Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,850 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria (15761 Views)

Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why / Please How And Were Can I Buy Goods In Bulk From Wholesalers In Lagos And Aba / How Do I Shop In Usa And Receive Goods In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by kid7soccer(m): 8:58am On May 03, 2012
hi nairalanders, please am thinking of going to Ghana to buy goods which i intend to sell in Nigeria. Please I will like to know if buying goods in ghana is cheaper to nigeria, goods like men & women T-shirts, shoes, pollow, warpper, Ghana farbics, gold, Ghana kente etc. Please i will be grateful if anyone can help me wit the cost or price of this goods and were i can buy them in Ghana at a cheap rate. Thanks for support, God bless

2 Likes

Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by arramyjay: 10:28am On May 03, 2012
kid7soccer: hi nairalanders, please am thinking of going to Ghana to buy goods which i intend to sell in Nigeria. Please I will like to know if buying goods in ghana is cheaper to nigeria, goods like men & women T-shirts, shoes, pollow, warpper, Ghana farbics, gold, Ghana kente etc. Please i will be grateful if anyone can help me wit the cost or price of this goods and were i can buy them in Ghana at a cheap rate. Thanks for support, God bless

Hi, somethings are cheaper in ghana than in nigeria,

Men and Women shirts= frm 20cedis abv,

Shoes for women= from 15cedis abv

Ghana fabrics = frm 20 cedis abv.
All this u can get frm mokola market(accra) or accra market.
Gold u can get cheaper at kumasi.
15cedis = 1500naira.

20 cedis =2000naira.

It all depends on d quality of what you want to buy,if u know what u want then u dnt hv any probs.

2 Likes

Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by kid7soccer(m): 10:54am On May 03, 2012
arramyjay:

Hi, somethings are cheaper in ghana than in nigeria,

Men and Women shirts= frm 20cedis abv,

Shoes for women= from 15cedis abv

Ghana fabrics = frm 20 cedis abv.
All this u can get frm mokola market(accra) or accra market.
Gold u can get cheaper at kumasi.
15cedis = 1500naira.

20 cedis =2000naira.

It all depends on d quality of what you want to buy,if u know what u want then u dnt hv any probs.
Thank alot, am grateful.
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by kid7soccer(m): 5:13pm On May 09, 2012
am in ghana now when am back ill make a post about my experience. thanks for your surpport

1 Like

Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by cantiride2: 5:23pm On May 09, 2012
Hi please can you help me find out the prices of gold in Ghana and How much does a gram go for thanks.You can email me on Cantiride2001@yahoo.com I will be so grateful
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by kid7soccer(m): 8:57pm On May 14, 2012
Hi guys am just back. in Ghana somethings are cheap, very cheap. I got some hand bags dat might cost over 5k to 6k at 1k. I got 12yard of good warraper fabric at 3.5k, 12yard of ghana kente 3.5k. T shirts are pretty expensive (lagos cheaper sha). anyway it was fun i shop at accra market, men d hushing tire me. Am sori I didnt buy Gold, i don't really no d price use d price give above. Later
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by Nobody: 2:06am On May 15, 2012
kid7soccer: Hi guys am just back. in Ghana somethings are cheap, very cheap. I got some hand bags dat might cost over 5k to 6k at 1k. I got 12yard of good warraper fabric at 3.5k, 12yard of ghana kente 3.5k. T shirts are pretty expensive (lagos cheaper sha). anyway it was fun i shop at accra market, men d hushing tire me. Am sori I didnt buy Gold, i don't really no d price use d price give above. Later

If you need clothing items like polos, T-Shirts, undershirts, boxers, ladies underwears, singlets, bra, towels made by Ralph Lauren, Hanes, and Champion, I have them from the U.S. I have all in bulk and brand new (large quantity/ bales).

Contact 07030061738 or 08055201823.
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by kid7soccer(m): 2:28am On May 15, 2012
payless:

If you need clothing items like polos, T-Shirts, undershirts, boxers, ladies underwears, singlets, bra, towels made by Ralph Lauren, Hanes, and Champion, I have them from the U.S. I have all in bulk and brand new (large quantity/ bales).

Contact 07030061738 or 08055201823.
thanks man, when i need them i wil hala u.
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by byvan03: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2016
OP did you eventually shopped in Ghana, what was it like?
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by kid7soccer(m): 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2016
byvan03:
OP did you eventually shopped in Ghana, what was it like?
it was nice and profitable. But have not been there since the foreign exchange crisis, but my friend over said things has gone up a bit but i think it till profitable cause labour is far cheaper in ghana than nigeria. Am trying to fine time to go there but, am considering how to exploit the nigeria market by looking out for are local product. Till ghana is a steping stone for business, from there you can go to dubai and then china. But if you want to go for holiday in ghana, ABC transport will help you get there by road, i go by road it so much fun, you will meet people of different classes, you get to experience of africa, the sea shore, the grass lands and the people you meet and countries you will pass through. For flight wakanow or flybat will help you get cheaper flight and hotels.
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by byvan03: 3:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
kid7soccer:
it was nice and profitable. But have not been there since the foreign exchange crisis, but my friend over said things has gone up a bit but i think it till profitable cause labour is far cheaper in ghana than nigeria. Am trying to fine time to go there but, am considering how to exploit the nigeria market by looking out for are local product. Till ghana is a steping stone for business, from there you can go to dubai and then china. But if you want to go for holiday in ghana, ABC transport will help you get there by road, i go by road it so much fun, you will meet people of different classes, you get to experience of africa, the sea shore, the grass lands and the people you meet and countries you will pass through. For flight wakanow or flybat will help you get cheaper flight and hotels.

Thanks for the update. Travelling for fun is the last thing on my mind for now, for business is cool for me. What type of goods are you sourcing for locally?
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:28pm On Aug 28, 2016
kid7soccer:

Please I need to know if international passport is needed to travel to Ghana by road? Thanks
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by kid7soccer(m): 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2016
byvan03:

Thanks for the update. Travelling for fun is the last thing on my mind for now, for business is cool for me. What type of goods are you sourcing for locally?
Am deeply in search of nigerian quality material wear like Adire etc, i bought one for myself in 2014 from a friend it was beautiful and i still wear it till now. I think it be good for business cause people have been asking me to bring it. If i no were to buy it in bulk am sure to make profit from it
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by kid7soccer(m): 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2016
byvan03:

Am deeply in search of nigerian quality material wear like Adire etc, i bought one for myself in 2014 from a friend it was beautiful and i still wear it till now. I think it be good for business cause people have been asking me to bring it. If i no were to buy it in bulk, am sure to make profit from it.
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by kid7soccer(m): 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

Please I need to know if international passport is needed to travel to Ghana by road? Thanks
Yes dear it important to have a passport cause you will need an entry visa from each country you pass through and incase of any problem in the country, you can confirm your identity at any nigerian embassy and receive the support you need. A nigerian passport is around 15k to 20k above depending on the pages you need.

1 Like

Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2016
kid7soccer:
Yes dear it important to have a passport cause you will need an entry visa from each country you pass through and incase of any problem in the country, you can confirm your identity at any nigerian embassy and receive the support you need. A nigerian passport is around 15k to 20k above depending on the pages you need.

Thank you very much for this piece of information.
I'm very grateful.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by kid7soccer(m): 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

Thank you very much for this piece of information. I'm very grateful. Thanks again.
your welcome dear
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by kid7soccer(m): 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

Thank you very much for this piece of information. I'm very grateful. Thanks again.
your welcome dear
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by Curtiss1000: 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2016
Pls kente 3.5k? Unless is Togo made, original Ghanaian kente goes for 9-12 cedis a yard. If we go with recent exchange rate, 1 cedi is almost 100 naira. So calculating it will give you 1k or 1.2k a yard. Trust me the original is worth it. My neighbours and family can testify.
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by byvan03: 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
kid7soccer:
Am deeply in search of nigerian quality material wear like Adire etc, i bought one for myself in 2014 from a friend it was beautiful and i still wear it till now. I think it be good for business cause people have been asking me to bring it. If i no were to buy it in bulk am sure to make profit from it
p

I tried sourcing for materials but the quality of materials I saw were nothing to write home about. I took a sample of Dutch wax I bought years ago but saw nothing like it's quality. If you finally make a headway, don't forget to update.
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by kid7soccer(m): 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2016
byvan03:
p

I tried sourcing for materials but the quality of materials I saw were nothing to write home about. I took a sample of Dutch wax I bought years ago but saw nothing like it's quality. If you finally make a headway, don't forget to update.
Quality has been a problem, surly i'll make a headway, will keep you updated.

1 Like

Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by gocare: 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2016
kid7soccer:

Please how much was the transport fare from ABC and did they charge for for all the entry visas? If yes how much please? And please any idea of a cheap but Ok hotel, possibly near a market?
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by Umarlulu: 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2016
cantiride2:
Hi please can you help me find out the prices of gold in Ghana and How much does a gram go for thanks.You can email me on Cantiride2001@yahoo.com I will be so grateful
that's the business am intending to engage in here,there is money in gold business in Accra but it needs capital.
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by Umarlulu: 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

not necessarily with passport by road just pay extra 2k
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by Umarlulu: 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2016
kid7soccer:
hi nairalanders, please am thinking of going to Ghana to buy goods which i intend to sell in Nigeria. Please I will like to know if buying goods in ghana is cheaper to nigeria, goods like men & women T-shirts, shoes, pollow, warpper, Ghana farbics, gold, Ghana kente etc. Please i will be grateful if anyone can help me wit the cost or price of this goods and were i can buy them in Ghana at a cheap rate. Thanks for support, God bless
try and buy something from Nigeria down here to Ghana you will make a lot of money but never buy something here to Nigeria because our naira don't have value for now,am still reminding you bring something from Nigeria for now don't forget.

1 Like

Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by kid7soccer(m): 5:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
Umarlulu:
try and buy something from Nigeria down here to Ghana you will make a lot of money but never buy something here to Nigeria because our naira don't have value for now,am still reminding you bring something from Nigeria for now don't forget.
thanks alot for this infomation, that means it now more profitable to import from nigeria to ghana not the other way round. I'll see what i can do about this oppuninity. Thanks again for the info.
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by kid7soccer(m): 5:38pm On Aug 28, 2016
Umarlulu:
not necessarily with passport by road just pay extra 2k
k, but i wont advice it. Cause if you are stranded you are on your own, you cant receive money like moneygramm, western money etc and worst you can't claim to be a nigerian cause you got no passport. All the same ABC charges 5k extra for non passport holders
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by kid7soccer(m): 5:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
gocare:

Please how much was the transport fare from ABC and did they charge for for all the entry visas? If yes how much please? And please any idea of a cheap but Ok hotel, possibly near a market?
i think the fare is about 10k or less. You don't pay for any entry visa, ABC includes all fees in their fare. As for hotel you can checkout some hotel on wakanow or any other travel booking site. I advice you book online for a day then take you time to look for a cheaper place to stay later. Have not been in Ghana since early last year so alot in hotel fees must have change since this foreign exchange wahala.
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by kid7soccer(m): 5:59pm On Aug 28, 2016
Umarlulu:
that's the business am intending to engage in here,there is money in gold business in Accra but it needs capital.
that nice to know, it like your based in ghana now? Pls what the cost for purchasing gold and were can it be bought. also can you pls state some current prices of purchasing things over there like men, women wears/shoes, stuff like ghana wax/kente, bags and pls could you advice on the type of goods that i can bring over to Ghana to sale for profit, thanks alot for your support.
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by Umarlulu: 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2016
kid7soccer:
thanks alot for this infomation, that means it now more profitable to import from nigeria to ghana not the other way round. I'll see what i can do about this oppuninity. Thanks again for the info.
it's my pleasure
Re: Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria by Umarlulu: 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2016
kid7soccer:
that nice to know, it like your based in ghana now? Pls what the cost for purchasing gold and were can it be bought. also can you pls state some current prices of purchasing things over there like men, women wears/shoes, stuff like ghana wax/kente, bags and pls could you advice on the type of goods that i can bring over to Ghana to sale for profit, thanks alot for your support.
so many things here will surely bring money for you let me give some examples,onions,dried catfish,palm oil, phone's and accessories, Irish potatoes bring money more 1k could be sold at give away price 6k.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beware Of ATM Card Cloning / Simple Steps To Setup A Profitable Work From Home Business / How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.