Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie (7838 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar / Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by Afam4eva(m): 6:12pm On May 02, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

But you have to understand that those people you call"english deficient" are also Americans who schooled there but went to a lower standard school which is still better than what you have in Nigeria and they grew up into a certain standard of film and are familiar with a good work. Now, bring that LATINO to nigeria and cast them in a movie directed by Tchidi Chikere and lets see how well they do.lol. My point is that we need to put our house in other firstly before aspiring to be like the Americans. Our education system is rubbish and we will never produce world class technocrats with the dustbin we have today as schools! This country is hopeless and wicked !!
The people i'm talking about did not grow up in America. take Antonio Banderas and Penelope cruz for example, their english could at best be reffered to as "mediocre" but they're still making it in hollywood. Mind you genevieve will be acting as a Nigerian in this movie and not an American. I agree that it won't be an easy move for genevieve just like it wasn't for those people i mentioned but she will have to do some research and everything will be fine. let's cut our people some slack biko.

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by kunlefox(m): 6:32pm On May 02, 2012
Seriously,this chic's acting is average and i think she's pretty much overrated...My mum's her biggest fan so sometimes i get to watch some of her works..and unfortunately i don't see anything to match the hype she gets..yeah her fans may argue that she ain't working with the right material(script,director) but a great act will shine through even in some subpar material..now she's got a very good material to work with,and i'll advise her to start researching,get into the character...prove herself as the international superstar(not local champion)they claim she is..
Btw i ain't hating,i love her...she's hot
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by semid4lyfe(m): 10:03pm On May 02, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Come on dude, am not here to score any cheap point but we must call a spade what it is. Am sure you watch hollywood and nollywood movies alike and you will not swear genny has what it takes to break into the industry. Stephnie Okereke went for an audition in new york after she graduated from a film school in california and they asked her if she has ever acted before and she said she has been in over 100 movies and they started laughing and asked what age was ? Dude, 90% of nigerian actors/actresses cant even speak a clear,free flowing english because our schools are like a shiit dump where they raise block heads!
Ghanian actresses are way better than what 150 million Nigerians can produce. Nigeria doesnt have the institution to produce top class actors like Ghana talk more of frea.king AMERICA! The only thing we nigerians do best is bribery,corruption,stealing,pushing drugs,defrauding the American healthcare system and nothing more! Nigeria is a VERY WICKED NATION that must keep surfering until who knows.

Was reading your post until I got to the part in bold and I stopped cos it's pure bullocks.

But then again. . .what's to be expected from someone who by his own admission is very bitter & frustrated and thinks Chinwetel Ejiofor is a Nollywood star.

Nevertheless, I agree Genny is not that good an actress but with some research on her part and a good director she'll do fine.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by Limaoscar: 10:59pm On May 02, 2012
I am very sure you know that was a typo. And am surprised that was the only part in all my post you were able to read! Wow, naija ppl you guys are soooo blind!

DevilNRI Priest. You call me blind because I told u you're not as good as you think?

I'm not here to brag, you don't even know me. I make typos regularly but when eediots like you come here to lie after insulting our Country in makes me Sick.Quit thinking you are something, when you're nothing but a joke 'kay?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by Nobody: 12:21am On May 03, 2012
NEXT . . .!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:36am On May 03, 2012
Limaoscar:

DevilNRI Priest. You call me blind because I told u you're not as good as you think?

I'm not here to brag, you don't even know me. I make typos regularly but when eediots like you come here to lie after insulting our Country in makes me Sick.Quit thinking you are something, when you're nothing but a joke 'kay?

I am not a boastful person,hommie. You dont even know me ! I call nigerians "blind" cos they will never tackle the problems facing them,rather,they will resort to senseless bickerings that will never solve any problem just like you are doing! Face the real problem and we can discuss ur name calling later. Agbaya!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by Trimia(f): 12:42am On May 03, 2012
NRI PRIEST: Lets face it; genevieve is an average actor and she doesnt have the depth nor schooling to pull such HOLLYWOOD role off! She better go and start a thorough research so she doesnt embarrass Nigeria. She will be coming up with a fine nollywood star in the person of Chiwetel Ejioffor ! Nigerian education system is in the toilets!! Graduates cant even articulate themselves, convincingly ! Its a SHAME! This country has nothing to be proud of! All their great minds were schooled abroad!
are you an idiot, who says this country has nothing to be proud of. Its fools like you that makes me ashamed to be a nigerian
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by Nobody: 12:51am On May 03, 2012
Trimia: are you an idiot, who says this country has nothing to be proud of. Its fools like you that makes me ashamed to be a nigerian
One can only be proud of something worth being proud of.Not substandard that will only makes one looks silly and non-sophisticated.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:56am On May 03, 2012
Trimia: are you an idiot, who says this country has nothing to be proud of. Its fools like you that makes me ashamed to be a nigerian

Sorry if i sound too harsh but is there anything about nigeria that gives you hope nor joy ? Look at our education system where you must pay a million naira before you gain admission,where a manager must f.u.ck you (if you are attractive) before tney hire you ! The worst you can do as a nigeria is to pretend like these are not happening just because you are probably living comfortable today. Have you ever thought what life is life for families who live in the IJORA OLOPA,AJEGUNLE and such places like that ? RONU!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 03, 2012
@Nri Priest,what has the various ills of Nigeria got to do with genevieve featuring in half of a yellow sun.All yout got is talk and nothing.if you feel so bad why don't come and fix Nigerian Problem.I am very sure you have never done anything in your life to help Nigeria excep talk.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie by omar22(m): 8:03pm On May 03, 2012
I also hope she can pull this movie off

Really!!!!!!

She is not playing a leading role, she is not playing a supporting role either more like a cameo role that they could easily cut out during the finishing! if they are not happy with her acting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sesame Street Makes Its Debut On Nta / The BENJAMINS...thriller (NB: +18 above acclaimed soft P*O*R*N !! / What Nollywood Films Are Known For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.