Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,929 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:41 AM

Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... (87322 Views)

Poll: Which is the best feed?

Coppens. From holland!.: 69% (18 votes)
Chi feed. from ibadan!: 15% (4 votes)
Durante. From ibadan!: 11% (3 votes)
zeigler from usa!: 0% (0 votes)
Vita feed from jos: 3% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Investment In Catfish Farming (things you need to know) / Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 4:17pm On May 06, 2012
obados2000: ok but can i have ur contact

arramyjay@yahoo.com. I am online 247 on yahoo chat. And me and we chat.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 6:52am On May 07, 2012
You got it?
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by pat077: 1:24pm On May 07, 2012
i'll like 2 know if it is advisable to rear catfish in a plastic tank and hw frequent shld one change d water?
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 1:34pm On May 07, 2012
pat077: i'll like 2 know if it is advisable to rear catfish in a plastic tank and hw frequent shld one change d water?

It basically depends on u,but wht u shud knw is tht fishes need space so if the tank is spacious then yes.change the water once in 2days and wash d tank evry 1ce a month boss.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by pat077: 3:22pm On May 07, 2012
arramyjay:

It basically depends on u,but wht u shud knw is tht fishes need space so if the tank is spacious then yes.change the water once in 2days and wash d tank evry 1ce a month boss.
tanx 4 d reply but can i wash wit d fish in d tank or shld i remove d fish when washin? And is possible to rear fish to 1kg wit d plastic tank?

1 Like

Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 3:33pm On May 07, 2012
pat077: tanx 4 d reply but can i wash wit d fish in d tank or shld i remove d fish when washin? And is possible to rear fish to 1kg wit d plastic tank?

It wud be vry difficult to wash the tank witj the fishes inside,so if possible transfer them and dnt wash wit dertergent,yes it is possible to rear them to abt 1kg only and only if the tank is spacious.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by aquatic1(m): 4:23pm On May 07, 2012
Hello nairalanders, nice topics arramyjay. But can you guys and ladies check on my blog for more information @ www.araratnigeria..com, its free and full of information about catfish farming, but if you have any question about any post you read on there, don't hesitate to mail me at araratnigeria@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by Teedol: 5:26pm On May 07, 2012
Hi poster u r doing a good job, keep it up. Pls I would like to test run with 50- 100 juveniles, how do I get an affordable plastic tank? I guess I will be needing 2 so I can easily separate them when they start growing.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 5:33pm On May 07, 2012
Teedol: Hi poster u r doing a good job, keep it up. Pls I would like to test run with 50- 100 juveniles, how do I get an affordable plastic tank? I guess I will be needing 2 so I can easily separate them when they start growing.

Mr aquatic1 sells plastic tanks he will get bck to u shortly.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by aquatic1(m): 6:04pm On May 07, 2012
Teedol: Hi poster u r doing a good job, keep it up. Pls I would like to test run with 50- 100 juveniles, how do I get an affordable plastic tank? I guess I will be needing 2 so I can easily separate them when they start growing.

Its sold for 35k, with free 100fingerlings, you can mail me @ araratnigeria@gmail.com for more information.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by aquatic1(m): 6:16pm On May 07, 2012
For you that is just starting new or you have been doing the business and you are having little problem, or you are doing it well, thumb ups, check www.araratnigeria..com for informations. Check out some of this product which is very use and can make you achieve your goal in the catfish business.

This is the auto feeder, maybe you are away from home in the morning and come back in the evening from work, and you are thinking you can't do the business because of your time, whith the auto feeder, you are good to go, you can program it to the quantity of feed to give to your fish. Dry, loose, flake and pellet food can be used, digital timer for setting up regular feeding time, unique system to prevent food from wastage, can be operated automatically or manually, making fish keeping easier.

Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by aquatic1(m): 6:35pm On May 07, 2012
Water is fish and fish is water, if the water is not okay, that's when you fish your fish dying or not swimming well you need to test your water everyday, because its PH can change any time, likewise the ammonia and the nitrate, especially for those that do fingerlings production, some will just wake up and find massive death of fish, and if you look closely if not the feed you are giving them, it wi
ll be the water, the PH of water is very important in fish farming, we have the test kit for sale, you can even go for the PH monitor kit, which will be monitoring your water for you everyday without you doing it.

Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 7:28pm On May 07, 2012
aquatic1: Water is fish and fish is water, if the water is not okay, that's when you fish your fish dying or not swimming well you need to test your water everyday, because its PH can change any time, likewise the ammonia and the nitrate, especially for those that do fingerlings production, some will just wake up and find massive death of fish, and if you look closely if not the feed you are giving them, it wi
ll be the water, the PH of water is very important in fish farming, we have the test kit for sale, you can even go for the PH monitor kit, which will be monitoring your water for you everyday without you doing it.

This is serious o, can u paste the prices?
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by deandavid(m): 9:28pm On May 07, 2012
arramyjay:

This is serious o, can u paste the prices?
hey hey, armyjay why do you need this, if you have the biodisc? I thought with the disc, every test or defect in the water will be corrected.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 9:45pm On May 07, 2012
deandavid: hey hey, armyjay why do you need this, if you have the biodisc? I thought with the disc, every test or defect in the water will be corrected.

Well since a lot of people don't believe in using the disc,I tot if mr aquatic posted the price,it wud be nice for all to see,And tell me exactly how I implied I wanted to get them?
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by aquatic1(m): 11:04pm On May 07, 2012
Catfish need oxygen, without enough oxygen in the water, the fish will start hanging on the water, some can die, and some can get sick, but with the help of oxygen, your fish is always healthy. We have the air pump, air compressor and the air blower.

Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by aquatic1(m): 11:32pm On May 07, 2012
As the aim to make fish farm easy
and convenient for people, we have
take a race of getting the collapse-able
Mobile tarpaulin vat and non collapse-able plastic vat.
This is the best latest technology for
fish production. It is a portable,
carriage and collapse-able pond. it
come in different sizes,
and they are very affordable.
And its not compulsory you
are a farmer, you can get the home
pond vat and set it up in your
compound for consumption.

BENEFIT
you will be give the quantity of fish

that will occupied the vat you buy.

free consultancy

free transport within Lagos

due to its light total weight, it can
be easily assemble and dismantle
within 3hours if you wish to relocate.

It save cost of labor, running
expenses, maintenance e.t.c

It gives room for security and
privacy i.e you can assemble one in
your backyard or room space.

There is speed in construction

It can be used for other things
such as
keep brood-stock
nurse fingerlings
do grow-out food fish
do ornamental
grade tanks for shooters e.t.c.

Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by aquatic1(m): 12:02am On May 08, 2012
After you have set up your farm, you need a healthy  and  growing , all our prayer is to invest in a business and make profit, so when you are buying , please shine your eyes, a lot of hungey lions are out there trying to get your hard earn  from you and giving you shit.

If you need to construct your ponds, or setup your hatcheries, you need information about catfish farming, contact me at araratnigeria@gmail.com or 08053018934 or you need to ask questions.

arramyjay:

Well since a lot of people don't believe in using the disc,I tot if mr aquatic posted the price,it wud be nice for all to see,And tell me exactly how I implied I wanted to get them?

You can mail me with the one you want, they varies in sizes, and there capacity is different.

Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by aquatic1(m): 12:03am On May 08, 2012
After you have set up your farm, you need a healthy fish and fish growing fish, all our prayer is to invest in a business and make profit, so when you are buying fish, please shine your eyes, a lot of hungry lions are out there trying to get your hard earn money from you and giving you shit.

If you need to construct your ponds, or setup your hatcheries, you need information about catfish farming, contact me at araratnigeria@gmail.com or 08053018934 or you need to ask questions.

arramyjay:

You can mail me with the one you want, they varies in sizes, and there capacity is different.

Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 4:33am On May 08, 2012
Dear all pls if you make this thread advert thread at least paste the prices on here.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by aquatic1(m): 7:26am On May 08, 2012
arramyjay: Dear all pls if you make this thread advert thread at least paste the prices on here.

@arramyjay, am not really making it an advert thread, I believe this materials will help *US* all. Here are the prices.

1 PH meter is 16k, 18.5k, 24k
2 PH monitor is 24k, 28k, 33k
3 Auto feeder is 14k, 18k
4 air pump 6500, 8k, 15k, 20k
5 air compressor 19k, 26k
6 air blower 40k,70k, 110k, 130k
7 fish 10naira, 20naira 35naira
8 mobile vat (collapse-able tarpaulin) 70k, 90k, 130k, 180k
9 mobile vat non collapse-able plastic) 35k, 45k, 60k
10 pelleting machine 25k, 60k, 120k, 160k, 250k

But all d product size depends, the vary in sizes and shapes.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by aquatic1(m): 7:27am On May 08, 2012
arramyjay: Dear all pls if you make this thread advert thread at least paste the prices on here.

@arramyjay, am not really making it an advert thread, I believe this materials will help *US* all. Here are the prices.

1 PH meter is 16k, 18.5k, 24k
2 PH monitor is 24k, 28k, 33k
3 Auto feeder is 14k, 18k
4 air pump 6500, 8k, 15k, 20k
5 air compressor 19k, 26k
6 air blower 40k,70k, 110k, 130k
7 fish 10naira, 20naira 35naira
8 mobile vat (collapse-able tarpaulin) 70k, 90k, 130k, 180k
9 mobile vat non collapse-able plastic) 35k, 45k, 60k
10 pelleting machine 25k, 60k, 120k, 160k, 250k

But all d product size depends, the vary in sizes and shapes, and capacity
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 10:19am On May 08, 2012
Added a poll.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 11:23am On May 08, 2012
Dear all only serious minded farmers shud add me. undecided
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 5:47am On May 09, 2012
Any1?
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by mycece: 10:26am On May 09, 2012
www.connectandgrowrich.gnbo.com.ng - FREEBIES! PAY YOUR BILLS.....
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 4:56pm On May 09, 2012
mycece: www.connectandgrowrich.gnbo.com.ng - FREEBIES! PAY YOUR BILLS.....

Get off this thread men.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by ikooko(m): 2:15am On May 10, 2012
Hello @ poster, i commend your efforts so far i'll love to add my voice to this thread for the benefit of all especially those interested in fish farming for quick profit.
two most important things required for sucessful fish farming are: stable source of water supply and your total commitment, as modern research as shown wide deviation from what fish farming used to be in the past.
If ure interested in any other aquaculture other than earthy ponds you must be certain to replace your water every other day, water level must be 4ft for easy food conversion. it means that if you have a 10*10 concrete or plastic tank, u'll need about 20000lts of water or more every 2days. If earthy pounds, considerarion must be given to drain pipes, polluttion and water replenishment. nature of soil, pond pollution and diseace outbreak determine whether pond water will be changed or not.
On feeding, technology has also shown that feeding pattern determines output reason why some farmers can bost of 1kg-2kg within 3months, needless to say their food connsumption is directly proportional to their sizes which varies from week to week. Also feeding pattern is very important especially when u change from floating to sinking feeds, if care is not taken you may just be wasting your feeds thinking ure feeding your fishes.
There is no hard and fast rule as to the best time for feeding. personal experience has shown that fish responds to feeding at nights as much as they do during the day, but how many fish farmers can do that except few backyard farmers like me.
Lastly the majority size of your fish at crop determine the price/kg. if 70% of your fish is 0.8kg upwards, ure likely to get btw 400 & 500/kg but if 70% are arround 0.7kg your maket price should be arround 300-400/kg
This is my submisson.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 7:04am On May 10, 2012
ikooko: Hello @ poster, i commend your efforts so far i'll love to add my voice to this thread for the benefit of all especially those interested in fish farming for quick profit.
two most important things required for sucessful fish farming are: stable source of water supply and your total commitment, as modern research as shown wide deviation from what fish farming used to be in the past.
If ure interested in any other aquaculture other than earthy ponds you must be certain to replace your water every other day, water level must be 4ft for easy food conversion. it means that if you have a 10*10 concrete or plastic tank, u'll need about 20000lts of water or more every 2days. If earthy pounds, considerarion must be given to drain pipes, polluttion and water replenishment. nature of soil, pond pollution and diseace outbreak determine whether pond water will be changed or not.
On feeding, technology has also shown that feeding pattern determines output reason why some farmers can bost of 1kg-2kg within 3months, needless to say their food connsumption is directly proportional to their sizes which varies from week to week. Also feeding pattern is very important especially when u change from floating to sinking feeds, if care is not taken you may just be wasting your feeds thinking ure feeding your fishes.
There is no hard and fast rule as to the best time for feeding. personal experience has shown that fish responds to feeding at nights as much as they do during the day, but how many fish farmers can do that except few backyard farmers like me.
Lastly the majority size of your fish at crop determine the price/kg. if 70% of your fish is 0.8kg upwards, ure likely to get btw 400 & 500/kg but if 70% are arround 0.7kg your maket price should be arround 300-400/kg
This is my submisson.

U are a brilliant farmer boss.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by ikooko(m): 9:14am On May 10, 2012
^^^ thanks my brother, we are here to educate ourselves especially some who wants to make quick money without understanding the challenges involved in the business.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by arramyjay: 5:51pm On May 10, 2012
ikooko: ^^^ thanks my brother, we are here to educate ourselves especially some who wants to make quick money without understanding the challenges involved in the business.

Yes I totally agree boss.
Re: Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... by akonucheinfo(m): 11:13pm On May 10, 2012
Please i want some one to help here. am confused, i started fish biz just this january 2012, through a friend who is into it as well. My problem is water, and feeding frequent without seeing the growth.

As i speak, i have roughly spent 500k, and they are in the 4th month, yet i hardly see 1kg. am not impressed with the growth considering how much i have put into it. I have been using a local feed formulation. dont know if thats where the problem is. but in my fomulation i have more of FISH MEAL, SOYA MEAL, GNS, AND INDOMIE. it seem i will paste my formulation here when next i come. pls advise. i need them to be atleast 1kg in the 4th month or 5th month at most. i need all the help i can get. tnx all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Strange Bird Killed By Fulani / Giant Fish Caught In Lake At IITA Ibadan. / Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.