Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,597 members, 7,801,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education (13444 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / How Easy Is Life For Nigerians (or Non-eu) In Germany / How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by VCTROKOYE: 1:11pm On May 01, 2012
Please, I am interested in masters degree in Belgium. But I need to know the visa requirements and how easy is it to get admission.
Thanks
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by dem76: 4:51pm On May 04, 2012
VCTROKOYE: Please, I am interested in masters degree in Belgium. But I need to know the visa requirements and how easy is it to get admission.
Thanks

Depends on what you wanna study in Belgium....I guess the admission for 2012/2013 is closed now for most of the Government Universities.
Thanks
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by Donmeca(m): 5:35pm On May 04, 2012
Have u got d admission? If not, concentrate on applying for admission first...thats from arnd september to january. When u've got d admission letter by April/May, u rush and apply 4d visa...it takes time 4 nigerians living in Nigeria....say 3months, sumtimes less. Finance is a major issue so choose d right course dat may attract scholarships....u may b lucky i.e if u are not a silver-spoon person.
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by VCTROKOYE: 5:47pm On May 07, 2012
I have the admission already. i just want to know how much the embassy needs. And also other requirements. Where do I submit my documents?
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by Donmeca(m): 1:11pm On May 28, 2012
If this info is still useful....check VFS Global's website. Google it. U will have all d info u need from dem. Last yr was around 48k both visa fee and commissions. List of reqrd doc is there also. Gudluck
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by nastykid: 11:59am On Jul 26, 2012
Would love to know how much the tuition fee is
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by tobiloba82: 9:26pm On Aug 01, 2012
€519 per month * 12 months.
then you go for medicals straight. they have 3 hospitals, therfore you choose one. i will give you the names of the hospitals tomorrow.
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by futurewise11(m): 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
@tobiloba,
ARE U SAYING WITH 6500,IN STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT IS WHAT U NEED TO APPLY FOR BELGIUM STUDENT VISA
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by tobiloba82: 10:25pm On Sep 19, 2012
What i mean is that you must present an account balance worth 6228 euros and the cash must have been there for at least a year. Also documents attached will be legalised and it is 15 euros per document. The embassy will legalise d documents for you. U should be prepare for medical examination too.
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by futurewise11(m): 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2012
@tobiloba,
please whats the tuition fee like or is it free?
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by tobiloba82: 11:18am On Sep 24, 2012
There are no tuition free schools in belgium. you can only earn scholarship by luck for master degree. However, the have cheap and affordale master degree courses. i only appreciate their position on bank account statement which is calculate as 519 euros per monthe for a year. the money must reflect that it has been their exactly or over a year. To cut it short, N1.5m. then you are good to go. Some of their masters courses are not more that 3000 euros.
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by thosedays: 2:42pm On Sep 25, 2012
wink
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by ghettodreamz(m): 6:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
tobiloba82: There are no tuition free schools in belgium. you can only earn scholarship by luck for master degree. However, the have cheap and affordale master degree courses. i only appreciate their position on bank account statement which is calculate as 519 euros per monthe for a year. the money must reflect that it has been their exactly or over a year. To cut it short, N1.5m. then you are good to go. Some of their masters courses are not more that 3000 euros.

Thanks for your contributions on the thread, they are indeed informational. Meanwhile, I'd like to find out some important stuffs from you, which are;

What is it like studying in Belgium?
Do you stayed in school student-managed accommodation/off campus apartment?
What's the monthly cost of living like over there (i.e feeding,rented accommodation,transport & utility bills?
Do you have any idea of the tuition fees for UG programmes (esp Computer Sci/Information Technology)?
What's the UG & Msc course duration?
Are students allowed to work there & What's the chances of getting PT jobs as international students?
Pay figures if appropriate/applicable?

I'll appreciate your swift response to the above questions, thank you in anticipation.
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by tobiloba82: 8:40pm On Sep 25, 2012
The money could be in ur a/c or sponsor a/c. your sponsor will have to sign a sponsor form. you will be given the form at their consulate in lekki.
There are jobs for international students in Belgium. Though you will be given 50 days to work in a year without paying social contribution(taxes) if you work more than 50 days in year,you will have to start paying social contributions to the govt.
once you have a good bank account and you can defend the sponsor relationship between both of you, you are good to go. i will give you computer/it related courses' tuition fees later.
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by ghettodreamz(m): 10:58pm On Sep 25, 2012
tobiloba82: The money could be in ur a/c or sponsor a/c. your sponsor will have to sign a sponsor form. you will be given the form at their consulate in lekki.
There are jobs for international students in Belgium. Though you will be given 50 days to work in a year without paying social contribution(taxes) if you work more than 50 days in year,you will have to start paying social contributions to the govt.
once you have a good bank account and you can defend the sponsor relationship between both of you, you are good to go. i will give you computer/it related courses' tuition fees later.

And what's the figure like plus social tax inclusive? And how readily available are the jobs upon arrival or does it take few months before one can be allowed to work after the 50days allowed is being exceeded? I was thinking you were also schooling there at the moment, or where are you?

I will be looking forward to your post about the Schools offering Computer/IT related courses and their tuition fee structures, thanks.
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by incredibleindia: 6:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
Part time jobs are easier to find in belgium, in main centres such as liege, leuven, brussels and antwerp , jobs which require no language and most of the belgians actually speak english fluently and you will have a lot of options when you actually land there and go around and start looking for jobs. when it comes to pay ...they pay you around 7 euros min. for unskilled jobs in restaurants it can go upto 18 - 20 euros per hour.
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by psymon77(m): 10:48pm On Apr 10, 2013
Thanks guy for the work well done.pls I wld like to know the essence of the interview contacted at the embassy.do they normally use it in deciding one's study visa?
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by micarson: 2:34pm On May 01, 2013
@incredibleindia@ghettodreamz@Donmeca@tobiloba82Where Plz i need a guideline Where do I submit my documents for application for master studied visa, if i will go direct to the Belgium embassy or to the Vsf Global Centre. if am to submit my application for visa did i need to go with my sponsor that same day at vsf Global centre.

Thanks
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by adebayosun02: 10:14am On Oct 19, 2013
tobiloba82: What i mean is that you must present an account balance worth 6228 euros and the cash must have been there for at least a year. Also documents attached will be legalised and it is 15 euros per document. The embassy will legalise d documents for you. U should be prepare for medical examination too.

~
@tobiloba82, a number of questions baffle me on
how to legalise my documents @Belgium embassy
here in Nigeria. These issues are itemised below
please help address the issues to the best of your
knowledge
I was able to copy the information below from the
VHS website
- - - - - - - - - - - -
"The embassy of Belgium is only allowed to legalize
original documents or 'Certified copies'
Original documents or 'Certified copies'
A 'Certified copy' must bear:
- The mention 'Certified copy'
- The signature and the seal from the institute that
originally issued the document.
"
- - - - - - - - - - - -
My question on the above information is:
How do I go about getting "Certified copy" of my
documents although I have the originals of these
documents?
Do I make clear and clean photocopies of these my
documents and have the signature and the seal from
the institute that originally issued the document on
it. Will this be solution to the issues raised on their
site as I paste it above
From VHS websites
- - - - - - - - - - - -
The Belgian embassy in Nigeria only legalises the
signature of the authorities at the Nigerian Ministry
of Foreign affairs in Abuja.
Please make sure that before coming to the embassy
the document is signed by this authority.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
My question on the above information is:
Do I have to travel to Nigerian Ministry of Foreign
affairs in Abuja to have these documents signed
again by the said Ministry?
From VHS websites
- - - - - - - - - - - -
.......which he/she submits to the legalisation
department of the embassy, together with the
documents to be legalised. These documents must
be originals.
Belgian officials may refuse documents that are older
than 6 months.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
My question on the above information is: Do I have to
Submit my ORIGINAL documents along with the
documents also what did they mean by saying "
Belgian officials may refuse documents that are older
than 6 months."
Lastly, how long does it take by the embassy to
legalised documents?

I will appreciate if you can direct the answer to these questions into my mailbox because am not to frequent online.
adebayosun02@gmail.com
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by freshskillz: 7:05am On Nov 22, 2013
Pls how do I go about studying a bachelor prog in Belgium nd can anyone give me names of schs that offers their courses in English................thnks
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
Please let keep this thread alive. I will like to inform fellow nairalanders that admissions into various universities in Belgium has started. Hurry and secure your place. Good Luck
Re: How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education by Krissy01(f): 5:11pm On Mar 06
hi guys I need advice
I'm already in a bleeped up situation and I don't know what to do so I need some advice. so I moved to the Netherlands for my bachelor's degree in marketing I've been here for 1yrs and some months now and with the naira rate I've been unable to pay my tuition for some months now plus I couldn't take my exams because I was de-registered. now my school told IND(the immigration ) about my situation and I'm being asked to leave the Netherlands. so all my resources from the beginning is just gone plus I didn't even get the degree I initially came for.im not ready to move back home especially now that things are getting worse.
I'm just really sad right now and don't know what to do. I need help 😭

(1) (Reply)

After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? / 65 Nigerians Deported From European Countries / China To Allow International Students To Work Part-time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.