Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,907 members, 7,802,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Noise Pollution In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Noise Pollution In Nigeria (1528 Views)

Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? / Fashola, Clerics To Tackle Noise Pollution In Lagos / Cleanup Of Oil Pollution In Ogoniland Will Cost $1Billion And Take 30 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Noise Pollution In Nigeria by kodewrita(m): 8:42am On May 03, 2012
Is there a legal way to prosecute people for noise pollution in Nigeria? I recall growing up and getting pissed because the church in front of my house would keep clapping and blaring noise till midnight only for us to be awakened by an envious mullah in my street who saw the morning as his own chance to avenge the late night church escapades.

Fast forward a few years and very recently a bunch of drunk guys in my neighbourhood decide to console themselves by blasting music and dancing half naked till very late.

Lawyers in the house, is there no way to punish such behaviour? Note this is outside lagos. I know lagos recently created something similar.

All I need is some loophole that could be used in this case to set some kind of useful precedent.

Nigerians need to be more considerate.
Re: Noise Pollution In Nigeria by antartica(m): 9:10am On May 03, 2012
Havent talk of orgarnic waste and toxic pollutions that are killing thousands of nigerians annually,especially children and u are bothering with noise.

First thing first,amigo.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Five Year Economic Blue Print To Develop South Africa / Why Are Kidnappers Difficult To Catch? / Nigeria Failing Woefully In Its Pledge To Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.