Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,989 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie (7834 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar / Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by mukina2: 1:42pm On May 02, 2012

Top Nollywood actress, Genevieve Nnaji has been selected to feature in the big screen adaptation of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s novel Half of a yellow sun.

Genevieve will be joined by other stars such as Chiwetel Ejiofor, Dominic Cooper, Anika Noni Rose and Thandie Newton in the eagerly anticipated film.

According to her publicist, the actress cum singer will play the role of Ms Adebayo, a professor who develops a flirtatious relationship with her colleague Mr Odenigbo (Ejiofor).

Half of a Yellow Sun will be produced by British Academy of Film and Television Arts, BAFTA, winning producer, Andrea Calderwood and directed by Biyi Bandele.

Chimamanda’s half of a yellow sun novel centers on the Nigerian civil war and was published in 2006.
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/05/02/genevieve-nnaji-to-starr-in-chimamanda-adichies-half-of-a-yellow-sun-movie/
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by iykay4455(m): 1:52pm On May 02, 2012
Nice one.She is moving up gradually
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by blabber15(f): 1:56pm On May 02, 2012
I hope that she will play the role well. It would be very unfortunate if that great storyline was ruined by poor acting.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by niceone3(m): 2:03pm On May 02, 2012
blabber15: I hope that she will play the role well. It would be very unfortunate if that great storyline was ruined by poor acting.
u'r truely rep ur name

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 02, 2012
Actress precipitate singer?
What is wrong with the word c(u)m?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:15pm On May 02, 2012
Lets face it; genevieve is an average actor and she doesnt have the depth nor schooling to pull such HOLLYWOOD role off! She better go and start a thorough research so she doesnt embarrass Nigeria. She will be coming up with a fine nollywood star in the person of Chiwetel Ejioffor ! Nigerian education system is in the toilets!! Graduates cant even articulate themselves, convincingly ! Its a SHAME! This country has nothing to be proud of! All their great minds were schooled abroad!

3 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by Lushka(m): 2:18pm On May 02, 2012
And then. Mttchwwwwwww
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by xzit(m): 2:25pm On May 02, 2012
blabber15: I hope that she will play the role well. It would be very unfortunate if that great storyline was ruined by poor acting.

Fortunately, the role she'll be playing is a very minor one in the movie. She not expected to be seen more than a few times...so no worries.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 02, 2012
careytommy: Actress precipitate singer?
_
C(u)m is also used for se[me]n! That's why our over-lord and master Seun banned the use of the word!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by HerRoyalSexy(f): 2:45pm On May 02, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] Great novel! Really can't wait to see the movie.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by yommy2sure(m): 2:47pm On May 02, 2012
no black belle..go genny!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by MmuoOkija: 3:03pm On May 02, 2012
careytommy: Actress precipitate singer?

Hmmm. . .

Let me say "Oh Baby! I'm c(u)mming"

Oh baby, I'm cumming. . . . I'm cumming inside you.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by MmuoOkija: 3:03pm On May 02, 2012
^^^ How dissapointing!! I thot th bot would also edit cumming. Bummer

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by macob(m): 3:19pm On May 02, 2012
NRI PRIEST: Lets face it; genevieve is an average actor and she doesnt have the depth nor schooling to pull such HOLLYWOOD role off! She better go and start a thorough research so she doesnt embarrass Nigeria. She will be coming up with a fine nollywood star in the person of Chiwetel Ejioffor ! Nigerian education system is in the toilets!! Graduates cant even articulate themselves, convincingly ! Its a SHAME! This country has nothing to be proud of! All their great minds were schooled abroad!
you are talking rubbish man! come to Naija and see d myriad of talents here. Gene is good and can represent Naija anywia in d world. dont be ridiculous man! if u r not proud of dis country, u can change, i dont tink we even need u here. stop being pessimistic about us. we can get there, we'll get there.

4 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by mamagee3(f): 3:23pm On May 02, 2012
Genevieve is an african star!!!

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by MmuoOkija: 3:43pm On May 02, 2012
macob: you are talking rubbish man! come to Naija and see d myriad of talents here. Gene is good and can represent Naija anywia in d world. dont be ridiculous man! if u r not proud of dis country, u can change, i dont tink we even need u here. stop being pessimistic about us. we can get there, we'll get there.

Dude, sadly, Genevieve is not fit for even a b-rated hollywood movie let alone being on a box-office movie. No Nigerian actor/actress is of that pedigree (IMO).

All they can do are short films at best.

I also hope she can pull this movie off. In hollywood, actors/resses have to go and carry out a research on the character they will be playing, learn speech patterns, mannerisms and alot more in other to be able to pull off the character as close to the real thing as possible. Case in point was The mandela movie with Morgan freeman (Invictus) and the Idi Amin movie with Forrest Wittaker (Last King of scotland).

I hope say she is not depending on her weak arse generic UK/US phone to pull off this movie.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by andyprez(m): 3:55pm On May 02, 2012
Love this site a lot. Do come here a lot to visit & see some ridiculous posts by some pessimists e.g. Blabber 15 & NRI PRIEST (no offense). If you don't like someone, the best you can do for yourselves is to remain anonymous & not just come here & embarrass yourselves.

Back to the topic, I so love this lady & I'm happy for her. Can't wait for it to get out in the cinemas & watch her make out with Ejiofor

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:00pm On May 02, 2012
macob: you are talking rubbish man! come to Naija and see d myriad of talents here. Gene is good and can represent Naija anywia in d world. dont be ridiculous man! if u r not proud of dis country, u can change, i dont tink we even need u here. stop being pessimistic about us. we can get there, we'll get there.

Bros, I love my country die repete,however, when you think about the greatness of the ills that goes on in that country every second you will instantly get frustrated and give up! My younger sister scored 248 cut off on her jamb with near distinction on her o'level result and she was going for medicine and choosed Nnamdi azikiwe uni. as first choice but she was frustrated out!! She was asked to bring a million naira before she is admitted!! And these are the same professors who are supposeed to imbibe professionalism and ethics in their students! Another one; my chic in Nigeria graduated with 2.1 in economics at UNN and you know how tough it is to get that there and she went job hunting BUT every office that found her qualified wants tho F.U.CK her before she gets hired !! That is Nigeria for you !! CURSED PEOPLE !!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:03pm On May 02, 2012
Mmuo Okija:

Dude, sadly, Genevieve is not fit for even a b-rated hollywood movie let alone being on a box-office movie. No Nigerian actor/actress is of that pedigree (IMO).

All they can do are short films at best.

I also hope she can pull this movie off. In hollywood, actors/resses have to go and carry out a research on the character they will be playing, learn speech patterns, mannerisms and alot more in other to be able to pull off the character as close to the real thing as possible. Case in point was The mandela movie with Morgan freeman (Invictus) and the Idi Amin movie with Forrest Wittaker (Last King of scotland).

I hope say she is not depending on her weak arse generic UK/US phone to pull off this movie.

Nwanne, ikwusigo ! You are a frea.king SAGE !! Nigerians are the scum of the earth where everything goes !
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by Limaoscar: 4:19pm On May 02, 2012
I hope that she will play the role well. It would be very unfortunate if that great storyline was ruined by poor acting.

She is a lot better actress than you know.If She was in Hollywood,you'd be worshipping the very ground she walks on!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by Limaoscar: 4:22pm On May 02, 2012
Lets face it; genevieve is an average actor and she doesnt have the depth nor schooling to pull such HOLLYWOOD role off! She better go and start a thorough research so she doesnt embarrass Nigeria. She will be coming up with a fine nollywood star in the person of Chiwetel Ejioffor ! Nigerian education system is in the toilets!! Graduates cant even articulate themselves, convincingly ! Its a SHAME! This country has nothing to be proud of! All their great minds were schooled abroad!

Dude, You already lied by saying Chiwetel Ejioffor is a nollywood star....how do you expect me to read any other crap you type out on this subject...huh
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:31pm On May 02, 2012
Limaoscar:

Dude, You already lied by saying Chiwetel Ejioffor is a nollywood star....how do you expect me to read any other crap you type out on this subject...huh

I am very sure you know that was a typo. And am surprised that was the only part in all my post you were able to read! Wow, naija ppl you guys are soooo blind!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by Afam4eva(m): 4:33pm On May 02, 2012
This is goood for Nollywood. I'm sure Genevieve will not disappoint.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by anaqueenbee(f): 4:42pm On May 02, 2012
Congratulations to the beautiful Genevieve. She was featured in the top 20 beauty icons post below.

http://anaqueenbee..co.uk/2012/04/top-20-beauty-icons-part-1.html
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:56pm On May 02, 2012
afam4eva: This is goood for Nollywood. I'm sure Genevieve will not disappoint.

Nop,this is a HOLLYWOOD class movie! Genevieve is not in that class and will never be because she lacks such orientation and training!

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by Afam4eva(m): 5:02pm On May 02, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Nop,this is a HOLLYWOOD class movie! Genevieve is not in that class and will never be because she lacks such orientation and training!
Are you saying this as someone who has orientation and training? You're not better than the people who picked her for the role considering the fact that they must have seen her work. So, they know she's capable. We musn't look down at anything Nigerian just to score some cheap points biko.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by MmuoOkija: 5:35pm On May 02, 2012
afam4eva:
Are you saying this as someone who has orientation and training? You're not better than the people who picked her for the role considering the fact that they must have seen her work. So, they know she's capable. We musn't look down at anything Nigerian just to score some cheap points biko.

She was prolly picked for the role on the insistence of Chiamanda Adchie. . Last I heard they were looking at Thandie Newton to play the part that has prolly been given to Genevieve.

I hope we dont use local content to kill a promising movie adaption of a classic book.

I would be disappointed if this movie dosent make it ateast into the french film festival.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:39pm On May 02, 2012
afam4eva:

Come on dude, am not here to score any cheap point but we must call a spade what it is. Am sure you watch hollywood and nollywood movies alike and you will not swear genny has what it takes to break into the industry. Stephnie Okereke went for an audition in new york after she graduated from a film school in california and they asked her if she has ever acted before and she said she has been in over 100 movies and they started laughing and asked what age was ? Dude, 90% of nigerian actors/actresses cant even speak a clear,free flowing english because our schools are like a shiit dump where they raise block heads!
Ghanian actresses are way better than what 150 million Nigerians can produce. Nigeria doesnt have the institution to produce top class actors like Ghana talk more of frea.king AMERICA! The only thing we nigerians do best is bribery,corruption,stealing,pushing drugs,defrauding the American healthcare system and nothing more! Nigeria is a VERY WICKED NATION that must keep surfering until who knows.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by Afam4eva(m): 5:42pm On May 02, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Come on dude, am not here to score any cheap point but we must call a spade what it is. Am sure you watch hollywood and nollywood movies alike and you will not swear genny has what it takes to break into the industry. Stephnie Okereke went for an audition in new york after she graduated from a film school in california and they asked her if she has ever acted before and she said she has been in over 100 movies and they started laughing and asked what age was ? Dude, 90% of nigerian actors/actresses cant even speak a clear,free flowing english because our schools are like a shiit dump where they raise block heads!
Ghanian actresses are way better than what 150 million Nigerians can produce. Nigeria doesnt have the institution to produce top class actors like Ghana talk more of frea.king AMERICA! The only thing we nigerians do best is bribery,corruption,stealing,pushing drugs,defrauding the American healthcare system and nothing more! Nigeria is a VERY WICKED NATION that must keep surfering until who knows.
The bolded is where the problem lie. You equate speaking good english with being a good actor? Dude, tell me something else. How come the english deficient latinos in hollywood are making it and an igbo lady, Genevieve cannot make in a movie set in Igbo Nigeria.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:46pm On May 02, 2012
Mmuo Okija:

She was prolly picked for the role on the insistence of Chiamanda Adchie. . Last I heard they were looking at Thandie Newton to play the part that has prolly been given to Genevieve.

I hope we dont use local content to kill a promising movie adaption of a classic book.

I would be disappointed if this movie dosent make it ateast into the french film festival.

GBAM AND KPOMKWEM !
Gennevieve doesnt have a good control of english language. So,if she is already struggling to express her self in a cheaply made naija movie i wonder what will happen when HOLLYWOOD machines hit the ground. She better hit the research room NOW !
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 02, 2012
Mmuo Okija:

Hmmm. . .

Let me say "Oh Baby! I'm c(u)mming"

Oh baby, I'm cumming. . . . I'm cumming inside you.
Hahaha, Oki you no well.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:06pm On May 02, 2012
afam4eva:
The bolded is where the problem lie. You equate speaking good english with being a good actor? Dude, tell me something else. How come the english deficient latinos in hollywood are making it and an igbo lady, Genevieve cannot make in a movie set in Igbo Nigeria.

But you have to understand that those people you call"english deficient" are also Americans who schooled there but went to a lower standard school which is still better than what you have in Nigeria and they grew up into a certain standard of film and are familiar with a good work. Now, bring that LATINO to nigeria and cast them in a movie directed by Tchidi Chikere and lets see how well they do.lol. My point is that we need to put our house in other firstly before aspiring to be like the Americans. Our education system is rubbish and we will never produce world class technocrats with the dustbin we have today as schools! This country is hopeless and wicked !!

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Avatar Series Available For Download On Torrent Websites / Sesame Street Makes Its Debut On Nta / What Nollywood Films Are Known For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.