Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll (14279 Views)

Buhari’s Approval Rating Crashes Down – Poll / Nigeria - 2nd Most Positive (happiest) Country In Africa - Gallup Poll / Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by shakomende: 4:32pm On May 01, 2012
True or False?

Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan enjoys an 81% approval rating says U.S. polling organization, Gallup. In addition, according to the organization, 64% of Nigerians approve of the country’s leadership.

President Goodluck Jonathan’s ratings was similar to the positive ratings of other African leaders though his was higher than average. Other featured African Presidents include the President of Botswana who enjoys an 81% approval rating and the President of Guinea who enjoys an 80% approval rating. The President of Angola received the lowest approval rating at just about 16%. Check out the full rating table here:

From CP-Africa
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by manny4life(m): 5:16pm On May 01, 2012
If they had said "approval ratings by the international community" then I'll say TRUE, but the average Nigerian does NOT agree with this. The average Nigerian hasn't benefited "directly" from GEJ leadership just like his predecessors. Let's look at it this way

1. Boko Haram menace - Like how many bombs and its victims has it claimed? sad sad sad

2. Oil subsidy removal (though I support it, but the timing and approach was WRONG) embarassed embarassed

3. Oil subsidy SCAM (Marketers, NNPC folks and their like should have been roasting in Jail, YET nothing) angry angry angry

4. Almost every sector in Nigeria needs sanity,

I can continue to go on and on, but for someone to tell me he's enjoying an 81% is just plain LIES. I do not agree with the statement, therefore, as to your question, the answer is FALSE.

11 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Yeske2(m): 6:11pm On May 01, 2012
^^^Exactly my thoughts too.
I don't believe this represented the true feeling of Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Starlett: 9:34pm On May 01, 2012
The Gallup poll or whatever was obviously paid for. Else I challenge them to go ahead and provide further details. Sample space - margin of error, etc.

Less than 40% of Nigerians approve of his govt. And even amongst those who "approve", many only do so cos they prefer him to a northerner.

I have always made the case that even if the South or South-South wanted to rule, what we've seen so far under Jona is far from being the best that the region can offer.
And he knows so himself.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Jeel: 9:40pm On May 01, 2012
I agree
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by tit(f): 10:10pm On May 01, 2012
Now we know where beaf has been.
Maybe he was rigging this gallop poll deciiding whom to vote and whom to chase away from the polling booth.

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by terrykarl(m): 10:12pm On May 01, 2012
ITS A PAID ADVERTORIAL BY THE PDP GANG

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by kiyosaki1(m): 10:13pm On May 01, 2012
na today yansh dey back I beg ma I hear better News that poll is nothing but the doing of paid international PRO to me personally I think he is a good man

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Pennywise(m): 10:13pm On May 01, 2012
He he. U can't get that number even in Bayelsa. Statistical parody.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by iykay4455(m): 10:14pm On May 01, 2012
Gallup captured the true reflection of how Nigerians feel about Jonathan

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Demdem(m): 10:15pm On May 01, 2012
One thing am certain about is am ain't among those that approves the retardeen's handling of situations in this country.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by stunna2(m): 10:20pm On May 01, 2012
here we go again, im sure the poll is accurate; since i have stated again and again that a few people can only take hold of a whole nation such as nigeria and hold it hostage and rule over it for so long and plunder it so ruthlessly with no consequences and for so long without the tacit approval of the people!

what about all those drum beatings and dances yall have anytime there's a new ruler...no matter how he gets there, guns of politics

pls. i have also tried to inform nigerians that they r some of the most self-unaware group in the world!

so, no one should be surprised...it is known in psychology that there is quite often a huge difference between what people say they feel and their actual feeling. lol
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by aieromon(m): 10:20pm On May 01, 2012
Arrant nonsense angry
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 01, 2012
They probably polled his fellow politicians.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by 1025: 10:30pm On May 01, 2012
lies! lies!!lies!!!.
andy uba the then special adviser to obasanjo was caught in usa over money laundry via our presidential jet -what happened? america collected all the money and let the idiot come home to a compromised ribadu that told us it was a civil case.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by doctokwus: 10:30pm On May 01, 2012
Maybe they meant 18%

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by emmatok(m): 10:33pm On May 01, 2012
Is that the-same controversial Gallup Organization in US?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by DaLover(m): 10:36pm On May 01, 2012
Unfortunately this story is only credible if it criticizes GEJ....Left, right and center I see MUGUS
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by wolexojo(m): 10:37pm On May 01, 2012
Its actually "galloping" poll! oshisko!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Olatad: 10:37pm On May 01, 2012
INSULT UPON INJURY

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Akiika: 10:47pm On May 01, 2012
Great! whomever conducted or concocted this fake result, may his life be as good or as RUINED as Nigeria is...whatever is the true picture.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by violent(m): 10:47pm On May 01, 2012
$tunna:
here we go again, im sure the poll is accurate; since i have stated again and again that a few people can only take hold of a whole nation such as nigeria and hold it hostage and rule over it for so long and plunder it so ruthlessly with no consequences and for so long without the tacit approval of the people!

what about all those drum beatings and dances yall have anytime there's a new ruler...no matter how he gets there, guns of politics

pls. i have also tried to inform nigerians that they r some of the most self-unaware group in the world!

so, no one should be surprised...it is known in psychology that there is quite often a huge difference between what people say they feel and their actual feeling. lol

I agree completely with you. The poll must be accurate and reflective of Mama Ngozi's view of the current leadership especially given that her three daughters are now forced to walk 6 miles to school since the oil subsidy grand theft removal. I'm sure the poll also includes the thoughts of Musa who by streak of unlucky fate happen to have lost an eye to the ugly menace of Boko Haram.... perhaps you are even right...none of these guys mean what they say, all those screaming blood of how tired they are about the incessant pains and burdens visited on them by their leaders only do so for the media attention...they all seceretly admired the president's bowler hat and his 1 billion naira appetite..

You know what? I've infact just spoken to 4 of my friends and the 4 of them voiced their approval for President Jonathan, never mind they've not been to Nigeria before, who cares?....I should now publish the results of my findings about how 100 percent of Nigerians approve of the President's leadership!

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by rakumiii(m): 10:49pm On May 01, 2012
They must be crazy.............Have we forgotten about the Fuel Subsidy matter? That issue is still boiling HOT and no way GEJ can have such high approval rating.....

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by duality(m): 10:49pm On May 01, 2012
anything GEJ gives some people e-rectio-n.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by yuzedo: 10:52pm On May 01, 2012
Hah! cheesy
I dey laff! grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by BlackBaron: 10:53pm On May 01, 2012
Tis set of statistics was probably collated from MEND and other creek militants.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by gregg2: 10:54pm On May 01, 2012
It's hightime we realised that
only ACN & CPC supporters critisize GEJ. Poll is correct.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by lacasa: 10:54pm On May 01, 2012
Ofcourse now.

When Ʊ kiss †ђξ ass ŏƒ †ђξ USA n play Ʊr politics to †ђξir tune Ʊ'll surely be praised n saiid to be an angel internationally.

GEJ approval rating ŏƒ 81% ΐn α gallup poll? Who do d survey?? Aπϑ ΐ am sure Įƭ wasn't nigerians ϑα† were d case study, maybe Įƭ was citizens ŏƒ IJAW REPUBLIC

Rubbish!!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by teskyg: 10:59pm On May 01, 2012
The poll is correct.I ran a poll on GEJ amoung ma friends,about 10 of them.8 appoved of GEJ.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by kwaghe: 11:00pm On May 01, 2012
doctokwus: Maybe they meant 18%
Or rather 8.1%.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by tute972002(m): 11:08pm On May 01, 2012
Probably True, Cos most of Nigerians crying foul now will Still vote him come 2015. Again, dey'll be votin for goodluck not pdp. Again, dey can't vote for any northerner Cos dey 're religious bigots. Again, GEJ 'll be d best alternative of d pack! Bunch of hypocrites!

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by emiye(m): 11:11pm On May 01, 2012
THE research was conducted only in Otuoke, Bayelsa. lol grin angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges / Photos From Osun State ‘pick Your PVC Rally’ / Abu Ibrahim: 'Atiku No Match For Buhari In The North'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.