Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Nigerian Women Are Unromantic - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Women Are Unromantic (2343 Views)

THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 / Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women / The Beauty Of Northern Nigerian Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by doncaster(m): 8:29pm On Nov 11, 2007
Just imagine calling your wify Honny and she call you OGA.
Saw this two couple in london yesterday, at first i don't know they are Nigerians until we enter the same bus. When we were about to enter the man call Honny Honny where is your bus pass and the wify replied Oga its in my handbag. I turned and the woman sensed that i might be a Nigerian on the way i looked at  hear as she said that word OGA. Oviously i thought the man was not her husband until i started talking to them as i know now that they are nigerians. To my greatest suprise both of them are Medical Doctors in Nigeria.
Why are our women be so unromantic.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2007
And you based Nigerian women's lack of romance on that? shocked
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by britgirlee(f): 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2007
oh how pathetic,
you obviously havnt heard of pet names!!!
Siena:

And you based Nigerian women's lack of romance on that? shocked

i couldnt believe it my self!!
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 11, 2007
Well Fox, we live in a very "generalising" world!

Still, it's funny to comprehend sometimes. wink
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 11, 2007
@post
baby let me upgrade you wink lol, naija women can be romantic. . .but moi, very romantic, come into my world and you'll never want to leave. . .got what i mean?(-) bank account wink wink cheesyjoking o
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by ifyalways(f): 9:59pm On Nov 11, 2007
generalizing in action.
and who says that 'oga' is not romantic? lipsrsealed

grin wink cheesy
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by naijadiva2(f): 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2007
whatever, atlease nigerian women are more romantic than nigerian men. they try to be romantic but it just doesnt work.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by chiogo(f): 10:35pm On Nov 11, 2007
Roflmao @story. No,Nigerian girls are romantic. U just met some ghetto couple, like who uses "oga"??, they must be really ghetto(or local as y'all say)
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by spoilt(f): 10:45pm On Nov 11, 2007
one more thread about nigerian women and how unromantic they are and i'll kill myself. cant take anymore. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 11, 2007
spoilt:

one more thread about nigerian women and how unromantic they are and i'll kill myself. can't take anymore. grin grin

What is madam complaining about? when Nigerian men were "lazy" and "insensitive" you no complain o. grin
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by spoilt(f): 11:11pm On Nov 11, 2007
davidylan:

What is madam complaining about? when Nigerian men were "lazy" and "insensitive" you no complain o. grin

ROFLMBO

Davidylan take your time. grin

We havent had many threads addressing the laziness of our men. *cough**cough**. tongue tongue
But just about everywhere i turn its about the unromantic nigerian woman.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 11, 2007
spoilt:

ROFLMBO

Davidylan take your time. grin

We havent had many threads addressing the laziness of our men. *cough**cough**. tongue tongue
But just about everywhere i turn its about the unromantic nigerian woman.

It is not our fault. . . the evidence is clear. Just look around at the brittle nature of those who represent the Nigerian women on this forum. I'd rather marry a Jewish woman. grin
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by spoilt(f): 11:25pm On Nov 11, 2007
cool down oh davidylan. grin Who has time to 'chocorise' and be romantic? There's yam to be pounded, water to be fetched, children to be backed, yards to be swept and conjugal duties to be mechanically performed. We are too exhausted to be romantic! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by Ikomi(m): 11:29pm On Nov 11, 2007
I dont see Romance in the dictionary of any Nigerian language. I think what we are used to is making babies and getting down to business,

spoilt:

There's yam to be pounded, water to be fetched, children to be backed, yards to be swept and conjugal duties to be mechanically performed. We are too exhausted to be romantic! grin grin

And the man goes out to get the money. Shikena.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by presido1: 11:34pm On Nov 11, 2007
Ikomi:

I don't see Romance in the dictionary of any Nigerian language. I think what we are used to is making babies and getting down to business,
And the man goes out to get the money. Shikena.
Now they are backing like wounded lion but will always bash 9ja guys like tomorrow has passed. OGA chei 9ja women are not representing at all. Medical doctors for that marra. Anyway i dont blame them, its from their foremothers.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 11, 2007
spoilt:

cool down oh davidylan. grin Who has time to 'chocorise' and be romantic? There's yam to be pounded, water to be fetched, children to be backed, yards to be swept and conjugal duties to be mechanically performed. We are too exhausted to be romantic! grin grin

There's plumbing to be fixed, carpentry work to be done, tyres and carburetors to be fixed on the cars, rent to be paid, school fees to provide and energy to burn performing conjugal duties. We are too exhausted to be romantic and we are too busy to be lazy!
Chikena!
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by jgirl3: 8:18am On Nov 12, 2007
See me see wahala ooo!
When we have insensitive men - what do we need to be romantic for? (j/k)

How are you sure that word doesn't turn him on? Maybe it's how they've called each other since day 1. Besides Nigerian women can be very romantic, in fact most of them are - when they are single. Once marriage comes in, that fact is variable.

Where are all the "uncles" that were condemning us for calling them insensitive? They should come and lodge their own complaints here.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by presido1: 12:41pm On Nov 12, 2007
Oga chei shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed!!! is she learning trade from the husband or what? why should our ladies/women be so unromantic to call their husband Oga, i even saw one myself that calls the husband DEE/Deede as he is her elder brother or something.You husband call you honni you call him Oga then how do think your Oga will carry your shopping bag for you. Call him Honni or sweetie and see why he will not even carry you for back with wrapper(oja).
Oga will ever get servant, the wife has mad herself the servant.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by wesseyblak(m): 4:55pm On Nov 12, 2007
@first poster,

, who told you that Nigerian women are not romantic,you just come to my area,even a new born-baby(girl) is romantic,likewise everyother chicks there, u mean where is my area?,i'll tell u later,hmmmm,ok its ILASA

So,to prove u wrong,come to my city,anyway all the babes i've ever been dating are highly romantic.

Regards,
wesseyblack
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by janami(f): 8:53pm On Nov 12, 2007
different names turn different people on. how do u know that this "oga" name is not a private joke btw the pair?
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by presido1: 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2007
janami:

different names turn different people on. how do u know that this "oga" name is not a private joke between the pair?
Inside public transport.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by ghettochyk(f): 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2007
lmao @ thread? so?! Don't you think her man should be da judge of dat? couples make up different nicknames for each other which may also be comical names. anywayz, dont feel like writing much cuz dis is funny and silly. nothing to get all hyped about. grin
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by almondjoy(f): 11:24pm On Nov 13, 2007
We can't be romantic since most of you guys are not "pretty" to look at anymore. Get rid of that pot belly and stop nagging us for sex all the time and we might just recover enough to be romantic. angry

Don't attack us like animals in a zoo!
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by naijadiva2(f): 12:54am On Nov 14, 2007
almondjoy:

We can't be romantic since most of you guys are not "pretty" to look at anymore. Get rid of that pot belly and stop nagging us for sex all the time and we might just recover enough to be romantic. angry

lol. so true.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 14, 2007
almondjoy:

grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by jayn(f): 3:56pm On Nov 14, 2007
wu says naija women rnt romantic maybe its just ur wife tongue tongue[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by mutter(f): 10:55pm On Nov 14, 2007
Sometimes when my huband gives me an "order" i also reply "yes sir". I think that says so much like stop bossing or can´t you say it nicer. It always depends on the situation.
Besides I think in a relationship where ther is respect romance can florish more.
IF i call my husband honey etc and there is no resect and we keep getting at each others neck ist that romance?
When I first got married we did have our arguments and I often wanted to stand my ground but at night my huband would tease me and say i wanted to be a man in the daytime and a woman at night.
I just love being a woman and letting the man be in control. I get what I want anyway just have to know how to tune him on the right frequency. Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown not the neck that rotates the head that carries the crown.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by netotse(m): 11:33pm On Nov 14, 2007
mutter:

Sometimes when my huband gives me an "order" i also reply "yes sir". I think that says so much like stop bossing or can´t you say it nicer. It always depends on the situation.

mutter:

When I first got married we did have our arguments and I often wanted to stand my ground but at night my huband would tease me and say i wanted to be a man in the daytime and a woman at night

mutter:

I just love being a woman and letting the man be in control. I get what I want anyway just have to know how to tune him on the right frequency. Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown not the neck that rotates the head that carries the crown.

meennn thats deep!
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 14, 2007
Mutter is a role model for all wives out there. Sometimes you dont have to be in command to be in charge.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by fakedavid: 11:48pm On Nov 14, 2007
obviously u r a busy body - what do you want - u want the woman to be kissing her hubby in the bus for you to know she is romantic - i guess u just want to see a blue movie in the bus live btwn hubby and wife. - na wa for u - i sure say the couple go dey laugh behind you when dem leave u - silly old boy - who send u message - no go face your own o make u dey look for romantic couple for bus for London- shio - Oga ko - Oga ni.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by iice(f): 6:36am On Nov 15, 2007
LMAO @ Blue movie grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women Are Unromantic by romeo(m): 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2007
please!!! our women are romantic

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bwiti Religion - Gabons Return To Paganism! (watch Bbc Documentary) / What About Nigeria Excites non-Nigerians? / Is Our Ethnic Diversity A Blessing Or A Curse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.