Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,136 members, 7,807,452 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (919495 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 2:18pm On Aug 04, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:
AN INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE WITH A FAMILY FRIEND (PA=WIFE AND 3 BENEFICIARIES (HUSBAND AND THREE KIDS):
CO-CAN I HAVE THE RECEIPT
PA-SHE HANDED IT OVER
CO-CAN U SIGN THE FORMS,ONE OF YOU CAN SIGN FOR THE LITTLE KID
PA- THE HUSBAND SIGNED,HERSELF ....
CO-HE ASKED THE HUSBAND TO FIND A SIT WHILE THE APLICANT STOOD BEFORE THE CANTER VERY CLOSE TO THE MIC/SPEAKER
CO- WHEN DID YOU FINISH YOU OND?
PA-1998
CO-AND YOUR HND?
PA-2002
CO-WHAT ARE YOUR SCHEDULE AS AN ACCOUNTING OFFICER
PA-OPENING AND BALANCING OF ACCOUNTING AND DAILY CASH DEPOSIT TO THE BANK
CO- HE STOOD UP I WENT INSIDE FOR ALMOST 3 MINS
CO-WHAT WAS THE LAST QUESTION ON YOUR FINAL EXAM IN YOUR OND
PA-THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO, I CANT REMEMBER THAT
CO-WHAT WERE YOUR REGISTERD COUSES IN YOUR OND
PA-BUSINESS MATHS,PRINCIPLE OF ACCOUNT.....
CO-WHAT WAS THE LAST QUESTION IN YOUR HND FINAL EXAMINATION
PA-THAT IS OVER TEN YEARS, I CANT REMEMBER, CAN YOU ASK ME ANOTHER QUSTION?
CO-WHAT IS BALANCE SHEET
PA-..EM.EM, TRYING TO EXPLAIN..., CAN YOU ASK ME ANOTHER QUESTION
CO-PLEASE DONT ASK ME TO ASK YOU ANOTHER QUESTION
PA-CAN YOU ASk ME MARITAL RELATED QUESTIONS?
CO-I AM STILL COMING THAT
CO-HE STOOD UP AND WENT INSIDE AGAIN FOR LIKE I MINS
CO-WHAT IS DOUBLE ENTRY
PA-...(NERVOUS)..DEBIT THE GIVER,CREDIT THE RECIEVER....
CO-CAN YOU EXPLAIN THAT
PA: WHEN YOU GIVE ME MONEY I WILL CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT, AND DEBIT MY ACCOUNT AND...
CO: BUT YOU SAID YOU ARE AN ACCOUNTING OFFICER?
PA: YES IN SMALL CATERING BUSINESS, I ONLY TAKE MONEY FROM CUSTOMER AND MAKE BANK DEPOSIT
CO: THAT MEANS YOU ARE A CASHIER
PA: NO, AN ACCOUNTING OFFICER..
CO;YOU DONT HAVE A QUALIFYING JOB,
PA: LET ME HAVE THE PICS
CO: SHE HANDED IT OVER...
....to be continue later

I cant wait to read the remaining interview details

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by owobabaisabella: 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2012
[b][/b][quote author=adesojiaderemi@]AN INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE WITH A FAMILY FRIEND (PA=WIFE AND 3 BENEFICIARIES (HUSBAND AND THREE KIDS):
PA-SHE HANDED IT OVER
CO-HE ASKED THE HUSBAND TO FIND A SIT WHILE THE APLICANT STOOD BEFORE THE CANTER VERY CLOSE TO THE MIC/SPEAKER
PA-1998
CO-AND YOUR HND?
PA-2002
CO-WHAT IS BALANCE SHEET
CO-WHAT IS DOUBLE ENTRY
CO-CAN YOU EXPLAIN THAT
PA: WHEN YOU GIVE ME MONEY I WILL CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT, AND DEBIT MY ACCOUNT AND...
PA: YES IN SMALL CATERING BUSINESS, I ONLY TAKE MONEY FROM CUSTOMER AND MAKE BANK DEPOSIT
....to be continue later

SOJ,PLS DROP D PART TWO JO...

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ejirogbadagri(m): 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2012
Um good afternoon, my dear friends, please i NEED Your help sad my name is ejiro from Nigeria, i was told to check my Dv lottery 2013 result early MAY this year and so i did, but i wasn't selected when i did,i was told to check early october, now am trying to check my status again on Dv lottery 2013 with that same confirmation number, Name and date of birth, but it keeps denying my confirmation number while its obviously correct, PLEASE WHAT'S W
RONG ?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 6:21pm On Aug 04, 2012
Ejiro gbadagri:
Um good afternoon, my dear friends, please i NEED Your help sad my name is ejiro from Nigeria, i was told to check my Dv lottery 2013 result early MAY this year and so i did, but i wasn't selected when i did,i was told to check early october, now am trying to check my status again on Dv lottery 2013 with that same confirmation number, Name and date of birth, but it keeps denying my confirmation number while its obviously correct, PLEASE WHAT'S W
RONG ?
relax and check again. Make sure u are not computing zero as O, One as I or five as S. Hope u understand what i mean and Gud luck.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosmy(m): 6:45pm On Aug 04, 2012
preprewow: By the way, i have sent documents 122 & 230 to KCC on 24th May but i got the documents back last week due to address.Thanks God, i sent them back last friday so do you think that they can't schedule an interview for me because i delayed to send them immediately? please answers me o
my brother I don't think that can cos any delay................................faith work wonders
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by senlu: 8:06pm On Aug 04, 2012
Nairalanders,am I good to go with only GCE certificate as my completed education despite I'm an undergraduate student?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2012
senlu: Nairalanders,am I good to go with only GCE certificate as my completed education despite I'm an undergraduate student?
yes you are

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 10:15pm On Aug 04, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:
AN INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE WITH A FAMILY FRIEND (PA=WIFE AND 3 BENEFICIARIES (HUSBAND AND THREE KIDS):
PA-SHE HANDED IT OVER
PA-1998
CO-AND YOUR HND?
PA-2002
CO-WHAT IS BALANCE SHEET
CO-WHAT IS DOUBLE ENTRY
CO-CAN YOU EXPLAIN THAT
....to be continue later

HOPE HE FINALY GRANTED VISA. LET HEAR MORE!!!.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:58pm On Aug 04, 2012
brightmon:
intersting, pls post the part two soon.
Bussyme: HOPE HE FINALY GRANTED VISA. LET HEAR MORE!!!.
brightmon:
intersting, pls post the part two soon.

sorry guys I have to rush to work in the morning.

...contd
COsadhe scanned through the albums,picked the engagement album...scanned through it..requested for the naming pictures)
are these your children?
PA:I only have three Children, others are neighbours
CO:can you point out your children?
PA: ...she did
CO: ..he stood again went inside the office spent like 2 minutes, came out, handed all her credentials and albums back to her except the 5 Nigerian passport.The CO gave her a white paper after ascribing his signature on it.
PA:..she quickly scanned through the contents of the letter, took a deep breath went faced down on the counter. Her husband requested for the white paper,read the contents and later gave her a warm hug.

The lady and her family now live in Brockton about 9 miles away from Boston,MA in The United State.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:06am On Aug 05, 2012
preprewow: By the way, i have sent documents 122 & 230 to KCC on 24th May but i got the documents back last week due to address.Thanks God, i sent them back last friday so do you think that they can't schedule an interview for me because i delayed to send them immediately? please answers me o

by the way, thank God you have it back,and you finaly send it back,I dont think they will not schedule an interview for you o

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by senlu: 12:17am On Aug 05, 2012
Nairalanders,am I good to go
with only GCE certificate as
my completed education
despite I'm an
undergraduate student?Someone told me that CO will request for my SSCE certificate to prove that I truly completed high school or not?

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 6:24am On Aug 05, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

...contd
COsadhe scanned through the albums,picked the engagement album...scanned through it..requested for the naming pictures)
are these your children?
CO: ..he stood again went inside the office spent like 2 minutes, came out, handed all her credentials and albums back to her except the 5 Nigerian passport.The CO gave her a white paper after ascribing his signature on it.
PA:..she quickly scanned through the contents of the letter, took a deep breath went faced down on the counter. Her husband requested for the white paper,read the contents and later gave her a warm hug.

The lady and her family now live in Brockton about 9 miles away from Boston,MA in The United State.

woww, faithfull God. @adesojiaderemi, thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosmy(m): 8:28am On Aug 05, 2012
senlu: Nairalanders,am I good to go
with only GCE certificate as
my completed education
despite I'm an
undergraduate student?Someone told me that CO will request for my SSCE certificate to prove that I truly completed high school or not?
friend what off ur SSCE result?you are good to go with ur GCE with good grade but I ll advice you go with an evidence that you pass trough 12years first education,because I read one interview experience in one immigration forum that take place in ghana the guy went with his GCE result only and the CO asked him to provide an evidence that he pass through the first education and he was reschedule,so I ll advice you to try and go with ur high school testimonial to back it up................................faith works wonder

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tobihenryo: 8:53am On Aug 05, 2012
That was an happy ending...am married too with no kids yet bt am d principal applicant.i applied with my o level(neco result)to be precised)and also an hair stylist.wot kind of question shld i and husband expect.and wl i be asked to practicalise my profession with it.that story was so touching..........
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kenny3273(f): 10:26am On Aug 05, 2012
The family receive favour of God,that is why it is very important to ask God for his mercy,favour before embark on anything,it is not by man power but by the grace of God everyone in this forum shal give a testimony and happy ending for the selectee and those that are yet

4 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:21am On Aug 05, 2012
Tobi henryo: That was an happy ending...am married too with no kids yet bt am d principal applicant.i applied with my o level(neco result)to be precised)and also an hair stylist.wot kind of question shld i and husband expect.and wl i be asked to practicalise my profession with it.that story was so touching..........

You should be able to defend your O, level and your marital status.If possible, go with some pictures you took together even when you were dating.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:24am On Aug 05, 2012
Kenny3273: The family receive favour of God,that is why it is very important to ask God for his mercy,favour before embark on anything,it is not by man power but by the grace of God everyone in this forum shal give a testimony and happy ending for the selectee and those that are yet

That is the word,"Favour of God". That should be our prayer point.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dridowu: 11:57am On Aug 05, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

That is the word,"Favour of God". That should be our prayer point.
GOD FAVOUR so important in humans life. His FAVOUR shall be our portion.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:19pm On Aug 05, 2012
Please somebody need your advice concerning this:

Soji,

I am writing you this mail based on your experience on the DV Visa and your recent post on Naira land.

I have a very rare case.......I need your advice and imputs

My Dad (50yrs old) was selected for 2013 DV 2013AF000000XX (LESS THAN 100)

HE FINISHED SECONDARY SCHOOL IN 1979(WAEC) 1 CREDIT AND I PASS AND WENT TO TECHNICAL COLLEGE TO STUDY BUILDING AND WOOD WORK TECH AND FINISHED IN 1983 WITH CITY AND GUILD (ORDINARY AND ADVANCED LEVEL)

HE HAS BEEN WORKING WITH THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS AND HOUSING AS BUILDING INSPECTOR FOR 28YEARS NOW.HE IS NOW A SENIOR BUILDING WORKS SUPERNTENDENT WHICH FALL UNDER JOB ZONE 4.

What Category do you think is best to pursue? Education or Experience and Why?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Soji,

I am writing you this mail based on your experience on the DV Visa and your recent post on Naira land.

HE FINISHED SECONDARY SCHOOL IN 1979(WAEC) 1 CREDIT AND I PASS AND WENT TO TECHNICAL COLLEGE TO STUDY BUILDING AND WOOD WORK TECH AND FINISHED IN 1983 WITH CITY AND GUILD (ORDINARY AND ADVANCED LEVEL)

HE HAS BEEN WORKING WITH THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS AND HOUSING AS BUILDING INSPECTOR FOR 28YEARS NOW.HE IS NOW A SENIOR BUILDING WORKS SUPERNTENDENT WHICH FALL UNDER JOB ZONE 4.

hmmmmm. Make we think first.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 05, 2012
temmytanny:

Police Report - 5-10k
Medicals - 30k(if you take your last dose of Hepititis B at the hospital)
DV-2013 Visa fee - $330 per applicant
Int'l Passport-10-20k(depending on hw fast you wanna get it)
Flight to U.S Texas-Houston precisely - $1100(qatar airways if you book in advance),others like DELTA,UNITED,LUFTANSA,BA, AIR FRANCE ranges between $1800-$2500)

DV-2013 Visa fee now - $440 per applicant
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2012
$330 DV Visa Fee Confirm & Authentic check link below
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/immigrant_fees.html
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by masterfarm: 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Soji,

my brother the primary qualification is 5 credits. Your job zone shuld b 7 or higher.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2012
Hello Forumite, I always enjoy this forum. I pray that may the Lord almighty let us see the favour that very day. I would like you to advice more on the issue of interview for couples. 1. My wife is the principal applicant with highest level of education of GCE more than 5credits, 2. We have our birth certificates incl. 4 our daughter. 3 We have our wedding cert & pics from courtship till present ready 4. Pics of our daughter rite frm birth till now. 5. Waitn 4 interview date to commence our medical & police report. Pls, what other document do I need to make successful interview with my family? With our case no 2013AF16*** Pls when are we likely to have our 2NL and month of interview? Pls I need uq urgent reply.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:11am On Aug 06, 2012
masterfarm:
my brother the primary qualification is 5 credits. Your job zone shuld b 7 or higher.

I got this from the internet, what can you say about it.

If you do not meet the high school education requirement, you may be eligible to enter the green card lottery based on your work experience. You must have two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 2:37am On Aug 06, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

I got this from the internet, what can you say about it.

If you do not meet the high school education requirement, you may be eligible to enter the green card lottery based on your work experience. You must have two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience

very correct.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 7:56am On Aug 06, 2012
[/b][b]
masterfarm:

I Cant just believe why some of us decides to exhibit our level of ignorance in the public....masterfarm..Cant you differentiate between JOB ZONE and SVP Rating?..kindly keep quiet when you dont have anything tangible to contribute...it is not compulsory for you to make comment on everything posted.

The Eligibility requirement is very clear.....

The principal diversity visa applicant must have

High School Education: A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the U.S.

Work Experience: If you are qualifying with work experience, you must have two years of experience in the last five years, in an occupation which, by U.S. Department of Labor definitions, requires at least two years of training or experience that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher. The U.S. Department of Labor provides information on job duties, knowledge and skills, education and training, and other occupational characteristics at their website http://online.onetcenter.org/. The O*Net online database groups work experience into five "job zones." While many occupations are listed, only certain specified occupations qualify for the Diversity Visa Program.

In this Case Example....
Summary Report for:
11-9021.00 - Construction Managers
Plan, direct, or coordinate, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation. Includes managers in specialized construction fields, such as carpentry or plumbing.

Sample of reported job titles: Project Manager, Construction Manager, Construction Superintendent, Estimator, Concrete Foreman, Construction Area Manager, Construction Foreman, General Contractor, Job Superintendent, Project Superintendent

Job Zone
Title Job Zone Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Education Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
Related Experience A considerable amount of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations. For example, an accountant must complete four years of college and work for several years in accounting to be considered qualified.
Job Training Employees in these occupations usually need several years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training.
Job Zone Examples Many of these occupations involve coordinating, supervising, managing, or training others. Examples include accountants, sales managers, database administrators, teachers, chemists, environmental engineers, criminal investigators, and special agents.
SVP Range (7.0 to < 8.0)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:50am On Aug 06, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Soji,

How many subjects did he do in his WAEC?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 10:59am On Aug 06, 2012
temmytanny:
How many subjects did he do in his WAEC?
5 Subjects at WAEC
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kemzone2003: [/b][b]

I Cant just believe why some of us decides to exhibit our level of ignorance in the public....masterfarm..Cant you differentiate between JOB ZONE and SVP Rating?..kindly keep quiet when you dont have anything tangible to contribute...it is not compulsory for you to make comment on everything posted.

The Eligibility requirement is very clear.....

The principal diversity visa applicant must have

High School Education: A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the U.S.

Work Experience: If you are qualifying with work experience, you must have two years of experience in the last five years, in an occupation which, by U.S. Department of Labor definitions, requires at least two years of training or experience that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher. The U.S. Department of Labor provides information on job duties, knowledge and skills, education and training, and other occupational characteristics at their website http://online.onetcenter.org/. The O*Net online database groups work experience into five "job zones." While many occupations are listed, only certain specified occupations qualify for the Diversity Visa Program.

In this Case Example....
Summary Report for:
11-9021.00 - Construction Managers
Plan, direct, or coordinate, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation. Includes managers in specialized construction fields, such as carpentry or plumbing.

Sample of reported job titles: Project Manager, Construction Manager, Construction Superintendent, Estimator, Concrete Foreman, Construction Area Manager, Construction Foreman, General Contractor, Job Superintendent, Project Superintendent

Job Zone
Title Job Zone Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Education Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
Related Experience A considerable amount of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations. For example, an accountant must complete four years of college and work for several years in accounting to be considered qualified.
Job Training Employees in these occupations usually need several years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training.
Job Zone Examples Many of these occupations involve coordinating, supervising, managing, or training others. Examples include accountants, sales managers, database administrators, teachers, chemists, environmental engineers, criminal investigators, and special agents.
SVP Range (7.0 to < 8.0)

KemZone,Thanks for shelding more light on this issue.I rememeberd I searched all this point last year, but got no time to do that again.Based on the above mentioned facts I believe the man,(50yrs old spent at least three years in technical school,and over twenty eight years experience in same job)is elligible to futher process his Visa.
He got more than needed work-related experience.

I called an elderly woman(50) who won the Dv last year, now in Georgia with her 4 children, but her case was different,she had her MBA.Her interview was on her project in her MBA , and the remaining questions were directed to her Children,They asked of their age, first from the woman,then later from the children.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 12:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

...contd
are these your children?

The lady and her family now live in Brockton about 9 miles away from Boston,MA in The United St

Soo Lucky. Dats God's favour on her side upon dat she was not able to defend her course. God's favor was just all round her that he was equally interviewed by a male Co. From all d interview experiences I have read Female COs' seems to be more difficult than d male ones.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 2:10pm On Aug 06, 2012
Hello Pls i need a clear explanation on this:
What are the kinds of Immunization that will be given to us during our Medical Examination
How long those it take to complete the Medical Exams
Will it be completed & the results ready b4 the interview How long will it take?

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (869) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.