Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! - Jokes Etc (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! (84660 Views)

Riddles! Riddles!! Riddles!!! / Riddles! Riddles! Really Tough Nd Funny Riddles! / Riddles: Riddles: Riddles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Tinkybabe(f): 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2012
wiegraf:

Gotta run...
3 is popular...
Who would your partner say is the liar? If he says the partner would say himself, then the partner is the honest one, else reverse

Is pages and leaves? 36 and 21

2 looks juicy, I'll be back for it

4, you've not told anything about jennifer, I'm missing something?

Edit, oops, no 3 corrected

3)wrong,you can ask one question only and the question you asked won't get you out of there
4)That's the essence of the riddle..you have to think.(Clue)the answer is in the question grin
5)Wrong

musKeeto:

He's the janitor? First floor to sign attendance, tools are stored on the seventh floor smiley

Wrong
wiegraf: 4, Jennifer is 15
explain
wiegraf: He stops on the 7th floor to do something he doesn't want others to see, which won't take place when it rains? Solo master?
wrong
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2012
A = false
B=true

Ask A, "would B say B is the liar", yes
Ask B, "would A say A is the liar", no
So ask anyone, if he says yes, you're talking the liar, else the other one.

Each syllable is 5

Edit:36 and 19 ... I suddenly can't count..well not so sudden, have good reason *wink*, anyone?anybody?meh never mind
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by alaricsaltzman: 5:05pm On Oct 02, 2012
Tinkybabe: TRY THESE

1)You can take four of the five letters out of this word, but the pronunciation never changes. What is the word?

2)A man who lives on the tenth floor takes the elevator down to the first floor every morning and goes to work. In the evening, when he comes back; on a rainy day, or if there are other people in the elevator, he goes to his floor directly. Otherwise, he goes to the seventh floor and walks up three flights of stairs to his apartment.
Can you explain why?

3)You find yourself in a strange place guarded by two guards.One of the guard always say truth while other always lies.You dontknow the identity of the two.You can ask only one question to go out from there. What should you ask?

4)If Susan is 10, Arabella is 20, and Jim and Neal are both 5, but Richard is 10, how much is Jennifer by the same system?

5)A newspaper is supposed to have 60 pages
but pages 24 and 41 are missing.
Which other pages won't be there?

1. queue
2. simple...cos the man is short!!!
3. "where is the road out"
4. jennifer is 20...cos the ages are in twos...
5. 23 and 42
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Tinkybabe(f): 5:34pm On Oct 02, 2012
@
wiegraf: A = false
B=true

Ask A, "would B say B is the liar", yes
Ask B, "would A say A is the liar", no
So ask anyone, if he says yes, you're talking the liar, else the other one.

Each syllable is 5
You are still missing the point.the answer you have provided has only helped in identifying the two men and not the way out.In other words,you'd have to ask another question to get out of day and the riddle does not permit that.
Now, I rephrase the question: What one question can you ask the guards(good and bad) to know the way out?

wiegraf:

Edit:36 and 19 ... I suddenly can't count..well not so sudden, have good reason *wink*, anyone?anybody?meh never mind
not entirely right
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Tinkybabe(f): 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2012
alaric saltzman:

1. queue
2. simple...cos the man is short!!!
3. "where is the road out"
4. jennifer is 20...cos the ages are in twos...
5. 23 and 42

1)right
2)right but explain
3)explain how the man will get out with that question
4)wrong..it's been answered by someone correctly
5)not entirely correct.try harder!
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2012
Tinkybabe: @

You are still missing the point.the answer you have provided has only helped in identifying the two men and not the way out.In other words,you'd have to ask another question to get out of day and the riddle does not permit that.
Now, I rephrase the question: What one question can you ask the guards(good and bad) to know the way out?

'what road would you partner suggest I take?' They will both lie
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 9:44pm On Oct 02, 2012
Or, 'what road will your partner suggest I do not take?' Will point out the correct one.

Even if he were too short to reach button 8, why does he go to the top when its raining? Consierge?
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by alaricsaltzman: 11:24am On Oct 03, 2012
Tinkybabe:

1)right
2)right but explain
3)explain how the man will get out with that question
4)wrong..it's been answered by someone correctly
5)not entirely correct.try harder!

2) if there are pple on the elevator, they'll def press it for him or on the rainy days, he'll use his umbrella...

3) i'll ask "which road would the other guard show me?", definitely, the truthful guard would show me "the wrong road" and the lying guard would still lie abt the road the truthful guard would show me which is equally the wrong road...irrespective of who i ask, they'll both show me the wrong road and i'll just follow the opposite....

4) ok...15, 5 for every syllable...jen-ni-fer=5*3=15

5)since its a newspaper, front pages would affect backpages...so if 24 and 41 are missing then
23, 24, 37, 38 are missing
19, 20, 41, 42 are missing
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by alaricsaltzman: 1:13pm On Oct 03, 2012
tym 2 ask my own:

1. The office team is out racing at the skating rink during a long lunch hour. Samantha beat Jim. Louise was not last. Dennis was beaten by Jack and Louise, in that order. Jim was not first. Jack lost to Jim. Who won?

2. When Jim was taking a stroll one day, he met his father-in-law's only daughter's mother-in-law. What did he call her?

3. You bought 2 antique lamps for $50 each. Later, you were offered $60 for one and you sold it, changed your mind when you saw its duplicate being sold for more, and bought it back for $70. You then sold it for $80. The first one didn't sell at all so you reduced it by 10% below what you originally paid and managed to sell it. Did you make or lose money on the deal, and how much?
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Tinkybabe(f): 1:13pm On Oct 03, 2012
^^^ Wow!!!Brilliant
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 1:33pm On Oct 03, 2012
alaric saltzman: tym 2 ask my own:

1. The office team is out racing at the skating rink during a long lunch hour. Samantha beat Jim. Louise was not last. Dennis was beaten by Jack and Louise, in that order. Jim was not first. Jack lost to Jim. Who won?

2. When Jim was taking a stroll one day, he met his father-in-law's only daughter's mother-in-law. What did he call her?

3. You bought 2 antique lamps for $50 each. Later, you were offered $60 for one and you sold it, changed your mind when you saw its duplicate being sold for more, and bought it back for $70. You then sold it for $80. The first one didn't sell at all so you reduced it by 10% below what you originally paid and managed to sell it. Did you make or lose money on the deal, and how much?

1. Samantha
2. Edit: oops mother, not in law
3. $5 profit
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by alaricsaltzman: 1:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
wiegraf:

1. Samantha
2. Edit: oops mother, not in law
3. $5 profit
num 3 is wrong!!!

Tinkybabe: ^^^ Wow!!!Brilliant
fanks!!!
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Tinkybabe(f): 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2012
alaric saltzman: tym 2 ask my own:

1) Samantha won
Samantha-Jim-Jack-Louise-Dennis

2)Mum or mother
His father-inlaw's daughter is his WIFE and his wife's mother-inlaw is his MOTHER

3)profit of $15
treating each sale independently,
I made $10 from the first sale
made another $10 from the resale
and made a loss of 5 from the sale of the other lamp
so gain of $20- loss of $5 = gain of 15
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 03, 2012
@TinkyBabe: your sig
The moment you give up is the moment you give the victory to someone else.
Seems you haven't raced against Bolt... grin

Great questions guys. I've run out of steam.. these blaady exams.. will keep popping in though.. thanks to all the contributors.. cheesy
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 1:54pm On Oct 03, 2012
alaric saltzman:
num 3 is wrong!!!

fanks!!!

Ooohh, what I miss in the 3rd one?
Made initial 10, lost it when rebought, made 10 again with resale, against 5 loss for the other one.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by alaricsaltzman: 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2012
wiegraf:

Ooohh, what I miss in the 3rd one?
Made initial 10, lost it when rebought, made 10 again with resale, against 5 loss for the other one.
tinky has answerd it correctly...u add dem up...not subtract
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by alaricsaltzman: 3:55pm On Oct 03, 2012
1. The spy was captured easily, and his message proved to be so simple that the lieutenant saw its importance immediately. What does it say?

Alice: Tom told Ann Carter, Kelly and Ted, David Atwood was not moving out now. David awaiting you.

2. What is the 4-digit number (no zeros) in which the last digit is double the third, the third digit is one more than the second, and the first digit is one less than the second and one-fourth of the last?

3. While visiting a Junior High School, I asked two students to give me their ages. The did so, and then, to test their arithmetical powers, I asked each of them to add the two ages together. One game me 44 as the answer, and the other gave me 1280. I immediately saw that one of them had subtracted one age from the other, while the other student had multiplied the two ages together. Can you tell what the students ages were?
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
alaric saltzman: 1. The spy was captured easily, and his message proved to be so simple that the lieutenant saw its importance immediately. What does it say?

Alice: Tom told Ann Carter, Kelly and Ted, David Atwood was not moving out now. David awaiting you.

2. What is the 4-digit number (no zeros) in which the last digit is double the third, the third digit is one more than the second, and the first digit is one less than the second and one-fourth of the last?

3. While visiting a Junior High School, I asked two students to give me their ages. The did so, and then, to test their arithmetical powers, I asked each of them to add the two ages together. One game me 44 as the answer, and the other gave me 1280. I immediately saw that one of them had subtracted one age from the other, while the other student had multiplied the two ages together. Can you tell what the students ages were?

Attack today? No...Al be back...
What sort of junior high students are 20 and 64?
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 4:57pm On Oct 03, 2012
alaric saltzman:

Distracting capitals
Attack at dawn monday
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by alaricsaltzman: 6:05pm On Oct 03, 2012
wiegraf:

Attack today? No...Al be back...
What sort of junior high students are 20 and 64?
1st is wrong...
lol at the 3rd 1...one of a sort...

wiegraf:

Distracting capitals
Attack at dawn monday
nope
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 12:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
What in the world could 3 be? The first message being a decoy would make it clever, not a first time catch
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by alaricsaltzman: 1:50pm On Oct 04, 2012
wiegraf: What in the world could 3 be? The first message being a decoy would make it clever, not a first time catch
take the 1st letter of the words and see what it forms!!! grin
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by alaricsaltzman: 2:02pm On Oct 04, 2012
If the day before the day before yesterday is three days after Saturday.

What day is it today?
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
alaric saltzman:
take the 1st letter of the words and see what it forms!!! grin

But that's what I did...
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 2:16pm On Oct 04, 2012
alaric saltzman: If the day before the day before yesterday is three days after Saturday.

What day is it today?
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

Thursday

Edit, wrong.. It's friday
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 04, 2012
wiegraf:

But that's what I did...
I taya o...
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by alaricsaltzman: 2:41pm On Oct 04, 2012
wiegraf:

But that's what I did...
yea...sowee, my mind bin no dey dere jaweee grin grin
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by alaricsaltzman: 2:42pm On Oct 04, 2012
wiegraf:

Thursday

Edit, wrong.. It's friday
seems u are in another time zone...its thursday joor tongue
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 3:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
alaric saltzman:
seems u are in another time zone...its thursday joor tongue

Heh, I thought so at first, but it says the day before the day before yesterday, that's 3 days ago.
That day is 3 days after saturday.
So 3 + 3 = 6
That would make today friday, unless I'm starting from 0 rather than 1 (if you know what I mean, can't describe it properly).

Here's an easy one, lemme see if I can...

A pond has lilies growing on it. During summer, they double after every 24 hours. If we start with 6 lilies and it takes the lilies 90 days to cover the ponds surface, on what day does the pond have half its surface covered in lilies...

There's a much juicier one, to remember it now...
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
wiegraf:

Heh, I thought so at first, but it says the day before the day before yesterday, that's 3 days ago.
That day is 3 days after saturday.
So 3 + 3 = 6
That would make today friday, unless I'm starting from 0 rather than 1 (if you know what I mean, can't describe it properly).

Here's an easy one, lemme see if I can...

A pond has lilies growing on it. During summer, they double after every 24 hours. If we start with 6 lilies and it takes the lilies 90 days to cover the ponds surface, on what day does the pond have half its surface covered in lilies...

There's a much juicier one, to remember it now...

89 days..
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
musKeeto:
89 days..

I didn't put enough 419 distractions, I fail. Let me remember the real juicy one... Or google it...
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 4:00pm On Oct 04, 2012
Like the others, after figuring you out not so tough anymore, are you? There's a more complex version though. Likely been posted here already as well

You have 9 coins, one is lighter than the others. You can confirm this only by balancing them against themselves on a balancing weight scale. You can figure out the lighter one with 2 tries, how?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

When You Combine Ministry Of Works, Housing And Transport... Hilarious! / Funny! School Cartoon Comics. / Hilarious Pic: When You Gave Birth To A Stubborn Kid And Refuses To Stay Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.