself.

Thank you soo much. the link is really useful. pls can u help me with d actual image size?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dridowu: 1:42pm On Aug 10, 2012
ebykings:

Thank you soo much. the link is really useful. pls can u help me with d actual image size?
d actual image size is width (600)*height(600).
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Green Card and SSC,
Free quality education from grade one to nine
Affordable health insurance plus dental...

Thanks for the info.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 1:46pm On Aug 10, 2012
dridowu: d actual image size is width (600)*height(600).

Thanks soo much God bless u
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 1:57pm On Aug 10, 2012
dridowu: d actual image size is width (600)*height(600).

Pls am trying to get both size equal but it was not really working out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (869) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.