Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,998 members, 7,806,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria (26172 Views)

Glo Bolt Modem Is A Fraud. . .pls Dont Buy It / Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? / BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 4:56am On May 04, 2012
ebamma: please i need reasonable answers

Check here https://www.nairaland.com/929604/best-modem-nigeria-guides-which for full guide

2 Likes

Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by semid4lyfe(m): 5:26am On May 04, 2012
Get the Etisalat HUAWEI E367 21.6Mbps modem, unlock it so you can use it with any network and you're good to go
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by betrani(m): 5:31am On May 04, 2012
www.legalwealthcreation.com:

Imagine! !!Nokia X2-01 is a java phone with no 3G nor 3.5G network and etisalat?

It depends on area/location sha but I can't recommend it.......................
didn't ask u to buy a nokia X2-01! Just using it as a tool to tell u hw stable a ntwk is ok! The fone did the dwnload! Not my laptop, did'nt even use it as a modem!
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by Phrankin(m): 7:08am On May 04, 2012
L u c i d:
Delete this thread pls! SMH. What's next? Which cell phone is the best to use in Nigeria?
Hehehe, idiot, you sound so helpless. So you would have deleted this thread if you had the power.
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 9:44am On May 04, 2012
I have this for you all:

How to Use Another SIM In Modems That Are Not Unlocked

I shared above here on how to Get A Free Modems Unlocker Software.

But today, a post on how to use another SIM in your modem without unlocking it would be share.

Though many people think it is impossible to use another SIM to browse on a locked modem, but it is possible. Below are steps you need to follow to use your other SIM cards on your modems while you are yet to unlock it.

Steps to Use another ISP SIM in Modems that are not unlocked

1. You need to first download or buy Nokia PC Suite and then install on your PC.

2. Insert any other SIM you wish to use on your modem into the modem and then plug it to your PC USB port.

3. Launch the Nokia PC Suite you installed earlier, then a window will appear with different icons.

4. Click on File on the right corner then click on Connect to the Internet.

5. Another window will appear with a spanner icon, click on the spanner icon and you will be required to select your network operator from the list. But in case your network operator is not among the ones listed, you can go for the second option i.e. Configure the Connection Manually and this will only require your ISP access point. For instance, if you are in Nigeria, below are the APN of some ISP network:

Airtel: internet.ng.zain.com
GLO: gloflat
MTN: web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Etisalat: Etisalat

Note that if you entered a wrong APN it is likely you encounter some difficulties.

6. Now connect to the internet through the Nokia PC Suite.

You must now be connected to the internet if you follow the procedure outlined above carefully. So you can now use another ISP SIM in your modem without any need to unlock it. In case you encounter any difficulties in the course of setting it up, you can drop your comment below.....................
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by eprynce(m): 11:04am On May 04, 2012
you guys don't know jack about these things. For a particular spec of modem, what you get from it will depend on your network of choice. It's as simple as that!

1 Like

Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by mygsmnairacom(m): 11:23am On May 04, 2012
Rating a modem depends on where you stay and the strength of the 3G signal of the GSM provider in your area, therefore it is better to use the term "relatively better" with reference to the area of comparison.

https://www.nairaland.com/923056/smart-ways-reduce-extended-family
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by chimney(m): 11:59am On May 04, 2012
i guess youse avn't tried visafone,it's da bomb
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by BigBenoski(m): 12:02pm On May 04, 2012
drpompay: for me, starcomm izap is the best,especially in areas where starcomms exist. u can do anything and download anything on line. with very few or no interrruption in services. indeed, starcomm is the best, hence mtn, glo modem has become an artefact in my library
star.. Wetin? Mek i hear smtn o! Do u kno hw many izaps i'v got? And did i hear u say 'no interruption'?i'm just tinkn of getn an mtn fastlink(crackd) and all d SIMs. Na me and dem 4 dis country!
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by eyenCalabar(m): 1:05pm On May 04, 2012
Visafone EVDO Technology Modem is relatively better in Cross River/Akwa Ibom.
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by Bossman(m): 5:55pm On May 04, 2012
Any modem with the appropriate frequency will do. Of course, it's better to get an unlocked one so that you can swap sims. When I was there last month, I used an unlocked Sierra wireless modem and it happens to have the 3G bands used there. I experience very satisfactory data speeds with both my MTN and GLO sims. These can be had for cheap at several online stores, including ebay. Shipping to Nigeria may be another story, of course.

http://www.sierrawireless.com/Support/Downloads/AirCard/USB_Modems/AirCard_USB_308.aspx
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by Oluschenco(m): 8:33pm On May 04, 2012
Starcomms
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by Saddam: 10:25pm On May 04, 2012
..For Huawei ZTE modems

Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by fleps(m): 9:42am On May 05, 2012
Wel, after research, i've made a choice which is stil subject to change! A MultiLinks Internet Modem is what best suits me 4 now. Unlimited data usage, 50 hours monthly for 3,400 naira! I tink i can put up with dat! Bt am stil trying to find out the strength of their network (if any sef) in Sapele, Delta state. Thanks people!
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by Gabangel(m): 4:05pm On May 05, 2012
Modems to use depend on the best network in an area, like in the north using MTN or Etisalat modems is a sick thing to do but they are both cheap less than 6k. Then Glo which goes for 10k plus is really good but so is airtel. If you live in Abj, Lag, KD or Ph, Kano or any of the major cities I think is best to stick to Starcomm because of their pricing plan also...anyway, why not use your phone as a modem and let all these modems sellers die of hunger, I mean it really is better

1 Like

Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 05, 2012
I'll say its STARCOMMS if you are in any of this three locations,OYO,OGUN,LAGOS.
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by fleps(m): 10:33pm On May 05, 2012
fleps: Wel, after research, i've made a choice which is stil subject to change! A MultiLinks Internet Modem is what best suits me 4 now. Unlimited data usage, 50 hours monthly for 3,400 naira! I tink i can put up with dat! Bt am stil trying to find out the strength of their network (if any sef) in Sapele, Delta state. Thanks people!
Hmmm! MultiLinks no be am o o! Am going for a normal modem, unlock it, n browse all network wit it! Now between MTN, AIRTEL, ETISALAT, and GLO, plz wich is the cheapest to purchase (nt recharging expenses bt just to buy).
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
fleps:
Hmmm! MultiLinks no be am o o! Am going for a normal modem, unlock it, n browse all network wit it! Now between MTN, AIRTEL, ETISALAT, and GLO, plz wich is the cheapest to purchase (nt recharging expenses bt just to buy).

This idea too is good but other CDMA networks like Multilinks,Visafone,Starcomms,Zoom works perfectly even if it is raining fire.

Another good news now is that with N3,000 only,you can browse and download unlimitedly for a complete 1 month at a complete speed of light.

Care to know?Feel free to reach me on
0 8 0 9 1 8 3 3 8 6 6 for STEP by STEP guide.

Goodluck...
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 4:19pm On Aug 14, 2012
fleps:

This idea too is good but other CDMA networks like Multilinks,Visafone,Starcomms,Zoom works perfectly even if it is raining fire.

Another good news now is that with N3,000 only,you can browse and download unlimitedly for a complete 1 month at a complete speed of light unlike those of GSM that are most time drastically affected by rain or wet weather as in the case of MTN hynet these days.

Care to know?Feel free to reach me on
0 8 0 9 1 8 3 3 8 6 6 for STEP by STEP guide.

Goodluck...
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by NonsoChris(m): 6:10am On Aug 15, 2012
Gabangel: Modems to use depend on the best network in an area, like in the north using MTN or Etisalat modems is a sick thing to do but they are both cheap less than 6k. Then Glo which goes for 10k plus is really good but so is airtel. If you live in Abj, Lag, KD or Ph, Kano or any of the major cities I think is best to stick to Starcomm because of their pricing plan also...anyway, why not use your phone as a modem and let all these modems sellers die of hunger, I mean it really is better
I use my phone as a modem to browse on my pc,but the something dey gulp down my money like a thirsty desert man. It's a nokia simbian phone,and i use etisalat on it. Pls is there any way i can browse using my phone as a modem without losing all the money in my phone or atleast to make it cheaper? Or is there any special subscription for it, or any network that does a special subscription for it? Pls help me if you can,i'm desperate for it,and the thing is so frustrating.
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by eegbule: 8:39pm On Jan 27, 2013
I used etisalat, it sucks embarassed
amosy007: Etisalat 4g... U unlock it and u are good to go... I bought mine around 11500 ... I get 2mb download speed which is abt 16-18mbit/sec
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by Umohdgreat(m): 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
odeexpress:
MULTILINKS IS THE BEST
Is d multilink a modem itself or a service provider?
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by Umohdgreat(m): 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
fleps:

Can i buy universal modem and used it wt either MTN,Glo,Airtel,Etisalat, N even visafone?
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by damola1: 4:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
All you need is here: www.paykobo.com/stayconnected

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Download Season Movies Free Online With IDM. / Etisalat Offers 6 Month Free Internet Subscription / Mtn Data Sme Is Available 1gb@550, 2gb@1000 5gb@2450

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.