Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) (23116 Views)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Graduate Trainee / Massive Graduate Trainee Programme Recruitment At Diageo Nigeria- Guiness Unit / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by cybercool: 11:42am On Nov 12, 2007
Hello Nairalanders,

just want to find out your opinion about the DPR graduate trainee offer for which letters were sent out a few weeks back. The offer letter states the annual salary at about 1.6million but mentions that other benefits are available. Does anyone know exactly what those benefits may include?

About the organization itself, with all the restructuring going on in the oil and gas sector, do you forsee any threats to job security for new joiners? Historically such exercises lead to Job cuts,

Finally I have been trying to do some research about what the work environment is like?I have gotten very varied responses. Some say its basically a ministry civil servant job with a lot of lazing around, bureaucracy, corruption, politics etc.

Others say its an OK place to work with some training opportunities etc. i hear most of their workers are seconded to other oil and gas firms etc.

I work in a professional services firm and had dismissed the offer until i started hearing some of the positives. Now am still tinkering because there is still some time before i have to make the final decision (January 8th?).

So lets hear what you know about DPR- pay,work environment,professional development,etc
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by agbonax(m): 12:58pm On Nov 13, 2007
Pls dont even tink 2wice abt it, Jump and take the offer, i promise u'll call me in yrs tankin me well well. God luck man ,

2 Likes

Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by gentletos: 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2007
DPR - Department of Petroleum Resources is a department in NNPC, so don't let anybody deceive you, I had been in the industry and i think i know few things about them. Just go and resume work, you may soon find ur self in one of our PPMC going home daily with big cash, bigger than bankers, just kiddin but that's the truth,

cheers,

1 Like

Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by awa(m): 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2007
Actually you didn't mention the nature of your current pay-pack from what you are doing at the moment but from the tune of your posting is obvious that you are quite okay. But from all angles, I guess it will be nice for you to take up the offer and perhaps believe God for the best that will come out of it. You must ask God for the way out in a situation like this.
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by cosby(m): 2:21pm On Nov 13, 2007
jump into it,please do connect me too, abeg, i have been looking for that opportunity.
thanks . my company works for DPR.
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by obumslow: 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2007
How can I apply pls

1 Like

Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by buyaka(m): 5:56am On Nov 14, 2007
Oboy nor Bleep up oooooooo! i think DPR is one of the best organisation to work in this country. guy, if you are working in any oil servicing firm, you better quit that job for DPR. because of job security and other benefit you said have not been mentioned to you. but if you work in an oil production company maybe you can compromise.
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by A2b(m): 12:23pm On Nov 14, 2007
am interested pls how can i apply
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by cybercool: 8:32am On Nov 15, 2007
Hello Guys,
Thanks for your replies. Actually i applied for the job in 2006 when the ad came out in the newspapers. in fact we wrote the test on the same day as those that wrote NNPC. However while the successful NNPC guys resumed in January 2007, DPR is just calling us to resume January 2008 which is almost a year later. I had totally given up hope on the whole process because we were hearing that intense lobbying was causing the delay. meanwhile i have worked in a bank, and now in one of the big four accounting firms. While i studied an engineering course i have spent most of this year in the financial and professional services sector and was actually contemplating a total career change, (writing ACCA and all) when this offer came.

Its looking likely that i will take up the offer but you never can tell.

I know that they recruit every year so for those of you guys interested just watch out for the advert in the papers and if i am there and in a position to help, i'll do my best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by lovelynk(f): 10:18am On Nov 15, 2007
congrats.
You are such a good person to have mad this offer.The Lord will surely bless in your new career and u will have a story to tell.
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by myluck: 11:12am On Nov 15, 2007
THE TRUTH IS THAT THE 1.6 IS JUST WRITTEN ON THE OFFER LETTER BUT THE BASIC SALARY  IS TWICE THE AMOUNT WHICH IS 3.2 AND IF U ARE POSTED  OUTSIDE LAGOS,MAYBE WARRI OR SO,YOU WOULD BE PAID AN EXTRA 1.8 FOR HOUSING WHICH TOTALLY AMOUNTS TO 5.0. REMEBER YOU HAVE NOT YET BEEN CONFIRMED YET BECAUSE WITH CONFIRMATION,YOUR PAY WOULD BE INCREASED.  DONT LET GOD GET ANGRY WITH U AND WITHDRAW THAT JOB FROM U. ANYWAY THIS IS THE BEST I CAN OFFER U. THE DECISION IS URS TO MAKE.BYE. BE WISE!!!

1 Like

Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by myluck: 11:19am On Nov 15, 2007
DONT LET PEOPLE DECEIVE YOU.DPR IS ONE OF THE BEST PLACES U CAN WORK UNLESS U HAVE GOT A JOB WITH SHELL OR CHEVRON IF NOT JUMP AT THE OFFER BECAUSE I HEAR THEY ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH AND MIGHT SOON STOP RECEIVING ACCEPTANCE SO BETTER ACCEPT AND RETURN TO THEM B4 U LIVE ALL UR LIFE IN REGRETS.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][/b][b]5 MLLION IS NOT A JOKE FOR JUST AN ENTRY LEVEL JOB!
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by bujuas: 12:09pm On Nov 15, 2007
PLS INCASE IF THEY ARE ADVERTISING AGAIN THIS IS MY E MAIL ADDRESS ifyance@yahoo.com
CALL ME THROUGH 08034085570

THANKS.
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by kunleyf: 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2007
congrat. please forward DRP's contact to kunleyf@yahoo.com
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by saknel: 5:14pm On Nov 15, 2007
hi, myluck, pls where did u get the info dt the total package for DPR is 3.2m p.a, cos i also got an offer from dem and they only wrote 1.6on d letter,

2 Likes

Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by Miketomi: 5:22pm On Nov 15, 2007
Cybercool for the fact that you are an engineeer by training.
The DPR offer is worth it.
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by ymy: 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2007
hey guys when did the recruitment took place?

i am very happy for you. its place better than NNPC. i know what am saying.

I am happy for you.

Cheers!
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by myluck: 5:41pm On Nov 15, 2007
Hi saknel, like I said,on paper,it is 1.6 but u will actually have 3.2.Have u gone to their office in Lagos here,u can go and confirm .I have a very authentic source.
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by cybercool: 7:38pm On Nov 15, 2007
Howdy Myluck

Can you hook us up with this your authentic source? you know quite a lot about DPR and thanks a lot for putting things in perspective. Did you also get the offer?
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by kenkels: 10:50pm On Jul 18, 2015
DPR I'm coming for you guys
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 4:23am On Jul 19, 2015
kenkels:
DPR I'm coming for you guys
I'm coming along with you! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by Yeahreen(m): 10:13pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hello guys, pls who has information on how I can apply for an entry level position wit DPR. Thank you.
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by jony247(m): 10:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
I call this favour. may my testimony come soon
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by Bootog(m): 11:37am On Oct 31, 2016
I am applying for the job in 206, what do you think about working in dpr knowing that you likely took the job
cybercool:
Hello Nairalanders,

just want to find out your opinion about the DPR graduate trainee offer for which letters were sent out a few weeks back. The offer letter states the annual salary at about 1.6million but mentions that other benefits are available. Does anyone know exactly what those benefits may include?

About the organization itself, with all the restructuring going on in the oil and gas sector, do you forsee any threats to job security for new joiners? Historically such exercises lead to Job cuts,

Finally I have been trying to do some research about what the work environment is like?I have gotten very varied responses. Some say its basically a ministry civil servant job with a lot of lazing around, bureaucracy, corruption, politics etc.

Others say its an OK place to work with some training opportunities etc. i hear most of their workers are seconded to other oil and gas firms etc.

I work in a professional services firm and had dismissed the offer until i started hearing some of the positives. Now am still tinkering because there is still some time before i have to make the final decision (January 8th?).

So lets hear what you know about DPR- pay,work environment,professional development,etc

Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by pingjosh(m): 11:13pm On Jul 13, 2017
Can anyone help explain this email I received

1 Share

Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by chynaeb2(m): 11:57am On Jul 14, 2017
wow 1970 ke!

1 Like

Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 15, 2017
cybercool:
Hello Nairalanders,

boss did you eventually accept the DPR job? please how long did it take them to contact you after writing the exams and how long did it take for you to resume after your interview? I really need your answers bro
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 15, 2017
myluck:
THE TRUTH IS THAT THE 1.6 IS JUST WRITTEN ON THE OFFER LETTER BUT THE BASIC SALARY  IS TWICE THE AMOUNT WHICH IS 3.2 AND IF U ARE POSTED  OUTSIDE LAGOS,MAYBE WARRI OR SO,YOU WOULD BE PAID AN EXTRA 1.8 FOR HOUSING WHICH TOTALLY AMOUNTS TO 5.0. REMEBER YOU HAVE NOT YET BEEN CONFIRMED YET BECAUSE WITH CONFIRMATION,YOUR PAY WOULD BE INCREASED.  DONT LET GOD GET ANGRY WITH U AND WITHDRAW THAT JOB FROM U. ANYWAY THIS IS THE BEST I CAN OFFER U. THE DECISION IS URS TO MAKE.BYE. BE WISE!!!

boss, please how long do you think it'll take DPR to conclude their recruitment exercise. they're already calling for exams. some persons are insinuating 2months. Please bro, kindly reply.
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by Abujafirstson(m): 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2018
Good afternoon anybody in the house?
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by Owiebright: 12:08am On Jan 29, 2019
Pls house will nnpc recruit graduate trainees this year

1 Like

Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by Anuolufemi7: 3:51pm On Apr 16, 2021
Pls @cybercool and @myluck is there any form of recruitment going on in Dpr presently. I will like to apply. Thanks
Re: The Dpr Offer (graduate trainee) by Walybounce: 7:21pm On Jun 17, 2021
cybercool:
Hello Nairalanders,

Good day Sir, please i will love to have a discussion with you if it is ok Sir.
Can i send you a pm?

(1) (Reply)

I Got My First N-POWER Alert After Seven Months (pics) / Reasons Why Your CV Doesn't Get You A Job Interview Or Responses From Hr's / Olowogbogboro Gave Me A Job!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.